PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Iron Man & Trenchcoat Thing

jpak001
01-22-2003, 10:26 AM
check it out:

The Outer Reaches ('net store) has the Stealth Iron Man & Trenchcoat Thing right now for $10.99. Not a bad price for these variants! (I just saw them both for $40.00 each the other day).

I've never ordered from them before today :p I'll let you all know if The Outer Reaches works out ok or not. Cant wait to get these!

jjreason
01-23-2003, 01:05 AM
That sounds like a great deal. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you....

Stealth Iron man is wicked, that's one variant I'd buy if I found one at retail. I love my plain old Iron Man Legends figure a lot.

Jayspawn
01-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Hey you just reminded me. I saw Stealth Iron Man and Trenchcoat Thing at Wal-Mart 2 days ago. I passed on them because I like the Classic version of Iron Man better, but I did see them. They were sittiing on the pegs with Marvel Legends 3.

jpak001
01-24-2003, 03:08 PM
That's pretty cool man! Unfortunately the scalpers are pretty quick in these parts :frus: I've gone to WM's daily since the Marvel Legends have started hitting = nothing:dead:

I want the Stealth Iron Man 'cause I have the other two versions busted out & on display :D I want to put him in that group. Don't care THAT much for the trenchy thing, but since he was so cheap, and I was ordering the Steath Iron Man anyway, I just threw him on the order!

12inch Lando
02-04-2003, 11:34 AM
I've been away from Marvel comics for the better part of 20 years. Can anyone give me any background on the stealth Iron Man figure? Was it part of the comics or just made up for ML? To give you an idea how long its been for me the last thing I knew Tony Stark was a drunk and Iron Man was Jim Rhodes!

jpak001
02-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Thats funny man! I've been looking for little beer bottle or something to give one of my Iron Man figs.

Honestly, I'm not sure if the stealth version was ever in the comics or not. I haven't been reading too many comics for the last few years myself, just a few here and there. I know Iron Man has gone through a lot of costume changes, so I suppose it's possible.

Still waiting for my Outer Reaches shipment BTW...........

smurfvader
02-04-2003, 03:01 PM
The stealth armor was in fact used in the comics. I remeber him using it to fly to Russia so he could fly under their radar. As for a beer bottle, you might want to try a craft store that sells miniature accessories for doll houses. They'll probably have some kind of bottle or can that you can repaint.

JIm

aharry
02-04-2003, 04:26 PM
They could do endless Iron Man variations with all the armor changes he's undergone. How about the silver and red version? Or maybe the old tin can version from way back. I wouldn't mind seeing an Iron Monger figure after some other more popular villians are made first. I imagine we would see a Titanium Man before the Monger gets made. But who knows, they are making a Gambit figure despite the fact he is only about what, 12 or 13 years old. There are definitely other X-Legends that should have come before Gambit. I guess he was more popular than I thought. I quit collecting comics a few issues after his debut, so I really only know his character through the mid-90s cartoon. Heck, let's bust out a Cable figure while we're at it. I need to stop here before I go listing every Marvel figure again. I guess I'm just excited about this line. Along with the Spider-Man figures, this is the best I've seen come out of Toy Biz yet and there seems to be so much potential for this line.

jpak001
02-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by smurfvader
for a beer bottle, you might want to try a craft store that sells miniature accessories for doll houses. They'll probably have some kind of bottle or can that you can repaint.

I didn't even think of that, thanks for the idea!

A Cable would be sweet, especially if they could do a light-up eye and still keep some articulation!

aharry
02-05-2003, 01:01 AM
Here's a great fantasy wave, imo; Cable, Silver Surfer, Thanos, and Mr. and Mrs. Fantastic, to round out the rest of the FF.

jpak001
02-05-2003, 08:48 AM
That would be awesome!

I could see it now though... "clear variant Mrs Fantastic"....
Unfortunately, as much as I would want one, I dont think we'll ever see a cable :( The others are probably a pretty high possibilty though!

QLD
02-05-2003, 11:22 AM
My friend 12" Lando had a great idea for Ms. Fantastic.

To have her figure be is the "process" of turning invisible.

Her legs up to her waist/chest could be invisible. Then it would fade to her being not invisible. Kind of hard for me to describe, but I think you get the idea.

12inch Lando
02-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Yowza!!! I just read Fantastic Four Unlimited #2 for the first time yesterday. When and where the hell did Susan Richards get that FF Dominatrix uniform from! Jeez... I'd like to see that one on the shelves but I'd think you'd have to put it in a plain brown wrapper. She's gotten a few *ahem* enhancements since the last time I saw her.

jpak001
02-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Her legs up to her waist/chest could be invisible. Then it would fade to her being not invisible. Kind of hard for me to describe, but I think you get the idea.

You know, they made a statue like that. It's pretty cool. That would be an awesome ML figure!

Here's a link to an ebay auction for one (they also have all clear versions)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2157029288&category=80

My question is, how would they do Mr Fantastic? Maybe a regular articulated figure with long bendy detachable limbs? I don't know, I would be happy with just a regular articulated figure.

Hey 12inch, how is the FF comics these days, any good? (we know Susan is doing alright from your post ;) )

smurfvader
02-05-2003, 03:37 PM
To have her figure be is the "process" of turning invisible.
Her legs up to her waist/chest could be invisible. Then it would fade to her being not invisible. Kind of hard for me to describe, but I think you get the idea

Didn't you see the exclusive Muppets figures of Fozzie and Beaker that were partially invisible? hat would be a pretty cool idea. Me I'm hoping for more villians. I want an all villian wave consisting of one major baddie for each hero. Here are some of the ones I want to see.
Abomination/Hulk, Loki/Thor, Crimson Dynamo/Iron Man, Bullseye/DD, and Juggernaut/Wolverine.
That's all I could think of right now. I never read the original Ghost rider comic and the current one (which the figure is) never really had a good villian. He had some lame wanna be called Vengence. He's like the Ghost rider version of Venom only lame. I'd also like to see Red Skull, but I don't think they'll make him as a figure.

JIm

aharry
02-05-2003, 05:25 PM
I would guess that MR. Fantastic would have long appendages made the same way the Thing's hands and DR. Octopus tentacles are made.

JediTricks
02-05-2003, 08:24 PM
I thought Toy Biz already did a half-invisible figure for the old Marvel line in the '90s.

jpak001
02-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Did they? I could see that I guess, they did do a "half flame-on" Human Torch back then too...

ToyBiz did so many figures back then that I lost track a long time ago (plus they weren't so great back then). They did do a few Thanos figures back then too, I remember having one at one point. Sure hope they do a ML out of him.......

QLD
02-05-2003, 10:57 PM
I remember the old Marvel Secret Wars figures. I didn't know what Secret Wars was at the time, but they were pretty sucky figures.

jpak001
02-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey, I finally got my Outer Reaches shipment today. It took a few weeks, but considering it came from Canada to California, that's not too bad.

They arrived in excellent condition too!! (not that it matters since I open all my ML figs). So if you don't mind waiting a few weeks, the Outer Reaches is a aok place to shop!