PDA

View Full Version : Best Superbowl Commercial

Kidhuman
01-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Well its only halftime and I thought i would start this thread rather than hear Shania Twain squeal in agony. So far I liked the Yao Ming Visa commercial. Second is the Bud Light where the guy puts the dog on his head.

JediTricks
01-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Except for the product itself, the Osbournes Pepsi Twist commercial.

James Boba Fettfield
01-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Boo that Pepsi commercial. The last thing I want to see is more of that annoying family.

Now to the best I saw so far: I enjoyed the Bud commercial about the zebra referee reviewing a play in the horses' game.

QLD
01-26-2003, 10:59 PM
I liked the commercial with the "office linebacker". Otherwise, there weren't many commercials that stood out this year.

Kidhuman
01-27-2003, 05:53 AM
Office linebacker was a good one. 3 armed man was too.

Dark Knight
01-27-2003, 07:51 AM
What about the bud light commercial? It's where the goes looks like he walking on his hands and orders a bud light and then starts pouring it down his @##.

James Boba Fettfield
01-27-2003, 12:13 PM
And then he asks if he can get a hot dog. Good stuff.

darthvyn
01-27-2003, 12:39 PM
matrix and hulk????? hello! and the cadillac commercial where they finally showed the XLR was great...

James Boba Fettfield
01-27-2003, 12:44 PM
Cars=not funny
Hulk=not new
Matrix=That was good

Rogue II
01-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
What about the bud light commercial? It's where the goes looks like he walking on his hands and orders a bud light and then starts pouring it down his @##.

...and they didn't serve him a hot dog.

I almost fell off the couch when I saw that one. :D I couldn't stop laughing.

darthvyn
01-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Cars=not funny
Hulk=not new
Matrix=That was good

no one said anything about FUNNY... just "best" - and this new cadillac is an amazing car. it's basically a cadillac corvette!

the hulk was new to anyone that didn't see the crappy low res .mov file - and it was better quality...

and yes, the matrix was good.

EricRG
01-28-2003, 02:27 AM
Best one was the clown/beer/hot dog. Hilarious AND best.

Second was dreaddog.

Halftime was horrible. Sting really has gone fully down the ****er.

Rogue II
01-28-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by EricRG
Halftime was horrible. Sting really has gone fully down the ****er.

True. And the pre-game show was evev worse. Who picks these acts?

QLD
01-28-2003, 06:44 AM
Actually, I enjoyed the No Doubt and Sting fan. But I guess because I like both a lot. I'm just glad Sting didn't sing one of his newer songs.

EricRG
01-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Don't get me wrong...Ima HUGE Sting fan. But his performance was, quite frankly boring and a boring song selection. It just seems since he started doing those car commercials that he's really really sucked.

Rogue II
01-28-2003, 01:39 PM
I like the Police and Sting as well. But like EricRG said it was a boring performance and what does "Message in a Bottle" have to do with the Super Bowl? What does Shania Twain and No Doubt have to do with Sting?

I guess it just boils down to me not liking Halftime Shows. The whole Super Bowl is over-hyped and has been for several years. All of the extra attention that the game gets drives me away.

QLD
01-28-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm not a fan of halftime shows either, but that was the best one I have seen, well, ever I think. There were no crazy smoke and mirror stunts, just a few people singing. I guess I thought it was refreshing. I guess my really being a huge No Doubt fan, and Message in a Bottle being probably my favorite Police song, may have given me a bias.

SuperBattleDroid88
01-28-2003, 05:14 PM
I think all the half time shows are pretty much boring except for the Super Bowl XXX show... That was the best one IMHO. :)

Kidhuman
01-28-2003, 06:22 PM
I really am not a fan of half-time shows. I usually flip the channel for 15 minutes, but this year I started this thread because I didn't care for anything else on TV.

JediTricks
01-28-2003, 07:47 PM
I liked what Jon Stewart said about the Sting/No Doubt part of the show, something like: "it's a beautiful song about loneliness... sung as a duet... in front of half a billion people". :D

2-1B
01-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Now to the best I saw so far: I enjoyed the Bud commercial about the zebra referee reviewing a play in the horses' game.

"That ref's a jack***."
"I think it's a zebra."

That could possibly be the greatest commercial ever! :crazed:

mrmiller
01-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Humm.. No one has mentioned it, but besides the Office Linebacker one, I like the Budweiser one with the "Want to know what she'll look like when she gets older? What's her Mom look like" reference. All you married fellas out there know what I'm talking about.
:eek:

=MATT=

JediTricks
01-30-2003, 07:23 PM
That's one problem that Budweiser has, when they do too many comedy commercials, even funny ones aren't enough for me. The "large rump" joke might have been funny a year ago or more to me, but now it's not another ad.

