PDA

View Full Version : Saga = JUNK!! (merged)

rherk
01-24-2003, 11:28 PM
Man, you gotta be kidding me! It all looks like garbage! The only figures that look good thus far for 2003 are the little jedis and yoda. I can't express in words how frustrating this is!! I can't take any more of this. Forget this. I'm going off to find another friggin hobby.

Mod Note: Changed some wording that was not approperate.
DA

Beast
01-24-2003, 11:31 PM
Cool, more for us. Have fun!! ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
01-24-2003, 11:32 PM
The Dignitary sounds promising. But I'm with you. At least in 2004 we get Dodonna and Cap. Antilles. Can't wait for those two.

rherk
01-24-2003, 11:34 PM
Why on earth does he have only one jointed knee? For christs sake, make it all or nothing! It looks soooo stupid. Arghhh, Hasbro, you stink!!

Mod Note: Changed a few words that were not approperate.
DA

plo koon 200
01-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Just to annoy you.

Beast
01-24-2003, 11:41 PM
How lovely, [EDITED]. How nice and politically correct of you. Boba Fett doesn't appear to have any learning disabilities to me. Maybe you could have kept your overly insensitve comments in your original **** and moan thread, with the equally rude topic header. But then you couldn't have made a specticle of yourself. :rolleyes: :p

For your info, the leg has a joint there so it can be bent and placed in the poistion like it was seen in Return of the Jedi. When Boba flew and landed on the Skiff, his one leg was bent back some. So instead of making a figure that couldn't stand up, and just was a statue. They gave it the extra leg joint. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mod Note; Edited derogatory word.
DA

rherk
01-24-2003, 11:45 PM
Ya know Jar Jar, I don't know you. I'm sure you are a nice guy and everything and I do from time to time enjoy your insight and comments. However, sometimes I get the impression that Hasbro pays you off to most always defend them. Look, I know that we are all Star Wars fans here and we all love toys and yada yada yada but I have a real hard time believing that you are truly satisfied with the product that Hasbro is churning out. We are all entitled to our own opinions but I think you may be clouded a bit by the darkside.

rherk
01-24-2003, 11:52 PM
Maybe you should think before you make assumptions or at least do your research. [EDITED] does not necessarily refer to a living creature. Seriously, take a look in the dictionary if ya got one.

I'm not here to insult specific people. Just voice an opinion about StaR wARS TOYS. Just like you. You choose to defend Hasbro for what they are producing and I am taking a stand and expressing my dissatisfaction. Hopefully more will do the same.

Mod Note; Removed derogatory word.
DA

Banthaholic
01-24-2003, 11:57 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=retarded
re·tard·ed ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-tärdd)
adj.
Often Offensive. Affected with mental retardation.
Occurring or developing later than desired or expected; delayed

Beast
01-24-2003, 11:59 PM
Actually, threads have been deleted and people warned for using that word in the past. It's offensive to people with learning difficulties. Just like saying a figure was ***, it doesn't fly. It's downright ignorent, rude, and assinine.

Voice your opinion, but actually offer one. Try somthing beyond the buzzwords to voice your displeasure. Hasbro isn't going to take anyones comments seriously, if they contain that sorts of crap. :p :)

By the way, you said to check the dictionary. You may want to take your own advice. [EDITED] doesn't mean somthing is bad or sucks. Just like the word *** doesn't. Learn to show some respect for words. Thanks for beating me to it, Banthaholic. Your dictionary puts it a lot more bluntly. :)

Main Entry: 1re·tard
Pronunciation: ri-'tärd
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French retarder, from Latin retardare, from re- + tardus slow
Date: 15th century
transitive senses
1 : to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment : IMPEDE
2 : to delay academic progress by failure to promote
intransitive senses : to undergo retardation
synonym see DELAY
- re·tard·er noun

Main Entry: re·tard·ed
Pronunciation: ri-'tär-d&d
Function: adjective
Date: 1895
: slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mod Note: Removed derogatory word. Kept Dictonary referances in b/c they are referance . . .wow, that's redundant.
DA

rherk
01-25-2003, 12:05 AM
Look, I understand your point. I can't control other peoples sensitivity or misunderstanding. who are we to say what is offensive and what is not. I simply used a word to express how I felt. I see nothing wrong with this.

I guess I will have to accept the fact we live in an uptight society and I'm sorry to affend you and any other reader but seriously give me a break! Were talkin Star Wars toys. That is all. nothing more, nothing less.

Beast
01-25-2003, 12:09 AM
God, I wish they would pay me. But no, I just enjoy the toys and have everything from 1995 til today. Used to have a rather large vintage collection as well, but as soon as the new stuff came out, the old stuff lost it's coolness. Action features and poses asside, still better then a lot of the stuff from 1995-1999. :)

If your not happy with collecting, then quit. Why torture yourself, when you could make another collector happy because they got the figures that you would have. Someone who does like what they are buying. Like I said, more for us. And have fun with whatever hobby strikes your fancy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Spinosaurus2004
01-25-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by rherk
Man, you gotta be kidding me! It all looks like garbage! The only figures that look good thus far for 2003 are the little jedis and yoda. I can't express in words how frustrating this is!! I can't take any more of this. Forget this. I'm going off to find another friggin hobby.

I suggest beating it or watching the Red Wings. This means its easier for me to find figs tho with one less person lookin for them! Good times!

Mod Note: Had to change a word in the quote that was changed in the post by me and now your really confused, right??? Oh boy!
DA

Beast
01-25-2003, 12:13 AM
You can control yourself, and you should know better. It's ignorent, rude, and insensitive to make comments like that. You should know what's offensive, would you say that an item was [EDITED] or use an equally insensitve slur next to someone you didn't know in public? God I hope not, if so I fear for the future of the human race. Just cause we're talking about toys here, doesn't make it all peachy keen. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mod Note: Removed derogatory word . . . again.
DA

rherk
01-25-2003, 12:19 AM
Come on! give me a break! Who are you? Mr. Moral. I say [EDITED]. You say [EDITED]. Don't tell me what's right and what's wrong and whats "politically correct"! I don't live by your moral code! I'm not killing or stealing here! I called an action figure [EDITED]!!!

Mod Note: Removed offensive words.
DA

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-25-2003, 12:36 AM
sweet monkey, mods, please shut this thread down!!!! (JMG waves arms frantically signaling for help) :D

carnifexold1eye
01-25-2003, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I'm with Jar Jar on this one, If so many people are disgused with the hobby, how come figures are so hard to find? You don't like it, don't buy it. It's like when there is something on Tv that offends you, do you watch it? No, you change the channel. So you're disgusted with the figures, don't buy them. I know i would save a lot of money if i stopped, however, I am more or less happy with them. Don't forget, a lot of these figures are made form a 20+ year movie, what company does that? This isnt personal attack on anyone, so don't take it that way, it's just that for so many people who claim to love collecting, all anyone does is complain. I am also very surprised to find someone who likes the modern better then the vintage. I also agree with JarJar on this one. I had some vintage but you cant compare it to the new stuff. It's like comparing the original 8 bit nes to the gamecube.

bobafrett
01-25-2003, 12:57 AM
I had brain surgery when I was 8. I was left with a limp on my right side. Throughout my time at school people would call me a [EDITED], and that hurt. I even lost a job, after someone was making fun of the way I walked, and I ended up confronting him about it. Can't you just change the title of this thread?

Mod Note: bobafrett, I know you were using it as an example, but I still had to remove it.
DA

DarthBrandon
01-25-2003, 01:12 AM
I have to agree with JarJarBinks on this matter, sure we all have complaints about things here and there, I myself have grown tired of the silly gimmicks and super wonder poses, but I still keep buying them. I have said I would pass on this and pass on that but the bottom line is I usually buy it if I want it and don't if I do not want it. Example: When Palpatine Supreme Chancellor first came out I passed on him twice and thought I would never see him again, well today I found him at the toy store and decided he was coming home this time. The only reason I bought him was for the detail (paint app) that was put into him, I normally don't buy figures that are salt and pepper shakers. Different stroke for different folks, most of us hate silly gimmicks and figures that don't bend at the knees or arms that don't turn/bend, but we keep buying them anyways just for the passion that is involved in the hobby itself. I bet if you ask JarJarBinks (nicely) a few questions on what he likes or dislikes about the new figures he'll probably tell you. I'm pretty sure he doesn't like everything he sees, as do most of us. IMO I just buy or leave it, it's that simple.:D

P.S. That Palpatine figure I picked up today is slowly starting to become one of my favorites of the line, pepper shaker or not.

Beast
01-25-2003, 01:26 AM
Cool Brandon. No, I don't like everything. I have problems with the line, like anyone else. But the good outweighss the bad every time. I even like the some of the gimmicks, as long as they work well and are only a small button. :)

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine is my #1 figure of 2002. Even over Ephant Mon. The intricate detailing and the fine job they did on the paint is great. I know it's a salt shaker, but I don't think he would have looked as good done any other way. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jerjerrod
01-25-2003, 01:48 AM
Palpatine was also a must have for me. I had to order him from Toymaniacs, just to get him sooner, along with 5 other figures.

Now, of course, as always, he's found in TRU's all over Canada.
Dope! :mad: :D

I think rherk was just trying to see if anybody agreed with him about his opinions, not to pick a fight. Can we all just make up, because I don't want to see these arguments in every thread. :)

Lord Malakite
01-25-2003, 01:53 AM
Action has been taken.

AmanaMatt
01-25-2003, 01:53 AM
Ok guys, I have to go opposite Jar Jar here. I am as positive as most can be here and rarely, rarely post anything negative. I do hugely enjoy the hobby and am not quiting. However, I am being much more selective with what I add to the COLLECTION as of late.

The reason: The saga line is, IMO only, a huge - huge disappointment and I really feel that Hasbro has dropped the ball time and again with this line. Action features are killing the enjoyment and have ruined many a fig. There are some excellent pieces, including the new T. Raider, which is super awsome, even without leg articualtion. But, that does not excuse the dribble we usually get, including what will be a potetially huge loser, the upcoming Fett if that backpack tradegy happens with the final piece.

Bring back the POTJ line!!! We are not sheep, and people should not love everything blindly - I am not finger pointing - but, this current line is really starting to kinda suck.

Banthaholic
01-25-2003, 01:57 AM
I don't think any of us are looking for a fight, just defending common sense

DarthBrandon
01-25-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Cool Brandon. No, I don't like everything. I have problems with the line, like anyone else. But the good outweighs the bad every time. I even like the some of the gimmicks, as long as they work well and are only a small button. :)

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine is my #1 figure of 2002. Even over Ephant Mon. The intricate detailing and the fine job they did on the paint is great. I know it's a salt shaker, but I don't think he would have looked as good done any other way. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah. I hear you JarJarBinks, what everyone should do is stop and think hey what if there were no S.W. toys to collect. Hasbro has come along way from the vintage days and from the beginning of the new line. Sure I despise some of the action features and the one pose wonders along with my other pet peeve that I think everyone knows what it is by now. But the fact of the matter is you either buy it or leave it where you found it. I passed on several of the Saga figures initially, i.e. (Bespin Chewie, Han Endor, Palpy and Orn) but ended up buying them anyways, only to be really satisfied after I got them out of their plastic prisons.
I know we all gripe over the same things all the time and that's only because we would like Hasbro to listen and take note of what we want. Sure it's hit and miss, but for the most part they keep us coming back for more, why else would it be so hard to find a lot of the figures. I'm still looking for Ephant Mon and Destroyer droid to complete what I wanted from the 2002 Saga line, after that it's off to 2003.

P.S. I agree with you about Palpy, until you get him home and out of the blister card, you can't tell how awesome he really is. One of the best figures of all time IMO. Thanks for reminding me about how good he is a while back, I can't remember the thread, but it was discussed. :D

Beast
01-25-2003, 02:08 AM
I'd rather have action poses and gimmicks, then no figures. Or figures like the vintage line. Sure they were cool for their time, but Hasbro makes a hell of a lot better product now then they ever did. I think they'll slowly phase out the action features, but with so much lead time between design and production we'll problem get them until mid-way thru the year.

Yeah, a lot of people complained about Bespin Chewie at the time. And he's one of the coolest figures of the line as well, in my opinion. Endor Han has a couple faults, but atleast the button is hidden. And Orn Free Taa just plain rocks.

Glad you like Palpy. It's a great figure, really movie accurate, and Hasbro put a lot of love in him. He may not be a fan favorite or a kid favorite figure. But many of us old timers really like the quality put into him. Hope they produce his Senate Speech outfit also. Man, that's an obscure charecter costume change. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
01-25-2003, 02:12 AM
I believe I posted yesterday on this topic
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17277&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

DarthBrandon
01-25-2003, 02:54 AM
I'd rather have action poses and gimmicks, then no figures. Or figures like the vintage line. Sure they were cool for their time, but Hasbro makes a hell of a lot better product now then they ever did. I think they'll slowly phase out the action features, but with so much lead time between design and production we'll problem get them until mid-way thru the year.

Yeah, a lot of people complained about Bespin Chewie at the time. And he's one of the coolest figures of the line as well, in my opinion. Endor Han has a couple faults, but at least the button is hidden. And Orn Free Taa just plain rocks.

Glad you like Palpy. It's a great figure, really movie accurate, and Hasbro put a lot of love in him. He may not be a fan favorite or a kid favorite figure. But many of us old timers really like the quality put into him. Hope they produce his Senate Speech outfit also. Man, that's an obscure character costume change. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, I hear you; I hope you're right about the action features being phased out. That would be a nice thing to happen for the kids and the collectors.

I thought Endor Han had some faults as well, but for the scene I'm going to place him in, well it can be ignored.

I really hope we get another Palpy of some sort in the future, Senate Speech outfit would be nice only if they put the effort into him that they did with the Supreme version.

P.S. If you see an Ephant Mon in your travels let me know I'll gladly take it off your hands. :D

Beast
01-25-2003, 03:03 AM
Still looking for one myself, man. That and Yoda: Jedi High Council still elude my grasp. But soon they shall be mine. Heck, I can't even find the Luke and Han Trash Compactor Set yet. Found Chewbacca and Leia already. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
01-25-2003, 03:18 AM
I feel your pain, but a thread like this isn't going to help matters at all. While I have been disappointed in many of the figures in the Saga line, there are a few gems.

I think my dislike of the saga line also has to do with my dislike of the prequels as well, since their characters are now a majority of the figures. But the action features bother me a lot. While I don't mind the extreme poses too much (since I don't play with them), I guess I do prefer neutral characters with maximum poseability.

My new years resolution was to not buy any figures I didn't really want, and so far it has made me feel pretty good. I have only bought one SW figure so far, that being the clone pilot (since I already have the gunship, and it is a cool figure). I passed on the High Council Yoda, Destroyer Droid, and others.

I have been purchasing the much superior Lord of the Rings and Marvel Legends figures though, and am enjoying that in the mean time. Eventually, the line will either come around, and start producing more high quality figures, or my interest will wane completely. Either way, I win.

mark2d2
01-25-2003, 06:07 AM
I feel for the most part I have been relentlessly upbeat about the line. Heck I was even gaga over the Cantina packs that so many people despised.

But lately I am just so utterly bored but what is being offered. I can't even get mad any more. The ENTIRE line up for the ENTIRE year is just one big yawn. Seriously. Boring.

The only things I'm interested in so far are:

Cantina Packs (Wave two) (oh, right, technically this is from last year.)
Sand People w/ removable head
Imperial Dignitary
TIE FIGHTER (if and ONLY IF it's been retooled)

And of course the now forever mythical SAND CRAWLER. But thank my lucky stars I can get a rehash of EVERY known vehicle that I already bought at clearance prices . . .

GET A CLUE, HASBRO!!!! I haven't found anything to buy in months! The last thing I picked up was Slave 1 --- which I only got to get the really cool 25th R2-D2 (By the way, no sarcasm here, I really thought this figure was fun and neato especially the retro packaging. :) ) But now I see the Slave 1 on clearance everywhere, and that's frankly, more than a little annoying.

As far as you guys not finding figs, that's a mystery to me. I'm sure not buying 'em. The problem is --- neither are the stores. Everybody just seems to have massively lost interest in Star Wars toys . . .

What happened? The line used to be so cool back in the POTJ days. And now it's just gets worse and worse with each consecutive wave. Actions Features, generic rehashes of characters that have been done to death already! We've gotten how many Jangos and yet they haven't even bothered to give us the on that would actually have been interesting. The Jango/apartment/pajamas figure. Now, so much time has passed. I don't even want this guy anymore.

When Hasblah can't even come up with a decent Padme --- it's not getting pathetic. It's beyond pathetic.

I dunno. I guess that maybe I'm just over Star Wars. Depressing thought.
Maybe I just need to take a break from the line and hope things get better.:dead:

Jaff
01-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Amanamatt said that hasbro is droping the ball, and mark2d2 has stated that hasbro is shoveling out boring stuff. They are right. I adore star wars. There is nothing more nostalgic or personal to my youth than getting a new figure. I intend to still collect for years to come since I'm an old vet at this, but I am increasingly disappointed with each announcement.

I'd rather have action poses and gimmicks, then no figures. Or figures like the vintage line. Sure they were cool for their time, but Hasbro makes a hell of a lot better product now then they ever did.

Jar Jar you've had many interesting insights on several sights and I often look forward to reading comments from you like several other common forum buds. However I'm really in disagreement with this line. Back in 98 do you remember the slide waves. All the collectors were going ga-ga back then because every case had a treasure in it. The Bantha came out that year, Darth with removable helmet, oola, imperial scanning officer, muftak and kabe, then fast forward to 2000 - 2001 and the POTJ line is there. That was EXCITEMENT. Even the episode I stuff was on fire. The TIE Bomber, boshek, K-3PO, Duros: Need I say more. Today the Saga line is nowhere near a fraction of the quality those two lines had to offer. Even the Green card 1996 -97 period has a lot more appeal. The gimmicks weren't there, the poses were relaxed, and the detail was good enough to please with exception to a few. Many have disagreed with me that the saga line is really an unleashed line, but when you look at Luminari, Anakin's, or Dooku's how can it not be seen as anything but that. The saga is a tremendous disapointment. I am no longer a completest and I will just sit back and wait for anything appealing to rear it's head. I will not settle for just any SW thing. It's like the books. Just because they say SW doesn't mean they have the quality of SW. Anyone read the Truce at Bakura, or the Bounty hunter tales. Shameful, just as many of the figures in the Saga line are. But I'm not quiting. To the originator of this thread I say enjoy the hobby despite the bad pieces. Ephant was worth 30 or 40 bad figures. And Palpy - amen brothers, what a fig for last year.

Jaff
01-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Sorry about the quote screw up guys, I can never figure out that thing. I'm a collector not a computer genius. This quote was Jar Jar's per my last post.

I'd rather have action poses and gimmicks than.....

rherk
01-25-2003, 10:44 AM
I truly thank you Jaff. Well said

mylow thehutt
01-25-2003, 11:01 AM
if you guys don't like what job there doing then Why don't one of you guys e-maile your thoughts to hasbro themselves.it's easy to sit here and bad mouth hasbro when they arn't around,thats why stuff don't get changed. I see report card polls on HASBRO GOOD PREFORMANCE LAST YEAR,on other websites after ever one said how much they suck how much they hate the figures,this is what the polls said.

1. A very good. (25%)
:eek:

2.B. pretty good(5%)

3. C.not so good (6%)

4. D.poor (1%)

5. F. hated them ( 3%)

looks like some ones afraid of big bad hasbro.instead of going half a mile down the road and yelling you suck,tell it to there face,e-maile hasbro.give me the there e-maile address I'll fricken e-maile my complants.our child hood fun is being destroyed by the ones who made it and you people are sitting in a box and mudering swear words.:zzz: :zzz:

Jaff
01-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Sorry mylow the hutt your assumption is pretty weak thought since I was one of those folks who voted poor. And to think that customer surveys are the beginning and end of designing and marketing you are misinformed. Being a multi unit manager some of my stores have promotions that many customers do not like, still they sell just like the saga line. If it sells it will not change. Opinions to large corporations are not always part of the big picture. Do you think that since people complained that mcdonalds chicken nugets aren't chicken that they stopped producing it. The answer is no. Your opinion whether you think it valued or not is irrelevant. Vote if you want if you think that affects production and marketing at retail, but don't assume that you will be heard. Besides mylow this is a thread of opinion about whether you like saga or not. You haven't given an opinion, you are just bored and trying to get heard by downplaying other peoples thoughts.

mark2d2
01-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Jaff, you have very insightful posts. And I'm not just saying that because you agree with me in many respects.

Your little trip down memory lane is everything I wanted to put in my post, but was too lazy to write. All of the periods you mention were so dang wonderful. Excitement was always in the air! It was like Omigod! I can't believe are finally getting THIS! figure. Or THAT! figure.

I seriously expected that the "really" cool stuff was yet to come. Maybe only months away. The variety and quality of figures was top notch. (FX-7!!!) I couldn't wait for R1-G4 or and perhaps an Imperial R5 unit. Even Bartender Artoo now seemed more than immenient. (How could it not when we kept getting wicked sculpt after wicked sculpt? Not too mention that the 12 inch version was already out!)

And now I'd just like to take the time, to point out one more thing. That is that despite all the marvelous treasures they gave us in years back, the well of great toys is far from dry. Yes, the craziest thing --- is there is so much exciting stuff they could make! I'm not that hard to please. Really. Just give me a decent R5D4, some cool aliens, obscure droids, a decent Padme and Leia every once and a while and I'd be stoked.

Instead it's bland and generic resculpts of Episode II figures that I'm already bored to tears with . . .

And as far as rather getting shoddy new figures, over none at all. All I can say is that I haven't boughten a new figure in months and it's not for a lack of new ones on the pegs . . . .

mark2d2
01-25-2003, 04:09 PM
PS -- I also voted in the poll in question. I voted NOT SO GOOD. At the time, I wasn't yet so thoroughly disgusted with Hasbro.

JangoFart
01-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Variety is the spice of life; so they say. What use would these forums have if everyone agreed on EVERYTHING? My dad once gave me some good advice regarding relationships: If you both agree on everything, one of you is useless. Same applies here.

HOWEVER: Folks, if you have a legitimate complaint, and there are tons of them out there, have the common sense to articulate it in some other manner than "Ha$bro blow$" or "Star Warz ownz joo" or other comments along those intellectual lines.

Be concise and to the point and I'm sure you'll have more folks either willing to agree with you or less apt to get in a ****ing contest with you.

J

mark2d2
01-26-2003, 12:17 AM
Frankly, I thought everyone has been very specific and precise on both sides. What are you talking about, Jangofart?

Stemp Fester
01-26-2003, 12:23 AM
Hmmm...

What was category E in the poll? Those numbers only add up to 40%:confused:

mark2d2
01-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Hilarious that only YOU noticed.

I sure missed that one.

Very very interesting indeed.:Pirate:

Dar' Argol
01-26-2003, 01:11 AM
who are we to say what is offensive and what is not. I simply used a word to express how I felt. I see nothing wrong with this.

But I do have a bit of say on what is offensive in this area. And I find that word highly offensive. Except for referances to the dictonary, the offensive word has been removed. I do not like to see that type of stuff, regardless. Please use a little self control when posting and remember that this is an all ages site. Derogatory words of that such do not have a place here.

Jaff
01-26-2003, 06:37 AM
Jangofart? - Did you have an opinion on this thread. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the saga (diorama only line - that's my opinion), not complaining that your father taught you that folks are not allow to agree about something. I don't remember even insinuating that star wars or hasbro blow$. I am merely of the opinion that the saga line does. If I thought star wars or hasbro stunk I would not own one of every fig made since 1983.

Hey Dar'Argol, and stempfester what do you think about the saga line. I do beleive that Jangofarts statement about variety is the spice of life. I wish everyone on this sight would put in their two cents to visualize what they think about this line. I even posted a topic to explore that question (new assortments, new disapointments), however this thread has more life than mine. I must not argue enough on posts to get it hot!

mylow thehutt
01-26-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Jaff
Sorry mylow the hutt your assumption is pretty weak thought since I was one of those folks who voted poor. And to think that customer surveys are the beginning and end of designing and marketing you are misinformed. Being a multi unit manager some of my stores have promotions that many customers do not like, still they sell just like the saga line. If it sells it will not change. Opinions to large corporations are not always part of the big picture. Do you think that since people complained that mcdonalds chicken nugets aren't chicken that they stopped producing it. The answer is no. Your opinion whether you think it valued or not is irrelevant. Vote if you want if you think that affects production and marketing at retail, but don't assume that you will be heard. Besides mylow this is a thread of opinion about whether you like saga or not. You haven't given an opinion, you are just bored and trying to get heard by downplaying other peoples thoughts.

:crazed: :crazed: What!?......Listen I wasn't "downplaying"peoples thoughts.I don't even think I'm capable of doing that.I'm just saying and getting a opinon out mind you,that If we are sooo mad at Hasbro's work then let THEM know.thats all.plus in about 2 to 3 mounths we'll all be pulled back into the love of starwars,rember ep2.Hay I'm just telling you what you already know.;)

Jaff
01-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Mylow, what do you think of the Saga assortment. We want to hear your opinions. I guess I came off wrong because we are talking about what we think of the current wave, not about whinning to hasbro. Didn't mean to rub you wrong. Make sure you reply back with your thoughts.

mylow thehutt
01-26-2003, 02:16 PM
:) Ok cool,well I guess I like them there really detailed but the poses I'm not to thrilled about,and the gimmicks :zzz: ouch.
What I like more than seeing pics or buying the figures is,the list on whats comming out this year if it's rumor or not it's fun to see on whos on for the next few mounths. :cool:

Jaff
01-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Can you say Jan Dadonna and Captain Antillies;)

Darth Trymybestus
01-26-2003, 05:25 PM
The saga line is fantastic, have you seen the sculpts? Compare them to the Episode I line and what you have is a much better product for less money!
My rule is... if I don't like it, I don't buy it and no matter how much you may hate a figure or action feature, ranting about it does no good because you can't change it.
Would you buy a chocolate bar that you didn't like the taste of? I assume no :)

Examples of improvements:
Episode I - Senator Palpatine.. now compare that with the saga Palpatine.
Darth Vader Bespin Duel and Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel, the best Darth Vader yet (Dagobah comes a close 2nd).
And Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel, compare that to the POTF2 one, and you'll see that there is no contest.
Look at the quality of Jango Fett - Kamino Escape, one of the best figures yet.
Accessories, tons of cool accessories, with Episode I, you'd be lucky if you got a lightsaber or a blaster.
Anakin Skywalker, check out Hangar Duel, Tatooine Attack and the new Anakin Skywalker - Secret Ceremony, all awesome figures with AMAZING scuplts with fantastic detail and likeness.
They all look like Hayden whereas the Episode I Obi-Wan Kenobi looked NOTHING like Ewan McGregor.
And of course METAL lightsaber hilts.

Did I just open a Pandora's box? :crazed: :D The saga line truly rocks

jpak001
01-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Saga line IMO:

I think it's been pretty good for me. There have been some gems (Bespin Luke, Ephant Mon), and some real duds. I really am happy about the metal lightsaber hilts (that IS awesome), but don't like the action features (like most of us here).

To be honest, I really don't mind the fact that I don't like all the saga figs. This has really made me step back, and only buy what I actually like. Up until the end of POTJ, I was a full-on completist with SW fig's. Now I realize that just isn't realistic at all (especially if you collect other figure lines). SW figures will be coming out for a looooong time, being a completist means sticking it out, having lot's of $ and space to store them (which I don't). So I will happily buy the few I actually like from now on, and leave the duds on the shelves. I'm sure there will lot's more gems to come! :)

BTW: I think the Saga 12' line has been great so far (except that ugly Zam figure). We got to finish the ESB Bounty Hunter scene, what more could you ask for? ;)

Jargo
01-26-2003, 07:09 PM
Darth trymbestus if you don't like something then sure you don't buy it but at the same time you don't want the manufacturer to continue making more of the same stuff you don't like. This message board and many others like it is the only way for most people to have hasbro hear them and their opinions. Saying you don't like something counts. If you say nothing, nothing changes. the bad mistake is repeated time and time again because there's no feedback so the manufacturer doesn't know what's good or bad. Why such strong opinions so often because with so many threads and so many voices you need to keep repeating yourself to be heard. did you buy any POTJ figures? comparing Saga to episode one stuff is like comparing the cars made by Ferrari to cars made by Lada. Compare the saga figures to the POTJ figures and its a fairer game.

I have to disagree entirely with your analysis of the merits of Anakin figures which look absolutely nothing like Hayden Christensen. i don't know who they are supposed to be but they aren't Hayden. bespin luke from the Saga range is a drreadful figure. Skinny and rangy and covered in poop. it's gimmickised with a huge button in his back and his joints are really badly executed. The POTF one might not have been accurate either but I'sd sooner have that to one covered in poop with an arm you can't really use and a waist you can't use. Darth Vader Bespin is perhaps the right height but he's horrible looking.. he has that hand permanently outstretched and his cape is permanently wind whipped. he too has another redundant arm that's gimmickised so he's useless with both arms screwed. I'd rather stick with my smaller commtech vader thanks. Who cares about Obi-Yawn. I'm happy to never see another Obi-Yawn figure again as long as I live.
The only thing I might possibly agree on is the metal saber hilts. But rather than have them butcher a figures hand with a pathetic weak magnet that couldn't attract an iron filing at a proximity of two milimeters, they could have made the sabers magneticaly attract to the figures belts which is what people want more. On every want list there are calls for sabers to attach to belts. That's where the magnets should have gone.
Palpatine, he's not that great in his saga rendition. he still has problems most notably the sculpt making him look like Gary Oldman in Francis Ford Copolas Dracula. I don't think it looks one ounce like Ian McDiarmid. He's sculpted leaning slightly back when Ian played palpatine leaning slightly forward to foreshadow the hunched shoulders of the Emperor. So while it might have shiny paint on the saga version i don't see it as any great improvement on tiny hands Palpatine from episode one.
The saga line has had some good figures though don't think i just condemn in a blanket fashion. I love the royal guard and currently own twenty of them. I like the geonosian warrior, the red clonetrooper - a little, I like captain typho a lot, the tusken female and child are good, not perfect but good, I thought I'd love Orn Free Taa but having the final thing in my hand last year i was so disappointed in how bad he looked in person. this new plastic they insist on using makes the figures look like novelty wax candles half the time because it has that opacity to it where you can almost see through the edges of it. Dexter Jettster is one of the only truly impressive figures of the saga period as far as I'm concerned.

Darth Trymybestus
01-26-2003, 07:16 PM
I totally agree with you, I think people should give feedback on this website, what I meant was it's no good griping about an action feature on a figure that you've bought because it's there and you can't do anything about it.

Yeah, I got some POTJ and I do think that the figures have slowly gotten better over the years.
Episode I was an improvement over POTF2... POTJ was an improvement over Episode I and Saga is an improvement over POTJ. :)
The best POTJ figure was 300th Boba Fett, closely followed by Dagobah Darth Vader. :)

Jaff
01-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Emperor Jargo is right on the money about his figure analysis. However I totally disagree with Darth Trymybestus about the figures looking better than ever. I personally believe that the POTF and POTJ was the prime of the collecting line. Saga is outside those classes by a long shot. Hasbro made figures to have them made, not made them to be remade. I'm not sure what Darth means about gripping on a website. An opinion is an opinion no matter if it's pro or con. I think the only opinion that is not worth much is when someone is personally attacking another person on a forum. Hearing someone rant and rave, or defending hasbro is very good for our collecting community. Some people are very frustrated with collecting right now because of action features and unleashed like poses. Others are overjoyed because they focus on diaroma and statue like desires. The person who opened this forum got our attention, and if he or any other person ranted or raved I would respond to them. After all (for those of you who attended) remember when everyone went to toys r us in 99 at midnight for the new line, or when you went to see episode I on a packed night. Do you remember the cohession that was filling the place despite fools who dived in front of you for figures. SW is best shared and expressed. So try to be tolerant of what some may call "whinning", or "griping" opinions.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again: There is something that can be done to change the Saga collection for those who are dissapointed in the line. Don't call hasbro, just don't buy the stuff you don't like. When sales drop hasbro will change the line back to it's old neutral stance ways.

Darth Trymybestus
01-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Here's what I meant about griping:
Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine Attack, I love this figure, the sculpt is awesome but man oh man, the action feature SUCKS!
Now, I can gripe all I want about the action feature but there's nothing I can do about it, Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine Attack will always have that action feature.
Basically, there's no point crying over spilt milk is what I meant. :)

Jargo
01-26-2003, 10:30 PM
But there - you just did something about it. by typing out the words you stated an opinion in the negative about something your unhappy with that hasbro will read if its put in the right place like dear hasbro or here. By saying it you let them know you aren't happy. Just putting up with it and not saying you aren't happy isn't going to change things no. But speaking up will. it's been proven to work. It takes a little while which is why you have to keep banging on about it for so long which is why some people seem to be whining or griping. But if you keep reiterating your opinion sooner or later someone from hasbro that reads this stuff will catch your comments and take note of the negative as well as the positive. They like to be praised but they want to to know what people really think too.
it's important to have both sides of the coin represented and if you feel something is lacking in a particular figure then say so because it matters. It matters but the hasbro machine is slow and takes a long time to get re-geared for change.

Stemp Fester
01-26-2003, 11:20 PM
OK, I'll give my opinion...

I have only very recently gotten back into the SW collecting thing, my collection amounts to about 50 figures, of which about 20 are banged up originals, 6 Ep1, and the rest are Saga.

Personally, as far as figure quality goes, I think the Ep1 figures just rock - IMO they win by a mile. The Saga line I am kinda ambivalent about - some are great, some not so good. I don't mind the poses, as far as I'm concerned if you're going to display these things they may as well look like they're doing something, though I do wish some were designed to stand a little easier (FB Jango anyone?)

My main criticism with the Saga line is the quality of the plastic - bendy junk. Hasbro - when you make a figure, please make sure that it's legs are capable of supporting its body weight. My Destroyer Droid has been out of its bubble home for about a week now and I can already see the legs starting to bend underneath it - another month and I think it will be a "Lying on its side as if toppled in the Geonosis Battle" Destroyer Droid...

My favourite Saga figures so far;
Ephant Mon (miracle that I found this)
Dexter Jettster
Tusken female / child
Tusken Raider / Massiff
KE Jango

Don't complain about sculpt quality while still asking for fully articulated figures - how many joints do you really think you can get on a 3 3/4" figure before it starts to look crap (again, FB Jango anyone?)

ahhh... enough ranting for one day.

Jerjerrod
01-26-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
i don't know who they are supposed to be but they aren't Hayden.

I know who. It's that Justin Timberlake guy from n'sync, especially Tatooine Attck Anakin. :D :D :D

The booth share the same curly blonde hair. :D

Jerjerrod
01-26-2003, 11:56 PM
And Supreme Chancellor Palpy looking like Gary Oldman......

