PDA

View Full Version : 12" Leia Speederbike

mini-rock
01-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Well, according to TPU this (http://www.theprivateuniverse.btinternet.co.uk/endorspeederbikeleia.gif) might be Leia that we are getting with the speederbike come April. She's not fully dressed, and I can't make out the face all that well, but this will keep me content till I get the real thing.:D

Beast
01-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Looks pretty good, Mini-Rock. Of course it's just being solicited from Diamond Comics in the UK for April. I'm betting it won't actually show up there or here until Fall, like pretty much all the exclusives typically do.

I'll attach a picture here, for those of you that want to look at it here and discuss it in the same place. Instead of linking externally. We know how sometimes Hasbro makes sites pull pictures down, so it's for the best. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
01-21-2003, 08:38 PM
HOLY FREAKING MOLY!!!

this leia prototype has GI Jane arms!!! has all our complaining finally paid off? could this be the end of barbie bodies in the female 12 inch line?:eek:

mini-rock
01-21-2003, 08:46 PM
Maybe. Or maybe Hasbro needed her to be able to move/pose to be able to ride the speederbike.

derek
01-21-2003, 10:45 PM
knowing hasbro they could just mold her barbie arms in a one pose position so they could grip the speederbike handlebars.

that boot in the photo looks huge. and i sure hope they use a smaller helmet. if they use the same one they used for luke, we've got a problem. it was way to big for luke and will be way to big for leia.

if they make a new, smaller helmet, i may get two of these. one to display on the bike, and one to give leia's smaller helmet to luke and display leia in her "general" or whatever she was outfit.:)

LTBasker
01-22-2003, 02:07 AM
Target exclusive or someone else? Target.com still has the Luke with bike still in stock. :p How about a rerelease of the Scout Trooper instead? :D

Beast
01-22-2003, 02:21 AM
Yeah, it's a Target Exclusive again here in the states. Target has a lock on the SpeederBike stuff. There is a rumor there will be a non-exclusive release of the Biker Scout, but he won't come with the bike. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
01-22-2003, 04:04 AM
I guess all we need now is Ewok with Speederbike and were good.:p

Exhaust Port
01-22-2003, 09:32 AM
A loose biker scout would be awesome! I wouldn't mind a little army of those on the shelf.

bobafett07728
01-22-2003, 10:44 AM
This is good news. I had began to think that this was another one of those Hasbro myths, and the figure was never going to be done. I can't wait to get one. I didn't have a problem getting the first two at Target, so I don't fear I will have to hunt for this either. I do agree with Derek, though. . . make the helmet smaller. It should be snug, not loose like Luke's was. Anyway. . . bring it on. . . woo HOO!

Oh. . . mini-rock. . . you were probobly joking about the whole Ewok thing. . . but why not? If they were going to they could make it with Paploo riding the bike (he was the one to steal the speeder right?), and even pack in a second Ewok. . . perhaps Warok? That way they could actually justify still charging $49.99 for it, and we could get two Ewoks at once. Just a thought.

mini-rock
01-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Good idea. I could go for another speederbike. 2 instead of one Ewoks would be good, but wouldn't want another Wicket.

Honestly though I doubt that will ever happen, but it's still fun to think about.:D

phil
01-30-2003, 06:28 PM
:) hi does anybody know when the speeder bike is going to come out ?

mini-rock
01-31-2003, 02:13 PM
According to JJB not until fall. Wish it was sooner though.:)

Greyfolk
02-11-2003, 08:30 PM
What word is there concerning the 12" Leia Speeder Bike? Its release has been postponed on many an occasion.

-Muuurgh
Hasn't it?

Beast
02-11-2003, 08:36 PM
It was rumored for release in 2002, but that didn't end up happening. It's supposed to be coming later this year, likely in the fall. Infact we've seen the prototype. The thread is still on the first page, but here's a link. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17268

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Greyfolk
02-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Thanks,
I realized after I posted this that it had been addressed about 100 times.

Newbie mistake.
-Muuurgh

Turbowars
04-26-2003, 10:22 PM
RS has some boxed shots of Leia with Speeder. There's a front and back shot of the Saga box and one close up of her smiling. The helmet is to big to, what a joke, oh well I need a loose speeder for a custom anyways.

derek
04-26-2003, 11:09 PM
dang, another stupid barbie head and a 1/4th scale helmet!:mad: what a bummer!:cry:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up Turbo :)

Orginally quoted by Derek
another stupid barbie head
hehe funny! :D

Did you guys notice the black foam inside the helmet? I have a feeling that's why the helmet is made large because the foam is there to protect the "hair-do" which we don't want getting messed up when we take off the helmet in the first place. :rolleyes:

Turbowars
04-27-2003, 12:03 AM
No problem Deo, see sometimes I'm nice, LOL. Man, I know guys that face is horid. Whats up with the smile? I think Fisher smiled like 1 or 2 times in the whole OT. Dude it would have been cool if the set came with an Ewok to make up for the crappy head. Is that helmet made for a human 3 year old?:confused:On the bright side it will look cool having all 3 sets with the different styles of packaging through the years on display.

mini-rock
04-27-2003, 01:23 AM
GEEZ!! What's up with the oversized helmets? Other than that I really don't care about the smiley face as long as she can sit on the bike properly. Thanks for the heads up turbo.:)

jedibear
04-27-2003, 10:59 PM
Yeah, yeah...I'm not so hot on that whack expression she's sporting either. The outfit looks good and detailed though. I'll probably just pose her with Wicket and save the bike for the re-issued Biker Scout that hopefully will hit around the same time.
I gotta say....the Action Collection isn't too bad this year (so far). LOTS of classic characters. The Gammorrean Guard looks fantastic & the Skiff Lando looks pretty decent too.

OC47150
04-28-2003, 12:10 PM
I might have to splurge and get this one as a Christmas present to myself.

Paul Heaberlin
04-30-2003, 09:33 AM
what's RS? I'd like to see these pictures

OC47150
04-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Rebelscum, another SW toy/collectible website.

Tycho
05-01-2003, 12:29 AM
I'm really disappointed in the dumb smile. That's just wrong.

I really demand to know who thought of that? (making her smile).

Who at Hasbro does not understand Star Wars?

Princess Leia Ceremony Attire (or an Ewok Princess dress) could smile - other than that, NO LEIA figure should ever be smiling.

Star Wars is a tragedy! Duh!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, Leia's hair. Great. Have real hair and style it like Leia's. However, Leia always had some loose strands hanging like "sideburns." Letting some of that loose would give the figure that much more realism.

But in speaking about realism, Carrie Fisher was much more attractive than the face on that doll. The Leia Endor figure looks NOTHING like her!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The General's uniform (underneath the poncho).

Where's the rank insignia? Where's her wrist commlink?

Why is that MOLDED PLASTIC belt so cheaply detailed and so horribly unauthentic, when (1st Wave of modern 12" ever) Han Solo's was nearly perfect, 7 years ago!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some good points:

Kudos for the GI Jane body. It's about time. I guess they spent more money on that, than they did on hiring a talented sculptor. 'Doh!

The Speederbike paint deco. Cool!

Leia's gun - nice they can be thoughtful once in a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The verdict: I may actually pass on getting this.

1) I want Luke and Leia to ride the same bike, so I don't need her to have a bike.

2) I have 2 scouts w. bikes, and Luke w. a bike.

3) Leia could be remade and sold as a single boxed figure in a regular assortment somewhere down the road, and I'd be kicking myself if they made her better (I don't buy duplicate 12" if they come packaged differently unless I'm using them in scenes). I'd rather get a later Leia that Hasbro improves to cover the points I discussed earlier.

4) I'm usually labeled "a Hasbro appologist" around here, but I always call it like it is. I don't have an agenda. But I do not like what I see in my first impression of Leia Endor - something I was really looking forward to.

Sad but true.

LTBasker
05-01-2003, 01:36 AM
I may just end up getting this for when the Scout Trooper comes out, because I never was able to grab one. Plus the Luke's are still in stock I think, I can always just toss her on there with him.

She's pretty boring though, I mean yeah she's two figures in one but come on.. Why do they have to depict the latest Leias as either a poledancer (Unleashed) or just hap-hap-happy (12")?? It's saddening..

What they could've - no, should've done was make Luke and Leia a 2-pack and then rerelease the Scout w/ Bike, or just released Luke and Leia seperately but still rereleased the Scout w/ Bike.

You'd think since the only new stuff are Leia's gear, they could at least put some really nice work into it.

Paul Heaberlin
05-02-2003, 05:01 PM
RS Rebel scum. I just knew it would be a site I knew of!

Sheesh!!

Thanks!

-Paul <-- can't see the forest for the trees.

SirSteve
05-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Here is a look at the final product, boxed:

SSG News (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=738)

mini-rock
05-16-2003, 10:08 AM
Looks awesome!! Thanks SirSteve.:)

TheDarthVader
05-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Why couldn't they have released a 12" speeder bike by itself and then: Biker Scout 12", Luke in Endor Gear, and Leia in Endor Gear?? It isn't hard to think of doing something like that! But no, if you want a Luke in Endor Gear you have to get a speeder bike too! Or if you want a speeder bike(battle damaged), you have to get the crappy Leia (too) with the stupid smile and oversized helmet. I think Hasbro needs to start releasing small vehicles by themselves for the 12" line. Any big vehicles made for 12" would be lame, and there's no way they'd do it...which is 100% understandable. They don't need to do it. Just make a 12" swoop and speeder bike...maybe even a 12" landspeeder...stuff like that. ;)

mm74md
06-06-2003, 08:45 AM
When should we expect to see this in stores?

Tycho
06-06-2003, 12:20 PM
3-6 months after Hasbro says so.

But actually, in the past, Target has been pretty good about ordering their exclusives and getting them out.

Comic Con is coming, and if the bike is expected this summer, I'd watch for it to get released soon.

I distinctly remember having my bikes at retail price (actually I got Luke for the discount price of the Bikerscout because they didn't change the sku, so $12.99 hahaha) but I had them before I saw them being scalped at Comic Con for like 80-100 bucks.

They should be like around $50.

Want a solution?

Find a first wave 2002 Clone Trooper, or pick up a KB exclusive capt. or cmmdr. and put him on Luke's bike.

Put Luke WITH Leia on her bike, and recreate the magic of the movie, that way (or put Luke jumping on the back of your scout trooper's bike, preparing to throw him off!)

In any case, the Bikerscout is the coolest one and I was lucky to get 2 of those. It remains today the BEST packaged concept of any Star Wars product ever IMO. It literally comes in its own diorama which looks 10 times better than even what they've been able to do with the window-boxed ships, etc.

With no room to make this 12" display until I buy a house, I've never opened either of my Bikerscouts. My friend did, way back when they were new, so I'm still comfortable with my best box sealed tight. However, they WILL be opened. I'll just cringe and take pain killers when I do it.

anirbas12
06-23-2003, 01:56 AM
Got my Leia and Speederbike yesterday at my local toy shop... BTW, i'm in singapore. :)

It rocks!!!!!

By the way.. i'm a huge fan of Star Wars 12" since the early 90s. Have all the released figures to-date except for the Lando Skiff wave.

I collect mainly 12" and Unleashed... plus a few other collectibles.

Enjoy some old pictures of my toy room and hope to make some overseas 12" collector thru this forum.

My Star Wars 12" (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/orbitalmonger/lst?.dir=/Toys&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/orbitalmonger/lst%3f%26.dir=/Toys/Star%2bWars%26.src=ph%26.view=t&.view=t)

derek
06-23-2003, 08:45 AM
you've got a very nice collection, anirbas12!:)

i'm thinking of getting the 12 inch vintage figures as well, just to round out my 12 inch collection.;)

Exhaust Port
06-23-2003, 09:28 AM
So the Leia/Speederbike is being made? Who's going to get it in the states? Another Target exculsive?

OC47150
06-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Yes, it is a Target exclusive. Arriving late summer or early fall. About $60.

Exhaust Port
06-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Man, I'm out of the loop. Thanks OC, I'll have to stay on top of this so I don't miss them when they hit the shelves.

anirbas12
06-23-2003, 08:25 PM
thanks derek for your compliments... u should get the vintage 12".... classic i must say :)

will try to take some new shots of the 12" to share with all of you...

Turbowars
06-23-2003, 09:06 PM
Yeah cool collection. I don't think I have really heard anyone in a long time say they only the collect 12" line. I have all of the Collectors series and Action Collection,including rare stuff like the Hong Konog 3 pack, FAO 2 packs and blue chest Snowtrooper. I only have one 12" figure from EP1 (Maul with Speeder) because I was so dissapointed in the film. I started up with the POTJ line and bought only Dooku and Zam from AOTC. I continue with the OT 12" figures, but will stay away from EP1 and EP2. The problem now is that Hasbro does not seem to care about the quality of the line. I mean I love my Gam Guard, but the paint job on the head is bad and it's not just mine, it's everyones. Anyways, I will pick up Leia with bike to go with the other 2.

anirbas12
06-23-2003, 09:20 PM
I'm glad i'm living in this era where i get to enjoy the Star Wars Movies... even though EP1 or 2 were really not that fantastic.. but as long as one like the overall set up and minus out some annoying details to make the movie more enjoyable.

the 12" dolls i have to agree... the Human figures do not really meet our expectations other than the Grand Tarkin and Count Dooku's headsculpt.

But i personally like the 12" line cos of the scale and the clothes / accessories that come along with the figures.

I'm still looking for the Lando Skiff Wave to keep my collection up to date... any one got any idea where to get them?

Turbowars
06-23-2003, 09:27 PM
Yeah, it's called e-bay. The sad thing is thats about the only place right now. I heard a lot of bad things about that Lando wave, but I'll have to see it. One of the worst 12" figure has to be Saga Padme. What a hunk of crap!!

anirbas12
06-23-2003, 09:39 PM
For the Leia Speederbike...the overall box and figure looks fantastic cos i fancy this type of Leia's face sculpt rather than the one seen in Collector Series.

To me as long face look reasonably nice looking even for the Padme... it will be a good 12" human release in my books.... hope they will not come out more figures like Luke in Ceremonial or this Han Solo with Swinging action with Lando Wave.

I'm ok with the doll like features cos I particularly like the vintages that has the more boyish or barbie looking dolls.

Not being too particular will make the collecting more enjoyable for me.

hamsterboy
07-19-2003, 04:03 PM
Well,here it is July. Hopefully it won't be to much longer before it comes out.

jimmytone
07-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Hi,
I, too, am an avid 12" collector. I just built a house, so I had to slow down a little on my collecting and have missed a few of the 12" figures over the past year or so.

I'm sure I'll get the new Leia/Speederbike; I have all the other speederbikes.

As for the Lando Skiff Guard wave... what figures were in that wave? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

derek
07-19-2003, 06:50 PM
As for the Lando Skiff Guard wave... what figures were in that wave? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

welcome jimmytone,

skiff lando, ANH han solo, and the AT-ST driver are in the "lando wave":)

Wampa
08-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Target.com has Leia w/ speederbike in stock for $49.99 with 24 hour shipping.

Exhaust Port
08-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks Wampa!, I just ordered mine.

gtrain29
08-07-2003, 12:43 PM
I am always able to find these at my local target, so I will try to avoid paying shipping.
Whoever gets it, let me know what you think of the head sculpt. I was contemplating transferring a hoth leia head onto the body since the hair style is the same.

Exhaust Port
08-12-2003, 01:20 PM
I got my 12" Leia/Speederbike in the mail today. I think this is one of the better female action figures. The head sculpt is pretty good but still a bit "barbie-like" which doesn't make it look too much like Carrie Fisher. The one detail I don't like about the head is that she's smiling which is why I think it appears barbie-like. Why would she be smiling? At no time in the movie on the speederbike did she smile and in fact she isn't smiling on any of the figure pictures on the box she came in. It seems that was a late addition, too bad.

I'm not an expert on all the body types but this one is a lot better than the early Leia figures. Good posability and it looks great in the costume.

As of now I have no further room for large 12" figures to be put on display so she'll be stored along with my 12" Luke/Taun Taun in my storage area. The 3 speederbikes will look good at some point being displayed next to each other.

OC47150
08-12-2003, 01:33 PM
She's hungry. She's trying to catch bugs in her teeth.

Thanks for the review. I'm getting closer to Christmas.

Exhaust Port
08-12-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm thinking about painting some bugs in her teeth as she'd surely have some after zipping around while smiling on the speederbike through the forest. :D

Doc Brown
08-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Just got the Leia with Speederbike from Target.com. Man, I'm sure glad I'm an opener cus the outside box on mine came horribly crushed in. :P I would have been so ******. The figure inside is perfectly fine but I warn anyone buying it to be at least semi mint in box your in for a world of hurt lol They ship it in a thin amazon box with just air pack shipper thrown in.

Exhaust Port
08-12-2003, 06:48 PM
My box faired a lot better but I definately wouldn't call it a MIB figure.

Paul Heaberlin
08-13-2003, 04:49 PM
I got mine yesterday too. I have to agree, the only complaint is the Damn smile on her face! On the whole tho, the figure looks porportionately better than MOST of the last few female figures- Especially Amidala!

gtrain29
08-15-2003, 05:50 PM
I was looking on target's website and the leia speederbike listing said "web only". I searched other items that didn't have this.

Does this mean that we will only be able to purchase this figure through their website?

I'd hate to fork over $18 more for shipping & tax.

gtrain29
08-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Oops, my bad.
It's only $10 more.
Still, though, I am curious about the "web only" description of the figure. I fear that I should buy it now in case it never hits the shelves. Let me know if anyone's heard about this.

Wampa
08-15-2003, 05:58 PM
The A-wing states the same thing yet is sold in stores. I beleive it means "web only" pricing or shipping.

gtrain29
08-15-2003, 06:01 PM
ok,
that helps.
I guess I'll hold onto my $10 extra and wait for it to hit stores around here.
thanks wampa

gtrain29
08-26-2003, 05:22 PM
Got mine today!!!!

I couldn't waid and finally ordered it off amazon. I admit that I was already planning how to customize this figure, but after opening it, I am really impressed!!
The face isn't nearly as bad as I thought from the pictures. In fact, I wouldn't even call that expression a smile. The outfit is right on. I'm really impressed that hasbro didn't cheap out on it and actually put her general outfit on under the poncho.
I was also watching ROTJ last week and realized that the belt only goes around the front part of the poncho. After making that correction to my luke and leia endor figures, it really looks better.
I'm really happy with the figures this year. The lando skiff, AT-ST driver, leia endor have really been positive experiences. I can't wait to get my gamorrean!!

Turbowars
10-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Well guys I just picked up my 12" Leia with Speeder today at target. I'm happy I waited and I even got a mint box. They also had tons of A-Wings. So the rumor about them being web only was a trick on Targets part.:greedy:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-28-2003, 10:46 PM
I recently got next week's Target Ad, and it advertises the 12" Leia with Speeder Bike for $46.88 (as well as the A-Wing for $18.88). Just a little heads up for those who have this/these on their Christmas lists...

SirSteve
11-29-2003, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the picture!

Val Da Car
12-04-2003, 02:40 PM
It appears that all Targets are getting the Speeder Bike Leia but only High Volume stores get the A Wing.

Out of the five stores that are closest to me in the three counties I stop at only 2 even have SKU's or tags for the Green A-wings....I picked up two since the store I was at only had 8 of them.

JediTricks
01-08-2004, 03:34 AM
Whats up with the smile? I think Fisher smiled like 1 or 2 times in the whole OT. Here's what I don't get, Carrie Fisher had this heart-meltingly beautiful smile in Star Wars, yet Hasbro's Leia 12" figures of late look like she's either baking a cake with Barbie or ODing on the Joker's laughing gas.

Anyway, I picked up this figure tonight at Target for $12.48. I was too broke to get 12" Luke w/ speederbike, a figure I wanted but not enough to spend more than $35 on it, and this almost makes up for it being cheaper than any 1 figure (or cheaper than 3 figures in the 4" scale ;)). I'm also a sucker for action Leias so this was pretty much unbeatable. Right now, I'm not taking her out of the box - I took my Biker Scout w/ bike out of the box and then put it back in for its display, but that pretty much killed said display space, so until I can figure out where to put it, I don't want it flopping around. I'll definitely open this one at some point, let her plug away at the Biker Scout with her gun and silence the voices in my head telling me to open the box, open the box! ;) but not tonight... though she is mangling the bike's grip a bit. And after reading gtrain's comment about adjusting the poncho's belt, I'm now fairly sure this figure will be liberated by tomorrow afternoon.

Paul Heaberlin
01-08-2004, 06:30 AM
If anyone comes accross one of the leias at this price, grab me on! I'm good for it I swear!

I only saw these at ONE target store in town a month and a half ago and they only had 2. They didnt get a ton of them like the Luke speeder.

bobafrett
01-08-2004, 01:50 PM
I saw a Target that had about 10 of these a couple weeks back, I'm going to make a mad dash to see if they still have them, and at the clearance price. Only problem is, there are 5 Targets ansd I only have time to get to 2 of them before I leave for work. I don't remember which store had the 10 or so of them.

JediTricks
01-09-2004, 12:38 AM
So I opened it up, and the figure is ok, the body is good but like everybody said, the helmet is way too big. I was surprised at how the pants don't close that well. Having the belt around only the front half of the cloak is really much better. And the headsculpt still is too happy, especially compared to the very serious one that the prototype has on the photo on the back - why didn't they go with that face instead?!?

bobafrett
01-09-2004, 08:12 AM
And the headsculpt still is too happy, especially compared to the very serious one that the prototype has on the photo on the back - why didn't they go with that face instead?!?

I was wondering that myself JT. I saw the closed lip look of the prototype picture on the back of the box. I liked that look instead of the fake smile that they went with. In fact, I told a lady who was looking at the clearance endcap how much the bikes were. She said "That's a great price!" but then she put it back because of the Barbie like face, she said her son's wouldn't play with a girl doll. I would have tried to sell her on the idea of using the speeder bike with a biker scout, except I have yet to see any of the 12" figures from that wave, and I still need to pick up a couple of Biker Scouts myself.

I opened the second clearance one I bought. I do like the pivoting stands. I left the hands and feet banded with the clear runner bands to the bikes hand grips and accelerator pedals. I'd say it was worth the $12.48 I plunked down.

bobafrett
01-09-2004, 08:23 AM
On a side note, I went back and bought another one for a fellow member of a costume club I'm with. I ran into an old classmate from high school. I told him I was buying the speeder bike for another person, and he asked me how much I was going to sell it for. I told him I was only charging what I paid for it, plus whatever it cost to ship the bike. He thought I was a toy dealer.

jedi master sal
01-09-2004, 12:39 PM
I bought three of these at that price. I already had one from the $50 price but now I have these to open. Once I find a Single boxed Bikerscout, I'll give him his bike. I Already have an extra Luke. So, I'm going to have a huge diorama with the three spedderbikes Leia/Luke/Bikerscout. Now I just need to sell the two extra Leia's I have. I think I have one guy interested already. I'm selling those for just $6 each. CHEAP!

I just couldn't pass up that price!

Man, if only I could army build 12inch for those kind of markdowns, all the time...

Ya hear me Tycho???

Turbowars
01-09-2004, 09:12 PM
I got one today with that great price. The strange thing is, they are in the stock room. I had to ask for one. I wonder if someone was holding it in the back? So that makes 3. I bought one yearly on and then another when it was $35ish. I kind of want this one to customize.

ACPin
01-09-2004, 10:18 PM
I don't really collect any of the 12" line anymore but at this price I couldn't help but get one. She'll get along with my Luke and the two Biker Scouts that I've bought before.

K M Toydarian
01-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Picked up a cheap leia bike in Norwalk today. Hadn't opened the full price one I bought a while back, so opened her today. I m alot more impressed than I thought. Taking off the Poncho and helmet it is a pretty decent General Leia figure. Her uniform is detailed great. I think I might try to repaint her eyes so they are not so "wide". That is what makes her look smiley. She could probably look a little more serious with good facial paint. The hair is nice too. This is what Padme should have been! Real body real hair. Has anyone tried to repaint her yet?

JediTricks
01-10-2004, 06:35 AM
BF, my Leia has no problem with the hand grips & foot pedals, I threw out the rubber bands because they were causing her hands to get warped and she hangs onto this bike like a champ.

I think I'm going to end up getting another one tomorrow for Luke, I'm hoping her helmet will fit on his melon, but either way, it'll have the poncho for him. I'll just use one of the extra 12" Luke Jedi figs I already have waiting for customizing.

bobafrett
01-10-2004, 11:13 AM
JT, let me know if the Poncho fits. I bought an extra 1 or 2 speeder bikes to put Luke on one, and a Biker Scout on the other. I was thinking the same thing, about putting the extra Leia poncho over an extra Jedi Luke. I say I might have a 2nd extra speeder bike since I bought one for a fellow costuming club member, but it would cost almost $12 to ship it to him, and he hasn't got back to me yet on if he wants it.

Paul Heaberlin
01-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Im happy to say I was able to snag one today at that price.

JediTricks
01-14-2004, 01:25 AM
BF, I still haven't found another one yet, but I'm fairly sure that the hooded poncho on the back of the bike will fit Luke, it's similar but definitely not the same as the one on Leia.