PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here also frequent the DC Message Boards??

The Overlord Returns
01-24-2003, 11:10 AM
And if so, what's your user name there?

For the record, I am Kryptons Gate.

Porcelina
01-28-2003, 07:46 PM
I do.....;)

The Overlord Returns
01-29-2003, 01:25 PM
lol......

;) indeed.....

jjreason
01-31-2003, 10:28 PM
Since Im a huge Marvel Geekboy, the answer is: no.

You might ask yourself, why did he post?

Just to let y'all know that my friends and I called DC "Dumb Comics" when we were little.

DC. Dumb Comics. Get it?

:p

Now to make amends.... Jim Lee and Jeph Loeb are doing very nicely on Batman. There. :D

Porcelina
02-01-2003, 12:28 AM
lol... thanks for spelling that out, jjreason :p

one word.... POOHEAD!!!!

:D

jjreason
02-01-2003, 11:19 PM
Im happy you took that as a joke.... :) ......

Im not so sure about my fellow Canucklehead TOR, as he hasn't chimed back in yet. I guess it's all what you're used to. I know DC has tons of interesting stuff going on, I do get quite a few Wildstorm books (but am not really caught up reading anything except Astro City and Planetary which finally start again in March and April).

Are those forums interesting? Can I get in off the main DC site? Maybe I'll go lurk a little......

Porcelina
02-02-2003, 09:37 PM
i'm sure TOR has a sense of humour... or, at least, we can always hope ;) besides, i'm actually a fellow..erm..."canucklehead" too...hehee

to be honest, i'm not the biggest dc fan, either..... but the boards can be quite interesting... unfortunately, they don't have a "general" or "other" section like here, so they tend to remove any threads unrelated to dc quite quickly.... but while they last, they're pretty good :)

check it out... www.dccomics.com message boards..........

jjreason
02-03-2003, 04:34 AM
I will....and am right....now.
Thanks.

The Overlord Returns
02-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
Im happy you took that as a joke.... :) ......

Im not so sure about my fellow Canucklehead TOR, as he hasn't chimed back in yet. I guess it's all what you're used to. I know DC has tons of interesting stuff going on, I do get quite a few Wildstorm books (but am not really caught up reading anything except Astro City and Planetary which finally start again in March and April).

Are those forums interesting? Can I get in off the main DC site? Maybe I'll go lurk a little......

Actually JJ, I'm not a supporter of either company. I'm a fan of the medium, and I judge each book on it's own merit. Personally, I think both companies usually walk around with their heads up their...well...you know ;)

I frequent the dc boards because it provides a nice cross section. Imn fact, there are more marvel fans there at times than dc fans.....just a good place to talk about comics....

jjreason
02-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Weird that there's not a link to a Marvel forum from their main site (at least not when I last visited - within the past couple of days). I tried to go last pm, but my computer wouldn't load it for some reason. Off to try again.....

Porcelina
02-04-2003, 09:09 AM
from what i've heard, marvel *used* to have forums/message boards, but when they revamped their site a few months ago, they didn't bother to install them again.....

probably why, as overlord mentioned, there are also a lot of marvel fans on the dc message boards.... poor bastiches had nowhere else to go! ;)

jjreason
02-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Hehehehe......

I tried to register there, but *gasp* "We are not accepting new members at this time." was my reply. Well I never.

Don't they know I'm like, cool or something? Jeez.

Do you guys hang around any other comic themed message boards?

The Overlord Returns
02-04-2003, 09:58 AM
That's an odd turn of events........

I've perused the Joe Quesada boards....and I used to frequent Warren Ellis and Mark Millars boards.......haven't in a while though.

jjreason
02-04-2003, 10:05 AM
I've poked around at WarrenEllis too. Lots of crying and excuses going down around that place. I support him, though, as I try to put family first as well. Nice to see him cranking out a few books again, and fairly regular as well. Best of all, Planetary 16 to ship this April! Do you guys read Astro City? Kurt Busiek has it up and running again as of this month as well!! :cool: