PDA

View Full Version : 2003 SAGA Darth Sidious figure

Darth Trymybestus
01-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Ok, I am really looking forward to this figure, I love the character of Darth Sidious and the Episode I figure was great, but it got me wondering about the new one.
I wonder if they'll just repackage the Episode I figure like they did with Ki-Adi Mundi? I mean, I can understand why they'd do that as Darth Sidious looks the same in every scene.
I don't think they could really give him any accessories, except for a hologram of Darth Tyranus.
Surely they wouldn't give him an action feature either!
I was wondering if any other forumites had any thoughts about this? :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2003, 07:29 PM
He hasn't even been confirmed yet. But anyway, I'd like an older looking one. Perhaps in a different pose (the arms, anyway).

JediDBM
01-16-2003, 07:31 PM
My opinion, the one to wait for will be Ep III Sidious

Darth Trymybestus
01-16-2003, 07:34 PM
ahhh he was on that rumour list (which MOST of the figures that have been confirmed were on)
I wonder if we'd get soft goods? personally, I think soft goods would suck... hell, we NEED a new Emperor Palpatine!!!!!!! :crazed:

Jargo
01-16-2003, 07:51 PM
If they repackage I hope they trim down the back of the robe so he can actually stand up without falling face forward. My Darth sidious is a drunkard! The last one is fine really, no change needed to it. The only thing they could do is to give it the hads from Saga Palpatine so his fingers interlock inside the robe sleeves. I don't have it handy but aren't the sidious hands a bit small?

Darth Trymybestus
01-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I don't have it handy but aren't the sidious hands a bit small?

I've noticed that his friends are small... a friend said he has hands like Jeremy Beadle, I'm not sure what that means though?

JediDBM
01-16-2003, 07:57 PM
A cloaked Palpatine? What could they do differently to Palpatine?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2003, 07:58 PM
The following are the only rumored figures to not be confirmed. i don't know what the mystery figures are.

*Bail Organa
*Bespin Pilot (The Empire Strikes Back)
*Imperial Dignitary (Return of the Jedi)
*Darth Sidious (Sith Lord)
*Padmé Amidala (Naboo Refuge)
*Anakin Skywalker (Naboo Refuge)
*Poggle the Lesser
*Figure #82863 (Not allowed to reveal figure)
*Figure #84296 (Not allowed . . .)
*Figure #84313 (Not allowed . . .)
*Orray with Geonosian Picador
*Scene Selection 2-pack: Obi-Wan vs. Jango Fett

Jargo
01-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Jeremy beadle is a UK tv presenter and broadcaster who has one hand that's stunted so he has a child sized hand and a man sized hand. He's very self conscious of his little hand and hides it from the cameras but when he isn't concentrating he'll gesture and you see his little hand in all it's tiny glory. I should just say that jeremy beadle is one of the most hated men in Britain not because of his little hand but because he is a prize arse. Think of the most awful tv presenter you can and then times it by ten and jeremy is worse.

Soft goods cloak, Tumbling down reactor core shaft action, able to stand unaided sith lightning attack, seated on throne, all things they could do with palpatine in new sculpting style and with the basic carded approach rather than flashback photo card limited production run approach. But we're talking about Sidious not Palpatine. Sidious is younfger looking under the robes, more upright in his stance.Palpatine is hunched and wizened under his robes. Not to quible or anything but there is a subtle difference. Not to mention that one is OT and the other PT. :)

Darth Sidious
01-16-2003, 08:11 PM
They'd better not screw it up. I just do not see what else they could possible do to this figure. Watch Hasbro give him a "Matrix flipping action and opening robes with sub-machine guns" or something. You'd push a button on his codpiece and the robes would flap open and shut like wings while the arms spasmed in a pitiful attempt to grab the guns with weak magnets. If, by chance, he did manage to grab the guns, about 30 missiles would fly out of his orifices, reaching a maximum distance of 3 inches. He would have a screaming, agonized facial expression, and a "Fire-breathing" force effect that attached to a hole in his mouth. After all of this, he would take a flying leap into the air and land straight on his arse. Then his armored chestplate would pop open, revealing a poorly painted bomb that says "Self-Destruct Activated". Then the figure would burst into a hundred tiny pieces. Once you find all of the pieces, you could re-attach them with pitifully weak magnets. His action stance would be unbearable. All for the low price of $29.99! Exclusive only at Target, the one store that never gets $#!+ anyway!

JEDIpartner
01-19-2003, 10:11 AM
My... the would have certainly loaded THAT one up with extra goodies! :eek:

Teeska Mon Eebon
01-19-2003, 10:11 PM
And I though cold weather Obi-wan was bad.......