PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Nell Carter

Fulit
01-23-2003, 04:29 PM
I just read that Nell Carter died. I used to watch "Gimme A Break"all the time as a kid, little did I know it would spawn the short lived career of multi-talented superstar Joey Lawrence.

:cry: Poor Nell.

The Overlord Returns
01-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Wow, I loved that show when I was a kid.

Still, diabetes, a poor diet, and borderline obesity..........not to mention surviving a brain aneurysm..........one of those "just a matter of time" type things....

QLD
01-23-2003, 05:43 PM
Yeah, after seeing a lot of interviews with her, she was a good person. I was sad to hear this news today.

CloneTrooperMace
01-23-2003, 07:59 PM
I am Deeply sadden for what happened...

Old Fossil
01-24-2003, 12:48 AM
Oh, man, now I'm bummed. Hope she's in a better place & is at peace.

Tonysmo
01-24-2003, 03:23 AM
She had an awesome role in the movie HAIR, while short, she sang, and was great in it. Watch it in tribute.

tis a bummer.

jjreason
01-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Borderline? Nell was a big lady. My hat's off too, she made my childhood happy 30 min at a time, no doubt, but she was too big. It's sad that we see star after star go down too soon when weight is a factor (Belushi, Farley, and yes I know drugs often play a role as well), but this makes me take stock of my life and realize that I need to get a little more active.

Jedi Master Silas
01-27-2003, 05:49 PM
I loved her as a kid....so full of life and funny. She had one heck of a voice too. I feel for your adopted boys.....

JEDIpartner
01-28-2003, 08:01 PM
Nell Carter rocked everything she was a part of. "Gimme a Break" was such a marginal programme, but her presence made it magic. One of my favourite episodes was the one where she was trying to help her friend Angie (the dimwit) when Angie's landlord locked her out of her apartment.

Nell's voice soared and it came from her heart and soul. Pure joy... you are missed. :cry: