PDA

View Full Version : Dooku in the teaser trailer

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 02:48 AM
Below (in the next 2 posts) are some attached shots of Count Dooku from the teaser trailer, I had to turn up the image brightness just to see the old guy and I wanted to share that with you all.

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 03:00 AM
Pic #1 here shows the last 2 frames of the "Obi-Wan in binders" scene. I noticed it this morning when I jacked my monitor up to the maximum, he just peeked his little head right out.

In order to simulate my monitor's maximum brightness, I had to use a photoshop tool called "equalize" which brings the darkest levels up to a higher brightness to match the rest of the image.

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 03:03 AM
You may recognize image #2 here, it's a few frames after a fairly recent starwars.com Episode II Select image. This is the first frame from the scene in the teaser trailer.

I faded the "equalize" a little because it was not as needed here. Mostly, this is just to show you Dooku's white hair and his crooked saber hilt in his hands.

Co Jo-Da
11-09-2001, 03:04 AM
Finally I got the teaser downloaded and that sure is Count Dooku walking in the room with Obi-Wan hanging in mid-air. SO VERY COOL...

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 03:09 AM
Glad you got to DL the trailer and see him CJD, I think it's pretty cool that these characters were squeezed into the trailer in little ways, I can't wait for the next trailer.

Co Jo-Da
11-09-2001, 03:23 AM
Well all you cool folks that have WORKING DVD-ROM's will get to see the next Trailer in a couple of hours... Please feel free to share:D

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Well all you cool folks that have WORKING DVD-ROM's will get to see the next Trailer in a couple of hours... Please feel free to share:D I don't even own a DVD player. :( Oh the shame!!! :cry:

Eternal Padawan
11-09-2001, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the enhanced images of Count Dooku, JT. I knew he was there, but now that I can actually SEE him , it rocks!

Jedi Clint
11-09-2001, 01:04 PM
Great work JT!! Thank you!

evenflow
11-09-2001, 03:07 PM
I feel your pain, i dont have a DVD or DVD-Rom. Very cool with the updates, keep them coming. :)

Co Jo-Da
11-09-2001, 03:53 PM
Please KEEP us in the LOOP...

evenflow
11-09-2001, 04:07 PM
I am flipping out right now, I want to watch the trailer.:eek: :stupid:

Co Jo-Da
11-09-2001, 05:53 PM
It's up now...TO BAD I CAN'T SEE IT......:mad:

Co Jo-Da
11-10-2001, 02:49 AM
Here he is:

http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/bilder/ep2teaserb/snap044.jpg

LTBasker
11-10-2001, 05:10 AM
Hmm... his cape size looks the same length as the guy fighting Anakin...

LTBasker
11-10-2001, 05:14 AM
Btw, on the Obi-Wan in binders issue, behind the alien with Anakin, Amidala is there behind the alien in her white tights suit chained up also.

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 10:56 AM
Glad to help out gang. Attached is a shot of Dooku from the DVD trailer, it's the same "Obi-Wan in energy binders" scene, but later in the scene so you can see more of him.

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 11:02 AM
Basker, the cape thing is because they're the same dude. My earlier shot, dooku2.jpg, shows the guy and a little of his unique saber hilt.

originally posted by LTBasker
Btw, on the Obi-Wan in binders issue, behind the alien with Anakin, Amidala is there behind the alien in her white tights suit chained up also.
The attached file on this post is that shot from the DVD trailer.

Co Jo-Da
11-10-2001, 01:00 PM
Man this trailer looks so cool...

Co Jo-Da
11-10-2001, 02:07 PM
Does Count Dooku have Force Lighting?

http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/bilder/ep2teaserb/snap040.jpg

I surely think so...Anakin gets to feel it before a massive crane falls on him...

Fulit
11-10-2001, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Does Count Dooku have Force Lighting?

http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/bilder/ep2teaserb/snap040.jpg

I surely think so...Anakin gets to feel it before a massive crane falls on him...

That will make the scene in ROTJ where Vader is watching Luke get Force Lightning-ed mean so much more.........

Co Jo-Da
11-10-2001, 04:08 PM
EXACTLY

LTBasker
11-10-2001, 04:54 PM
Who's says Dooku could have force lightning? Vader didn't. Maul didn't. It could very well be Darth Sidious. Btw, where is the ol' bag of bones? He's not in any of the trailers. Well, neither is Shmi, probably see them in trailer III.

Co Jo-Da
11-10-2001, 05:14 PM
OK, first of all Palpatine doesn't leave Coruscant in Episode II, not once. This scene is in the Geonosis Hangar where Anakin and Obi-Wan are fighting Count Dooku (Yoda shows up to) at the end of the film. If it is Palpatine showering Anakin with FORCE LIGHTING, he has got some serious range from Coruscant.:D

GNT
11-10-2001, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Btw, where is the ol' bag of bones? He's not in any of the trailers.

