PDA

View Full Version : 2003 SAGA figures revised list

Darth Trymybestus
01-24-2003, 03:37 PM
This is quoted from www.theforce.net

Star Wars 2003 Revision
Fri, Jan 24, 03 05:36:59 AM EST
Judging by the information below, this appears to be an updated version of similar lists that have already shown up on the Internet. While no information outside of official postings at the Hasbro website or StarWars.com should be considered "confirmed", we regard the source of this material as "highly reliable."

Of particular interest are the addition of several new items (italicized), and a notation that the Tatooine Homestead 3-pack has been dropped in favor of a possible second Jedi Council set.

ACTION FIGURES - Collection 1:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Aklay Battle)
Mace Windu (Arena Confrontation)
Darth Tyranus (Geonosian Escape)
Anakin Skywalker (Mechanical Arm)
Boba Fett (Pit of Carkoon)
R2-D2 (Flying)
Han Solo (Hoth Gear)
Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt)
Luke Skywalker (Return of the Jedi)
Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi)
Snowtrooper (Empire Strikes Back)

CLONE WARS:
Clonetrooper
Anakin Skywalker
Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
Sith Witch
Yoda (with Hover Chair)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot)
Mace Windu
Clone Wars Figure - TBD
Clone Wars Figure - TBD

ACTION FIGURES - Collection 2:
Padme Amidala (Droid Factory Chase)
SP-4 & JN-66 (Research Droids)
Tusken Raider (with Removable Head)
Lama Su & Clone Boy
Aayla Secura with Super Articulation
Bariss Offee (Jedi Padawan)
Yoda with Padwan Jedi
Alien Padwan Jedi 2-pack
Padme Wedding Dress
Wat Tambor
Colman Trebor
Waitress Droid
Faytonni Cantina Alien
Darth Sidious
Bail Organa
McQuarrie Stormtrooper
Padme in Tatooine Travel Outfit
Imperial Dignitary

DELUXE FIGURES:
Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino)
Flying Jango Fett (Kamino)
Commerce Guild Spider Droid
Droid Factory with Super Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid Launcher
Clonetrooper 3-pack
Battle Droid 3-pack
Jedi Knight 3-pack
Geonosian Cannon
Mandalorian Bounty Hunter (Gendi) with Speeder Bike
Clone Commander with Speeder Bike

SAGA SCENE PACK ASSORTMENT:
A New Hope: Trash Compactor Luke and Han
A New Hope: Trash Compactor Leia and Chewbacca
Jedi Council (3 figures)
Genosian War Room (3 figures)
Jedi Council (3 figures) REFRESH (replaces Tatooine Homestead)
Hoth Wompa Attack

SPEEDER VEHICLE ASSORTMENT:
Anakin with Tatooine Swoop
Dooku with Geonosian Speeder

VEHICLE ASSORTMENT:
Geonosian Fighter
Bank Clan Droid - Wheel Tank
Jedi Starfighter (Redeco)
Trade Federation Tank
Anakin’s Jedi Starfighter

ACTION FLEET ASSORTMENT:
Republic Gunship
Classic Slave One (Updated to Jango Fett's Slave I)
Troop Transport Federation
Walker Droid
Anakin Speeder
Zam Speeder
Jedi Starfighter
A-Wing Fighter
Mon Calamari Starcruiser
Star Destroyer
Death Star

UNLEASHED ASSORTMENT:
Slave Leia
Vader Redux
Luke Skywalker
Darth Sidious
Obi Wan Kenobi (Episode II)
Yoda
Boba Fett
Han Solo

12” FIGURE ASSORTMENT:
Padme Amidala
Anakin with Slashing Saber
Geonosian Warrior
Han Solo with Quick Draw
Lando (Skiff Guard Disguise)
AT-ST Driver
Luke Skywalker with Slashing Saber
Biker Scout
Ewok 2-pack
Yoda (with chair & accessories)

OTHER ITEMS:
Electronic Lightsabers
Republic Gun Ship with More Fire Power
Interactive Jedi Training Lightsaber
Episode II Interactive R2-D2

At this point there's no telling exactly what on this list is still valid, or has been revised yet again, only that at one point this appears to be what Hasbro was looking at for the 2003 line. With Toy Fair around the corner and the possibility that the Hasbro Team will make another tour of the summer conventions, it will be interesting to watch and see which items are officially announced throughout the year.

I'm interested in the Clone Wars assortment... a Sith Witch?! I wonder what that will look like? Maybe like some of those concept Darth Maul drawings?
Another Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot?
And also.. it mentions Mandalorian Bounty Hunter, is this still Jango Fett? Or because he's dead... is it just a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter???

I'm interested in these 2... Padme in Tatooine Travel Outfit, Imperial Dignitary.
I wonder if this is the Padme outfit that she goes to visit Watto in when she goes with Anakin to ask about Shmi?

In the vehicle assortment... Anakin's Jedi Starfighter?! I wonder if that's to do with the Clone Wars?

Faytonni Cantina Alien? Seems like we might get this figure carded? that'll be one for the collectors.

Jedi Council (3 figures) REFRESH (replaces Tatooine Homestead), it looks like we'll end up with the entire Jedi Council soon!:)

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter (Gendi) with Speeder Bike
Clone Commander with Speeder Bike.
Ok, what on earth is Gendi?! I'm excited about getting a Clone Commander finally!

Man, so many questions... where's JarJarBinks?! :D :crazed:

JangoFart
01-24-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm excited about all the new goodies coming out. However, finding them will be a whole 'nother story. Yesteryears and other on-line folks are the only place to find these suckers nowadays.

J

Beast
01-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Some intresting changes. A few comments for each item that is covered in the list. This may be a little long winded. ;) :)

Figures: - We knew about Collection 1 already. So no suprises there. As for the Clone Wars sub-line, hopefully the CloneTrooper is a newly sculpted basic white version. Anakin is supposed to be a pilot version, from what I've read. I'll reserve judgement on the Mandalorian and Sith Witch, depending on what sort of concept they use for both. I don't think Yoda will come with his hover chair, as it's supposed to come with the one that's packed with the padawan. Hopefully the new Obi-Wan, if it is a pilot version, will have a more accurate head sculpt. Mace Windu may finally please some fans, who want a decent Mace.

Collection 2 looks promising. And I'm glad it proves I was right, that the original info about Padme: Tatooine Outfit was just released to early. That she is coming, just not before the Wedding Gown version. It says the Travel Outfit, so it's probably the bare midriff white/soft blue version with the cape. Hopefully the Imperial Dignitary info is correct. But I want both starring versions of these charecters. We'll probably get the one that was pictured in the polls though, not the vintage version.

Deluxe Figures: - Nothing to new here, info wise. The Mandalorian Bounty Hunter and Clone Commander with Speeder Bikes should be cool. Hopefully the Clone Commander is the yellow version, and not some EU version. The Mandalorian again I will refrain from commenting on, til I see the designs. :)

Vehicles: - Not much new here. The Jedi Starfighter (redeco) will probably be the version with the hyperdrive ring that is rumored. Anakin's Jedi Starfighter is probably a repainted or modified regular Jedi Starfighter. You know Ani, he has to mess with vehicles and make them better. I'm going to guess that Ani's Jedi Starfighter is from the Clone Wars sub-line. :)

Screen Scenes: - I like the idea that we're going to get more then one Jedi Set. But I hope that they will still make the Tatooine Homestead Set. I need my Owen lars, Beru Whitesun, and Cligg Lars w/ Hoverchair figures. Hopefully it's still on the way, even if delayed for a bit. As for the Council Sets, I hope they end up doing 4 of them, so we can have the entire council. They should base it on the E1 Council though. As I'd rather have Yareal Poof and Yaddle that can sit, then another Coleman Trebor and Shaak Ti. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
01-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Note that there is no Gamorrean Guard listed on the 12" section.

This list is highly suspect. It was not headlined on either SSG or GalacticHunter, probably the 2 most reliable sites for this kind of reporting. I take anything like this with a grain of salt, especially if RS and TF.N post it as News and as "Highly Reliable." The fact that they have to point out that the source is "Highly Reliable" is in itself an indication of their unreliability.:zzz:

Beast
01-24-2003, 11:24 PM
There is no exclusives at all on the list, except for the Trash Compactor Sets. And those are still rumored to be getting a general release down the road. So that doesn't prove it's not reliable. Other then a few changes and some minor info tweaks, it's pretty much the same list from the last 2 times. I would say that it was reliable, but I wouldn't rule out anything from the old lists either, that doesn't appear on this one. After all, people doubted the Galactic Hunter lists at the start, and those so far are panning out almost totally. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks