PDA

View Full Version : Please make Luke, Leia, and Lando from the end of Empire Strikes Back!

Tycho
01-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Dear Hasbro,

While you keep wanting to re-issue the main heroes, why can't you finally make them from the end of Empire Strikes Back?

Lando can be in his "Smuggler's Attire," actually what is probably Han's clothes, and just a normal, plain basic sculpt. No action pose as all he does is fly the Millennium Falcon.

Leia can just be a new version of Leia never seen before. She's wearing her old white, Senator's gown, but her hair is styled in one plain and simple bun.

Luke will just be a regular non-action pose figure as well - but he can have (2) interchangeable right arms: one with the wrist open, exposing his mechanical hand circuitry, the other just a normal arm, as his artificial hand would look before it was damaged.

These would be very easy and simple collection 2 figures you could put out for 3 of the main Classic characters.

Why haven't we seen them yet?

Beast
01-17-2003, 10:01 PM
Great idea, Tycho. I've been calling for those three figures for quite sometime myself. Infact I suggested a Screen Scene of Leia, Luke, and 2-1B from the Medical Frigate in this same section. :)

Lando does basically wear a variation of Han's costume. If I recall, his shirt is a light blue though, not white. Not sure if he has a Corellian Bloodstripe on the leg of his pants either. I'll need to throw the Laserdisc in and check.

Isn't Leia wearing her Bespin hairdo in that scene? I swear that she was. I guess I can check that when I toss in the Laserdisc as well. But yeah, this is one variation of the basic white dress Leia that we still need to have done.

Luke: Medical Robe is a figure who should have been released around the same time as the Bacta Chamber. And having the normal and exposed mechanical hand, means that we can use him for both Hoth Recovery Room and Medical Frigate robed Luke's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
01-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Smuggler Lando is a must. All these darn Luke and han resculpts and only one new Lando since POTJ started. What did lando do that was so bad it got him put on the backburner? Leia I could live without but I suppose the Luke is useful for a Hoth scene. The swappable arm thing is a good idea. Lando should be non gimmicked and have the same sort of articulation as Commtech Han so he'll fit into the Falcon cockpit. Luke I really don't think needs too much articulation. But Lando shoud be articulated to the hilt. And how about a new General lando with the same care and attention and not some gimmick laden excuse for a figure?

Jayspawn
01-18-2003, 10:41 AM
I would love to see these figures! I've wanted a Luke w/ mechanical hand for a long time now. The Leia and Lando are must haves!

Tycho
01-18-2003, 12:22 PM
I'd love to see a General Lando where his over-the-shoulder, on- the-chest-worn holster really holds his removeable blaster! That'd be a great and unique sculpt! Of course he needs to be more articulated and normally posed - sort of like with the attention to detail they're giving the most recent Padme.

However, I support the cloth cape. While he takes his cloak off to fly the Falcon, look what Hasbro did for Bespin Escape Lando! My only criticism of that figure was that it was too scene specific and thus action posed.

And while I see room for 2 new Calrissian figures, I think the Smuggler's Attire needs attention first since it's never been done before. If Hasbro has any plans for a new-and-improved Millennium Falcon, wouldn't that be a great time for the new-and-updated General Calrissian figure to debut? :)

We have enough Han Solos and Chewbaccas to wear out their welcome for a while (not that the Hoth Han doesn't kick butt though!)

Jargo
01-18-2003, 07:22 PM
Oh yeah, make smuggler Lando first. No argument there. Out of all the figures under discussion here that's the one I'd like to see the most. A go anywhere lando not tied to specific environments like the other ones. Tons of playability through articulation and NO GIMMICK!!!! And no stupid action pose either because he needs to fit the Milenium falcon thank you.

Cloth cape on general Lando? I don't know about that, just make his cape removable and sculpted so it looks like scaled down cloth not human scale cloth cut into a small piece. And not bloody sculpted like it's blowing in the wind either. So dynamic sculpting looks nice in the pictures, it looks crap when you try to have the figure stand casually. Looks like they have bad flatulence or something. Lando never wore his cape outdoors and even in the hangar it just hung off his back and didn't flap all over the place.

But smuggler Lando needs to be made. Variety variety variety......

QLD
01-19-2003, 04:20 AM
The more Landos, the BETTER!

TheDarthVader
01-20-2003, 12:51 PM
I would buy all three of these figures if they would ever MAKE them!! The Luke would be the best of the bunch.

sith_killer_99
01-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Lando
Lando
Lando
:Pirate:

Jargo
01-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Sounds like a cultish chant. "Lando lando, Lando lando. Smuggler lando, Smuggler lando. Smuggler smuggler, Smuggler smuggler. Lando Smuggler, Lando Smuggler." *repeat ad nauseum*

All we need do to start the cult of lando is all wear natty little moustaches and blue capes and slacks with a blue silk shirt. hang around at conventions and toy shows and clink little republic credit chips together that we fasten to our thumbs. And hand out red roses to every Woman passing by. The cult of Lando could beat barry white as the ultimate aphrodisiac...... hmmmmmm.

Make Smuggler lando please Hasbro.

QLD
01-20-2003, 02:48 PM
LAAAAAAAAANDO!!!!!!!!!!!

LAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAA-AAAAAANNNNNNDOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lando come, and me go to store and buyyyyyy.....

Rogue II
01-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Lando Calrissian. Home of the original Star Wars lady killin' smile.

Take that Kit Fisto!

Beast
01-20-2003, 04:50 PM
Maybe in Episode III, we'll find out that Kit Fisto is Lando's father. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
01-20-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Maybe in Episode III, we'll find out that Kit Fisto is Lando's father. :D

KIT: Lando, Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
LANDO: Okay, I'm too smooth to get indignant. What happened to him?
KIT: Lando, I am your father. [grins :D]
LANDO: Solid. [grins back :D]

Seriously, Hasbro, Smuggler Lando has been requested for a looooooooong time. Time to put that mack daddy on a card. :)

Kidhuman
01-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Lando is one figure that is underappreciated in my eyes. There is a demand for a new Lando as soon as a new one comes out. I personally haven't seen a New Lando since General Lando in the POTF line.(I could be wrong but haven't seen one in any stores I've been in.) We demand a new Lando and want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jargo
01-25-2003, 05:00 PM
*gasp* you mean you missed soft goods Bespin Lando? Oh my God you missed a treat. Yeah he's scene specific and preposed crap but the detail is so cool and he has a two sided soft goods cape (non removable) and a frickin Imperial blaster! he's the coolest lando ever!!! EVER!!!!. Until the next one that is (unless Hasbro frickin gimmickise him) You need to go seek this Bespin Lando now. If hasbro put as much work into the sculpt as they did with bespin lando redux then smuggler Lando will be the meanest dude in the galaxy!

Jargo
01-25-2003, 05:08 PM
It helps if you remember to add the image you were going to upload....:rolleyes:

Tycho
01-25-2003, 05:38 PM
I have to agree with Emperor Jargo.

This Lando figure is one of the single best figures of all of them.

Do you know why?

Hasbro actually bothered to make a 2 different sided cloth cape, with 2 different materials sewn together for each and every one of these figures!

Not many SW characters would require that effort being put into them - a good Collection 2 Darth Tyranus comes to mind, and in a different sort of way, effort on many soft-goods Padme figures would be very much appreciated. But though Lando is pre-posed, he is absolutely authentic.

And really, if you look at the picture Jargo posted, or your action figure for those of you who have him (he shipped with JarJar Tatooine, R2-Q5, and Tessek - my vote for 2001's best figure) Lando is not that badly pre-posed. In other words, without the gun, could be be positioned to be just casually standing there?

Sort of. You can get away with it. But it's a great likeness of Lando.

Jerjerrod
01-25-2003, 06:09 PM
I can't wait to get it in the mail. I won a POTJ Lando off Ebay, and it should arrive soon. Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :p

InsaneJediGirl
01-25-2003, 10:10 PM
Lando,Lando he's our man,if he can't save Han,no one can!:D :D

Seriously,a nicely articulated Lando with a POTJ face scuplt(rather on the mark,if you ask me).I'd like to see Lando from the end of ESB made before a Lando General rescuplt though.

Kidhuman
01-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
*gasp* you mean you missed soft goods Bespin Lando? Oh my God you missed a treat. Yeah he's scene specific and preposed crap but the detail is so cool and he has a two sided soft goods cape (non removable) and a frickin Imperial blaster! he's the coolest lando ever!!! EVER!!!!. Until the next one that is (unless Hasbro frickin gimmickise him) You need to go seek this Bespin Lando now. If hasbro put as much work into the sculpt as they did with bespin lando redux then smuggler Lando will be the meanest dude in the galaxy!

Dude you are right, that is the sweetest Lando I have ever seen. I kinda like the pose, but it don't really care since I don't open them. I am gonna have to search Ebay for that sweetheart.BTW what line was he from?

Jargo
01-26-2003, 01:55 PM
This Lando is Power of the Jedi. click this link to his page in the SSG database for all the info on wave and product ID.

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=27907

Good luck finding him. He's worth it. :)