PDA

View Full Version : Title Revealed? (Rumor)

Lord Malakite
01-25-2003, 09:28 PM
There has been a new rumor to spring up in the past few days that states Star Wars Episode III: Circle of the Force (http://corona.bc.ca/films/mainFramed.html) will be the title of the next film. Quite an interesting choice if it turns out to be true.

2-1B
01-25-2003, 09:35 PM
The link only brought up a headline about the Hulk, and a search for Episode III didn't bring up the title rumor. :confused: edit: found it . . . just needed to reload. :D

Interesting, but I'd be surprised if that were the real title.
Personally, I don't like it . . . personally. :D

Can't wait to find out next year ! :crazed:

sith_killer_99
01-25-2003, 09:53 PM
I still prefer:

Revenge of the Sith

Fulit
01-25-2003, 10:07 PM
It can't be another "of the" in the title, that would make three. There's two of each, see, "The" Phantom Menace, "The" Empire Strikes Back. Attack "of the" Clones, Return "of the" Jedi. "A" New Hope, the next movie needs to start with "A".

Personally, I like the title rumor I read somewhere, "A Jedi's Destiny".

The next title shouldn't have "of the" in it, IMO. Say it out loud to yourself all the movie titles, it sounds like too many "of the"'s

plo koon 200
01-25-2003, 11:36 PM
George wouldn't have told anyone at this stage. He makes working titles, you know.

mini-rock
01-25-2003, 11:44 PM
Yeah I remember hearing that the title would have the word "circle" in it, but even if it is true GL could change it anytime. Personally I like it.:D

sith_killer_99
01-26-2003, 12:11 AM
Circus Circle of the Force?

A, The, of the?!?! I still prefer:

Revenge of the Sith

Anakin2121
01-26-2003, 11:46 AM
It can't be true. From the other two prequels, the title is revealed in August of the year prior to the film's release, and I don't see why the same won't happen here.

Fulit
01-26-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Circus Circle of the Force?

A, The, of the?!?! I still prefer:

Revenge of the Sith

And I say it's the worst title I ever heard!

j/k :p

sith_killer_99
01-26-2003, 01:53 PM
:crazed: :p

Wookieboy
01-27-2003, 12:01 AM
I have just two words for you when it comes to "Circle of the Force" BLUE HARVEST!!!!!!

Rogue II
01-27-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Fulit

Were you talking about The Phantom Menace or The Attack of the Clones?:crazed:

Fulit
01-27-2003, 09:05 AM
No, Revenge of the Attack of the Phantom Cloned Destiny Circle.

evenflow
01-27-2003, 09:27 AM
I am not feeling this one, hopefully just a rumor.

Darkross
01-27-2003, 11:38 AM
j/k :p

At least it's better than The Phantom Menace. Most non-Star Wars fans don't know what the heck you're talking about when you mention the title.

Darkross
01-27-2003, 11:40 AM
How about "Circle of the Clones!" - LOL !

Jerjerrod
01-27-2003, 12:55 PM
HEHEHE :D

"Circle of the Council"
"Half Circle of the Hand"
"The Incomplete Circle"
"Circle Circle Dot Dot"

HEHE!

No, but seriously, I think someone mentioned before:

"Episode III - The Rise of the Emperor"

I like the sound of that.

Bobajames
01-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Darkross
At least it's better than The Phantom Menace. Most non-Star Wars fans don't know what the heck you're talking about when you mention the title.

ya, you gotta say "Star Wars Episode 1" otherwise they don't get it. Many non-star wars fans have already forgotten about that movie though anyways :cry: i still love you episo.... i mean phantom menace!

Chiesa
01-28-2003, 02:34 AM
How abt "Rise of the empire"? :)

Circle of the force just sounds funny and since when have we even heard abt a circle anywhere anyhow?

Sith Lord 0498
01-28-2003, 06:27 AM
"The circle is now complete." Darth Vader, Episode IV

Darkross
01-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Anything with Circle in the title would seem cheezy! Hopefully it's just a rumor and Lucas doesn't go ahead and surprise us all by adopting that title! Cmon...put the word "Sith" in the title! Maybe "Circle of the Sith!" or "A Sith's Circle"

Fulit
01-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Anything with "of the" will be cheesy too. That would make three "of the" titles. It just doesn't fit, trust me. I know I'm the only one that thinks this way, but I am steadfast. I maintain that GL will NEVER use "of the " again. The next movie will start with "A". Otherwise its unbalanced, no matter what the fans want it to be.

Jedi Clint
01-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Anything with "of the" will be cheesy too. That would make three "of the" titles. It just doesn't fit, trust me. I know I'm the only one that thinks this way, but I am steadfast. I maintain that GL will NEVER use "of the " again. The next movie will start with "A". Otherwise its unbalanced, no matter what the fans want it to be.

The Sith's Revenge

Or (Just for you Fulit ;) )

A Sith's Revenge

The Overlord Returns
01-28-2003, 12:30 PM
How about Sith and the City?

Fulit
01-28-2003, 02:11 PM
<<roars of approval for those last three>>

Sith and the City! Ha! :D

mabudonicus
01-29-2003, 10:20 AM
EP III-"Mace's revenge" (for WHAT I dunno, JediElf suggested it)
"A tale of two sith-ies"
"Blue screens and black armour"
"Mace in the Middle"

Rogue II
01-29-2003, 10:54 AM
Episode III: "Three's Company: The Sith's Story"
"2 Sith, a Jedi, and a Pizza Place"
"How Anakin got His Groove Back" no, that was the alternate name for ROTJ

CooLJoE
01-30-2003, 03:06 AM
Maybe its "A Circle Complete".....

Chiesa
01-30-2003, 03:19 PM
How abt "Sith-field"...?

A tale of 2 Siths...

SITH-Ville?

The Overlord Returns
01-30-2003, 05:23 PM
Star wars Episode III: Crisis on Infinite Systems

Star Wars Episode III: Screw you all, it's MY MOVIE!!!!!!

Star Wars Episode III: Whatever happened to Baby Luke?

Star Wars Episode III: Dude, where's my Gonk?

TheDarthVader
01-31-2003, 12:00 AM
How about...A Circle Completed? haha :)
Birth of the new Circle... Circle is such an odd word... I hope it doesn't end up in the title!!!!

hango fett
02-01-2003, 08:24 PM
i prefer "the new order" myself.......but that's just me..
h:crazed:

TheDarthVader
02-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Many seem to feel that the word "sith" will be in the title. I think it is a big possibility.

mabudonicus
02-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Crisis on infinite systems, ROFL!!!

How bout...
"Heart of darkness"
"2 full hours of butt kicking Jedi and about an hour of uncomfortable romance scenes"
"tha big cha-CHING!!" (or alternately "Bling BLING")
"the man who would be sith"
"Anakin Quartermain and the lost Sith"
"Anakin Skywalker and the terrible, horrible,no good, very bad dialogue"
"Mace windu meets the hooded Sith"
"william shatners SITHWAR"
"shadows of the medicloriants"
"and Anakin thought he couldn't breathe in AOTC....."

sicqnus
06-25-2003, 01:24 PM
The title of Episode 3 was annonced today on the french national radio Europe 1 during the evening news of Guillaume Durand (a very well known and serious journalist).
Title is : ROTS - "Revenge Of The Siths"

sicqnus

AT-AT Man
06-25-2003, 01:47 PM
yes they also anounced it on the show E! news live this morning. They said it was the working title. Pretty cool I think.

Beast
06-25-2003, 02:07 PM
From the front page of SSG:

EPISODE III: Working Title Announced On E! - UPDATE

Today on the E! network it was announced that the working title for the next and final installment of "Star Wars" is "Star Wars Episode III:The Revenge Of The Sith. Since the Sith do go in for revenge maybe this title won't change to "Return of the Sith".

UPDATE:

USA Today reported George Lucas has stated the working title mentioned above is just a rumor.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-25-2003, 02:27 PM
Good! Now that it's been thrown out there as a working title and/or rumor, we don't have to worry about it being the actual title of the movie.

I'm happy! :)

TheDarthVader
06-25-2003, 06:45 PM
I am happy too! I do not want the words "of the" in the new title. We already have AOTC and ROTJ! No more, lucas! Keep "of the" out of the title, please!!!!!!!

scruffziller
06-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Actually that title rumour has been going around since the release of EPS 2.

plo koon 200
06-26-2003, 09:45 PM
Actually that rumour has been going around ever since the release of ROTJ.

Bobajames
06-27-2003, 12:25 AM
I think revenge of the sith and circle of the force and a circle completed and all that goobledy gok sound a lot like.... fan fiction. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones came completely out of the blue for me (if we thought real hard though, we probably all could have thought of the second one though....) and they don't sound like something that some guy made in his backyard with his lightsaber replica, although that stuff is fun (playin with lightsabers and filmin it). Also, I don't think Georgie boy is using a formula with his names (two of each) or at least I hope not :)