PDA

View Full Version : What are we going to do with all the points?

Sidiously Darth
11-07-2001, 09:39 PM
I have a bucket full of the darn things. When is Hasbro going to pony up a deal for these? Send in 50 points for Exclusive figure would be nice. If not, quit putting them on the cards and boxes!!!

evenflow
11-07-2001, 10:07 PM
It would nice if we could use them for something, but i doubt we eill ever need them. I hope I am wrong though.

JEDIpartner
11-08-2001, 12:47 PM
Sh-yeah....!

I totally hear you about these things!!! I have so many of these little bastards floating around my STAR WARS bedroom at my house. I wish they were worth something... pain in the butt. That's what they are!!!

Oh, well... I heard they were only valid in upside down land... i.e. AUSTRALIA.

evenflow
11-08-2001, 03:24 PM
I don't see why they can't be used here, if they wre used in Australia.

Jargo
11-08-2001, 07:06 PM
With enough points to furnish my house with a million mail-in figures I was wondering the same thing. Do the new EP2 cards have them as well I wonder... What a waste of print space. Not to mention shelf space used by the shoebox I keep them all in in the vain hope that sometime we'll get that little slip in the blister announcing just which figure we can get for them..... I always was a dreamer. :):stupid:

Sidiously Darth
11-08-2001, 09:31 PM
EJ,

They are on the backs of the new cards. Unfortunately, it seems the foreign markets will have use for them and not us. Hasbro is so Anti-American:eek:

Dferguson
11-08-2001, 10:34 PM
I wish they were worth something A mail in figure would be nice
but oh well going to keep them if they do come in handy

( hey Jedipartnr where did you get your new Avatar its cool
I would like a new picture from the movies instead of the default ones here is there a link for a lot of Avatars to choose from?))

evenflow
11-09-2001, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
With enough points to furnish my house with a million mail-in figures I was wondering the same thing. Do the new EP2 cards have them as well I wonder... What a waste of print space. Not to mention shelf space used by the shoebox I keep them all in in the vain hope that sometime we'll get that little slip in the blister announcing just which figure we can get for them..... I always was a dreamer. :):stupid:

I have to agree. I can't throw them out either because you may never know. They may be used for something. There is always that possibilty. A mail away would rock beyond belief with them. I hope Hasbro reads this. ;)

GNT
11-10-2001, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Oh, well... I heard they were only valid in upside down land... i.e. AUSTRALIA.

Yep they were used here in Oz! Thats how I got my Jedi Braid,Obi Wan w/gungan sub,a few posters etc etc etc...

If you don't want them send them to me :)

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 11:48 AM
I'd use 'em to keep myself warm in the cold winters, but they probably release toxic gasses when they're burned. ;)

JediCole
11-10-2001, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
I have a bucket full of the darn things. When is Hasbro going to pony up a deal for these? Send in 50 points for Exclusive figure would be nice. If not, quit putting them on the cards and boxes!!!

At last, a thread about these points! I saw someone auctioning off a couple of hundred of these on eBay the other day. The description told of how they might one day be used for a mail-in offer, so here was your big chance. However, the one thing that tends to be forgotten is this, the one time they have been worth something in the US was with the Mace Windu (if memory serves) mail-away offer. It may have been another. At any rate, you could have saved a billion points and it would do you no good. You had to have cash register receipts dated between specific dates to cash in your points! So all the shoe boxes, fish bowls, paper sacks, or envelopes full of these points will be just that if Hasbro ever does make an offer, because you will still have to go out and buy more figures between target dates to have any chance of redeeming them!

Sidiously Darth
11-10-2001, 07:35 PM
You're probably right. Hasbro's tactics are even below that of a Sith!

GNT
11-10-2001, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by JediCole
You had to have cash register receipts dated between specific dates to cash in your points!

When we had the promotion here we DIDN'T need to send them the receipt,we just had to them the selected amount of points :)

El Chuxter
11-12-2001, 11:53 AM
I think the Mace mail-away, as well as the "POTF: From Ackbar to Zuckuss" poster offer through Wal-Mart, required UPC's and not Jedi Points. But I distinctly remember the receipt requirement. Luckily it was during a period of clearance, where one could stock up on POTF2 Stormies.