PDA

View Full Version : Nine movies issue solved!

sith_killer_99
01-20-2003, 03:09 PM
I have done it!

I have finally solved the mystery of "The Nine Star Wars Movies"

A New Hope
The Empire Stikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Episode III

The 2 Ewok movies
The Christmas Special

That's 9 movies!

So there you have it!:D

:Pirate:

Beast
01-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Good work. To bad that Lucasfilm already said that George Lucas was misquoted about the "nine movies" comments by Fox News. This was posted on TheForce.Net a few days ago. :)

EXCLUSIVE: LFL Clarifies Fox Interview with George Lucas
Wed, Jan 15, 03 01:30:10 PM EST

We posted yesterday about an interview by Fox News with George Lucas (see Holonet article). In the interview many sharp eyed Star Wars fans noted this statement:

"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book."

We contacted LucasFilm for a comment and a LucasFilm Spokesperson had this to say:

"As many fans are already aware of, there are going to be just 6 movies. Unfortunately, George was misquoted in the interview about number of movies in the Star Wars series. Currently LucasFilm is in preproduction for Episode 3, the last Star Wars movie."

Well folks, there you have it. It was fun to speculate about the possible change in story arc, but it looks like 6 is all we are going to get from George.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
01-20-2003, 03:35 PM
Ok, smartguy, now that you figured that out, name the 12 days of Christmas.:D

Pendo
01-20-2003, 03:38 PM
That isn't the first time George has been "misquoted" saying there are nine movies. There have been several times when George has said "nine" movies, then after realising his mistake it was either a slip of the tongue or a miss quote :rolleyes:. if I didn't know any better, I'd say 9 were still on George's head :p!

And SK99, if the Holiday Special is classed as one of the movies, then PLEASE shoot me now :crazed:!!!

PENDO!

Beast
01-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Well, he did say once that he was gonna take another 20 years off from the Star Wars universe after E3. And that then he would decide, if he had more story to tell. Maybe in 2025 he'll release Episode VII after all. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
01-20-2003, 03:47 PM
I think that he slipped up.

And now they are doing damage control.

What he wants is for us to forget he buried the SW franchise, buy 10 versions of the OT and Prequels, thinking they are the last, ultimate editions......

However, in about 8-10 years, he'll surprise us by releasing 3 more movies. By this time, Hamil and gang will be old enough to play grandfathers or whatever silly idea he may come up with.

El Chuxter
01-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Star Wars: Episode VII: Get Off My Lawn, Ya Dadburnt Whippersnappers
Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Turn Signal Is Still On
Star Wars: Episode IX: I've Fallen, And I Can't Get Up

Jargo
01-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Star Wars: Episode VII: A new catheter
Star Wars: Episode VIII: The fogey's bad back
Star Wars: Episode IX: Relapse of the prolapse

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Umm . . . how long does Lucas plan on living?:crazed:

stillakid
01-20-2003, 05:45 PM
The news was that he was "misquoted," not that he said it and is now denying it. But that's what the "report" says. As far as I know (and I could be wrong), we still haven't seen the original tape or transcript of the interview in question. Was he "misquoted," "misinterpreted," or just denying (lying)?

Kidhuman
01-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
Umm . . . how long does Lucas plan on living?:crazed:

Look as good as him at 800 years old

Eternal Padawan
01-22-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I think that he slipped up.

And now they are doing damage control.

What he wants is for us to forget he buried the SW franchise, buy 10 versions of the OT and Prequels, thinking they are the last, ultimate editions......

However, in about 8-10 years, he'll surprise us by releasing 3 more movies. By this time, Hamil and gang will be old enough to play grandfathers or whatever silly idea he may come up with.

QLD hit the nail on the head. This is all a ruse and Georgie has three more episodes all prepped and ready to go, 10-15 years down the road.

He'll need all the major players (Ford, Fisher, Hamill, etc) to come in for half an hour and lay down the "tonal quality" of their voices, different phonetic combinations and pitches, etc. After that, three guys on a laptop in Lucas' basement will be able to crank out the three movies digitally in about two weeks. BANG! Hundreds of millions more in the bank from Star Wars geeks in their 50's who want to witness watered down magic one last time... : )

Exhaust Port
01-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Episode VII: I'm running out of money.
Episode VIII: Watch this and I promise to include a Fett relative.
Episode IX: So long suckers.

jjreason
01-22-2003, 01:00 PM
I can't see it being worthwhile unless they branched off to completely new characters fighting a new war in the same universe. It's hard for me to imagine a strory in the established Star Wars timeline worth telling in 3 major films as far as Im concerned. Blasphemy? Maybe - or maybe I just want the end of the toy line so that I can go back to buying my comics like the early 90's. In for a penny, in for a pound so to speak, but it's been way too much to keep up with over the past year. Here's to hoping they go out with a collector focused bang after epIII.

Beast
01-22-2003, 01:16 PM
Mark Hammil said in an interview once, that he and George talked about the possible 7th, 8th, and 9th movies. Lucas told him that it would pick up around 20 years after the end of RotJ, and that Luke would likely be the only OT charecter to appear other then possibly C-3PO and R2-D2. Luke would become like more of a Obi-Wan Kenobi type charecter. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
01-22-2003, 01:39 PM
That may have been interesting, but I don't think they should make any more movies after Episode 3.

I would be interested to see GL's outline and notes of all the films.