PDA

View Full Version : Trooper sets questions

Emperor Howdy
01-20-2003, 11:28 PM
Ok. I'm pretty good about keeping up with the latest news.....

Well, I'm no JarJarBinks mind you, but hey.....:p

Aaaaanyway....moving along.....

I'm a little confused. First the Stormtrooper Troop Builder set. Cool. Bought it. Got it. Weeee!

Then the Endor Troop Builder set. Cool. Would buy it, but it seems only web-stores have it for now. Fine.

But then I hear EE has Sandtrooper and Rebel Blockade Trooper Troop Troopidy Troops Troopisimo Trooperama Tro........(err....sorry....I get distracted easily......moving along...) So, I go to EE and sure enough, there they are.

SO, my questions are:

When did these come about (or were officially announced)......*referring to the Sand./Rebel Block. sets?

Has the Fan Club cancelled the Endor set, and you can only get them from online dealers?

Are the Sandtrooper and Rebel Block. sets official "real" Hasbro releases, or some lame concoction by EE or whoever, throwing four of the same (or slightly different) figs. in a mailer box? In other words, are these Hasbro sets or bootleg?

jjreason
01-20-2003, 11:43 PM
The Sandrooper set consists of repainted POTJ Tatooine Stormtroopers, with different coloured shoulder plates. Im buying that. I haven't seen the Blockade Troopers, but I figure Ill buy them too. The Endor Soldiers have been showing up on ebay for awhile, but don't seem to be any different from the bloody POTF2 ones - paint and everything! I already have tons of those, so I think I'll hold off.

If anyone knows different, let us both know....

Banthaholic
01-20-2003, 11:56 PM
These sets all appear to be legit.
The Endor Troop builder mch like 12" Plo Koon got lost in the shuffle with the fan club switching ownership. I was hesitant to buy at first but finally broke down and did.

Beast
01-21-2003, 12:02 AM
There's a CloneTrooper set planned for later this year as well. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17153

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Emperor Howdy
01-21-2003, 12:53 AM
I see. Thanks everyone. :) Thanks for the link, JarJar :)

NOW PULL YOUR PANTS DOWN!! :mad:

wooooo!

JEDIpartner
01-21-2003, 08:54 AM
I just saw pics of the Sandtrooper set and they were the POTF2 sandtroopers. What's the story behind that little switch up????

sith_killer_99
01-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Huh?

Here's what I've seen:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS26821

These are definatly POTJ Sandtroopers.

badtaste
01-21-2003, 02:34 PM
They have a pic of it at Brian toys and they look like re-painted potf-2 sandtroopers (?)

http://www.brianstoys.com/acatalog/Saga_EX_Sandtrooper-4pack-BuilderSet-4.jpg

Beast
01-21-2003, 03:56 PM
It's Brian's Toys, nuff said. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

badtaste
01-21-2003, 04:02 PM
oh well, I'm sorry I mean Brain's Toy's or eeeh I mean Brian's toy's, However, the question remains, wich one are the going to produce...

LTBasker
01-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by badtaste
They have a pic of it at Brian toys and they look like re-painted potf-2 sandtroopers (?)

http://www.brianstoys.com/acatalog/Saga_EX_Sandtrooper-4pack-BuilderSet-4.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! ROTFLMAO! Sorry, not laughing at you, but rather at them.

Their picture isn't even worthy of being called a Photoshop job. All they did was Clone the original image four times, and then use paint to fill in the pauldrons. You can tell by the lack of depth and the edgeness of the pauldron coloring. So that means so far the POTJ Sandtroopers are more likely to be an official image, the BriansToys picture is just a custom one.

Look, they couldn't even cut-out the black area between the right arm and the torso, whereas if those figures were trully taken together, the areas under their arms would be hollow. Heck, you could even hollow them out in photoshop and just put the next layer over each other. That's gotta be one of the most pathetic pictures I have ever seen done, it's sad that this has created such a buzz over the 4-pack. So until more real pictures are released, I'd go with EE's pic to be official.

Beast
01-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Exactly, that's why I said it was Brian's Toys. The picture of the actual set belongs to Galactic Hunter, and they allowed EE to use it. So while Brian's Toys may have the set up for pre-order, they don't have permission to use the pictures. :)

Brian's Toys is always pretty shady on their stuff. Weren't they also the ones that sold the custom CloneTrooper sets from Japan as Hasbro Japan Exclusives? Shady shady dealings. Avoid them unless your buying vintage or clerance items. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

icatch9
01-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Yea BT isn't the best and they don't mind cashing in on collectors who can't hold thier wad.

Bad enough that those are re-painted POTF figs, they are repainted POTF Dewback figs. I bet you can still find that Beast Pack at some TRU's for $5.00. That's cheaper than the set cost there probally, plus you'll get a herd of Dewback to go with them.

I don't know anything, but my guess is that all of these sets will come out to the fan club soon enough. It just changed hands (again:frus: ) and they are probally still trying to figure stuff out. The Stormie set must of been a success, so they are going to make more. Besides the $17.99 price tag is pretty good for all of these. The club isn't going to be any cheaper (unless you buy 25 or so like with the Stormies). I hope eveyone buys all these so they'll keep makeing them. I can't wait for the X Wing Pilot troop builer set :D :D:D:D:D:

jjreason
01-21-2003, 05:48 PM
Ill take an Ewok "herd" builder set to finish off the remakes of the vintage ewoks, any pilot squadron builders (like Jargo's cool mocked up ones in the "Dear Hasbro" forum :cool: ), technicians, Imperial officers/lackeys, you name it. Builder sets rock.

Jargo
01-21-2003, 05:49 PM
Well having to rely on web stores to get a lot of stuff that's US exclusive i got the endor set and I'm debating now about getting the stormtrooper set. I have thirty commtech stormies and ten of the build your own ones. Do I need any more, can i justify buying more to my partner? I'm not sure but i could have sworn i also saw rumors of a biker scout set as well. Might as well say all troopers will end up as a four pack then. I'll only buy the sandtroopers if they don't have the poopy stains on them. The RFT is tempting as i only managed to get three of those. But then again he's got that permanent two handed grip pose that looks stupid if you pose him arms at ease. But it is a good figure, but then the head variant is coming out so....

Life is full of impossible to make decisions - to buy or not to buy, that is the question.

sith_killer_99
01-22-2003, 04:28 AM
Well, it's EE's exclusive and they do state on their website that these are the POTJ version of the Sandtrooper, so I will have to go with that.
;)

(Brian's...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha):D

jjreason
01-22-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
i got the endor set... -

Jargo, are these soldiers ANY different from the POTF2 ones? Paint? Guns? Faces? Goatees?:rolleyes:

Thanks for any input....

Lewis
01-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Im really looking forward to the Clone troopers, Sandtrooper, Rebel blockade builder sets, but I would like to see Rebel pilots and astro droids sets...are you listening Hasbro? :p