PDA

View Full Version : Lars Homestead 3-pack cancelled in favor of Jedi Council 3 packs x 2

Tycho
01-26-2003, 02:37 AM
What do you think?

A reputable website reported that the Lars' Homestead Screen Scene 3-pack was put on hold in favor of a second Jedi Council 3-pack.

This could be a typo error that somebody with rumor information typed "Jedi Council 3-pack" twice, and somebody else thought that it was being "Refreshed" as they added that phrase to suggest the 2nd Jedi Council group would hold at least 1-3 new figures.

I myself really want to see them make young Owen, Beru, and Cliegg Lars.

There is no garauntee that this is what the 3-pack would have contained. It could have been Anakin, Tatooine Travel Padme, and C-3PO for all we know. Tatooine Travel Padme is now listed on the very likely true rumors list, in addition to Wedding Padme which is confirmed by Hasbro. Tatooine Travel Padme was mistakenly once even listed by Hasbro, so they must have been making her and had a change-of-mind several times on how to release her. (see picture of Natalie Portman in Tatooine Travel Outfit. She could unfortunately have a non-removeable cloak and hood (up) placed on her. Or they could do literally 2 figures out of this outfit if they don't figure out how to do a removeable cloak - and/or depending upon if they are making a Tatooine Rickshaw Droid figure/vehicle where she's going to have to sit down (with soft goods, or (and I don't care for this) a molded body like Final Jedi Duel Palpatine in his throne chair - a non-figure prop).

As to the Jedi Council 3-packs, there are only 5 original possibilities, so one by default HAS TO BE a resculpt.

Or worse, without giving us the remaining 5 (between both movies), they give us molded sitting figures for resculpts. I'd totally prefer softgoods for this case.

The Jedi lists are:

The Phantom Menace

Yoda
Mace
Plo Koon
SaeSee Tiin
Adi Gallia
Eeth Koth
Ki-Adi Mundi
Oppo Rancisis (furry face with snake tail)
Depa Billaba (human woman, with Leia Bespin hairstyle)
Yareal Poof (large Q-tip head, with 4 arms, 2 under cloak)
Yaddle (Yoda's species, female)
Even Piel (pink Lannik, looks similar to Yoda, larger, eye cut out)

and from Attack of the Clones:

Yoda
Mace
Plo Koon
SaeSee Tiin
Adi Gallia
Eeth Koth
Ki-Adi Mundi
Oppo Rancisis (repeat from above)
Depa Billaba (repeat from above)
Coleman Trebor
Shaak-Ti
Even Piel (repeat from above)

I would of course prefer the final 5 being offered before resculpts, but if there are 2 three-packs, then 1 of them must be a resculpt. What will they change on the resculpt? Will the other figures conform to this change (such as soft-goods or molded seated characters?)

Feasibly, the same 7 TPM, or the same 9 AOTC figures they have ALREADY MADE, could be resculpted, sitting down. Hasbro could cut costs by using the same molds for heads and some body parts of characters they have already done.

Eventually, a seated soft-goods Council from each movie would be nice - though I hope they'd include their lightsabers, hidden somewhere out of sight in the box, were they seated, not wielding them in the packaging.

I'd like all these figures, but I'd prefer Owen, Cliegg, and Beru before some of the others.

I'd prefer 5 new Jedi, before any seated resculpts.

Old Fossil
01-26-2003, 02:43 AM
I don't know. I shudder to think what Hasbro would do to a Cliegg Lars figure. Remember the horror that was POTF2 Uncle Owen? And Wuher was not quite what you would call a stellar figure. Hasbro just doesn't seem to do scruffy-lookin' men very well. Maybe it would be better to give us more Jedi to add to the lineup we already have.

Tycho
01-26-2003, 03:00 AM
Oops. Here is a really good picture of Tatooine Travel Padme without her cloak she wears when they first arrive (hood up) and while she's on the rickshaw.

At the Lars' dining table, she appears to have discarded it, and she is not wearing it at all when she goes (in this scene) to see Anakin off on the speederbike.

It will do well to compliment Anakin on the speeder that we're also getting this year.

2-1B
01-26-2003, 03:49 AM
What do I think?

They should make a 3 pack of Owen, Beru, and Cliegg.
They should make Jedi 3 packs to finish off BOTH councils.

Problem solved! :)

Jek Porky 2002
01-26-2003, 05:44 AM
I'd much rather see more Jedi Council figures at this point than the Lars family, and I want to see them all resculpted too!

mark2d2
01-26-2003, 06:49 AM
I so OVER Jedi figures . . . They all look like they wandered in from a freeze frame of the most intense scene ever in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

I wish the characters actual actions had been half as dynamic as their figures.

I had high hopes for the Lars Homestead. Oh, well. It seems lately everything that appeals to me lately falls through. Time to turn to Lego, I guess.:rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
01-26-2003, 10:07 AM
I was really disappointed to see that the Homestead scene pack was cancelled. Perhaps the figures will wander onto the pegs as carded items. Perhaps they won't. That's a shame, because for all of the "exciting" and "weird" aliens/droids/jedi we get... you'd think they could bother with giving us some of the more "human" characters.

Oh, well... :zzz: :( :cry:

TheDarthVader
01-26-2003, 01:37 PM
I would rather have the entire jedi council than the lars homestead. The council members are so cool...I love them. I wouldn't mind just 1 resculpt in order to have the complete set of the council...maybe another new Plo Koon?? He's one of my favorite characters in the films.

Kidhuman
01-26-2003, 01:39 PM
Both sound interesting. I would prefer the Lars 3 pack at this point just because we have lots of Jedis already. Maybe they will make both for us and make us happy.

Jargo
01-26-2003, 02:49 PM
Again with the assumptions. I suggest that one of the jedi council sets would be mace windu, Obi-Yawn and Yoda. The other being Yareal Poof, Oppo Rancisis and Depa Billaba. It would be easier to shove Even piell and yaddle on a card together seeing as the smaller figures done as 2-packs seem to be going down quite well lately. The Lars homestead pack being cancelled altogether would be a bad move IMO. Doesn't mean it would necessarily have included any of the Lars clan though. Could have been the garage scene or the scene where Anakin resolves to go find his Mother and says goodbye to Padme.
I'm happy for there to be two jedi council sets, I'd happily take the two smallest unmade Jedi as a 2-pack. I'd prefer to get a Tatooine set though as it's my favourite locale in the saga. There are far too many jedi figure coming out this year already and I think there is room for at least some other types of character despite what Hasbro seems to think with the poor showing of background characters this year.
Yes it's cool there are soldiers and defenders of the peace and all that clones crap and gubbins but star wars is more than the bits with war. Star wars is richer and more diverse design wise than a few boring brown robes and a bit of space hardware.

Prince Xizor
01-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Being a fan of more action-oriented figures, I would perfer the Jedi 3-pack instead of a Lars Homestead pack.

(Yes I know, the 5 Jedi they have yet to make don't have action scenes in the actual movies, but if they aren't sitting down figures, I think they would look better in an action scene then some chick named Beru.)

jjreason
01-26-2003, 07:28 PM
My preference is for more new Jedi characters. Finish off the Council, Pablo Jill, and then some different recognizable races as Jedi. I loved the Nikto because it was an odd choice and stands out amongst the other Jedi Knights, as do Eeth Koth and the other non humans.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2003, 07:54 PM
I'd like the Lars family, but I'd like the Jedi Council even more. It'd be great if they made 2 more packs, then maybe even a last one with Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin figures standing in the center. When they make a Mace, he needs a Jedi testing viewscreen.:)

evenflow
01-27-2003, 09:14 AM
I think if they are going to produce all of the remaining Jedi COuncil members instead of the Lars family, it's cool. I just hope they get around to making them because i want Owen, Beru, and Cliegg Lars. If they have to repeat one of the Jedi it should be set up like this:

Set 1:

Oppo Rancisis
Yareal Poof
Yaddle

Set 2:

Depa Billaba
Even Piel
Eeth Koth (Neutral pose)

Jayspawn
01-27-2003, 09:18 AM
I still want the Homestead 3-pack. First because I still really want Beru, Owen and Cliegg Larrs figures. They might come with a nice backdrop or setup.

Bring it on Hasbro!

Jargo
01-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Larrs :D ...........

Arrrrrrr Jim lad, shiver me timbers and hoist the mainsail. :Pirate:

;)

JEDIpartner
01-28-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
Finish off the Council, Pablo Jill, and then some different recognizable races as Jedi.

Pablo Jill...? I think she was my waitress at Don Pablo's the other night. Nice girl... needs a new hairstylist, but she got a nice tip from the table.

Tycho
01-28-2003, 02:06 PM
Just an FYI of who sits next to each other on the Jedi Council:

In RIGHT to left order around the room, and starting with the door, the seating in Episode One is :

Depa Billaba----Eeth Koth---Yarael Poof-----Adi Gallia

.........................................Coleman Trebor (E2)

Oppo Rancisis----Even Piel---Yaddle----SaeSee Tiin

............................................Shaak-Ti (E2)

Ki-Adi Mundi ---- Yoda----Mace Windu----- Plo Koon

So, if they do "actual movie scenes" - they could give us an accurate one with 3 new Jedi by doing Oppo, Even Piel, Yaddle.

Or since they never made Depa Billaba, they do her, a "relaxed Eeth Koth," and Yarael Poof as a second set!

Adi Gallia never had an "E2 figure" specifically, so her 'updated,' with Oppo and Even Piel, also works, going around the room outside of the specific groups of 4 I picked.

Either way we get some new Jedi Masters without more Yoda and Mace Windu resculpts :rolleyes:

187-Maul
01-28-2003, 02:19 PM
I prefer having the jedis too, since I just like the jedis more then some farmers:D
but as we know hasbro, I wouldn't really be surprised if they gave us another yoda...but as long as they will do Yarael Poof I'm happy, he just looks so cool (and he has a cool lightsaber, according to EU)

OC47150
01-29-2003, 05:03 PM
If I had a say in the matter, I'd pick the Jedis, especially if we're going to get Even Piel. He looks like one bad-a@# Jedi!

But still, I'd like to see Cliegg Lars either way -- in a three-pack or by himself.

PloKoon2385
01-29-2003, 06:52 PM
I would much prefer the Jedi! The Lars are cool and all, but Hasbro never gives three all new figures in a Cinema Scene. So, it'd probably be the Anakin, Padme and C-3PO that was mentioned. Or they'd only include two of the Lars. The Jedi however are cooler and they are needed more! I'd even take a resculpted jedi because the ones we have are in extreme poses. Jedi!

Tycho
01-29-2003, 07:30 PM
I have my hopes higher than that, because in the history of cinema scenes, Hasbro has done several packs with all-new figures:

Jabba's Dancers aren't available any other way.

Skiff Guards

Rebel Pilots

Cantina Aliens (Nabrum Leids, Takeel, Labrina)

and

The Jedi Ghosts and Watto's Box Seats came very close.