PDA

View Full Version : Not Reaching The Walmart Shelves!!

M1-H2
01-17-2003, 03:32 AM
To report any problems, please contact the Hasbro Consumer Affairs at: 1-800-327-8264, or to reach the Walmart Consumer Affairs Department call: 1-800-WALMART, and then follow the prompts that lead you to the Lee Scott Department. Check out my new thread entitled, "Beware!" on the "Hasbro Saga" forum on this website. I have obtained some valuable information from Walmart MANAGERS who have admitted that employees are ACTUALLY stealing the goods, and not shelving our figures!

Ook
01-17-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by M1-H2
I have obtained some valuable information from Walmart MANAGERS who have admitted that employees are ACTUALLY stealing the goods, and not shelving our figures! [/B]

I'm not surprised at all. They probably go straight from the truck to eBay.

Fulit
01-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Are any of us actually going to call? I will, if I think even a quarter of SSG members will. If we all called repeatedly, it would probably bug them really bad.

JediDBM
01-17-2003, 12:48 PM
I will call as well, I have contacted one of my cousins that manages a Walmart down South, I am going to find out what he can do, if anything, but Hasbro needs to open it's eyes about this! They are taking criticism from a majority of the people in SSG because of a lack of product hitting the shelves. HELLO HASBRO!!! Is anybody home? This is not your fault, but Hasbro needs to deal with the stores doing this. I know the Leavenworth Kansas Walmart is doing this. There has been nothing new on the Star Wars pegs in this Walmart since A WEEK before Christmas. Now is that normal? You cant tell me there are that many buyers in a small town Walmart that race for the Star Wars section as soon as new stuff comes out.

bobafrett
01-18-2003, 01:40 AM
The Wal-Mart I worked at, we had a policy that we were not allowed to buy items off the shelves until after the store opened. This problem is not just at Wal-Mart, but at Target, Toy's R Us, and any other chain that carries Star Wars and/or other colectible items, and you have Fans of those items working there. I had to buy one set of Star Wars toys, but at the same time the collectors would come in. The thing that really got me, was the 1 or 2 guys that would buy all the rare stuff and turn around and charge outlandish prices at collector shows, making it hard for me to complete my collection. I love collecting Star Wars related toys, but I have no value on my collection. What I'm saying is, I don't really know if one figure is worth more or is rarer than another. Even if I did, I wouldn't take advantage of it, because I don't want to sell my collection, nor any part of my collection.

darth chuck
01-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Several years ago, I was at a TRU in Louisville, KY when they had just rereleased all the POTF2 figs clogging the warehouses. There were literally hundreds of figures on the pegs. I managed to find one that was considered rare at the time and took it to checkout. There, a sixty year old lady said "oh, you found one of those - I thought we got them all. That goes for $100 on the internet".

I was a little frustrated by this, but what can you do?

bobafrett
01-19-2003, 04:11 AM
I bought two of the Lukes with his hand chopped off. I opened one for display, and the other one still in it's package. Then one day I was shopping at a sci fi dealer, and he mentioned to me about the variation in the arms bloody/non bloody. I wasn't sure which version I had, but he was willing to trade a bloody stump Luke for a Jorge Sacul figure. Needless to say, I still have both of my Bloody Stump Lukes.

Imperial Monarche
02-04-2003, 01:24 PM
is there anyway to bring a lawsuit to these companies where the exclusives are bought up by the employees as soon as they get off the truck and never even hit the store floor? i mean, how unfair is that.