His in the 2nd trailer,in his office with Yoda,Padme etc... his over at the window :)

master jedi
11-10-2001, 10:56 PM
Force lightning is a dark force power so i guess all sith/dark jedi are able to use force lightning. Vaders personal favorite force power was the choke hold. Palpatines was the lightning.

I think it could very well be Dooku but am keeping an open mind. I could be wrong and it could be Palpatine shocking Anakin.

LTBasker
11-11-2001, 05:51 AM
How come everyone thinks Sidious is Palpatine? There's still no proof that he is. There's alot of proof that he isn't. Just because he's played by the same actor? Warwick Davis played a Tatooine guy and Wald in E1 and we never saw them together. Ah well, I'm not gonna get into another one of these discussions.

Darth Vader was awesome, not to mention a very powerful Sith Lord, if he can't use force lightning (which would've been useful on Han) then why should Dooku be able to if he's just a Count? I haven't heard of Dracula using force lighting. :D Heck, Maul could fight with a double bladed saber with ease and not chop his own legs off, but again, no force lightning.

Fulit
11-11-2001, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
How come everyone thinks Sidious is Palpatine? There's still no proof that he is. There's alot of proof that he isn't.

Oh, no, here we go. For the record, I am stating here and now, if it is discovered that Palpatine is not Sidious, I will personally eat my entire Star Wars toy collection. It is just so obvious!

LTBasker
11-11-2001, 12:46 PM
I ain't getting into it but I'm sticking to my guns and saying he's not Sidious unless it's said that he is in Episode II but I don't see how it's obvious just from the first scene! Sid talking to nute while Palpy is talking to Amidala, aye corumba, please don't mention recorded message stuff because that is highly unlikely. Anyways, this is an Episode II forum. Alright, anyways, Count Dooku couldn't have force lightning. He ain't even Darth Dooku. :D

Fulit
11-11-2001, 12:52 PM
I could be wrong, but I think it was revealed recently that Lucas himself said they were the same.

LTBasker
11-11-2001, 02:40 PM
Had that happened it probably would've been over alot of SW sites

Jedi Clint
11-11-2001, 03:13 PM
I believe it is from TPM DVD commentary track. Lucas says something in regards to Sidious appearance in hologram form in TPM. Something like, "That is how he first appeared in ESB". That is confirmation of Sidious' identity IMO.

Fulit
11-11-2001, 03:23 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I was talking about.

Co Jo-Da
11-11-2001, 03:38 PM
Count Dooku will make Darth Maul look like a girlyman. Darth Maul had the darkside and was a great swordsman but Dooku will be much more evil. Only a Master of Evil could use Force Lighting...

Fulit
11-11-2001, 03:56 PM
Definitely, definitely. Despite his rather silly name, Dooku will make Darth Maul look like a bulldog.

GNT
11-12-2001, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Definitely, definitely. Despite his rather silly name, Dooku will make Darth Maul look like a bulldog.

Maul is a gentle cat compared to Dooku :)

LTBasker
11-12-2001, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
I believe it is from TPM DVD commentary track. Lucas says something in regards to Sidious appearance in hologram form in TPM. Something like, "That is how he first appeared in ESB". That is confirmation of Sidious' identity IMO.

Did he say Darth Sidious? Or did he just say "That's how appeared in ESB" and said no name? C'mon, that could easily just mean that it has something to do with Palpatine and not Sidious, I heard Lucas say that line but, I don't remember him saying it was Sidious that was the hologram. Besides, I know Yoda said the dark side is hard to see, but if it is Palpy I doubt during Qui-Gon's funeral that all the Jedi there wouldn't of been able to sense the dark side right next to them. Ok, now I'm not gonna post anymore on this because this is an E2 forum and I'd rather not get into a full scale debate on this issue. Aight? :happy:

JediTricks
11-12-2001, 11:48 PM
I don't have the DVD, but I've seen several transcripts of the quote in question, and it's Lucas talking about Sidious when you see him as a hologram for the first time in Ep 1.

The 'Xir
11-13-2001, 01:48 AM
Hhhmmm.......
This is actually kinda interesting, or atleast brings up an interesting idea! What if, Lucas doesn't fully divulge Darth Sidiouss' identity in the prequels? Meaning, that the "secret" wouldn't be known until Empire, Because I would assume Palpatine is Emperor by the end of EpIII, and in ANH you hear Tarkin talk about the Emperor but you don't see him so you'd think Palps, but then in Empire you hear Piett talk of The Emperor, but then see Vader communicate with the figure of whom we would know to be Sidious!:eek: IF Lucas keeps his Identity secret... HHhhhmmmmm...
Imagine if Lucas did this, but had made the movies in order Ep1-6! Geez we woulda had to wait about 12 years till episode 5 just to discover a truth about the first movie! Doh! The horra of da thought of it all! :stupid:
Just an idea...