PDA

View Full Version : Episodes VII, VIII, & IX

aikman
01-16-2003, 12:32 PM
I know this is the wrong place but did he say nine?

from fox news:
Lucas also told me that he and Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson have become good friends, commiserating with each other in Australia and New Zealand on their shoots about making their two series.

"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book."

The Overlord Returns
01-16-2003, 12:39 PM
It's most likely a mistake on the editors part......

....afterall, it is Fox news :rolleyes:

And yes, this is REALLY in the wrong place.......

keith koth
01-16-2003, 12:55 PM
As many of you may have already heard or read, George Lucas was quoted by Fox News as saying "I am making 9 2-hour movies" in reference to the Star Wars saga. LucasFilm later stated that Mr. Lucas had been misquoted and that there will only be 6 Star Wars movies.

Sounds like a Freudian slip to me. :crazed:

Think back to the first triology. When it was complete, George did not come right out and state that there would be a second prequel triology.

I believe that George has every intention of developing a third triology. However, to avoid a situation whereby other upcoming projects may be overlooked, and to avoid the potentially continuous onslaught of questions related to a third triology, Mr. Lucas has decided to outright deny any speculation of a third triology.

I do believe that George has several other projects that he will complete before he returns to the "drawing board" for the final triology...but I can easily see Episode VII hitting theaters sometime between 2015 and 2020.

What does everyone else think?

The Overlord Returns
01-16-2003, 01:00 PM
I think you shouldn't get your hopes up.........

A trilogy in twenty years? What's it going to be about? Naboo Heights retirement Villa?

Most of the actors from the original films would be pushing eighty.......

Besides that......there is no story left to tell.

Fulit
01-16-2003, 01:00 PM
What will it be like a "Golden Girls" set in space, with a geriatric Ford, Fisher, and Hamill, or a complete recast of Luke, Leia, and Han? That would suck. Additionally, it would suck to have them not in it at all, and have it be about their kids. I say poop to this idea. Knowing GL, he'd CG all the actors or something.

Look, me & Overlord Returns posted almost the same idea at the same time. :)

Jargo
01-16-2003, 01:02 PM
What's star wras?

keith koth
01-16-2003, 01:24 PM
What about CGI? Who knows what computers will be capable of in 20 years. Perhaps we will actually see the stars of the original triology as computer generated images indistinguishable from real actors.

The plot? Who knows? Perhaps we will see Luke's own demise into the dark side of the force (so he can truly understand his father)...perhaps a rebuilding of the Jedi order...and an eventual rescue of Luke, bringing him back to the light side of the force.

I still think George made a Freudian slip. That is just my opinion. It couldn't hurt to hope for a third triology...but if it never comes to be, that's fine...but some day, somewhere, somebody in the Lucas family will see Star Wars for the "cash cow" that it is, and they undoubtedly will attempt to cash in on it...whether George is directly involved or not.

Rogue II
01-16-2003, 02:02 PM
I think he slipped as well. In the same interview he said he was going to make more movies like THX after he finishes Episdoe 3.

Rogue II
01-16-2003, 02:07 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17123

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17094

Jaff
01-16-2003, 04:51 PM
Star Wars must end some time. To overdo the trilogy would turn it into Jason.

Jargo
01-16-2003, 07:14 PM
But his new buddy Peter Jackson could take the helm with Georgie porgie just being the overseer. That would take the workload off his back so he could make more longwinded arthouse movies like THX1138 or more turkeys like Howard the duck. Or more endless Indiana Jones spin offs. :o

stillakid
01-16-2003, 10:22 PM
Star Wars has already jumped the shark. Moving on to a third trilogy would be like watching all the Scrappy Doo episodes with your eyes taped open or anything with Cousin Oliver.

Now, had he actually done the Prequels the right way such that all the original fans were just as excited as the first time and an entire new generation loved it so much that they put down their Pokemon cards, then maybe the interest would be there and everyone would actually look forward to seeing the story continue. But given that that's not the case, this should all end with Ep III. The toyline will end a year or so after that as the Definitive Edition DVD's are released and maligned by all. :D

(And just after that, they'll remember that Raiders of the Lost Ark has Nazi's in it and they'll work feverishly to digitally replace them with something not so controversial...like Smurfs.)

JEDIpartner
01-19-2003, 09:25 AM
he's making 6 "Star WARS" movies and 9 "Star WRAS" movies... see the difference?

:D

;)

Prince Xizor
01-19-2003, 02:30 PM
If you knew this was the wrong place, why did you post it?

Hellboy
01-19-2003, 03:12 PM
maybe they were talkin about star wrastling, kinda like celebrity boxing :D

Spinosaurus2004
01-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Dude I love Star Wras man. My fav character has to be Obi-Wan Kenboi or maybe Darth Vadre! I love the Death Stra too! Lol.

Wookieboy
01-25-2003, 03:08 AM
I think like everyone, I wish this could continue forever, but I don't think he will make anymore. The man would be like 100 by the time he was done. He would never let anyone touch his "baby", so I guess we'll have to enjoy one last movie in 2005.
Afterall, we don't want this to turn into another "Trek" series. This last film was the lowest moneymaker of any of the "Trek" films. We should be happy that he came out of Star Wars retirement to do 3 more. I don't think that we would want to see a totally CGI Star Wars movie would we? Okay, there about 95% CGI already, but I would like some actual people in these movies. But we don't want Luke Skywalker running around on a rascal do we? Let us rejoice on these 6 movies, and only hope that in our lifetime there will be another Sci-Fi genius that will come up with a movie that will take us to a galaxy far far away.