PDA

View Full Version : Frailty: the Matthew McConaughey/Bill Paxton film

derek
01-17-2003, 09:44 PM
i rented this dvd recently, and was quite suprised at how good it was. it wasn't a masterpeice, it had a low budget, and some child actors who weren't so great, but overall it was a pretty good movie, in the tradition of hitchcock or m. night shamalayan.

bill paxton directed the film, his first, about a family of serial kilers who may or may not be insane.;) from the advertisements i recall seeing, this was billed as a McConaughey film, but he has a small role in it, and mostly narrates the film. the majority of the film focuses on McConaughey's character as a child and his father's evil deeds.

if this film had a major star and director attached, along with a bigger production and ad budget it would of gotten more attention. but, with that said, it's worth renting.:) way, way better than that piece of crap "reighn of fire", in which McConaughey plays his texas chainsaw character, without the chainsaw. if i ever see McConaughey in texas, i'm gonna get a refund for that one!:happy:

DarthBrandon
01-17-2003, 09:56 PM
This was an excellent film that was directed by and starred Bill Paxton along with Matthew Mc Connehey. For a low budget movie it sure was worth the three or four bucks it cost to rent it. I would put it up there with the Usual Suspects, IMO it really was that good. ;)

James Boba Fettfield
01-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Damn straight, I love this movie. It makes me appreciate Paxton even more as the character of Dad, showing he has truely come a long way since his punk days on The Terminator. I'm glad the film was done on the low budget, and not on a big budget. It didn't need it at all, since the story could be told without special effects. Great movie, anyway. So great that it warranted a spot in my dvd collection.

Exhaust Port
01-18-2003, 09:21 AM
It'll be tough for Paxton to top his performance in Aliens though. Hudson, I love that character. :D

sith_killer_99
01-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Yes, I loved this film. Instant cult status in my book. And yes, it earned a spot in my DVD collection as well.

mrmiller
01-21-2003, 08:09 AM
I too was shocked at how good this move was. Bill Paxton seems to be in a few really good movies that not many people know about. Has anyone seen "A Simple Plan"? That one also supprised me.

=MATT=

Patient Zero
01-23-2003, 02:18 PM
For those who liked this movie you might want to rent "Clean Shaven". It was a realistic film on schizophrania that was not Hollywoodized like a Briliant Mind. But if you can't stand artsyish flims don't bother as there is almost no dialog in the film.

2-1B
09-04-2005, 01:29 AM
I bought it "blind" from the $5.50 bin and finally watched it last week . . . it was cool, I guess. Odd that Powers Boothe's character is intent on catching a serial killer when he himself has such a horrible demon (no pun intended) in his closet.

Rocketboy
09-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Ok, I'm ready to reach through the computer screen and whip each and every one of you that found this movie even remotely entertaining. :whip:

Horrible acting and a horrible story (which was also insanely predictable).

There has been only handful I was mad after seeing a movie because I wasted my time watching it, and Frailty is near the top of that list.

mrmiller
09-07-2005, 08:22 PM
I liked it... I think.... I can't quite remember as it's been 2 and 1/2 years since I've seen it and replied to this thread! :upset:

Who's digging up these old posts anyhow :whip:

That's just spam... uhh like this reply I guess :bandit:

=MATT=

2-1B
09-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Who's digging up these old posts anyhow :whip:

I did. :rolleyes:
And probably because I just watched it for the first time as my dig post said. ;)

Next time I'll start a duplicate thread, m'kay ? ;)