Oh my gawd, you're right. It does look like him, will ya look at that!?! :eek:

Old Fossil
01-27-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Stemp Fester
OK, I'll give my opinion...

I have only very recently gotten back into the SW collecting thing, my collection amounts to about 50 figures, of which about 20 are banged up originals, 6 Ep1, and the rest are Saga.

Personally, as far as figure quality goes, I think the Ep1 figures just rock - IMO they win by a mile.

Ep1 figures sucked, mostly. Remember:

1. flimsy Battle Droids & OOM-9;
2. High Plains Drifter Qui-Gon (Final Duel)
3. Booster Rockets R2-D2
4. C-3PO
5. Senator Palpatine
6. Chancellor Valorum w/Cheyenne Medicine Man Staff
7. Padme Naberrie
8. Gomer Pyle, NRSG (Naboo Royal Security Guard)
9. Crick-necked Obi-Wan (soft goods)
10. Boss Nass (larval stage)

That's just a SAMPLING. I'm sure others here can easily name ten more that were as bad or worse. (There was a "Worst Ep1 Figure" thread in that section, once upon a time, I think...)

For all its problems, SAGA is better than Ep1. But ALL lines have their issues, even the much-vaunted Power of the Jedi line.

Jaff
01-27-2003, 05:16 AM
Emperor Jargo: For a sith master you really have some positive things to say, well put, it's not too late to come to the good side:happy:

I never thought that the Episode I line was the greatest because I remember the excitement and variety of the POTF line. And although Twodot is right that allot of junk came from the Episode I line there were also allot of great figs like TC-14, Captain Panaka, Darth Sideous, and never forget the incredible cinema scene with Grexol Kelvyn. That figure was asstounding!!!!!!!

Jargo
01-27-2003, 08:19 AM
I do have a good side, but my bad side looks better on camera. :D

SplFrcsCWO
01-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Actually, threads have been deleted and people warned for using that word in the past. It's offensive to people with learning difficulties. Just like saying a figure was ***, it doesn't fly. It's downright ignorent, rude, and assinine.

By the way, you said to check the dictionary. You may want to take your own advice. [EDITED] doesn't mean somthing is bad or sucks. Just like the word *** doesn't. Learn to show some respect for words. Thanks for beating me to it, Banthaholic. Your dictionary puts it a lot more bluntly. :)

Jar Jar Binks
DA[/COLOR]

Don't put that dictionary away! Since we are all giving grammar lessons, look up "ignorent". :p Sorry but I couldn't resist.

Dar' Argol
01-27-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Jaff
Hey Dar'Argol, and stempfester what do you think about the saga line.

What do I think. Personally I like the line, even with all of its faults. I do not like the deluxe line b/c to me, its very cheesy. But the basic line IMO is very nice, even with the much complained about gimmicks and statues. The sculpts are getting better and better with time. Soem gimmicks I can do without, but then I also look at these figures a bit differently then most collectors. And no its not up-side down:crazed:. I remember that no matter what anyone says, they are childrens playthings. So I guess that fact lets me deal a little bit more with the nasty gimmicks sometimes. I remember some nasty gimmicks from toys when I was a kid . . . so it doesn't bother me too much anymore. I'm just happy to be getting new figs from time to time. The only real problem I have with the Saga Line is the bad distribution. Hasbro needs to figure out a way to get the product out in a more orderly and even fashion. That's really the only grip I have right now . . . . . of course that could change.

Adam
01-27-2003, 11:21 PM
*reads comments.*

*looks at geonosian escape dath tyranus sitting on desk*

There have been a lot of duds *looks at Acklay Battle Obiwan next to Tyranus, shudders*for sure, but Cloud City Chewbacca, Bespin Luke, and Geonosian Escape Dath Tyranus are great figures. Action features generally don't bother me that much because they just sit in my display case anyway. (But there's no denying that Spear Obi-Wan's sucks. It's stupid, and disturbing at the same time.)

Anyway, those three figures make the Saga line worth it to me.

M1-H2
01-31-2003, 01:00 AM
"ignorent?" Who's ignorant?--dictionary spelling, by the way...

Emperor Howdy
01-31-2003, 02:23 AM
Come on! give me a break! Who are you? Mr. Moral. I say [EDITED]. You say [EDITED]. Don't tell me what's right and what's wrong and whats "politically correct"! I don't live by your moral code! I'm not killing or stealing here! I called an action figure [EDITED]!!!

Mod Note: Removed offensive words.
DA

Oops....pssssssssssst......DA.......you forgot one at the end.

Hyaa-hyaa!

Mod Note: Edited this quote to refect edit in orginal post.
DA

Dar' Argol
02-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Oops....pssssssssssst......DA.......you forgot one at the end.

Hyaa-hyaa!

Uh, yeah. Thanx a lot Howdy:rolleyes: :D.

I kinda missed that one. You know that looking for tht word soo much I kinda looked over that one. Its like when you say a word too many times and it just starts to sound stupid . . . . . same kinda thing:D

Thanx again:D