PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett

Gungan Warrior
01-20-2003, 11:32 AM
How many of you SW Fans are glad that Boba Fett isn't DEAD!

The Overlord Returns
01-20-2003, 11:35 AM
What are you talking about? He died in Return of the Jedi.

2-1B
01-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Dead and digested. :)

Fulit
01-20-2003, 11:55 AM
(EU monster runs in) No! He's not dead, he blew up the Sarlaac and was rescused by Dengar and his woman!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Oh lord, here comes Gungan Warrior to lay down another hypothetical question.:rolleyes:

Gungan Warrior
01-20-2003, 12:19 PM
Oh! I see that you have been stretching your vocabulary Mr. JabbaJohnL! Any ways if you read the books you would find a lot of news after the RETURN OF THE JEDI!

The Overlord Returns
01-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Gungan Warrior
Oh! I see that you have been stretching your vocabulary Mr. JabbaJohnL! Any ways if you read the books you would find a lot of news after the RETURN OF THE JEDI!

The books aren't canon. Boba Fett died in Return of the Jedi.

Beast
01-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Yep, Lucas has even said that in his Universe that Boba Fett is dead. I wish that he would have never allowed that charecter to be brought back to life in the EU. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
01-20-2003, 02:19 PM
I believe that Uncle George said that the books, comics, videogames, cards, etc are a "parallel universe" from the official canon. Officially, only the six movies of the saga would be canon, though the two Ewok movies are often considered to be nearly as canonical because they're based on stories by Lucas. And if you want to nitpick, only the latest editions of each film are true canon, which means Greedo shot first, the Max Rebo Band is a huge and annoying mess, and Anakin spun around like a doofus during the podrace.

That doesn't mean the EU stories aren't fun. (Well, except for the Barbara Hambly books.) It's just a huge can of worms as to whether they're the truth or not, since fans are split about 50-50 on that issue.

sith_killer_99
01-20-2003, 03:04 PM
Ah, yes, then there's the Radio Drama.

And the Christmas Special, oh wait, George Lucas denies the existance of any Star Wars Christmas Special, so that's not cannon, thank goodness.

Plus there's the novels which I guess really aren't cannon either since they contain information which is never revealed on screen.

But the DVD's do contain bloopers and out-takes, which do appear on screen so, as such may be considered cannon.

or whatever:crazed:

Beast
01-20-2003, 03:09 PM
Actually, Lucas doesn't consider deleted scenes or outtakes as cannon either. A perfect example would be Obi-Wan's speech to Luke in ROTJ, specifically the info about Owen being Obi-Wan's brother. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
01-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Actually, Lucas doesn't consider deleted scenes or outtakes as cannon either.

So Jango Fett doesn't really dance in the rain on Kamino with a rainbow colored umbrella?

Originally posted by El Chuxter

canonical
Ok, I have to ask. Is that really a word?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Umm, excuse me, Gungan Warrior, but since when is "hypothetical" outside the limit of my vocabulary? Last time I checked, you have way of knowing anything about my vocabulary.

And he is dead, just like his dad.

Beast
01-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Yeah, and people thought Jango died like a punk. His son got smacked in the back by a half blind man, and got ate. Atleast Jango died with some dignity, beheaded by a Jedi Master. Solid. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
01-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yeah, and people thought Jango died like a punk. His son got smacked in the back by a half blind man, and got ate. Atleast Jango died with some dignity, beheaded by a Jedi Master. Solid. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

erm... what can beat getting slowly digested over a thousand years while learning a new definition of pain? :crazed: :D

TheDarthVader
01-20-2003, 09:22 PM
I thought kenobi and owen WERE brothers! :confused: (just kidding!!!!!!!) haha... I thought Boba was ALIVE...ALIVE !!!!!! :confused: (I'm just messin with ya) haha :) :) :)

JediTricks
01-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Ok, I have to ask. Is that really a word? You tell me: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=canonical

Some of you who know me via these SSG forums for a while know that I pick and choose elements I don't like from the prequels as my version of canon. Upon reflection, I now believe that poor Jodo Kast died in the Sarlacc pit while Fett was off spending his bounty. :D

It's either that or Boba Fett is Jar Jar Binks (http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/rumor/update.htm)! ;) :crazed:

2-1B
01-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Some of you who know me via these SSG forums for a while know that I pick and choose elements I don't like from the prequels as my version of canon. Upon reflection, I now believe that poor Jodo Kast died in the Sarlacc pit while Fett was off spending his bounty. :D

That's cool, I do the same.
Wait, not in the sense of Jodo Kost :crazed: because I don't like that angle, but I like a few of the deleted scenes so they're "in" in my book. :D

stillakid
01-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
erm... what can beat getting slowly digested over a thousand years while learning a new definition of pain? :crazed: :D

Having to listen to an album of Ruth Buzzy's renditions of Christmas hits. :) After all, it's not like you're alive for a thousand years feeling the pain. But that album will stick with you til the end of time.

For the time being, I too am reduced to mentally editing the Prequels in order to watch them. Despite everyone else's valiant attempts to convince me otherwise :D , I need to wait for Episode III to confirm or deny my accusations of inconsistency and otherwise crappy writing.

But as far as Boba Fett's death goes, I think that his death scene would have played better if he had gone down shooting. We can't really get away from Han accidently launching him off into the sky, but if Boba's girly scream got edited out and he tried (in vain) to shoot something on his uncontrolled spiral into the pit (heck, Lucas made Greedo fire some shots as an afterthought, why not Fett?), then at least it wouldn't have seemed so darn easy to off him. We were led to believe in ESB that he was a ruthless, cunning, and damn near invincible bounty hunter that exists on the fringes of civilized society. If ROTJ kinda dampened that idea, then the Prequels have out and out killed the notion of the "Fett personae" being as badass as we were supposed to believe. I'm starting to think it's the helmet. Just how well can they see through that thing? :D

The Overlord Returns
01-23-2003, 03:17 PM
See, I never got that impression from ESB that Fett was some Uber Hunter. He was just the guy that found them. He did nothing particularly cool in ESB. It was only the fans, and the EU material that followed the OT that lauded him as this cool ultimate bounty hunter.

Also, it was the mask. Chicks dig the mask.

Beast
01-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Yep, it's not because he did anything really cool. Hell, he stands around in ESB, that's about it. It's just like Aurra Sing's popularity. Show people a mysterious charecter that is a bounty hunter and they become fanatics over them. Not to mention the mask and armor makes him intresting.

Wonder how come nobody ever became Dengar maniacs. Hell, even Bossk, IG-88, 4-Lom, and Zuckess have their rabid fans. In the end, who knows why people like him so much. Makes you feel kinda bad for poor Dengar. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
01-23-2003, 03:38 PM
I loved Dengar when I was a wee lad. 'Course, back then, I called him diaperhead.....

To me, Zuckuss has always been far cooler than Boba Fett. I still think the Zuckuss action figure stands as one of the best in the line.

SQueek
01-30-2003, 09:08 PM
question to all you dengar fans, there is some scene where vader talked to dengar. look at the dengar figure there is a pic of them talking that is no where in the movie.

what were they saying?

El Chuxter
01-30-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it's an alternate take of the "no disintegrations" line, since the positioning of Vader and Dengar is almost identical to that of Vader and Boba in the finished movies. There's a lot of cool still shots from scenes that never made it in the movies. I think my favorite's got to be a scene in Jabba's palace where Bossk is standing there looking evil, flanked by two Nikto guards. Or the shot of Luke on Hoth manning some kind of enormous cannon. (Now that would make a sweet mini-rig, Hasbro! :))

12inch Lando
01-31-2003, 02:59 PM
The one scene that I know was shot (there are stills of it in the action figure archive book) that I'd have really liked to see was from ROTJ during the battle of Endor. Rebel soldiers manned the Falcons gun turrets and those scenes were shot ala Luke and Han in ANH. I always thought that the Falcon would be a tough little battle platform if crewed properly, which is what they tried to show at Endor. You remember that there were 4 people in the cockpit who were all quite busy during the battle.

Rogue II
01-31-2003, 03:15 PM
I found this: http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/cut_scenes/ep5/

It has a little bit about cut scenes.

Gungan Warrior
01-31-2003, 06:04 PM
This is what happens. When the Ion Cannon was used Dengar happent to be on his way to Hoth to find Han Solo. Unknowingly the cannon was used. Dengar happen to be in the mist off it and was caught up. He was taken in by the empire and was sentences to death because he disobeyed the Emporor. Darth Vader saw how willingly he was to get his hand own Han, he let Dengar go to searcg for Han. If he didn't find him it would be his death. And he is seen amongst the other bounty hunters.

derek
02-14-2003, 08:05 PM
since uncle george has announced for sure that the OT will not be re-released, i've been hoping that some things will be fixed with new CGI enhancements before the OT is released on DVD:

1. a new jabba for episode 4
2. re-do the scene where the AT-AT crushes lukes speeder
3. insert an all CGI rancor
4. all new light-saber effects to match the prequil trilogy

...but one thing i'd really like to see is a whole new re-make of boba fett's death. instead of having boba fly into the side of jabba's sail barge and tumble into the sarlac pit, i'd like to see this:

after boba rams into the side of the sail barge, he climbs up onto the deck. with his rifle already rendered useless, he picks up the blaster pistol of a fallen skiff guard and fires at luke, who is busy killing jabba's henchmen on the sail barge. instead of having a generic guard shoot luke's hand, i'd digitally insert boba fett there. luke would then rush boba, while he's blasting away, and have his head lopped off, just like dear 'ol dad.

......OK, all you OT lovers, let me have it.............:crazed:

Beast
02-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Derek, don't forget the replacement of the O.L.M.E.E. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
02-14-2003, 08:15 PM
...........oh yea, and put the "real" emperor in "empire":crazed: