PDA

View Full Version : New Southpark

hamsterboy
11-08-2001, 01:03 AM
Anyone catch this? A little preachy at the end(so what else is new) but the part with Cartman doing Bugs Bunny spoofs was pretty good.

JediTricks
11-08-2001, 02:35 AM
I'm taping it right now!

El Chuxter
11-08-2001, 11:09 AM
That show's been slipping for a long time. I saw the completely unfunny first episode of the "Fourth Grade" season and haven't watched it since. Trey and Matt used up all their jokes in the first two seasons, which are incredibly funny to watch even the forty-second time.

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 12:44 AM
I saw it, I enjoyed it though I have to admit, it was a weak effort in some ways. I thought the Bugs Bunny bit was the only part I didn't really like simply because it went on and on and on, and was so out of character for mr "Festivly Plump". ;)

What's weird is the Wednesday morning news showed a clip from when Stan's mom is on the couch and Stan brings in that package, but the scene they aired was different, with the mom's face stretching upwards reeeeeaaal high when she realized it was a "package from afghanistan!"

GNT
11-09-2001, 01:48 AM
I gave up watching South park when it started to go down hill and just plain stupid,But there were some great episodes in the first few seasons :)

derek
11-09-2001, 07:47 PM
what was up with cartman's voice? was someone else voicing him, or is this their version of puberty?

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 08:53 AM
Cartman's voice has gone through MANY changes since that first Comedy Central ep, "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe", I think Matt & Trey simply took too much time off between doing the last SP and the current one and kinda "forgot" how to do it right. Comedy Central only has them signed to 12 eps a year now, I can't take it!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-10-2001, 04:31 PM
I haven't seen a new South Park episode in like a year and a half but for some reason I ended up watching Wednesday's show. I guess nothing else good was on.

I guess the toilet humor does get a little old. TV is chock full of those shows from the Family Guy to South Park and Jackass to Howard Stern and countless other shows. (Although it was kinda funny what Cartman did on the plane ride). :rolleyes:

Wish they could bring back Get Smart with Don Adams dammit

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2001, 01:46 PM
I really never got into SP, but then I hate Family Guy (sorry, guys) and Beavis & Butt-head, so my opinion doesn't hold much. I happened to catch most of the bin Laden episode, and I found it pretty bad, even for SP standards. Yes, JT, the only saving aspects were the Warner Bros. cartoon motifs.

LTBasker
11-11-2001, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
Wish they could bring back Get Smart with Don Adams dammit

The channel you seek, TVLand is. Show Get Smart they do, had a 48-hour marathon when they first got it, they did. Cool it was.... :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-12-2001, 03:20 PM
Oh, I forgot the part where Cartman admits to the T aliban that the boys aren't Canadian was vintage Cartman.
:happy:

"people will come, if they know there is punch and pie!"

hamsterboy
11-15-2001, 12:48 AM
What about tonight's episode? I will admit,it's alot better than last season.

JediTricks
11-16-2001, 06:40 AM
Wow, from the craziness the Towely-ban episode last week to this week's "butt faces". Yow! I couldn't tell which was sadder, the weak episode or the fact that I actually laughed. ;)

Dark Knight
12-02-2001, 12:47 AM
South park in the new season is alittle weaker, but it still funny as h#ll. It still makes me laugh. You have to love Mrs. ChokeonD!ck.

Hehehehhehheee

:evil: :evil: :evil: