PDA

View Full Version : Some people wait a lifetime for a crap movie like this

El Chuxter
01-16-2003, 03:06 PM
My girlfriend forwarded me this e-mail she received. (I have no clue why she's on an American Idol mailing list.) This single image just made me lose all faith I have in the inherent goodness of human nature, the order of the universe, possibly even the very existence of God.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::Pirate:

Rogue II
01-16-2003, 03:11 PM
You're right. Someone needs to have a talk with the folks down at FOX.

The Overlord Returns
01-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Urge to kill...rising...rising......

Beast
01-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Wow, somthing that could actually surpass the pure moronic stupidy of Jackass: The Movie. I didn't even think that was humanly possible. :eek: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dr Zoltar
01-16-2003, 03:26 PM
The End Is Near!!! Repent!!

Rogue II
01-16-2003, 03:35 PM
Tonight forecast: Hot, with wild scattered fire and brimstone. Watch out for the 4 horsemen if you are out driving.

mrmiller
01-16-2003, 03:40 PM
If the only movies to come out this year were Jackass and American Idol- Jackass would sweep the Oscars. Perfect name for your jpeg.

=MATT=

derek
01-16-2003, 04:08 PM
is that real? untill i see a trailer, or speak with a grip i'll remain skeptical.;)

Patient Zero
01-16-2003, 04:12 PM
I am going to drown myself in a toilet.

QLD
01-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Hey Jonna! I was in this toilet first!

mini-rock
01-17-2003, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the joke:D. I needed a good laugh:p.

scruffziller
01-17-2003, 09:28 AM
:sur: Wh.....Wh.....Wha.....Wha....What's this!!!!!!!! :D

Eternal Padawan
01-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Well, I never watched American Idol (people seem to want to forget that it was on a decade ago and it was called Star Search) but this thing reeks of backfire, because by the time the movie hits the bigscreen, everybody will be "Justin? Kelly? That was sooooo spring of 2002..." and noone will give a great big poo about these guys anymore. It's kind of like when they finally get around to releasing their albums. Noone will buy them because pop culture is fickle and fleeting and not only will America have moved on, they will have moved on from the thing that they moved on from after American Idol.

BanthaPoodoo
01-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Its not a joke. Here are some sites about it:

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/f/fromjustintokelly.shtm
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808440574
http://movieweb.com/movie/justinkelly/

stillakid
01-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Whose the more foolish? The fools who make this or the fools who will watch it?

Prince Xizor
01-17-2003, 12:08 PM
I'm gonna go rub some Draino in my eyes, I shall be back later.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2003, 07:00 PM
A "beach party"??? What the hell is this, 1963???:rolleyes:

I saw a blurb for this on ET last night, looks like there'll be great sing and dance routines throughout the film.:dead:

Vortex
01-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Yup going straight to DVD/VHS like those Steve Irwin "Crock Hunter" flicks...

Man, gotta love a media made celebs...

El Chuxter
01-17-2003, 08:33 PM
CRIKEY!! Don't knock the Croc Hunter, mate!

My girlfriend had an interesting point. Theoretically Kelly (who has an incredible voice, despite the utter cheapness of everything associated with American Idol in general) won the contest, getting a multi-million dollar recording contract; everyone else was more or less on their own. And, though it was prefab stuff that was probably in the can within a week, her album has been delayed twice: once to the day that the second season is premiering, and now to a date in March. The name of this CD is not available on amazon, despite it being delayed very close to the supposed release dates both times.

Her theory: this "album" is going to be a soundtrack to the movie, with Sideshow Bob's retarded nephew Justin and probably a lot of other washouts from the show. It must suck to win a show and be forced to do everything with the talentless folks you beat out. (And I was pretty much forced into watching that show every Tuesday night, and most of the people sucked hard.)

derek
01-17-2003, 10:24 PM
It must suck to win a show and be forced to do everything with the talentless folks you beat out.

anyone who went on that show deserves what ever they get.
if i had any show business aspirations, i'd be ashamed of myself for taking that route. ;)

and i can't believe i know this, but i heard it on the radio, that girl who won the "contest" actually broke the rules since she had signed a recording contrat with another company before she was on the TV show. i guess the people at fox let her slide since they already paid for her "album"