PDA

View Full Version : Any word on The Lion King DVD?

AT-AT Man
01-27-2003, 09:20 PM
when the Lion KIng will be released on SE DVD or on DVD period, i really want it now that i saw the imax version.

Beast
01-27-2003, 09:28 PM
Same time that Snow White and Beauty and the Beast were released in Disney's Platinum DVD line. October. From everything I've read, it will be feature packed. May want to make the title of the thread, a tad less vague. ;) :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
01-28-2003, 07:34 PM
my bad i meant any

JediTricks
01-28-2003, 11:03 PM
I fixed the "ant" to "any" but it's still pretty vague.

Eternal Padawan
01-29-2003, 06:47 PM
Any Word?

Virginian. There's a word.

Sasquatch. There's another word.

Jockstrap. Yet another word.

Blueberry. I could keep this up all day.

Vermillion.

Pancreas.

Juniper.

Fritada.

Banjo.

Supercillious.

Crabapple.

Honesty.

Sveldt.

Delicious.

Transient. Had enough?

One final word: October.

AT-AT Man
01-29-2003, 07:11 PM
ok how bout any word on The Lion King DVD

Fulit
01-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

Vermillion.

Fritada.

Supercillious.

Sveldt.

Delicious.

Now complete it and supply the definition for these.

Eternal Padawan
01-30-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man
ok how bout any word on The Lion King DVD

Two Words: Hakuna matata. (What a wonderful phrase) ;)

Eternal Padawan
01-30-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Now complete it and supply the definition for these.
Vermillion: A dark shade of red. ( My new sweater is tope and vermillion.)

Fritata: An open faced omelette with meat, cheese, etc (We had fritatas for lunch.)

Supercilious : Feeling or showing disdain (She acted supercilious at seeing my new sweater.)

Svelte: Slender, graceful, slim (My new sweater makes me lool sleek and svelte.)

Delicious: highly agreeable to the senses, especially taste and smell. (The fritatas were delicious.)

:)

Fulit
01-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Oops, I didn't mean to include delicious, I was aware of its meaning.

El Chuxter
01-30-2003, 10:54 PM
It's been confirmed for October. Since B&TB and Lion King both hit IMAX theaters the December before their DVD releases, Aladdin has been informally confirmed for October 2004 (as it is going to IMAX at the end of this year).

BTW, on a slightly related note, Treasure Planet hits DVD on April 29 for those five other folks who saw it. :Pirate: Unfortunately, Disney seems to have foregone the 2-disc deluxe sets they'd been putting out of their new releases, leaving this and Lilo & Stitch (both of which deserve super-duper, fully-loaded 2-disc deluxe sets) high and dry. :mad:

Eternal Padawan
01-31-2003, 01:19 PM
isn't a Lilo and Stitch 2 disc on the way? I didn't buy the one that was out because I was waiting for the better version. Sometime in March I heard...

El Chuxter
01-31-2003, 03:13 PM
Some exec at Disney decided to axe any 2-disc special editions for any future new cartoons. :mad: This is supposedly a cost-saving measure, even though I'd guess a large portion of the expense goes into development, which was completely done on Lilo & Stitch before the movie even hit theaters!! I read a lengthy article about this, and I'll try to track it down and post a link here or forward it to you.

So I broke down and got the no-frills DVD. Most of the "extras" are crap, though a little of what looked like it would've been better suited for a deluxe edition (like a short on the design style of the movie) made it on. But I figured it was on sale for $14 at my local WM, and I got $2 (or was that $3?) off the CD for picking it up. So if Disney does backpedal on this, I'm not out too much.