PDA

View Full Version : Who has Toy Fair Vader?

Banthaholic
01-26-2003, 12:44 AM
Thought it'd be fun to chime in and see who has Toy Fair Vader, and how did you obtain it.
I unfortunately don't have one, yet...

Oh and by the way, here's an interesting link...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=kcbsmb%40aol.com&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

2-1B
01-26-2003, 12:51 AM
Uhhhhhhhh, yeah I'd say that's a damn interesting link.

Maybe I'll sell mine on eBay for that much ! :p

Darth Sidious
01-26-2003, 08:52 AM
My dad got me one for Christmas off of e-bay, and it is in a starcase (And staying there). It also came with David Prowse's autograph and a picture of Vader addressing Boba Fett on Bespin. :)

RaptorMCSE
01-26-2003, 09:07 AM
I have several, I got mine through the fan club.

I sent one to AFA and it only scored a 90.

Still cant see why the did not give this fig a 100

but oh well

stillakid
01-26-2003, 10:52 AM
I got mine through the FanClub. Didn't realize they were that hard to get since they were available that way. What was the final release number on them?

OzOtter
01-26-2003, 11:11 AM
I got mine at the Midnight Madness sale in the UK. I didn't even realise they were giving them out. The cashier just asked me if I got my coupon on the way in. I said, "Nuh!". And she said, "Well, you are supposed to get one of these..." and pulled out one of the Vaders.

So mine was free.

I wouldn't miss if I never got it, but it's a nice little piece to have, especially as its a 25th anniversary of the original film thing.

TheDarthVader
01-26-2003, 12:15 PM
I had to break down and shell out big bucks for one on ebay. It cost me like $150. I don't feel bad about buying one though because I HAD TO HAVE this piece. It came in a star case. I would grade it a C-7 or C-8. This is my favorite piece in my collection (270 figures). I love this figure!!!!!

Dr Zoltar
01-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Don't have one, but I want one. I didn't get into the Star Wars fan website during the 10 minutes that they posted their's for sale. From what I've read, everyone who got on ordered the max of 10 to scalp. I guess I'm going to have to break down and drop $150 to get one to add to my collection.

And I was watching the autions that Banthaholic was linked too. I smelled something fishy. Like the bidder knew the seller and was purposefully pushing up the price. It just seemed odd that he'd bid on all 10 or so auctions at the same time for the same price.

dr_evazan22
01-26-2003, 05:14 PM
I got mine thru the FC. It came in less than perfect condition, but that's alright.

JangoFart
01-26-2003, 07:22 PM
Saying "only a 90" is a rather odd statement, IMO. But, that's off topic.

I got one for $75.00 off of eBay and it's bubble and card are as nice as my nicest figure. Once AFA gets themselves back on what I'd consider to be a more respectable grading track, I'll send it off to them; perhaps.

J

JediTricks
01-26-2003, 07:34 PM
I have 1 I got through the Fan Club, it's one of the few figures I have kept carded, I have it in a Star Case now.

jobi
01-26-2003, 08:10 PM
I traded a Han and Taun Taun for mine. I bought the Han for like $9.00 back when it first came out. So to me I got a good deal.

Jerjerrod
01-26-2003, 08:19 PM
I don't have one, and probably will never see one. :(

So much for trying to collect all the Vaders. This, and the Masters of the Dark Side Vader I have never seen before. I rest I've got.

James Boba Fettfield
01-26-2003, 08:24 PM
I set up the order for this toy after Lord Malakite kept bothering me about it. Needless to say, we both got ours through the Fan Club for whatever the price was, I forget. Now if only I had listened to Malakite about that silver R2.

jpak001
01-26-2003, 08:45 PM
I had to trade a bunch of toys for mine. Didn't really mind so much though, I was ready to get rid of the stuff anyways (mosly old McFarlane stuff). It is a nice looking display peice, but that's about it (the same sculpt as the cinema scene Final Jedi Duel). Only reason I wanted it is 'cause it's a Vader (I'm a Vader-completist).

I actually was almost able to order 2 off the fanclub, but there was some sort of mix-up with my membership and the order didn't go through :frus: If I remember right, they were $15 ea....

Prince Xizor
01-26-2003, 08:54 PM
I don't have, and I do want one. But I have better stuff to spend my money on.

darth chuck
01-26-2003, 09:36 PM
I had to resort to ebay. My collection is primarily loose, so I bought a loose one for about $80.

Dark Knight
01-26-2003, 10:44 PM
I was luckly enough to get one off the fan club.:D

mtriv73
01-27-2003, 10:49 AM
I have 4 (from the fan club) but my cats decided the lightsabers were chew toys on 2 of them. Oh well.

Jerjerrod
01-27-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by mtriv73
I have 4 (from the fan club) but my cats decided the lightsabers were chew toys on 2 of them. Oh well.

:eek: No way. :cry:

Maybe you can try to stick another lightsaber into the hole. :D

TheDarthVader
01-27-2003, 11:50 AM
Stupid cats!! Don't they know a good figure when they see one??? BAD CATS! BAD CATS!! :p

mtriv73
01-27-2003, 12:28 PM
It was my fault for leaving them out. One of the sabers is broken in half and the other is just a little " battle damaged."

plo koon 200
01-27-2003, 07:36 PM
I ordered only one and that was from the fan club.

Sidiously Darth
01-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Dr Zoltar
Don't have one, but I want one. I didn't get into the Star Wars fan website during the 10 minutes that they posted their's for sale. From what I've read, everyone who got on ordered the max of 10 to scalp. I guess I'm going to have to break down and drop $150 to get one to add to my collection.

And I was watching the autions that Banthaholic was linked too. I smelled something fishy. Like the bidder knew the seller and was purposefully pushing up the price. It just seemed odd that he'd bid on all 10 or so auctions at the same time for the same price.

Nice stereotype!:rolleyes: Not everyone that ordered from the Fan Club ordered 10 and then scalped them on ebay. Many just bought one, like myself, and kept it.:D

As far as artificially increasing the price of an item by false bidding, that reallys stinks.:frus: I've run into that several times on ebay. Luckily I didn't win.:happy:

Jerjerrod
01-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
As far as artificially increasing the price of an item by false bidding, that reallys stinks.:frus: I've run into that several times on ebay. Luckily I didn't win.:happy:

How can you tell if the seller is artificially increasing the prices?
Please educate so we don't get ripped off in the future. Thanks.

Sidiously Darth
01-28-2003, 11:38 PM
Well, there's no true way to know if a seller is shell bidding or some idiot is just making random bids to cause trouble.

I usually look at the bids on items I may want. I tend to stay away from items that have multiple consecutive bids from ebayers with no feedback and new accounts.

If I have already bid on an item and I get outbid in the same manner as above, I usually don't bid on that item again.

Also, look at the other auctions offered by a seller. If you see multiple bids by the same person on that sellers auctions and no one else's, it's possible that someone is trying to jack the price.

The best thing to do is keep an eye on the auctions and watch who's bidding. If you feel something is wrong, don't bid anymore. It's better to save the money than overpay for something.

Hope this helps!

DahrJin
01-29-2003, 09:25 AM
I bought ONE and only ONE, through the FC.

The Saber is a bit chewed up, where the blade meets the bubble, but at least I got one before the price went sky high.

Now if I could just get my mitts on a little silver R2 D2......:D

Jerjerrod
01-29-2003, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the tip SD, I will be more careful from now on with the help of knowledge.

Jerjerrod

Dr Zoltar
01-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Sorry Sidiously Darth,

Didn't mean to insinuate that everyone who ordered from the fan club ordered the max, just the people I've spoken to or had some for sale on their website and/or eBay. I was just a little bummed that when I found out the fan club had some for sale, they were gone but the time I logged in which was the same day they offered the extras for sale.

I do thank those who ordered only one so that as many people who wanted one and couldn't afford to go to Toy Fair got one.

It's definitely a love/hate relationship with me and those darn Star Wars exclusives...

jjreason
01-29-2003, 05:48 PM
The only thing I have is patience. Im not paying that much for a new figure - not when I could have carded vintage one for the same price. Ill get me a nice damaged-card TFVader some day, but probably not any time soon. Unless someone here is selling cheap.........:greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:
:D

Banthaholic
04-30-2003, 06:47 PM
I had to reserect this old thread because today I received mine in the mail. I won it off ebay for $130, which is a bit heftly, but better than the $250 they were going for last summer.

Although I will say this figure is Awesome, and looks mightly cool next to silver R2 & Jorge Sacul.

So I'm all set up till '03, now if only I could find some of '03 figures...

Turbowars
04-30-2003, 07:13 PM
When I bought mine ONE Silver Vader fron the FC, they was a 2 per order limit. Where this 10 max thng coming from?

Thunderstorm1
04-30-2003, 10:13 PM
oops, sorry

RussUAE
04-30-2003, 11:57 PM
I didn't get one. It's the only recent figure I don't have. I'm not too worried though, it would probably look a little out of place in my collection (I'm an opener)

Deoxyribonucleic
05-01-2003, 12:13 AM
I do!!! In my dreams :D

I'm fifty/fifty with "the special ones" so far, I have GS and Silver R2, no Theatre Luke here either.

I suppose life goes on LOL ;)

Brainiak76
05-01-2003, 02:47 AM
Man i wish i had this!!

im not about to shell out $200 for this fig but is one of my dream figs! If i saw it for reasonable price i would buy it! but evilbay is a lil steep for my budget right now!

