PDA

View Full Version : Super Battle-droid Maker is AWESOME!!!

JEDIpartner
01-23-2003, 06:49 PM
I just saw pictures of the Super Battledroid Maker... yeah... it's really a kid's toy... but the part of the Assembly line that connects to the Arena is AWESOME!

The section of Assembly-line is pretty chunky and looks like the "stamping" section. The Super Battledroid is pretty much a Super Battledroid figure with the upper body and head just being a frame. The way you make it is (I know, I know...) by placing it into the Assembly line and squashing some play-doh onto it. That's the only bad part. As far as being another piece to connect into the wonderfully expanding Arena set... it rocks the hizzy!

Beast
01-23-2003, 06:55 PM
Tycho and I were discussing the same thing. While the figure and the play idea will likely appeal only to kids (even though I may mess with it when I'm bored), the assembly line piece is cool as hell. Not only will it connect to the arena, but we have the pieces from the Deluxe C-3PO and Battle Droid, and Padme: Droid Factory as well. And rumor has it, there will be another piece with the Flying R2-D2. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-23-2003, 09:09 PM
*sniff, sniff*

What's that I smell? Ah yes! The merging of threads!:p

KingOfSting
01-23-2003, 10:08 PM
PREACH IT BROTHA MAN!!!!

Turbowars
01-23-2003, 11:17 PM
I'll pass on this one, but it is cool.

JEDIpartner
01-24-2003, 09:12 AM
Where is the original thread? Ah, well... who cares if it gets merged.

That piece is gonna rock!

LTBasker
01-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
That piece is gonna rock!

Or when the molding stuff is left exposed to air it'll be a rock. :crazed:

carnifexold1eye
01-25-2003, 02:57 PM
I don't like the idea of Playdoh mixing with my figures. When i heard a Super Battle Droid maker, i thought it was going to come with new parts to make your own frankenstein battledroid.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2003, 03:12 PM
I was hoping for that as well, but you know... I'll never use that "Quick Steel" stuff anyhow... I just like the concept. And did I mention that the Assembly line piece is cool????!!!!

LTBasker
01-25-2003, 07:15 PM
I wish the molding machine was a little taller though so you could have Anakin or Padme ducking under it.

One thing that would've been a minor plus for this set is if the right wrist had been turned over so a battling pose.

JEDIpartner
01-26-2003, 10:17 AM
You know the arguement there is that it's being manufactured... not in battle... LOL

I agree... the unit could have been made a little taller, but it's still something cool to add to the arena playset! :happy:

Tycho
01-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Do you think that is as tall as it gets? Or could it be made any taller?

A suggestion if that answer is no, but the top and bottom halves come apart: on Screen Scenes and Cinema Scenes that you might open - or even some 12" use these - the clear plastic tubes - or even clear drinking straws might work, come to think of it - could be used to expand the height so Padme can run under it.

Still, the assembly line diorama is not as good as it could be.

Here's why:

Piece 1 - Padme's running board stand - can go anywhere....ok.

Piece 2 - Arena Playset cutter, stomper, saw - can go anywhere, ok.

Piece 3 - C-3PO deluxe - this makes BD's - not super BD's. It's nice to buy 2 of them to use together, though. Then you can have 3P0 and droid-switch figures in your arena battle and in your droid factory at the same time. (Get a Geonosian Accessory set to give you an extra 'normal droid' to match your set's droid color with)

Piece 4: - The SuperBD maker kit - this piece makes SBD parts. While I suppose you could pretend it didn't...

WHAT ORDER DO YOU PUT THESE THINGS IN TO MAKE ANY SENSIBLE ASSEMBLY LINE???

JEDIpartner
01-28-2003, 08:48 AM
However you feel like it... it's a toy and what's in the movie isn't real either.

p.s.- there is no Santa Claus...

;)

187-Maul
01-28-2003, 02:26 PM
why doesn't habsro release a Droid Factory deluxe building set? with a curved piese and two straight ones with some machinery attached to it, that would be cool and could have a lot of playability

stillakid
01-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
WHAT ORDER DO YOU PUT THESE THINGS IN TO MAKE ANY SENSIBLE ASSEMBLY LINE???

Uh, let me go check the video gam...er, ah...the movie to check. ;)

PloKoon2385
01-29-2003, 06:57 PM
I'll buy it. It does look kinda neat, but I was wondering, is the arena playset worth buying??

Tycho
01-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Here we go again...:rolleyes:

Stillakid, dare I ask why there is something wrong with Padme running through a gauntlet that might resemble something from SuperMarioBros. or also lend itself to some new LucasArts game called SuperHandmaidenSisters or something?

There was a lot of story told in Episode 2. So what if the movie picks up the adrenaline levels in that scene. I love the droid factory part of the movie!

With my DVD, I sometimes skip to that part just to watch.

Beast
01-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Agreed with Tycho. I thought those Droid Factory scenes were very cool as well. The only thing that it seems to resemble to me, is one of those large car factory assembly lines. With the robotic arms. It's not like those are based on a video game. :rolleyes: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks