PDA

View Full Version : Neimoidians...

Jerjerrod
01-21-2003, 10:26 PM
What is their average height compared to an average human?

At first, after watching the scene where Nute and Rune were captured by Amidala's band of troops, they look like they're taller than Chewbacca!

But in the EP1 action figures, they look so small. Is the scale accurate?

Also, which Boss Nass has the correct scale, EP1 or POTJ?

Thanks,
Jerjerrod

Beast
01-21-2003, 10:44 PM
Nute Gunray is 1.91 meters tall, and Rune Haako is 1.96 meters tall. Where as Chewbacca is 2.28 meters tall and Luke is 1.72 and Han is 1.8 meters tall for comparison. Many of them also wear tall hats.

The reason the Neimodians seem so tall in E1, is we don't see them really standing next to anyone to judge height. Except for Maul, who is short. The figures could stand to be a bit taller, but arn't to bad. :)

The E1 Boss Nass was one of the absolute worst peices of crap ever made in any Star Wars line. He's like a Mini-Me version of Boss Nass. The POTJ version is a huge improvement, and was accurately detailed and scaled. The E1 version is terrible. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jerjerrod
01-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the exact measurements, JJB. Where do you get each characters info? Starwars.com?

Telling me about the EP1 Boss Nass just cracked me up.:D
EP1 Boss Nass = Mini Me
POTJ Boss Nass = Fat Bastard :p

Fulit
01-22-2003, 04:14 PM
If you want scale confusion, compare Ep1 Obi-Wan (Naboo) to E2 Obi-Wan (Coruscant Chase). I know people shrink with age, but at this rate, Obi-Wan will be a dwarf by E3.

Beast
01-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Yeah, StarWars.com is where I got the info for the heights. I wish Nute and Rune were a but taller, but they arn't horribly out of scale like lil Nass. :)

As for the Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan, they made him a bit shorter on purpose. He was made so that he would hang from the droid without falling. If he were larger, he wouldn't have been able to hang properly.

The first Saga Jango is a bit short also. I think they did that on purpose also, so if you had shorty Kenobi next to him it wouldn't look so bad. Luckily they were not the only versions of the charecters that were produced. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jerjerrod
01-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
As for the Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan, they made him a bit shorter on purpose. He was made so that he would hang from the droid without falling. If he were larger, he wouldn't have been able to hang properly.

Couldn't Hasbro make either the Assassin droid bigger or the magnet bigger to keep Mini-Me-Obi-Kenobi to the correct scale?
I had him shoved into my "non-fave" box 2 days after I bought him, that's when I found out he was Leia's height. :D

TheDarthVader
01-31-2003, 04:37 PM
Do you really think hasbro cares THAT much about getting the Star Wars scale correct? I don't think they do! :(

Beast
01-31-2003, 04:52 PM
They obviously care enough, because they said that they were going to start correcting the scale problems of POTF2. That's why we finally started getting Chewie's and Vader's in the correct scale. And they started doing Leia's in the correct scale also. Hopefully the re-do a few of the other figures that were to short/tall in the near future. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lewis
02-01-2003, 03:25 AM
Another example to show how much effort Hasbro are putting into their figures,The CTC Stormtrooper compared to the POTF in height is a lot,you could now use the older one as luke, who is a little short for a stormtrooper lol :p