Brainiak76
05-01-2003, 03:25 AM
quick ques...

when you guys say FC do you mean the FC that has like the magazine subscription etc etc or is it the swfan.wizards.com FC that you guys got the TF vader??

Trip J
05-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Yeah, after Toy Fair, a few extras made their way into the hands of the Fan Club, and they sold them over their website. I don't know how long they had them, but quanitites were extremely limited.

I know I didn't get one...

Lord Malakite
05-01-2003, 11:55 AM
They sold out literly within the same day they became available on the Fan Club's website.

Luckily, as JBF said earlier, we got 2 through the Fan Club (one for each of us) after I had spent the entire day pestering him about it with spam e-mails (its nice you can get away with doing that to your fellow siblings). :D

I thought the price of $15 a piece was a bit high for just one figure. But for how much they go for now, I guess we got off lucky.

Now if only I could get a Jorg Sacul for that price. :(

Turbowars
05-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Brainiak76
quick ques...

when you guys say FC do you mean the FC that has like the magazine subscription etc etc or is it the swfan.wizards.com FC that you guys got the TF vader?? I mean the mag sub Fan Club. 14.99 a pop

Dr Zoltar
05-01-2003, 12:20 PM
I broke down and got one from "Scalp-Bay". At least I bought it from an individual and not a private shop that had a bunch of them horded away. I was also able to get Jorg Sacul from the same guy.

I'm also going to be prepared for the silver clone trooper TRU is giving away in October. And I'm not going to take "no" for an answer if my local TRU says they don't know what I'm talking about like they did with the silver R2 (bad experience -- it's all in another thread).

Brainiak76
05-01-2003, 04:30 PM
sorry im stll confused so is it the same thing? thats where everyone got the vader? swfan.wizards.com? THANX

Turbowars
05-01-2003, 05:06 PM
there was only 2 Offical places to get the silver Vader and they were the Toy Fair and the Fan Club, 1-800 TrueFan

Brainiak76
05-01-2003, 05:19 PM
icic!! so wahts swfan.wizards.com? i thought that was an offical fan website?

Turbowars
05-01-2003, 05:24 PM
Same place. The Wizards of the Coast bought the Fan Club. I have no idea whats going on with the club now. It's pretty crappy, so who really cares anymore.

Brainiak76
05-01-2003, 05:33 PM
SWEET!! then im a member! i coulda sworn that i read somewhere someone was B$TCH*NG that they couldnt get a TF vader because they werent a member of the FC! But all i did was register, it took like min..so i dont see why this person was complaining! This crap got me all confused bout the official FC!!

THANX for clearing this all up Turbowars

Dr Zoltar
05-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Just an FYI...The Fan Club has now split from WOTC/Hasbro and is now being ran by 2 former WOTC employees. I've emailed them a few times and they seem extremely nice. I think they are trying the turn the fan club around to something to be proud of again. So far, it's working...

Turbowars
05-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Hey no prob, the strange thing is you didn't have to be a member to buy a Toy Fair Vader. I was for few years, but noticed it was usless. So when I bought my TF Vader, I wasn't a member at the time. The only advantage of being a member was you got a better deal on shipping or something like that.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-01-2003, 05:49 PM
It's a shame the people that had it in Denver, CO let it go. IMO they were doing things well. Yes, sometimes it would take a while getting through on the phone, but I always managed to get through and get all the things I wanted. Too me, that's the good ol' days of the fan club, except for the Best of the Best Vintage days ;)

It's been really bad since they let it go!!!

seth_quinn
05-04-2003, 07:50 PM
I just got one on ebay for 115US, aside from the crease at the top it's supposed to mint. have a look at the photos and let me know if you think I got a good deal.

seth_quinn
05-04-2003, 07:51 PM
crease close up...

seth_quinn
05-04-2003, 07:52 PM
sticker on bottom...

DarthChuckMc
05-04-2003, 08:27 PM
Mine doesn't have the nifty sticker...I'm jealous.

Turbowars
05-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by seth_quinn
I just got one on ebay for 115US, aside from the crease at the top it's supposed to mint. have a look at the photos and let me know if you think I got a good deal. Well it all depends, If you bought it knowing that it had the crease then it was worth it to you, really that's all that matters. On the other hand I would be POed if it was not supposed to be creased, not for no 115 bucks.

Turbowars
05-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
Mine doesn't have the nifty sticker...I'm jealous. That sticker looks to be a Euro safty sticker, nothing to be jealous about.:D

seth_quinn
05-11-2003, 09:23 PM
good point. yeah I knew, I figure once it's in a star case and sitting on shelf in a glass case, who's gonna see the crease anyway? thanks for putting it back into perspective. at that price I think I'm happy.

D-Chuck - if I can get that sticker off when it arrives, you can have it. :D