PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Skywalker's Swoop Bike Boxed

SirSteve
01-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Pictures just added! Check the home page for the news. Enjoy!

Prince Xizor
01-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Everytime I see that Anakin, it looks more and more like the Force Flipping Anakin in a differant box.

Old Fossil
01-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Anakin looks like he just spilled scalding hot coffee in a vital area...

QLD
01-17-2003, 01:40 AM
Well, the crappiest actor in Star Wars history, deserves a crappy figure I guess.

Can't really argue with that logic.

Jargo
01-17-2003, 06:34 AM
Nice speeder. Should have shipped without that figure though. Would have reduced the cost. Not only does Anakin not have his cape but he has that awful head and that awful action gimmick and he's just bad bad bad. I have to wonder whether it's going to be worth paying such a high price for such a small speeder when the figure will be thrown in the trash as soon as it's opened. Same with the Dooku speeder really. I hate that they put a huge button on that speeder just to facilitate some stupid action feature on the dumb figure. I really wanted the speeders too. Now i'm really wrestling with they're actualworth as far as my collection goes. Damn you Hasbro! had to go and ruin things. :mad:

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 07:52 AM
Quote from Quite-Long Dong:
Well, the crappiest actor in Star Wars history, deserves a crappy figure I guess.

Can't really argue with that logic.
Come on Quite long Dong, he wasnt that bad. I know everybody is entitled to thier opinion, but isnt that a little harsh? What was so wrong with him or his part?

The Overlord Returns
01-17-2003, 10:11 AM
LOL!!!!!!! He looks really frightened....

and why, WHY hasbro would he not have a cloak? Did he EVER appear on that speeder bike without one. I ask you?

NO.

Sigh...and I was so happy after seeing those nice youngling packs...

QLD
01-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Unfortunately, I and many others, think he WAS that bad. I would equate his performance to that of Denise Richards in The World Is Not Enough. Every time he had lines, I cringed. He delivers them with no fluidity, no sense of realism, like he is reading them off the cue card. It was one of the worst performances I have ever seen, and definately one of the worst of 2002.

He may be a fine actor otherwise, but he totally ruined the character of Anakin for me, even more so than Jake Lloyd. I honestly think that N'Sync as Jedi would have been a better choice than Hayden at this point. Anyway, I don't want to beat a dead horse too much.

And to join the topic.....I don't see myself getting this thing at all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2003, 10:48 AM
Oh dear god . . . PLEASE tell me their sabers are not permanently attached to their hands.:dead:

JediBoulton
01-17-2003, 11:32 AM
I dont believe the sabers are attached to their hands -- in the picture of close front -- there is a rubber band holding the saber to the hand.

If i get this thing -- this will probably be my first attempt at customizing the anakin figure. The speeder looks GREAT!!

I was hoping for an improvement over the SOTE Swoop that was released a few years ago.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
01-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Yet another toy not worth going into my collection...

Patient Zero
01-17-2003, 12:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

After looking at his face, all I can think of is the phrase "Pinch one out for me".

Jaff
01-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Did anakin ever show his gritting teeth while he was using the speeder bike? I don't remember seeing that. He looks pretty lame.

187-Maul
01-17-2003, 01:31 PM
I was hoping that they would change his face sculpt but it seems they didn't see the need to...too bad, I would've bought the set if the anakin was better or the speeder was packed alone, but I don't think that I'll get it now cause it'll be expensive as hell now (here in france anyway)

aceguide
01-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Rarely have I seen a more pathetic attempt by Hasbro.
1 - Where'S the cloak. Gimme a break, did they see the movie? Skip one of the light sabers and get it right.
2. Head/Face. Enough said.

Now the swoop looks very nice. I just don't get the Anakin.

jblodgett
01-17-2003, 02:50 PM
First of all-- where is the cloak???????????

Second-- when did Anakin wield his lightsaber WHILE ON THE SPEEDER???????????

Third-- what is up with that facial expression??????

Fourth-- I liked Hayden. I thought he was perfect for the role of Anakin, and acted it well.

I really do not understand why Hasbro continues to release toys that are completely different from what actually happened in the movie. This reminds me of the POTF Han Hoth- where he has his hood down, even though you never saw him in any of the movie without his hood either all the way on, or all the way off. Hasbro-- it is supposed to be a toy based on a movie. Quit making things up!

jpak001
01-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Horrible Anakin..... yuk! Great looking speeder bike though. I'll get one for the bike & probably customize an Anakin.

QLD
01-17-2003, 03:32 PM
GET HIM SOME MILK OF MAGNESIA, STAT!!!!!!

Darth Trymybestus
01-17-2003, 04:29 PM
I'm glad a lot of you don't like this... that means more chance of me getting one :D :crazed:
I don't know, I guess I'm past criticising figures because mostly they are FANTASTIC but if I don't like a figure, there's nothing I can do about it and I don't like it.:)
I think this set is fantastic but the thing is, there are other Anakin Skywalker in Jedi gear figures if you don't like this one :)
I personally think it looks much better boxed than when I first saw the pics on starwars.hasbro.com it looks more detailed, I can't wait for this set.
When I get this set, I'll keep it displayed with the Anakin figure on the speeder, I have my other Anakin's to display on their own.

At the risk of sounding very cheesy... ROCK ON HASBRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Trymybestus
01-17-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by jblodgett
I liked Hayden. I thought he was perfect for the role of Anakin, and acted it well.

I couldn't agree more... when I first watched A New Hope and Old Ben said to Luke "I was once a Jedi Knight, just like your father". I always wondered what Anakin Skywalker was like. I must say that Hayden was everything that I always thought Anakin Skywalker to be, he was perfect for the role.
Would you have preferred Leonardo DiCaprio? (who is a FANTASTIC actor by the way, he's just not Anakin Skywalker material) or Ryan Philippe? or God Forbid... Dawson Creek Superstar *sarcasm* James Van Der Beek?!?!? :)

QLD
01-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
Would you have preferred Leonardo DiCaprio? (who is a FANTASTIC actor by the way, he's just not Anakin Skywalker material) or Ryan Philippe? or God Forbid... Dawson Creek Superstar *sarcasm* James Van Der Beek?!?!? :)

After seeing it, about the only person I wouldn't have preferred would be Freddy Prinze Jr. As much as I detest him, I honestly think he could have played the role at least AS well as Hayden. I could probably name about 200 actors off the top of my head that I would SERIOUSLY rather have play Anankin in the next movie rather than Hayden, because of the performance.

Though I actually blame Lucas more for Hayden sucking than Hayden. Maybe Hayden is a fine actor, I haven't seen him in anything else, and because of this performance, I don't want to really. If Lucas was focusing more on the actual acting, rather than the CGI, then maybe it wouldn't have been so horrible.

jpak001
01-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Take the cloak from the upcoming Anakin & swap heads with Hanger Duel Anakin = presto! A movie acurate Anakin for your cool speeder bike!

Yup, that's what I'm gonna do!

Darth Trymybestus
01-17-2003, 04:51 PM
I think that Hayden did his best with the script, I've seen him in Life as a House and he's got such depth as an actor.
He has the look of Anakin, I mean the scene where he confesses to Padme, it's such a young Darth Vader moment.
I think that in 20 years people will look at him they way they look at Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones... they wouldn't be able to imagine anyone else in the role.

Oh and jpak001... maybe Tatooine Attack might be more accurate... although maybe you are right too, Hangar Duel has a face of a focused individual. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-17-2003, 05:11 PM
I like this speeder and will definately be picking it up. Granted, i don't open my stuff, so i can't go on whining about the figure too much. If you hate the figure THAT much just use another Anakin figure or customize him!!!

Hayden was great in "life as a house" and i enjoyed his performance in "Attack of the Clones." I think he did what needed to be done to the Anakin character for it to evolve into Vader. That's just me though, if you don't like him performance, to each their own! :D

Jargo
01-18-2003, 08:47 AM
AOTC suffered horribly at the hands of Jonathan Hales and Lucas' script. Appalling dialogue will stump even the best actor. There are some lines that are so bad that no-one could have said them with conviction. Not to mention that the scenes have been trimmed down so any run up dialogue that might have made sense of the awful stuff was cut. There's also the fact that Lucas let hayden play Anakin as if he was a twelve year old trapped in the body of an eighteen year old. Anakin as a character came across as a spoilt brat rather than someone in the depths of inner turmoil.

As for the speeder, why shove a crap figure in with it at all? What a waste of money to produce something awful. What a waste of time and effort on the part of hasbro to make something that reflects badly on themselves. They really do make the rod for their own back. :rolleyes:

Jayspawn
01-18-2003, 09:32 AM
The speeder looks good. But the Anakin......Hey! The speeder looks great!

Jerjerrod
01-18-2003, 10:19 AM
The speeder does look nice. Anakin figure looks like a freak. I don't think there's anything wrong with Hayden and his portrayal of Anakin Skywalker. Lucas probably saw something in him that he thought would fit the character perfectly, like the acting-force is strong with him or something :rolleyes: .

It's just that whenever Hasbro makes an Anakin figure, they always make him look constipated, with a dump-taking, turd-chopping frenzy action.

JediTricks
01-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Once again, the speeder looks very nice... too bad the figure included with it can't say the same.

This Anakin and the Dooku w/ speeder figure are the perfect argument against Hasbro making vehicles that only work with certain specialized figures. It's like they're taking bad ideas and multiplying them exponentially or something. This Anakin figure has a ridiculous leg pose, a stupid arm gimmick, an ugly face, and then he's not even wearing the right costume - and he's probably the only figure in the Saga line who will be able to sit on this swoop!

Chiesa
01-19-2003, 09:05 PM
Sigh sigh... Probably a contender for worse looking figure of the year...

Hayden did pretty well sulking on screen in AoTC.