PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars figures? Huh?

Spinosaurus2004
01-25-2003, 12:14 AM
I was looking at TFN's list of hasbro stuff for 2003 and this was one of the sections:

CLONE WARS:
Clonetrooper
Anakin Skywalker
Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
Sith Witch
Yoda (with Hover Chair)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot)
Mace Windu
Clone Wars Figure - TBD
Clone Wars Figure - TBD

I don't get it. This seems cool but where do they get Sith Witch and Mandalorian Bounty Hunter? Is this like the Shadows of the Empire stuff. Also are they 4 inch figs or something different?

Beast
01-25-2003, 12:24 AM
Yeah, it's the new big EU push. They are telling the story of the Clone Wars in real time. Between now and EIII, the stories will be told in books, comics, toys, and a possible cartoon. As for what the Sith Witch and Mandalorian warrior are? No clue until we see the comics/books/cartoon they appear in. Or atleast see the figures themselves. :)

There was also a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter (Gendi) w/ Speeder Bike, CloneTrooper Commander w/ Speeder Bike, and Anakin's Jedi Starfighter rumored coming in the line. The Hailfire Droid, Geonosian Fighter, and Trade Federation Tank are rumored to be packaged under the Clone Wars header as well. Also the Republic Gunship may be re-issued with Pilots packed in. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Spinosaurus2004
01-25-2003, 12:33 AM
Jawsome I love EU almost as much as the Red Wings!

Darth Sh0diC
01-25-2003, 05:08 AM
Weird, i thought all the mandalorians were killed except for two:confused: . And i thought there were only suposed to be only two sith lords at a time(tyrannus & sidous) because of fighting between the sith. The rest sounds kool tho. :)

mark2d2
01-25-2003, 05:51 AM
Boring. Boring. Boring.
All this crap and still no decent R5-D4?

I am RAPIDLY losing ALL interest in this hobby . . .

Going, going, gone.

mylow thehutt
01-25-2003, 10:23 AM
What happen to Kit fisto wasn't he in this line too.also hope theres more clone wars dudes this sweet.madleridan warruior....or what ever witch way you spell it sounds awsome.can't wait.:)

Jayspawn
01-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey, more Clone figures! And as long as Anakin, Mace and Kenobi have their robes, I'll be happy. I would like another Gunship so if it gets reissued- I'll be happy with that too!

RooJay
01-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Can't wait! Hopefully we'll also get a bunch more new and original characters as well as some of the Jedi from the comics! Come on Quinlan Vos!!!

By the way, I'd like to take a moment to bring up the notion that, just because there have been only two Sith for the last however many thousands of years, doesn't mean that Sidious has not decided that now is the time for the Sith order to grow once again. Remember, from Lucas' own mouth it has been explained that once there were many Sith. What's to keep there from being a few more during the final days of the Republic? That might offer a bit more leeway regarding Darth Maul's training, and about when and how Dooku joined up with Sidious. I'm not implying that this might be at all true...just offering up an interesting notion.

jpak001
01-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Spinosaurus2004
I don't get it. This seems cool but where do they get Sith Witch and Mandalorian Bounty Hunter? Is this like the Shadows of the Empire stuff. Also are they 4 inch figs or something different?

I'm not sure about the Mandolorian BH, but the Sith Witches have already appeared in the Dark Horse comic series. I forget which issue #'s they were in, I beleive it was the second story arc w/Quinlan Vos. They were actually pretty cool looking, really evil! I can't wait to see what Hasbro does with this figure!

jpak001
01-25-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
By the way, I'd like to take a moment to bring up the notion that, just because there have been only two Sith for the last however many thousands of years, doesn't mean that Sidious has not decided that now is the time for the Sith order to grow once again. Remember, from Lucas' own mouth it has been explained that once there were many Sith. What's to keep there from being a few more during the final days of the Republic? That might offer a bit more leeway regarding Darth Maul's training, and about when and how Dooku joined up with Sidious. I'm not implying that this might be at all true...just offering up an interesting notion.

Yeah, check out the Dark Horse comics "Golden Age of the Sith" mini-series. It took place 5000 years before ANH and there was a Sith Empire back then, very cool stories indeed. I hope the Clone Wars are as well written as these were!

I know these comics aren't considered as real SW stories by lot's of fans, but they still are very enjoyable stories,

Fulit
01-25-2003, 10:11 PM
I hope these are easier to find than the last EU figures, esp. the Spacetrooper and Kyle Katarn.