Kidhuman
01-30-2003, 09:36 PM
It was alright(the rump commercial) but I think office linebacker stole the show.

QLD
01-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Yeah, office linebacker was hands down the best IMO.

El Chuxter
01-30-2003, 10:14 PM
The Hulk, hands down! As soon as it was over, I picked up the phone to call my best friend back in VA. And as I got my hands on the receiver, it rang. That commercial ellicited quite a few dumbfounded profanities between the two of us as we expressed how our lives had just forever changed for the better. :)

Office linebacker was pretty funny. I laughed at that one for quite a while.

Caesar's favorite was almost as good, but didn't quite live up to the office linebacker.

Terminator 3. . . it just hurt my head as I wondered where and, more importantly, when there are still Terminators to come back from.

Matrix. . . ah, call me nuts, but everyone here knows I think the first one is a decent but highly overrated movie that doesn't need a sequel. This trailer didn't change my mind (nor have any of the others I've been subjected to at the theater).

The Alias commercials. . . well, they were certainly fun to look at, even if I still think the show is dull. ;)

Halftime. . . a complete waste. I used to really like Shania Twain, but her new material and performances have been more soulless than a Celine Dion marathon. No Doubt and Sting were pretty cool, but it bugged me that I couldn't figure out why they were there.

The pre- and post- shows with Carlos Santana and Bon Jovi, though, were priceless.

And the Dixie Chicks did one of the best renditions of the Star Spangled Banner I've ever heard. Man, those Chicks can sing!

Emperor Howdy
01-31-2003, 12:54 AM
Hmmm, best thing about the Super Bowl was watching Tampa spank the little girls of Oakland. :evil:

As for commercials, I kinda liked the Castaway reference FedEx commercial.

".....by the way, what's in the package?"

".....oh, nothing really...a satellite phone, some flares, seeds, blah, blah, blah.......just silly stuff...."

That made me laugh.

JediTricks
01-31-2003, 03:31 AM
EH, if Oakland and Tampa are both teams named after the same thing, what does that make Tampa? :D

(ps - for those who feel the above comment totally missed them, "Buccaneers" and "Raiders" are both terms referring to pirates. Hopefully you could have figured that out by each team's logo though.);)

mabudonicus
01-31-2003, 08:41 AM
I'm not a football fan, so I didn't see it, but one of my best friends was in some kind of Ladieswear (and mens underwear)commercial that showed during the superbowl (not sure whether it was Canadian or US broadcast, may not have even shown here), it'll be online soon (or now) at gotagless.com, I'll post the URL next time I'm here, just for fun

Emperor Howdy
01-31-2003, 01:37 PM
Thanks mabudon! I look forward to seeing your friend in underwear!! Heheheheheheh...eheh.....heh..........heh......... .....heh.......

...oh. :stupid:

Patient Zero
01-31-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
I'm not a football fan, so I didn't see it, but one of my best friends was in some kind of Ladieswear (and mens underwear)commercial that showed during the superbowl (not sure whether it was Canadian or US broadcast, may not have even shown here), it'll be online soon (or now) at gotagless.com, I'll post the URL next time I'm here, just for fun

Was it a guy in girls underwear or a girl in guys underwear?

mabudonicus
02-07-2003, 10:24 AM
You know, I'm not sure.... now I don't have the URL either, so I'll get it and put it up here... my connection is so slow it's gonna take some doing to see it myself, I'll prolly have to get a burned copy.... I never even spoke to him about it, he lives in Toronto and is kinda hard to get a hold of... the commercial had Jackie Chan in it, I know that much, but my buddy said that he didn't see him at any point

Kidhuman
02-07-2003, 11:03 AM
What the Hanes T-shirt commercial?

mabudonicus
02-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Was jackie Chan in it?? That sounds right, it was hanes IIRC, he's a red-headed guy, martial artist and all.... was it an alright spot??

2-1B
02-08-2003, 03:03 PM
I thought it was a dumb commercial, I've never had problems with T-Shirt tags. :)

mabudonicus
02-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Right.... well, maybe that's why he never really said anything about it.. it was really about how annoying t-shirt tags are???
Ahhh. nothing like fabricated needs for a society that has about 10 times more of everything than we could ever need, let alone justify:):):)
Thanks Caesar, now I know I never missed anything....
Funny thing is, the buddy that was in that commercial used to work here in town with Russian scientists who were doing work with vibrational healing techniques and stuff (not too sure about it, he thought it was something though)
Man, what a career move... now THAT's irony!!!!

:):):):):)