PDA

View Full Version : New Trooper costumes for EIII?

sith_killer_99
01-20-2003, 03:05 PM
I was just wondering who here would like to see new Trooper costumes for EIII?

If so, what would you change? Get rid of those helmet fins? Loose the T visor? Completly change them into Stormtrooper outfits?

I personally do not want to see them change the Trooper outfits.

Why?

Because I'm having a hard enough time with building my armies of Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Snowtroopers and Scout Troopers.

However, with that said, and considering that the spoiler mill is already saying that GL will have us going back to Tatooine for EIII we may well see a new spin on the old theme. Clone Sandtrooper? Howabout Clone Lavatrooper?:eek:

:Pirate:

Beast
01-20-2003, 03:12 PM
SK99, there is only a small shot that takes place in E3 on Tatooine. That's why it was filmed in Tunisia during E2 filming. George didn't want to have to take a crew and fly to Tunisia, just for one minor shot. So they just filmed it while they were there for E2. Smart thinking from Lucas.

Supposedly it was Obi-Wan delivering the infant Luke Skywalker to Owen and Beru. I believe a picture even appeared in the Insider of Ewen from the filming of that scene. I don't recall what issue, but I am pretty sure that that info is likely correct. :)

As for there being a different CloneTrooper armor in E3, I doubt it. There is 18 years between the end of E3 and the start of E4. I don't expect them to change to the lighter and less restrictive StormTrooper armor, until after the Clone Wars is over. When the CloneTrooper/StormTroopers become more of a police force, then an army.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
01-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the info, I don't follow the spoiler stuff too close, though I don't exactly avoid it either.

BTW, you failed to mention my Clone Lavatrooper idea.;) :crazed:

Beast
01-20-2003, 04:04 PM
I don't know about LavaTroopers. But SpaceTroopers would be cool to see. I also always wanted to see ScubaTroopers, but that is sounding way to G.I. Joeish. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
01-20-2003, 04:23 PM
hehehe

ScubaTroopers!;)

Fulit
01-20-2003, 07:13 PM
So the lavatrooper would have lava-proof armor, I'm assuming?
Then we won't get treated to the tortured screams of clonetroopers as they get lava splashed on them, or plummet into a lava pool.

I don't know, lavaproof armor might look pretty cool, but I wouldn't call them "lavatroopers." Reminds me of that soap.

sith_killer_99
01-20-2003, 11:11 PM
Howabout:

Geo Trooper (too Green Peace)
Molten Trooper (too Canadian Beer)

? :confused:

Any ideas?

mini-rock
01-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Swamptroopers.:D

bobafrett
01-23-2003, 12:36 AM
If you think Stormtrooper armor is less constrictive than Clonetrooper armor, then you haven't worn the Stormtrooper armor. I've heard that the Clonetrooper armor is much easier to manuver in.

Beast
01-23-2003, 12:49 AM
Not according to the official info on the armor. The CloneTrooper armor is heavier and more restrictive to move in, due to the fact it has less non-armored sections and holds up to weapon fire better.

The E2 Visual Companion states this, and also states that lighter and less restrictive armor was being developed. But that it would likely not protect as well. That's why the CloneTrooper armor works better then the StormTrooper armor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fulit
01-23-2003, 12:55 AM
That must be why my Clonetrooper figure wont stand up straight, he's not in an "action pose", he's bent under the weight of that armor.;)

bobafrett
01-23-2003, 01:24 AM
Well, the clonetroopers were all done in CG, where as the Stormtroopers for the most part were real people wearing the armor. The way the clonetroopers moved about in EPII, it looks like they aren't restricted in the movement at all. The Stormtroopers in ANH look like they can barely see or shoot straight. I have a set of Stormtrooper armor, and it is hard to move around in, and see out of, but that maybe because I'm only 5' 9".

Beast
01-23-2003, 01:34 AM
Yeah, they were done by CGI. Where as the Stormies from the OT were costumes actors. But if you look back at the OT, you can see Stormies actually running and jumping while wearing the armor.

The CloneTroopers move more restrictivly, due to the armor and how it fits together. Just watch them in combat in AOTC's on the Geonosian battlefield. A lot more stiff, due to the armor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
01-23-2003, 01:47 AM
I'll have to review the action sequences between the two different trooper armor types.