PDA

View Full Version : Ok who likes the new stands for the SAGA figures?

Darth Trymybestus
01-22-2003, 03:53 PM
I think they look great, they're even better than the Commtech ones because they can be used in Diorama's.
The new stands that will come with Aayla Secura and the new Padme Amidala figures are fantastic! Lets see more of these Hasbro!! :)
The fact that most of the SAGA figures won't stand on their own is another good reason for stands.
Commtech were great as stands but the new ones look even better, who wants a stand to be included with Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight? :)

LTBasker
01-22-2003, 03:57 PM
I don't like'em unless they serve a purpose, such as Padme's "stand." They could cause Hasbro to get a wild hair and start using the stands as an excuse to make them even more wildly posed. I'd rather not take the chance.

Beast
01-22-2003, 04:05 PM
I love the stands. Here's hoping that more 2003 figures will come with them. In my opinion, they should continue to pack stands in with all the figures. Makes for nice display pieces for your figures.

So far for 2003 we have Padmé: Droid Factory Chase, Tusken Raider: Tatooine Camp Ambush, Aayla Secura: Jedi Master, Barriss Offee: Jedi Padawan, Imperial SketchTrooper, and WA-7 (Flo-Bot) confirmed as coming with stands/bases.

Rumor is that the Flying R2-D2 figure will also feature another base section of the droid factory that will connect with the Arena, Padmé, Deluxe C-3PO w/ Battle Droid, and the Super Battle Droid Building Set. Cool beans. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fourtwo
01-22-2003, 06:11 PM
i think they're cool. well, from the pics i've seen at least. i mean heck, not like you have to utilize them.

jpak001
01-22-2003, 06:15 PM
I like 'em too, but I would like it much better if they would just include regular flat clear disc stands (somebody makes them, I just cant remember who right now).

I'm not complaining mind you, I really do like the "little diorama" stands much better than the comm-tech chips!:cool:

Jargo
01-22-2003, 09:03 PM
Yes, the arena stands are quite interesting. i love how bariss is standing on a fallen battle droid torso. I'm not so sure about having the tusken camp one with a linking lug on it. Unless it links to some other tusken we haven't yet seen. If you link the tusken camp one with another tusken camp one it looks dumb, too many fires. The shape is wrong for it to look right. In principle stands are a good idea. Scene specific is a little limiting though. I too would rather they were simply a clear plastic disk. The size of the base that came with Watto last year but clear as glass. And for wide stance figures a larger ovoid stand. Stuff like the campfire from the tusken set could still be done as an accessory. The droid factory ones - meh, they aren't that great. A curved one might be nice at some point when you consider that the droid foundries worked on a descending spiral of conveyor belt not one long straight line.

Old Fossil
01-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by jpak001
I like 'em too, but I would like it much better if they would just include regular flat clear disc stands (somebody makes them, I just cant remember who right now).

I'm not complaining mind you, I really do like the "little diorama" stands much better than the comm-tech chips!:cool:

I've bought packets of clear circular stands from "REAL" Action Figure Stands. There is another retailer that sells black ones, though I can't remember who.

jpak001
01-22-2003, 11:29 PM
Yeah that's right, REAL stands. Those are the best ones I've come across so far. Much better quality than those black ones (the pegs break off pretty easily on the black ones.

aceguide
01-23-2003, 08:59 AM
I'm all for stands - put them in with every figure!

187-Maul
01-23-2003, 09:16 AM
they shouldn't come with every figure (for example a fig like ephant mon wouldn't need one) but on some figs they are pretty cool, I like the factory part that comes with padme and the arena parts looks cool too, and I hope the base of the imperial sketchtrooper will look cool
good decision by hasbro, at least we still get something extra with the figs

jjreason
01-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Stands are needed. Including them is a nice thought, and seems to be more for the collectors who want a mini-statue (Im not sure about how interactive they are). Id like them to continue making them work as interlocking sets when you get multiple figures, but it would be better if they were made to offer more than one configuration upon having them all (with hidden locking mechs rather than the overt ones).

The pics of the 2003 ones have my "seal of approval" so far. :)

dbrubak2
01-23-2003, 03:03 PM
I loved the Commtech stands. How do you display decent dioramas without them? In fact, I was looking for a place to get some stands for the new figures. Thanks to you guys, I just ordered some off of the Real Stands website. Hopefully they are as good as you have said.

Tycho
01-23-2003, 03:42 PM
They are. I had to order RealStands too because for some reason the footpegs on my Arena Playset are not long enough, or their not fat enough or something - the point being that my Hasbro playset does not work to hold my Hasbro figures onto it.

Real Stands was the only way to not have random parts or commtechs scattered all over my arena playset, making "black circles" or droid factory parts suddenly appear in the middle of a tan and brown sandy arena.

I like the droid factory parts and I'll reserve judgement to see what Hasbro's Tusken stand, etc. connects to. Barriss' will match the Arena Playset no doubt - and this time work for my Barriss figure I'm sure.

But what if I want to make Barriss have an adventure on a Republic Starcruiser? The captain will be mad that she tracked all that sand into the ship!

I will support the current stands, but RealStands are even cheaper to produce, and more useful.

www.realstands.com (they made the ones for the Insider and they also made the black ones from the past, but discontinued them as diorama builders preferred the clear ones for their versitality - such as no black stands on Hoth, for one.)