PDA

View Full Version : Do you Agree?

CloneTrooperMace
01-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Hey there

Do you agree with on this?I think sirsteve should let us put a small banner in are sig.What Going to if happen if he let's us?

If you care or know please let me know.

Thanks
-Joey Johnson

QLD
01-21-2003, 08:20 PM
No, I don't agree.

Those banners are way too big, and clutter up forums, and look stupid.

Our current avatar system is more than adequate.

BTW, this should be in the Comments/Suggestions area.

Beast
01-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Dear god no. I hate those picture banners in peoples signatures on message boards. It always looks so cheap, like an advertisment for somthing. And usually that's what people use it for. Not to mention then your talking more loading time for pages, because we have to wait for all the images to load. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CloneTrooperMace
01-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Hmmm, thank for your comments

Anakin2121
01-21-2003, 08:43 PM
I can't stand banners either. It's probably really bad for people with dial-up connections or possibly weak video cards, as banners would significantly increase the load time for a thread page.

Beast
01-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Heck, I've noticed an increase load time just for the darn smilies bar next to the quick reply. I used to like the quick reply box, but once the smilies bar was added next to it, I find it's faster to actually hit reply. Instead of waiting for the smilies to load, so that I can scroll down to the quick reply box. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
01-21-2003, 09:35 PM
banners are like a bad penny, they always turn up :crazed:

SirSteve
01-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Not going to happen... Signatures will soon be limited to text and lines.

darthvyn
01-21-2003, 10:33 PM
really? why? i enjoy the color and formatting and stuff. that's unfortunate.

Beast
01-21-2003, 10:51 PM
Yeah, while I can understand why. Due to some people that have giant lists in their signatures. Not going to name names, but it can be a problem, however small.

I'm sure some of us recall all the trouble we had with Geonosian's signature. But the color and formatting helps alot. Especially for people like myself, who format it to the smallest type, so it's not annoying. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
01-22-2003, 11:10 AM
The only thing I how would change with Signatures is the allowed number of lines. Some people have way too much thrown in there requiring us to scoll down, down, down and down some more just to get to the next post.

I like the color feature in the signature lines.

Darth Trymybestus
01-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yeah, while I can understand why. Due to some people that have giant lists in their signatures. Not going to name names, but it can be a problem, however small.

I've now cut my list in half, it was tougher listing my top 5 SAGA figures though.:eek:

Beast
01-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Actually Darth T, you weren't one of the ones that I was speaking of. Even with the 10 you listed, it was nowhere near as long as some peoples. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
01-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Really???? Wow, I thought I had the dubious distinction of having SSG's biggest signature :D :) I mucho prefer a smaller sig anyways, it makes my smaller posts look better methinks :)
I know this is off topic but do you agree with my Top 5 JJB? Sadly I couldn't squeeze Palpatine in there. :( :)

QLD
01-22-2003, 01:31 PM
You could also try changing the font in your singature as well, to make it smaller. In fact, I find that signatures that are smaller, and in bold, are easier to read for some odd reason.

Darth Trymybestus
01-22-2003, 01:40 PM
I tried doing that but it said something like HTML isn't allowed in my signature, ah well, I'll have another go at it soon :)

Yay, it worked! :crazed: :) Mucho improvement??