PDA

View Full Version : Spielberg's Next Movie

Imperial Monarche
01-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Does anybody out there know what Sielberg's next movie is going to be?

oh, as a side note, has anybody noticed a pattern in the last three movies he directed. Does he have some kind of fetish for cat and mouse movies. A.I. is bout a robotic boy running from his makers, trying to find his owners. Minority Report is bout a man falsely accused and goes on the run from the police. Catch Me if you Can is pretty self-explanitory.

James Boba Fettfield
01-28-2003, 02:57 PM
I read an article about him doing a film called Abraham Lincoln soon. Not sure what role he would be playing though, like director or producer, etc.

Exhaust Port
01-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Abraham Lincoln? So who's the movie about? ;)

The Overlord Returns
01-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Abraham Lincoln? So who's the movie about? ;)

John Wilkes Booth, oddly enough.

12inch Lando
01-28-2003, 04:54 PM
...running from the scene of the crime! Natch! :p

Exhaust Port
01-28-2003, 05:36 PM
I figured it would be about the history of the penny.

Beast
01-28-2003, 05:57 PM
The Lincoln movie, from what I understand is a documentary for the Lincoln museum or somthing like that. I would have to dig up my info on the movie again. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
01-28-2003, 06:19 PM
i think the documentary he's going to make is about george washington.

from http://www.spielbergfilms.com/
Steven Spielberg is being commissioned by the Mount Vernon George Washington Memorial to create a short 15 min. film focusing on Washington's war efforts. The film will be played at the visitor's center of Mount Vernon, and according to the Mount Vernon Memorial director James Rees, it will hopefully be "an action-oriented film, something downright exciting, to reflect the exciting personality of Washington."

The film will be a centerpiece of the new $85 million dollar museum celebrating the United States' first President and war hero.

The film is scheduled to premiere at Mount Vernon in 2006

the abe lincoln movie is based on the yet unreleased book by dorris kearns goodwin.:)

James Boba Fettfield
01-28-2003, 06:20 PM
This is what I am talking about.

Steven Spielberg Talks Abraham Lincoln
Thursday, January 23, 2003 8:13 CST

Columnist Cindy Pearlman says Steven Spielberg may start on the movie about Abraham Lincoln soon.

"I think history is important. I know I want to make a movie about Lincoln and I have a script in development about his relationship with Frederick Douglass," he says, "I'll probably make this within the next two years."

Gladiator co-writer John Logan scripted the biopic of Lincoln for DreamWorks partner Spielberg to direct. The project focuses on how the 16th U.S. president steered the country through the Civil War.

Tom Hanks has been linked to the film and to Abraham Lincoln genealogically. Tom's related to Abe's mom Nancy Hanks.

Beast
01-28-2003, 06:27 PM
Ah, ok. I knew he was filming a documentary on some president. Looks like I mixed up the Washington documentary with the Lincoln movie. Thanks guys. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
01-29-2003, 12:08 PM
I don't know if it's his next film, but he's working on an adaptation of Memoirs of a Geisha. I read that in the liner of a book by someone who's a consultant on the film. (Unfortunately, I can't remember off-hand what book or author that is.)

My thoughts: "Cool! A Japanese-influenced John Williams soundtrack!" :D

Eternal Padawan
01-29-2003, 05:42 PM
I think he dropped the Geisha movie after dancing around it for a decade. Last time I saw that movie mentioned, somebody elses name was on the director's chair.

And I remember reading a quote from Steve (before Minority Report was released ) that said "...after this movie (MR) and my next movie (Catch Me If You Can) are wrapped up and releasd I'm throwing all my effort into the next Indiana Jones movie."

What's up with that Stevie? I want my IJ4!

Beast
01-29-2003, 05:50 PM
George Lucas and Steven Spielburg are working on IJ4 now. Apperantly Lucas has the script pretty much roughed out, and things are moving along smoothly. The film will supposedly open in Fall/Winter 2005.

And to get everyone pumped up for it, they will be releasing a Indiana Jones movie on DVD each year. Paramont wants to release all three in a boxed set, but Lucas and Spielburg want to release one a year. And we know who will likely win that fight. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
01-29-2003, 11:00 PM
Thats what I like to hear!

"What happens at eleven o'clock?" - Sean Connery in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"