PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peak

DarthBrandon
01-22-2003, 06:16 PM
I just found a sneak peak pic of Coleman Trebor at http://www.scifiwarehouse.com/acatalog/Star_Wars_Wave_4.html I don't know if it's legit, but if it is, it sure looks cool.:D

Here's a pic

Beast
01-22-2003, 06:25 PM
It's a fake. Someone playing around in photoshop touched up the big picture of Coleman Trebor from StarWars.com. The news and the eventual correction circulated on POTF2.com and Rebelscum earlier this morning. :)

Eagle-eyed reader Chris reports that this is not a photo of the figure but an doctored version of the Coleman Trebor still image at Starwars.com.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/img/eu_bg.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-22-2003, 06:28 PM
Dang, I don't believe anyone could mistake that for being a figure.

DarthBrandon
01-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Oh well, one can never know now a days, thanks for the clarification JarJarBinks. I knew you would be first on the scene with the real scoop on what is what with Coleman.:D

Jargo
01-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Although it's probable that the final figure might have that pose. soon as i saw the pic originally at SW.com i thought hasbro would probably use it. it's a striking image and to use that pose would have it in keeping with all the other super posed arena Jedi figures. We only ever see Coleman sitting doing nothing or in a fighting stance so hasbro will do the fighting stance since it's visually more interesting and as loathe as i am to say it i agree with that choice. Coleman looks great in that half crouch karate style pose. I only pray he doesn't have a gimmick when we get to see his figure.

Beast
01-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Jargo, I can atleast assure you that Coleman will not have an action feature. He's a collection 2 figure. So while he may get the standard magnet and force effect stuff, no gimmicks are in his future. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
01-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Is collection 2 not safe from tinkering! magnets in collection 2? Actually i don't have any objections to the magnets provided they conceal them in the wrist end of the hand rather than the palm. The magnets in the palms of hands make the hand look bloated with gangrene or tetanus. Blueforceelectromakystuff i can live with even though it looks like jellybabies gone wrong. I just throw it in the trash anyway once i've disentangled the figure from it. All i hope for with coleman is the ability to have him stand and not topple over face forward, articulation in his arms for various fighting poses and a decent head sculpt. I'm planning on buying more than one to customise with for more of his race in my spaceport set up. I hope I'll be able to achieve it and he'll be one of the saving graces in the line up this year. As far as collection 2 goes i find it surprising that san hill and Shu Mai aren't anywhere in sight in the schedules. As a two pack they'd be a great collection 2 entry. He's skinny and tall and she's small and pixie like. Together they'd amount to the same plastic as one normal figure.

jjreason
01-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Looks cool, if it has a distraction feature I hope it's CURLING FINGERS "COME AND GET IT!!" TAUNTING ACTION!!!!!

Edit: Hold up, wait a minute. My post makes me sound like I still think that's the figure of Coleman. I know that it's not 'cuz I read the other posts (unusual for me, but this time I really did :D ). IF they make the figure like this, THEN I hope it has that feature.

On second thought, make that collection 2 and Ill be even happier.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-23-2003, 04:44 PM
I hope the figure isn't in an action pose with his cloak on. He was cloakless while in action, and he had it on every other time.:)

The Overlord Returns
01-23-2003, 04:55 PM
He was cloakless when He jumped up to the Balcony?

Beast
01-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
He was cloakless when He jumped up to the Balcony?
Yep, he's not wearing his cloak when he jumped up onto the balcony. I believe the picture of him with his hand extended and his cloak on, is from when he lit his saber in the arena. A lot of the Jedi's dumped their cloaks during the battle, so that the robe wouldn't be restrictive in combat. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
01-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Hey! A Jedi, whaddya know?!!

erm, yeah...cool...thanks for the clarifying pic.

Jargo
01-23-2003, 05:28 PM
Hope they don't do that dumb looking two handed pose. Never understood why Mr. Trebor just sttod there and took it in the chest. he gets to be on the Jedi high council and yet he's pretty dumb as warriors go. Look before you leap they say. He didn't listen and look what happened. let that be a lesson to us all if we ever have to defend a galaxy from a droid army invasion..... :rolleyes:

No seriously the robed action pose does look a mile better. He's going to be a big figure so they could give him a soft goods robe and articulation to achieve a two handed pose I guess but knowing hasbro he'll probably come with boring two handed grip that you push down on his head to make him slash or something. yeah I know JJB collection two figure....... yeesh can't a guy grumble in peace anymore? :p

He just has the best alien head. Next to pablo jill that is. pablo is just the ugliest alien yet. But pablo has that goofy leg thing going on. I have no hope for a Pablo figure though. Just don't see that one coming anytime soon.
I await Mr. Trebor with baited breath.......

SirSteve
01-23-2003, 11:47 PM
Funny how other web sites fell for it! ;)

hango fett
01-24-2003, 08:24 PM
i fell for it for about 2 seconds. then i noticed the lightsaber was looking pretty shooped up. "move along."
h