PDA

View Full Version : Endor Rebel Soldier Troop Builder Set - LEGIT?

M1-H2
01-17-2003, 09:23 PM
I heard of this 2nd builder set over 3 months ago, and no one seems to carry it except for Brians Toy$$$. On this site, it says that it is a Star Wars Fan Club Exclusive, and when you call the boys @ 1800TRUEFAN, you might as well be asking them for a new Ken or Barbie doll. Anyhow, Hasbro, as well, has no information whatsoever about this set (Lee from Hasbro Consumer Affairs is checking it out for me). Never have I seen anything on SSG's forums about this set either. Brians' $29.99 price is too steep for me to fork out. I want to know who Hasbro distributes this to, and not be price gouged in the process. According to a SWFC employee, we can only get these through a 3RD PARTY, which makes no sense to me. He also said that he thinks that it was originally suppose to be a "SW Fan Club exclusive," but since Paizo Publishing bought out the SW Fan Club, Jawa Trader doesn't really exist anymore except for a two-page spread in the Insider Magazine, therefore IT REALLY ISN'T A SW FAN CLUB EXCLUSIVE, but a 3rd party (mark-up) exclusive. Brians Toys is selling the Endor Soldiers for more than it originally offered the Stormtrooper Builder Sets, probably because he is the only one (seemingly) who is carrying them. It kind of makes me wonder, especially since not even Hasbro knows about this figure if these are actually distributed by Hasbro in their mailer boxes, or if someone is stuffing the carded non-bearded Endor Soldiers into done-up boxes, and making an exclusive profit off it. The only picture I've ever seen of them is in the BT's catalog. I don't know, but after months of no info, it kind of makes me wonder.

Beast
01-17-2003, 09:29 PM
Yes, it's real. When the Fan Club underwent re-organization, all the exclusives had to be shifted to 3rd party retailers. By the way, check out Entertainment Earth for the Troop Builder sets. They are cheaper then Brian's Toys, only $17.99. They also have pre-orders up for the SandTrooper Army Builder, and Rebel Fleet Trooper Army Builder. A CloneTrooper Set is being planned as well. :)

Endor Rebel Soldier Army Builder Set (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS26761)

SandTrooper Army Builder Set (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS26821)

Rebel Fleet Trooper Army Builder Set (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS26816)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

M1-H2
01-17-2003, 09:38 PM
That doesn't make sense. Why would it HAVE to be shifted to 3rd party retailers, and why don't the 1-800-TRUEFANS boys (original SW Fan Club) know about it? I just spoke with them today, and they had absolutely no clue as to how to find them (except for 3rd party). Also, why doesn't Hasbro know anything about this set??? The $29.99 Brians Toys mark-up is definitely a rip-off, but it's cool that EE is charging the same SW Fan Club price of $17.99 - thanks for the tip, JJ.

Beast
01-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Because, the company that wanted the Fan Club, didn't want the merchandise from Hasbro, etc. They wanted to just buy the company, and the stock and any planned exclusives were shifted to other places. Same thing happened with the 12" Plo Koon as well.

Hasbro likely knows of the set, it's just probably filed under somthing else on the computer. The name on EE is Endor Soldier, so they that. I've gotten printouts from Hasbro in the mail in the past, some of their things are under strange names. But regardless, avoid Brian's Toys like the plague, unless your buying vintage or clearance stuff. Their prices on that sort of stuff isn't to bad. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thunderstorm1
01-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Because, the company that wanted the Fan Club, didn't want the merchandise from Hasbro, etc. They wanted to just buy the company, and the stock and any planned exclusives were shifted to other places. Same thing happened with the 12" Plo Koon as well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

So does this mean that the Fan Club will no longer have merchandise for sale? They have had some nice exclusives in the past and the prices were not bad either.

Beast
01-17-2003, 10:34 PM
They probably will, but not as much as they used to. I think the company that bought the Fan Club, just wanted to pay as little as possible for it. So they had all the merchandise that was in stock, cut from the deal. But what nobody seems to know, is if they are actually going to set up new new accounts with companies and carry more merchandise. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

M1-H2
01-17-2003, 11:02 PM
So, that still doesn't tell me why Hasbro doesn't know about this set. I have had several conversations with them, and they seem much more organized then that. I don't buy that whole - "they file things under other names"....... they are not under strange names. Where do you get your info, JJ? Also, from what I understand from the guys at 800truefan, SW Fan Club will not be selling as much merchandise as they used to.

Lewis
01-18-2003, 03:48 AM
I got the Endor Troop set for 10 and to be honest the Stormtrooper (moving joints) is a lot better quality and interesting than the Endor troops (stuck in gunslinger mode), but it does it's job and lets you build the good side up..:p

Rogue II
01-18-2003, 06:19 AM
If you are just looking to pick up some cheap Endor soldiers (both Saga and POTF2) go to yestertoys.com.