PDA

View Full Version : Princess Leia IS sexy!

stillakid
01-28-2003, 11:55 AM
This thread http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=201372#post201372 suggested that the upcoming UnLeashed Leia (http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=30270) is innappropriate for the toy line because the portrayal (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=204805#post204805) is "out of character."

Ok, maybe.

So what would the reaction to a figure based on this Leia be:

LTBasker
01-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Actually she's just laying there, it just looks sexy to you.

Not too mention she was feeling high & mighty at that point since she had something witty to say against a Stormtrooper, and could say it. :D

The Overlord Returns
01-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Well, seeing as I have never seen a single unleashed figure at retail, and I've only found them at direct market levels, I don't see this thing crawling into the hands of too many kids.

If a parent doesn't want their kid owning it, they won't allow them to buy it, plain and simple.

The fact is, Leia was sexy in the outfit, and EVERY fanboy I know has the "slave leia" fantasy (see the episode of friends). This is marketed to we adult collectors, that's plain as day to me.

So, I say, Yes to Slave Leia....

stillakid
01-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Actually she's just laying there, it just looks sexy to you.

Perhaps, but to be fair on both sides, the photo is a moment in time that is taken out of context. Pop in the tape and watch how she slides into that pose. It certainly wasn't "necessary" for her to end up like that. It's with that in mind that I labeled it as "sexy." :)

The Overlord Returns
01-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Actually, I've never thought of "sticky buns attached to head" leia as sexy. For me, it's only the ROTJ look that has a hold on me....

jpak001
01-28-2003, 01:15 PM
I think she looks hot laying there in here cell like that. I'll be her cell-mate anytime ;) *wolf-wistles*

Seriously though, I agree with TOR. These are aimed at adult collectors, and if parents don't want their kids to have 'em, they need to be vigilant about it. This isn't Hasbros responsibility. (hardly any kids want these statues anyway, their not toys IMO)

Just like rated R movies on HBO, or even adult movies on pay-per-view. If folks don't want kids to watch, they need to be all over it.

BTW: I can't wait to "score" this Leia! Ha HA!

stillakid
01-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Actually, I've never thought of "sticky buns attached to head" leia as sexy. For me, it's only the ROTJ look that has a hold on me....

As far as the hair goes, I'll agree. This look was far better:

The Overlord Returns
01-28-2003, 02:03 PM
Agreed.

Beast
01-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Frankly, I never really considered the Slave outfit all that sexy. It leaves nothing at all to the imagination. My favorite Leia outfit is her Bespin Gown. She really does belong among the clouds. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
01-28-2003, 07:02 PM
You guys are all wrong! Have you seen Carrie Fisher lately!!!??

What a fox!!!!!

Beast
01-28-2003, 07:11 PM
True, she was pretty hot in the nun habit from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
01-28-2003, 07:26 PM
I always thought she was good looking. Had a crush on her back when I was 5

fourtwo
01-28-2003, 09:17 PM
she's aight, she's no queen amidala though
rawr...hubba hubba!
:D

JangoFart
01-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Since I can't decide which one I'd rather - Leia in her prime or Amidala now - I've decided to try them both. I'll let y'all know the outcome :)

J

QLD
01-28-2003, 10:28 PM
I don't want Deadeye's seconds, so I'll take Fisher!

AdmiralPiett
01-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Is this "toy" actually out in stores yet? Because I'm gonna be all over it when it is.... and NO I don't mean that literally! :D
Piett

2-1B
01-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Frankly, I never really considered the Slave outfit all that sexy. It leaves nothing at all to the imagination.

Nothing to the imagination ?
What about your Cenobites?
I'd hardly believe that "sexy" bald chicks with gaping neck wounds or gashes in their heads leave ANYTHING to the imagination! :crazed:

Carrie Fisher was sexy (WAS, I said WAS) during the OT, but is that the actual theme that they are pushing with the Unleashed?
Seriously, will that be the trait that they push it with ? (i.e. Rage, Fury, etc.) :confused:

Beast
01-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Nothing wrong with sexy bald chicks in black leather/vinyl with piercings and large gashes and gaping wounds in the head and or body. They are supposed to look sexy and sickening at the same time. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
01-28-2003, 10:49 PM
[Originally posted by Caesar[/i]
Nothing to the imagination ?
What about your Cenobites?
I'd hardly believe that "sexy" bald chicks with gaping neck wounds or gashes in their heads leave ANYTHING to the imagination!:crazed:

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Nothing wrong with sexy bald chicks in black leather/vinyl with piercings and large gashes and gaping wounds in the head and or body. They are supposed to look sexy and sickening at the same time.:p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ummmm . . . guys, lets tone it back a bit here. That's treading into some dangerous ground there.:rolleyes:

fourtwo
01-29-2003, 03:41 AM
crazy buggers.
:crazed:

Lewis
01-29-2003, 11:34 AM
I think that the Leia Unleashed will make a really nice display piece and yes it is a bit sexy,it looks really well made and good detail :p

Jargo
01-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Carrie fisher was never a stunner until she got her baps out for the lads and went anorexic skinny. Prior to that she was a dumpy chick who reminded you of your sister. Not sexy. She's never been the best looking woman facially ever although i would never say she didn't have an attractive air about her. She most certainly isn't ugly. But sexy? I have to disagree. Agreed though that as statuary it's probably a fine piece. If you like that sort of thing gathering a fine layer of shedded dead skin cells and lint on some shelf somewhere. I really shouldn't have said that as i now have a mental image of some heavy breathing spotty nerd polishing slave leia... that's a nasty nasty thought. Damn! :dead:

QLD
01-29-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Carrie fisher was never a stunner until she got her baps out for the lads and went anorexic skinny. Prior to that she was a dumpy chick who reminded you of your sister. Not sexy. She's never been the best looking woman facially ever although i would never say she didn't have an attractive air about her. She most certainly isn't ugly. But sexy? I have to disagree. Agreed though that as statuary it's probably a fine piece. If you like that sort of thing gathering a fine layer of shedded dead skin cells and lint on some shelf somewhere. I really shouldn't have said that as i now have a mental image of some heavy breathing spotty nerd polishing slave leia... that's a nasty nasty thought. Damn! :dead:

You know, that is the most intelligent post regarding Princess Leia being sexy that I have ever heard. I have always thought that people's childhood fantasies and fandom over-exaggerated her attractiveness.