PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain again why...

Darth Brick
01-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Lego doesn't release those little boxes of five or six figures and their weapons/accessories? That would be sooo welcomed to those of us who want a clone army. Or at least give us more than four troopers to a set.

I mean, the AT-TE is a perfect example of this: the trooper hold can carry four clones into battle. The set comes with four troops. Sounds fine, but WHO'S DRIVING THE FREAKING THING? And the Gunship needs its four troops to pilot and man the guns, so none of them can hitch a ride on the ol' walker.

Where was I? Oh, yeah...we need more clones! And cheap!

LTBasker
01-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Because Hasbro is very anal about others moving in on the action figure thing. You see the figures right now are basically just accessories to the overall set, whereas if they had their own figure set then they'd be considered just plain action figures.

It's a pretty sad ordeal, considering Hasbro can move in on other areas that people are covering like Attakus has been covering some statues, but Hasbro released the statued Unleashed line. :rolleyes:

bobafrett
01-26-2003, 02:18 AM
That sounds terrible, I was hoping that Lego would come out with packs of 10 Stormtroopers, or 10 speeder bike pilots, 10 TIE fighter pilots, or Clone troopers. It gets agonizing seeing these beautiful lego starships and sets, but not enough lego armies to make them look like the displays they had at CII.

Darth Brick
01-27-2003, 05:25 PM
If Lego can't produce those little boxes 'o' figures, then why don't they do what they're doing with some Harry Potter sets--two figures and a little accessory or something. That would be a great way to release color-coded commander and captain clones.

fourtwo
01-27-2003, 06:29 PM
they do, they're called final duel I & II
:D

JediTricks
01-27-2003, 09:14 PM
And the Jedi Duel 1 & 2, and the 2 smaller Jabba's palace add-ons (the door and frozen Han), and the Ewoks, and speederbike set, and the Tusken Raider set.

But I see what DB is getting at, the SW sets like that are a little more expensive and have bigger accessories, other lines can get away with the $2.99 sets. I have a feeling this too is because of the Hasbro/LFL/Lego licensing situation.

LusiferSam
01-27-2003, 10:27 PM
Come to think of it its been a while since Lego has released any mini-figure sets.

ps The 30 figure town set doesn't count.

bobafrett
01-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Yes, but if you buy things like the sets Jedi duel 1 & 2, then you'll end up with a bunch of Lukes, a bunch of Vaders just to get the amount of Troopers that you may want. Sure you could combine lego bricks from the actual sets to build bigger sets, but if all you want is extra troopers or Imperial officers then your wasting your money. I did like the mini sets they made a couple years back with the cardboard background with sets of three different Star Wars characters.

aceguide
01-29-2003, 02:02 PM
A "troop builder" set would be very nice. I agree that lego should give us better access to the figures, without the primary characters, to continue to build armies.

Ji'dai
02-01-2003, 08:13 PM
LEGO could offer the "generic" mini-figs (i.e. stormtroopers, imperial/rebel pilots and officers, gamoreans, ewoks, etc) in bulk via direct order like they now do with other bricks and elements.

But this would hurt their set sales, which is the only way consumers can currently get these figs.

sith_killer_99
02-01-2003, 09:02 PM
Um, actually LEGO does have sets with just Star Wars figures in them. They had a few 3 pack sets a couple of years ago. I remember buying them at the LEGO store in the Mall of America when I went to visit my Dad in MN. The sets were:

Vader/Emperor/Maul
Battle Droid/Battle Droid/OOM-9
Han Solo/Chewie/Fett
Scout Trooper/Scout Trooper/Luke

I'm pretty sure that was the breakdown, in any event, those were the twelve figures offered.

I would like to see a 3 pack or 10 pack of "army builders" like Stormtroopers or Clonetroopers.

bobafrett
02-02-2003, 12:51 AM
Yes Sith_killer_99, I own those sets, but we would like something to build up armys. Instead of spending money on little diplay stands with this cardboard pictured backdrops, we could just get an army of rebels, troopers, officers, tie pilots, clone troopers. Maybe they could sell it through the Lego magazine.

Tonysmo
02-02-2003, 03:11 AM
Has anyone thought of posting this suggestion on the lego website? I would not care if they offered them only online straight from LEGO.. As they already do with the other 3 pack sets.. even if they sold them in 3 packs.. I just cant see dropping 25 bucks on 4 clone figs, which seems to be the going rate on Ebay for those army builder figs.. um.. no way..

as for buying up the final duel sets... I think the set with Luke, an Imperial guard, and stormtrooper is over $5.. I'm still not to keen on dropping that for an extra two figs... at least for now..

sith_killer_99
02-02-2003, 11:26 AM
I just snagged a bunch of the Final Duel sets with Stormtrooper and Imperial Officer from Meijer's for $3.50 each. A lot of stores are clearancing these out.

I wish LEGO would offer these "army builders" I'm sure it would be easiers and cheaper to offer them through the web site.

aceguide
02-03-2003, 10:18 AM
I agree. How many Luke's can one own......

sith_killer_99
02-08-2003, 06:51 PM
I just got back from Meijer's and found the Final Duel II sets marked down yet again, the new price was...are you ready for this....

$1.75 each

They also had Jedi Defense I and II for the same price and the Cloud Car for $2.48

So if you have a Meijer's in the area it might be good to pay 'em a visit. I cleaned out my local store, now I have around 2 dozen new Stormies.:D

Tonysmo
02-09-2003, 03:34 AM
I cant decide to be mad because Ive never heard of that store or to be mad at you for rubbing that in.. grrrr...

Great find.. I need to kick my toysrus in the pants for still charging $8...

HARDY
02-16-2003, 03:59 PM
$1.75 jeez i bought my sets here in london for£5.99 each thats about $10 check out my army in mycollections photos yeah here in the uk we get no lego or star wars reductions so count yourself luck guys

humsup
02-16-2003, 07:21 PM
I too would love to see a minifig pack of 5 or 6 troopers. But I think LEGO is essentially a building-block company and making minifigs en-mass is not really in their company policy.
But I do remember LEGO had made a 100 fig Clonetrooper box set for Walmart, and those are not for retail purpose.