PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Luke and Leia preview

bigbarada
11-07-2001, 11:25 PM
At starwars.com they have posted pictures of the 25th Anniversary Luke and Leia 2-pack.

I'm a little disappointed, but this IS just a prototype.

bigbarada
11-07-2001, 11:27 PM
Here's a link to the article:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2001/11/news20011107.html

MisterPL
11-07-2001, 11:33 PM
Is there a "dry heave" icon around here? That'd pretty much sum it up for me. I can almost taste the bile now.

What's up with the Gary Busey Luke? And please let a FEMALE artist paint the makeup on Leia, not some geek fanboy with a penchant for Penthouse pets and bushy eyebrows. Ugh.

JediTricks
11-08-2001, 06:00 AM
Boy, the new pic does seem to suggest "slophouse" to me too. Yikes!

OC47150
11-08-2001, 08:53 AM
Gary Busey Luke! That's a good one, Master PL!!! You hit it right on target. It looks like Luke has taken a couple steps back instead of forward.

JEDIpartner
11-08-2001, 10:10 AM
I'D take a few steps back too (figuratively speaking- no pun:rolleyes: ) if the girl next to me looked like THAT!!! Yeesh!!! Who put the make up on HER? Madonna????:sur: And there are those teeth again!!! :eek: Poor Luke... the Rebellion needs a better dental plan. We need better sculpts- what a way to celebrate the anniversary of something we love so much! :cry:

OC47150
11-08-2001, 10:19 AM
The Leia head sculpt, to me, looks like something in between the first, ape-like Leia face and the new likeness Leia.

evenflow
11-08-2001, 10:46 AM
As of now, not very happy with them. I don't like the colors used or the sculpting very much. I hope those are not the finished products. :(

Wolfwood319
11-08-2001, 11:37 AM
Anyone notice the predominant upper teeth that this Luke is sportin'. What is going on here anyway?

In all honesty it doesn't look very good, lets just hope the other two 2-packs are better. The coloring here is off, and the sculpts are terrible.

OC47150
11-08-2001, 11:42 AM
That's called the goober Luke look, Wildwood.

OC47150
11-08-2001, 11:43 AM
I meant Wolfwood. Sorry. But still, he's goober Luke, fresh off the farm!

Princess_Leila
11-08-2001, 12:23 PM
Well, the 2-tone hair on Luke really sucks, although the likeness could be kinda cool without the teeth. This is another one-pose wonder, but this is understandable. He looks so big! He really should be scaled down!

same for Leia. Just a reuse of the new likeness Leia. Same legs, same arms, just the ugly head is different. Really, really bad. At least the display will be nice.

Who said this was just a prototype? I'm sure the finished version will look a lot like this... thing.

The Han and Chewie prototypes look great though, so let's just hope that Ben and Vader will be nice.

Princess_Leila
11-08-2001, 02:23 PM
Did you guys see the Han Solo 25th anniversary likeness? STUNNING! This is a really great figure! Luke's likeness would also be nice IF PAINTED PROPERLY. (We can still hope!)

There should be ships too in this assortments. I hope that a rerelease of Vader's TIE IN THE RIGHT COLOUR is on the list! The previous one is cool, but whay the dark blue-grey tone? It's supposed to be light grey! I can always dream!

Can't wait to see Vader!

S3PO
11-08-2001, 06:54 PM
I thought the exact same thing when I saw that Luke. Gary Busey indeed.:D That Leia looks worse than the first "monkey" Leia.

Jargo
11-08-2001, 06:55 PM
EEEEEEEUUWWWWW!:eek: *barf!* what the hell is this junk? the plastic used for the base looks so cheap and nasty! leias eyes are halfway down her face. And what's with the ships anchor that Luke's holding? "look at the size of that thing!" he would never have been able to throew something that size!!!!! Surely this is a mistake and just a practice sculpting done by the intern? No? You mean they seriously expect us to buy this? Oh boy........ :zzz:

GNT
11-09-2001, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
EEEEEEEUUWWWWW!:eek: *barf!* what the hell is this junk? the plastic used for the base looks so cheap and nasty! leias eyes are halfway down her face. And what's with the ships anchor that Luke's holding? "look at the size of that thing!" he would never have been able to throew something that size!!!!! Surely this is a mistake and just a practice sculpting done by the intern? No? You mean they seriously expect us to buy this? Oh boy........ :zzz:

When the photo was taken, they probably didn't have the correct hook that should come with the finishished figure around so they grabbed that anchor as an example of what it'll look like!