PDA

View Full Version : Not buying figures is not easy.

Darth Cruel
01-22-2003, 08:09 PM
I am on day 22 of my habit interuptus. The withdrawls are painful, make me alternate with the sweats and the chills, and make it hard to focus on goals.

Today I went to Target (I have a gift card that I am saving for the LOTR Twilight Ringwraith) and I walked away from an Ephant Mon and two Delux Clonetroopers with Speeder Bikes.

The way the withdrawls are affecting my mind even had me considering buying them just to scalp them on Ebay to get extra money to support my habit.

I think I need Betty Ford.

Jerjerrod
01-22-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
I walked away from an Ephant Mon and two Delux Clonetroopers with Speeder Bikes.

I didn't know it was possible for mankind to do that. :confused:

I feel for you man. It must be hard. :zzz:

Dark Knight
01-22-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
I am on day 22 of my habit interuptus. The withdrawls are painful, make me alternate with the sweats and the chills, and make it hard to focus on goals.

Today I went to Target (I have a gift card that I am saving for the LOTR Twilight Ringwraith) and I walked away from an Ephant Mon and two Delux Clonetroopers with Speeder Bikes.

The way the withdrawls are affecting my mind even had me considering buying them just to scalp them on Ebay to get extra money to support my habit.

I think I need Betty Ford.

That rough. If you need to buy something Pick me up the ephant Mon and a delx clonetrooper. PM me the total with shipping or if you need something let me know.:)

Jayspawn
01-22-2003, 11:42 PM
I hear ya Darth Cruel. I go on figure hiatus after I pay bills. It sucks big time. It effects you mentally and physically. :crazed:

jjreason
01-23-2003, 01:03 AM
You need an alter ego - someone like Norman Osborn's Green Goblin persona that can totally take over, leading the person to doing crazy things (dressing in green metal and flying over massive crowds throwing bombs, or buying Ephant Mons - Ill leave it up to you).

Speaking from limited experience, I can assure you it's quite liberating.:D

James Boba Fettfield
01-23-2003, 03:57 AM
What made you stop? Don't have the extra money to spend on it anymore or are you saving for something big like a house or somethin'?

Darth Cruel
01-23-2003, 07:00 AM
Hasbro quality.

OK. That is only part of it. I DID promise my fiancee that I would quit spending money on my collection until we save up enough money to build a house. That should be three years or so. And with the crap that Hasbro is releasing right now, it is a good time for it. I AM glad I got my Ephant Mon last year as the end of the year was the cutoff date.

And I have some extra stuff to trade just in case Hasbro releases a well made figure. But I don't hold out a lot of hope for that except in the 12" line.

James Boba Fettfield
01-23-2003, 12:10 PM
I can sympathize. My dad used to collect anything and everything related to The Terminator, Aliens, Predator, Star Trek, McFarland, Stargate, and whole lot of other things. I don't even know how many thousands of dollars were spent on things. I'm not sure what made him stop collecting like he did. I think it was the 6 kids he was raising that eventually made him stop. Good luck with that money saving, I remember when our family did the same thing. It was tough times not buying toys and such, but I think the house more than made up for it. So, again, good luck.

Darth Cruel
01-23-2003, 02:17 PM
I appreciate the encouragement. When the house is built, there WILL be a LOT of room to store and display my collection.

Prince Xizor
01-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Ouch Ouch Ouch. I know your pain Darth. Just yesterday I had to walkaway from the new Saga Tie Bomber at Walmart because I had to use the money I had to buy my girlfriends birthday present. It hurt, but I will get that thing some day.

Jayspawn
01-25-2003, 10:27 AM
I've been in that same delema before Prince Xizor. Part of you hurts inside. But it's worth it when you can get the present and find the Bomber later. :)

Val Da Car
02-01-2003, 03:58 PM
MMMMMy hand keeppss twwiiiccchhting.........

from the withdrawl.......

not I am search Ebay for vehicles to get the ones I missed...

Turbowars
02-09-2003, 11:33 AM
Hell I feel guilty when I buy SW crap, I always feel like something more important needs to be paid, like rent. Then a little voice in my head says. Forget rent and buy everything in sight.:evil:

Darth Cruel
02-09-2003, 12:53 PM
I am on day 40 now. The withdrawls have increased and my vision is blurring. It is getting harder to concentrate.

On the other hand...I do still go out looking and ran across the new 12" at TRU. All 4 0f them Leia Boussh, Geo. warrior, Padme, and Anakin. A buddy picked up Padme and Anakin for me and it relieved the withdrawls for a day or two. But they are back bigger and stronger tham before, now.

Fulit
02-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Not buying figures is real easy if:

You live in a place where the only figures that make it out go to scalpers.

You work 14 hours a day for so many days straight, you don't know what day it is. Hence, by the time you get a spare minute, all you want to do is snooze.

I am way behind in collecting. :(

Dr Zoltar
02-10-2003, 01:49 PM
I sympathize with you. I went to a comic con yesterday and passed on a $115 silver toy fair Vader. I had to decide on food for the month, or the silver Vader, and food won. ** Sigh ** I hope I don't regret passing on it. I actually started to get the shakes after leaving the con.

Prince Xizor
02-10-2003, 11:32 PM
I am so broke right now that I am passing up figures left and right. Again I had the opportunity to buy the Saga Tie, but I had to save money. Then there was the new Obi-Wan and Count Dooku. And then the army building wave of Lord Of The Rings. All this money for Valentines Day. I think the government sanctions holidays to screw with my head.