PDA

View Full Version : Anakin and Obi-Wan figures for Anakin's Speeder

nova blue
01-25-2003, 11:23 AM
HI,

this is my first post so please be easy on me. I looked for an older thread on this topic, but couldn't find one, anyway has any of the toy collectors here reached some kind of consensus as to which is the best ANAKIN SKYWALKER, and OBI-WAN KENOBI to use in ANAKIN'S SPEEDER. I can't seem to get any of them seated in it correctly

Banthaholic
01-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Welcome Nova Blue!

I'm not sure which figures fit best seeing that I haven't opened then yet, although I do know that a few people also weren't able to fit Zam in her speeder, or at least with out much effort.
Another slight mishap on Hasbro's part.
Although they could possibly be fixing the problem with the '03 re-releases of the speeders w/ a figure. Any one hear yet it the figures will be slightly retooled to actually fit?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-25-2003, 03:00 PM
For Anakin's speeder, Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan does the trick quite nicely, even though his stiff arm hangs out of the speeder (which doesn't look too bad). Hangar Duel Anakin can fit in the speeder, but he can't hold the controls. I haven't tried it yet, but I assume that Deluxe Anakin (w/ Geo Warrior) would be able to fit in there and hold the controls, even though he would be screaming. Zam, well I'm not sure but it's pretty hard to get her in there without looking odd. And the figures with these speeders, only appeared on some early lists (I think), so they probably won't be rereleased.:)

nova blue
01-25-2003, 03:42 PM
thanks guys

JediTricks
01-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Ani Dlx can't fit in the speeder, his gimmick button gets WAY in the way and his arms pop off once you wedge the little guy in there.

Part of the problem I've found is that Obi-Wan CC and Ani OPD are a smaller scale than most figures and the speeder is made to their scale. I've had my Obi-Wan CC wedged in that pilot seat for months now, but basically there's no figure that I'm satisfied with in this thing.

Tycho
01-26-2003, 08:49 PM
I patiently got my Anakin vs. Geonosian in there. The button on his back makes it look silly from only 1 pov, but not if the speeder's diving down, and Anakin's pulled forward by G-forces from his wild driving.

I was also OK with the way Anakin HD sat there, but he had more issues with holding the controls realistically. I don't know how much kids will care - it's fun to play with anyway. As a diorama maker, I do like something better, I'm just not certain I want them to take up any case assortment slot with a resculpt for that reason. Anakin, no angry expression, with his cloak on, and hanging down nicely, unagressively, needs to be made, and then that's it for him. I'm sure they'll do a resculpt every year for brand new collectors and kids as they become old enough, but let's not encourage them to do this too soon ;)

Obi-Wan CC fits in there just fine for me - and he looks the best in the speeder.