PDA

View Full Version : If you only had ONE AF or MM vehicle to represent Star Wars, what would it be?

Glitch
01-22-2003, 05:37 PM
Perhaps not the coolest vehicle like the Slave 1 or the TIE Bomber, but the vehicle that is the best representation of the first three films (ANH - ROTJ). As though Galoob only did ONE vehicle for the entire trilogy.

Anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought...

Thanks!
:)

sicqnus
01-22-2003, 06:17 PM
Without any doubt, the vessel wich represents the most the StarWars Saga is the X-Wing fighter.
It's the hero ship, we can see it in every movie of the original trilogy (as a real part of the story in itself). It's also R2D2's ship (wich is the most known Robot in the galaxy for the fans and the non starwars fans all around the world). This is the ship wich destroyed the Death Star, a mythical fighter.
When I talked to friends or other people about starwars they often says 'Aoh ! yes, the movie with the curious "X" looking starfighters...".

In second place I would say : The Tie fighter.
In third place : The Millenium Falcon.

Jangu Fett
01-22-2003, 07:51 PM
I think the Millennium Falcon is the best pick to represent the original trilogy. It's probably the most recognized ship, next to the U.S.S. Enterprise. And if not the Falcon then I'd pick the Death Star. Some casual Sci-Fi fans, who aren't that familiar with the SW Trilogy might mistake the X-Wing for one of those Starfury fighters from Babylon 5. And if not the Starfury the Thunderbolt, also from B5, really looked like the X-Wing. The only difference was the Thunderbolts wing didn't close.

good shot jansen
01-22-2003, 08:32 PM
good quextion:confused:

prolly the star destroyer. it's the 1st ship that we are awed by in anh. it's presence throughout the original trilogy is always felt with a sense of forboding doom.

the star destroyer is all the power and evil of the empire rolled up into a an awsome icon!

(imho of course ;) )

SWAFMAN
01-22-2003, 08:56 PM
x-wing is my vote

JediTricks
01-23-2003, 05:24 AM
I was never really thrilled with the AF versions of the X-wing or Millennium Falcon, though those are both iconic representations of Star Wars, they're good but not fantastic or terribly accurate. However, they do fit the bill for what I'd choose to represent, along with the Snowspeeder, AT-AT, and Imperial Star Destroyer.

Ultimately, I'm going with the Falcon ever so slightly over the X-wing. The Falcon represents what Star Wars is about in so many ways, it's tough but not pretty, it's never clean or in perfect working order, and it's major claim to fame (kessel run in 12 parsecs) doesn't make scientific sense but sounds cool. ;)

AndyW
01-23-2003, 07:28 AM
I'm with the X-Wing, was the ship I always picked when I was a kid, no matter the mission, I always wanted to be in an X-Wing. The F14 Tomcat of star wars [smile]

jeddah
01-23-2003, 04:28 PM
X-wing, of course. How could it be anything else? MF? SD? pshyeah.

Xwing all the way baby! :D

jeddah

good shot jansen
01-23-2003, 04:49 PM
star destroyer pshyeah?

honey, to me, the sd is star wars!

plus the mm star destroyer playset (action fleet sized i might add)(along the same lines as the rebel transport playset) is sooo cool to play with. i love the grappling hook crane with which to lower the tantive IV with through the sliding door docking port. a very nice stand in for the action fleet sd we'se never gonna git.

britcit3
01-23-2003, 05:54 PM
It has to be the Falcon......it just sums up Star Wars.

An absolute bucket of bolts that has NO CHANCE of winning..........but plays its part in destroying not 1, but 2, yeah 2, Death Stars.

This ships blows the Empire apart.

it is NOT the most aesthetically pleasing SW ship, but boy, does it kick a........, erm, bottom.

Cheers

BC3

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
01-23-2003, 06:25 PM
I'd have to say X-Wing.

stillakid
01-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by jeddah
pshyeah.

I've always wondered how to spell that. ;)

Gotta go with X-Wing, but it's kinda like voting for your favorite child. They're all good choices. :)

darthcarlos
01-24-2003, 02:56 AM
I would say that the Millennium Falcon is the ship that has always stood out for me.

Later

Darth Carlos

JediGoofy
01-24-2003, 11:06 AM
What about the TIE Fighter? :)

In the trilogy we see more TIE Fighters than any other ship. There are a lot of different models but you can always recognize they are TIEs. The TIE design is more uncommon than any other in the movies.

I actually love the Millennium Falcon and the X-wing, but I am always happy when a new TIE is produced (see AF TIE Defender, Lego Ultimate Collectors Series TIE Interceptor, and Mini Lego exclusive TIE Fighter).

I really like TIEs and among the AF classic trilogy vehicles the TIE Fighter is my favourite, so that is my vote. :D

Ciao,
JediGoofy

cloneemperor
01-25-2003, 10:19 PM
At the risk of sounding like everyone else I'd have to say the X-wing is THE iconic vehicle of Star Wars. Every kid who grew up with the original trilogy wanted to fly their own X-wing.

sergiurusu
01-26-2003, 04:29 AM
X-Wing or the TIE Fighter

haggie
01-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Falcon.

Glitch
01-27-2003, 08:05 PM
OK, now that the votes are in, I will give you the real answer: the Rancor.

Let me tell you why...duhhhh.

Anyway, my answer would be the Millennium Falcon.

It really comes down between the Falcon and the X-wing, but the Falcon plays the biggest role in all three films.

ANH

Falcon: It's the ship that kicks Luke's journey off, it's the ship that rescues the Princess, and it's the ship that makes it possible for Luke to destroy the Death Star. If it were not for the Falcon, disgruntled lmperial janitors would be pickin' "Bits o' Luke" off of the surface of the Death Star.

X-wing: It's the ship that Luke uses to destroy the first Death Star - only because the Falcon cleared the way....seriously. :)

ESB

Falcon: It's used throughout the ENTIRE film from start to the end credits. It's the primary setting in one of the film's sub-plots, it's in a REALLY cool asteroid scene, and was also the ship responsible for everyone's escape.

X-wing: Takes Luke to Dagobah and then to the Cloud City. It was left behind at the Cloud City when Luke was rescued by what ship? Yep. The Falcon. Oh, and the X-wing can't land properly, and gets stuck in the mud.

ROTJ

Falcon: Leads attack on the Death Star and destroys the Death Star.

X-wing: Takes Luke to see dead Muppet, and is also seen exploding quite a bit in the final battle.

Falcon wins! :)

JediTricks
01-27-2003, 09:38 PM
An X-wing did help take out the core of the DS2, but other than that I totally dig your assessment there Glitch. Plus, Lucas refers to the Falcon in the script as Han Solo's "pirateship", how cool is that? :D :cool: