PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader in Episode II trailer

Lord Malakite
11-08-2001, 12:18 AM
I was watching the trailer and noticed something. It appears that Darth Vader is actually in the Trailer.
He appears in last frame of Obi-Wan on Coruscant going after the Bounty Hunter (just before the clone children). It appears on the right side of him on the building. It is really noticable if you can download the large version. If you watch Obi's expression in the whole sequence it looks like he is actually reacting to the image.

GNT
11-08-2001, 12:56 AM
Do you have any pictures of this?

Co Jo-Da
11-08-2001, 01:24 AM
Here's one of the stills of that scene but I don't see what's he talking about. It just looks like a few buildings with speeders in the way.

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/teaser/Wow.jpg

Lord Malakite
11-08-2001, 01:26 AM
No, I don't have a pic. But if you go to www.starwars.com and watch the trailer till you get to the part where Obi is going down the railing and stop it to watch frame by frame, you will see Obi looking directly at it in the final frame just before going to the clone children. On the medium and small versions it is kind of hard to make out, thats why it helps to have the large version.

Co Jo-Da, that pic from theforce.net is too premature. Like I said, its the final frame, buildings to the right of Obi, and Obi's looking directly at it.

Lord Malakite
11-08-2001, 02:03 AM
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/teaser/aotc_34.jpg

Its the frame of Obi just before this pic in the trailer.

evenflow
11-08-2001, 02:39 PM
I dont see it in the picture, but i taped the trailer from when it was on TV, i am goign to check into it.
:stupid:

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-08-2001, 02:49 PM
i see it! it's an outline of him on the building in the background! obi wan is like "who the hell is that?"

master jedi
11-08-2001, 02:54 PM
I have the large version of the trailer and I don't see what you're talking about, Lord_Malakite.

And yes Darth Vader is in the trailer i.e. Anakin Skywalker.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-08-2001, 02:57 PM
come on, go to the medium version...IT IS THERE!

Lord Malakite
11-08-2001, 05:09 PM
Finally, someone else sees it. I sent an e-mail to www.yakface.com and they also saw it. If I knew how theforce.net made those stills from the video I would show you exactly where it is. Hopefully they will have a pic up to show it soon since I e-mailed them about it too. The only thing is I'm not certain if they recieved it since my e-mail was acting kind of funny earlier.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-08-2001, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
The only thing is I'm not certain if they recieved it since my e-mail was acting kind of funny earlier.

I don't think your e-mail is the only thing acting funny around here... :rolleyes:

j.k. :) :) :)

master jedi
11-08-2001, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
If I knew how theforce.net made those stills from the video I would show you exactly where it is.

To do this pause the video in quicktime. Use the left and right arrow keys to scan through the frames. Stop at the frame you want to save. Go to the top of Quicktime and click on edit. Scroll down and click on copy. Then open up a paint program and hit paste or ctrl v. save the image then upload it to the forums.

Magnolia-Fan
11-08-2001, 08:29 PM
I think this is what lord m is referring to.

If you squint and look cross-eyed at the reflection of light on the building in the background, it kind of appears to be a similar shape as Vader's dome.

As for Obi-Wan, he does not appear to be reacting to the light on the building, but looks more like, "I hope that flying car doesn't run into me!"

Lord Malakite
11-08-2001, 08:41 PM
Thats it. I used paint on the image and reposted it. Thanks Magnolia-Fan.

bigbarada
11-08-2001, 08:52 PM
I think it's just a trick of the light.

Lord Malakite
11-08-2001, 10:00 PM
They've just posted a pic that shows it off really well ( even better than the ones posted here) if someone wants to look at it.

bigbarada
11-08-2001, 10:11 PM
I just checked it out on www.yakface.com and it is definitely just a trick of the light. Albeit, maybe an intentional one; but I see this as more of an ET Senator or potato asteroid kind of thing. Nothing that affects the story just a cool little easter egg for the viewers.

Obi-Wan is obviously reacting to something off screen as he is looking out into the distance.

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 12:32 AM
I'm sorry, I don't think this is anything. Here's a screengrab from the large version, I pumped the lighting way up, but did no other alterations. I see where you could think that, but these are lights on a building, that's all.

Co Jo-Da
11-09-2001, 10:17 AM
That's what I said...

Rollo Tomassi
11-09-2001, 10:36 AM
This reminds me of the "vader in the rainy windshield" debate when that one select image came out.

Pretty soon people are going to be spotting Vader helmet everywhere ala the Playboy bunny or Spiders on McFarlane covers. I guess people see what they wanna see.

master jedi
11-09-2001, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I think it's just a trick of the light.

Yeah, I think it a trick of light too. But still, it's pretty neat.