PDA

View Full Version : Marmit Darth Vader

artdoesart
08-17-2001, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know if there is any truth to the release of a Darth Vader Marmit figure?

Entertainment Earth seems to post one coming in December but i have never seen or heard anything about this.. i hope this is true though, if so i am sure it will be great just like the Boba Fett!

humsup
08-17-2001, 09:56 PM
I know Marmit are currently drafting a prototype on the AT-AT Driver. That makes sense as the helmet looks so similar to Tie Pilot which was already out and it should be a easier release than the brand new head sculpt for Vader.
Meanwhile, I've heard too quite some time ago that Marmit are also looking into Vader and it has been no news since.

artdoesart
08-17-2001, 11:16 PM
wow.. i thought they were all great except for the tie fighter pilot. i mean the head (helmet) is so huge.. i do not know if this is to scale or not but it looked funny. i kind of think they are getting greedy now and not producing as nice as they could.. but boba fett was great!

humsup
08-19-2001, 09:34 AM
The big head you mention for the Marmit Tie Pilot could NEVER be bigger than that from Hasbro. But come to think of it, you have a standard Stormtrooper helmet and on top of that, got to add another layer of shell to it - probably to give the pilot more head protection from the space turbulant :) - the size from the Marmit one is quite comprehensive and accurate.

But here in Singapore, the Tie Pilot is the cheapest among the 4 releases and from the name alone - Marmit - I think I'll be getting one Pilot to see for myself. But gotta get the money first :(

humsup
08-20-2001, 07:23 AM
Saw this latest news from collectstarwars.com on Marmit :

"Marmit Japan notifies us about new release dates for 3 kits coming out this year. The white pauldroned Sandtrooper (sargeant) will be released at the end of the month while the new 2nd version Stormtrooper will be out in November and the AT-AT Driver in December. The AT-AT Driver will have two kinds of marked helmets, 4 pairs of gloves and a laser rifle. The pricepoint will be between 9800 to 12000 yen. "

Hope this news is good news to you :)

evenflow
08-20-2001, 10:32 AM
I also heard about a Marmit Royal Guard. I would want one of those, any info on that?

artdoesart
08-20-2001, 01:30 PM
:eek: are u serious? a marmit royal guard? or did u just make that up? that would be way cool.. i am just hoping for a darth vader, but we will see. i imaging he would be the most expensive considering there is a lot of detailing involved.

evenflow
08-20-2001, 04:16 PM
I did hear about it, i don't know if it was rumored, cancelled, or in cosideration. Still, I did read about it.

humsup
08-21-2001, 07:44 AM
Sorry guys, I've never heard anything about the Royal Guard from Marmit. I am still currently looking for the Emperor and Guard 2 pack selling cheap here.....still waiting..... waiting.... wait...... wai..... wa...... w...... ZzzZZzzzz

artdoesart
08-22-2001, 03:57 PM
hey forget about the 2-pack if marmit comes out with the royal guard that would be nice.....

lets all hope.. but the hasbro two pack is nice as well... where are u at anyways HUMSUP?:confused:

bigbarada
08-23-2001, 09:19 PM
wow.. i thought they were all great except for the tie fighter pilot. i mean the head (helmet) is so huge..

If you look at the reference photos for the TIE Pilot from the Visual Dictionary, then you'll see that their helmet is normally really big. I like it, it gives them a goofy cartoon character look, which is why they've always been some of my favorite Imperials.

I'll actually try to find a picture to post here, so you can see what I'm talking about.

bigbarada
08-23-2001, 09:52 PM
Here you go hope this is clear. Look at the size of that melon!!

JediTricks
08-24-2001, 11:59 AM
Of course their heads are big, it's a Stormtrooper helmet INSIDE of an X-wing pilot helmet.

humsup
08-25-2001, 09:10 PM
I'm from Singapore as you can see from my profile :)

I can still see all 4 of the current releases in the store shelves probably due to the price tags. But we are quite lucky here that most of the time, we need not resolve to online purchasing cos people here get new things in quite quickly.

Heard the white pouldron Marmit Sandtrooper was released in Hong Kong last week? I guess we'll be seeing it soon here in Singapore and the price should be about S$165 (US$1 = S$1.8)

Cheers!!
By the way, I saw you at 1/6 Warrior forum and I guess theres a couple of Singaporeans there :)

AmanaMatt
08-29-2001, 12:53 AM
from what I understand, this is what we have to look foward to from Marmit:

Sandtrooper White Pauldron (now shipping) + Black Pauldron

Stormtrooper -w/ refitting (your guess is as good as mine)

Royal Guard

At At Driver - proto pics at Collectstarwars.com

Vader - on again/ off again - apparently it is happening!

I'd love to see:

Biker Scout
Snowtrooper
Imperial Gunner

artdoesart
08-30-2001, 03:14 AM
is it true that a tie fighter helmet is suppose to be big enought o fit a regular helmet inside? i just thought that they messed up or that tie fighters helmets were just big due to breathing equip etc...

JediTricks
08-30-2001, 11:16 AM
Take the front (faceplate) part of a Stormtrooper helmet, put it inside of an X-wing helmet without it's visor, paint the whole thing black, and you have a TIE Pilot helmet. I'm not sure if it fits the WHOLE stormie helmet inside, but it fits a large portion of it.

artdoesart
08-30-2001, 02:02 PM
jedi tricks,

i see what u are saying but is it "desinged" this way like is that how it really is n the star wars universe? or is this a possible error?

bigbarada
08-30-2001, 05:39 PM
Remember the old saying, if it shows up in the main films it's canon?

The X-Wing/TIE Pilot helmets are molded from actual Air Force helmets that have been discontinued (the "mohawk" was added to make it seem more exotic) So these helmets are no bigger than actual military flight helmets.

JediTricks
08-31-2001, 11:28 AM
Art, yes this was done on purpose, Lucas was being cost-effective by reusing these 2 helmets together in the film. I actually first noticed that the TIE helmets were just stormtrooper and X-wing helmets together while watching ANH:SE at the Mann Chinese back in '97.

Barada, remember that they're RAF (Royal Air Force of the UK) helmets, so the size may be different than the common USAF helmets (which aren't that small anyway, IIRC). I mean, the one Luke wears in ANH isn't small, it's actually quite big on his melon.

DarthQuack
05-04-2008, 11:52 PM
How wise JT really is....it's scary.

sergiurusu
07-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Here is an interesting pic

JediTricks
07-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Wow, Medicom's figure is TIIIINY! And there are a lot of scaling issues between Marmit and the real deal.

sergiurusu
07-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Too bad we'll never see a Marmit Vader. We'll see a Sideshow Vader and I really hope they don't screw it!:sleeping: