PDA

View Full Version : More Target Exclusives.

Jangu Fett
01-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Hey guys and girls, I don't know if this is new info or not. But, all of these AF sets, will only be available at Target stores.

Desert Skiff with Jabba
Cloud Car with Pilot
Gian Speeder with Captain Panaka
Hoth Encounter
Arena Battle
Droid Fighters

Sorry if it old news. I just found out.

Does anyone know what the Arena Battle and Droid Fighters set are made of? I can guess at the Hoth Encounter.

Hawkwind
01-22-2003, 05:41 AM
I cant remember seeing this info before , when will they be released?

Hawkwind
01-22-2003, 07:20 AM
Actually .... im sure i saw some photo's of those ships ,cloud car speeder , at rebelscum or here ??..anyways the ships had 1 figure so at least the rehashed new ships will have a figure :-)!!!
I cant see that the droid fighter will be anything but battle droids (hopefully!!!!) and the arena battle may have jedi and clon pilots for the gunship perhaps ?????

Banthaholic
01-22-2003, 12:54 PM
The previous Saga AF Target exclusives were easy to find, so yeah!!!

neonblade
01-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Yeah i can't wait to see the arena one

Jangu Fett
01-22-2003, 08:49 PM
I also remember seeing pics, for the Cloud Car, Skiff, and Gian Speeder.

Sorry, the list they were posted on didn't have a release date next to them:( . I would guess the first, or second quarter of the year.

sicqnus
01-22-2003, 09:46 PM
The list and pics have been posted a few months ago at TPU UK.
Hope we will see the cool Probe drod that Glitch talked about in a previous post... Some Tauntauns and a Wampa would be cool...:rolleyes: Time will tell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I must say that this week I've seen some of my young neighbours (early twenties') in a sort of trance when seeing my Action Fleet collection... I heard : "Hey ! These are the Galactic Battlegrounds ships and vehicles, so cool !!!".
Of course I had to kick all those hairy Jawas out of my home before they begin to dismantle everything... :evil:
Mmmmh, finally, I think I will have to order the next waves by the cases. :happy:

SWAFMAN
01-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Not Exclusive, but seen last night at Target....

2 solar sailers & a Saga naboo fighter.

ArtAsylum Trek figures & a big Enterprise from the new movie (I think it's called NX-1701 ??).

This was my first time seeing the ArtAsylum figures or ship, and I think they're great. I'd really like to get one of those Enterprise ships, and $20 is probably fair based on what we pay for the smaller AFs. For once, I didn't act impulsively (no Enterprise engine-pun intended ;) ) and snag one at first sight.

They also had some trek figures in block-shape form, that look like Lego people. I'm sure this is all boring, old news to most of you. But it's the first time I've seen these things out here in the boondocks.

britcit3
01-25-2003, 11:31 AM
Hey SWAF

Buy the NX-01 - I paid 35 & postage for mine (about $50), but I would have gladly paid double - it is FANTASTIC - the detail is superb.

I also bought the mrs the AA Nemesis Picard (she loves Patrick Stewart) - the detail on these new ST figs is amazing.

Great work from AA.

Cheers

BC3

P.S. The Mini-mates (Lego People) - nice, but I can live without those.

Hawkwind
01-25-2003, 03:10 PM
are the art asylum ship's like action fleet /strikeforce????

shinakuma43
01-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Hmm, Action fleet shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as that inferior line : )

Later,
S43

Hawkwind
01-25-2003, 05:08 PM
are strike force not as good as af??? the last couple of day's ive been thinking about getting some star trek capital ships innerspace off ebay ,they dont look to bad although ive never bought any strike force or innerspace before , coz i need some ships to face off against the blockade runner and there are no imperial capital ships af :-(

shinakuma43
01-25-2003, 06:14 PM
In my opinion the Strike Force ships are junk and the Innerspace are even worse. You couldn't pay me to display any of them with my AFs. hope that helps.

Later,
S43

shinakuma43
01-25-2003, 06:19 PM
You might be able to use the Collector Fleet Star Destroyer, but it is still way too small to be in scale with the AF RBR. It's about 15 inches, or so, long. At least it is an Imperial ship you could use even though the MM RBR would be closer to the correct scale the the CF Star Destroyer.

Strike Force ships might come in handy if you have a junk yard in your display. You could take a hammer and smash them to pieces and they'll fit right in. They'll probably look better that way too :)

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
01-25-2003, 10:21 PM
...the art asylum enterprise I mentioned above is quite a bit larger than any AF. Just from memory, I'd say it was maybe about 1 foot long. Nice paint. I didn't have it out of its box, but it looked nicely made.

some recent comments on strike force... (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16919&highlight=strike+force)

you can also search the mm forum for "strike force" to find more unpleasantries...

Hawkwind
01-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Thankyou for the guy's..

i bought the shuttlecraft goddard and uss excelcia from ebay but i decided i would not by the playsets and instead spend it on some more af .

JediTricks
01-26-2003, 07:06 PM
The ArtAsylum NX-01 is from the new show "Enterprise" and it's fantastic, ridiculously accurate, and very much worth the 20 bucks. Thankfully, AA is now putting out the NCC-1701-A, pics are up on figures.com and elsewhere and look fantastic, I'm literally itching to get this piece.

Playmates Strikeforce line is an abomination, not worth getting for the interiors OR for a larger starship piece, they're that bad IMO.

SWAFMAN
01-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
...AA is now putting out the NCC-1701-A, pics are up on figures.com and elsewhere and look fantastic, I'm literally itching to get this piece.

wow!!! (http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000043)

(BTW, this same link was also posted a while ago by BritCit)

sicqnus
01-27-2003, 03:32 AM
We've been waiting for a long time to see the Enterprise-A wich Playmates didn't produced.
The Prototype is beautiful

If we are lucky, we will see the unpainted prototypes of 2 future StarTrek ships at ToyFair in NY :
USS Reliant (13" long).
NCC 1701-E Nemesis Enterprise (16" or more - I hope).
1701 "classic" Enterprise (15").

I hope AA will make what was originally planed, a few ennemies ships. Sales will tell.
Fortunately, the Nx-01 sells wery well and they had to ask the factory for more units.
A "battle damaged" version has been made as an exclusive to the online store "wwww.actionfigurexpress.com"
Not really interesting to me (just a few airbrushed marks) but if you are a hardcore collector...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------:evil:

sicqnus
01-27-2003, 03:36 AM
The packaging reminds me the Playmates boxes. Full of colors and graphics : overcharged !
It looks very cool.

Hawkwind
01-27-2003, 04:24 AM
The art asylam ship looks pretty cool .....
on the uk ebay theve got a huge innerspace enterprise set with the bridge and diffrent room's on ...thats exactly what ive been looking for and i was shocked to see it on uk eaby!!!

good shot jansen
01-27-2003, 08:27 PM
after not seeing them since late november, the targets near me in hollywood florida had a bunch of aa nx-01's. still for around $20.00.

almost thought about buying one, but i'm not really wanting to start collecting another size line

JediTricks
01-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Ah, Innerspace is very different from Strikeforce.

Those are 2 of the pics I saw on figs.com, they had more angles of each and I about died in love with that Ent-A (though technically, there's no '-A' on the registry numbers :D).

GSJ, if you are thinking about getting into this line even a little, I strongly suggest you do. Not only will every purchase strengthen the line's future with AA, but it's a fantastic ship and a great price and since they're not coming out with dozens of ships at once, you won't get strapped for cash. This ship has way more detail than the old Playmates ships, a great paint job, nice electronic lights and sounds, and an innovative stand.

Jangu Fett
01-27-2003, 09:18 PM
We might see AA do a AF and MM type of line. There is a lot of talk going on, over on AA forums. I know, it's only talk. But, the moderators at AA just say "We can not comment, on what we are working on." It seems AA listens to their fans. To bad, I can't say the same for Hasbro.