PDA

View Full Version : What did they do w/ Anakin's arm?

Fulit
01-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Did a Clonetrooper pick it up and put it in a trashcan on the way out? Did they just leave it where it was? If it was my arm, you know what I'd do? Save it in a big jar of formaldehyde and carry it around with me, so when someone asks, "Can you give me a hand?", or at "Let's give her a big hand!", I'd have a great response. I just love jokes like that.

The Overlord Returns
01-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Something tells me you meant to put this in the Movies section.....

Patient Zero
01-28-2003, 03:23 PM
In the SW universe, what do they do with their dead? Bury? Cremate? :confused:

The Overlord Returns
01-28-2003, 03:28 PM
Well, we've seen 2 cremations.........I think that's the way to go.

Fulit
01-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Something tells me you meant to put this in the Movies section.....

oops. can i do that now? how?

Fulit
01-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna

Don't they also put them in a space coffin and eject them into space? I know I read that somewhere.

The Overlord Returns
01-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Don't they also put them in a space coffin and eject them into space? I know I read that somewhere.

I think you're thinking of what they did with spock in Wrath of Kahn.....

LTBasker
01-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna

We've seen two cremations and a burial, then again on Tatooine I dunno if they'd actually want to add to the heat.

It would make sense if they're on a starship, like in Star Trek, but I've never heard of it being done in the SW uni.

Patient Zero
01-28-2003, 03:50 PM

That was in several other movies or shows: Babilon 5, Starship troopers, ST (I think).

I know that they seem to do the cremation thing for Jedi and burial for some on Tatooine, but what about the general population in the SW universe? Was this in any of the EU novels? I was just wondering on the possible religious significance of it and the general popluation!?!

The Overlord Returns
01-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
We've seen two cremations and a burial, then again on Tatooine I dunno if they'd actually want to add to the heat.

Oh yeah, forgot about shmi......

Look at this: Bunch a geeks sitting around talking about a completely useless topic which they will never have an answer to. Now this is what the internet is all about ;)

Nataku
01-28-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Unless I'm wrong, Obi-Wan, 3PO, and Luke cremated the Jawa bodies after they came across the Sandcrawler.

Although, they may have only done that because the Stormtroopers started the crawler and scrap on fire, and since the fire was already burning, it was easier to do cremation for the jawas then just leave them lying around.

After all, it doesn't seem like Tatooine has a lot of wood lying around for a bonfire like Naboo or Endor ;)

So, Cremation IS an option on Tatooine, but only after something is already on fire :)

"Quick, something' on fire in Mos Eisley! Round up the dead for burnin' " - Moisture Farmer

Jeff

Jargo
01-28-2003, 04:17 PM
As far as force users and believers are concerned it's probably more respectful to the dead to cremate them and spare them from being torn apart by scavenging vermin like Womp rats and such. Cremation leaves nothing edible really and the ritual act serves as a way to signify the spirit passing over to the force.

mtriv73
01-28-2003, 04:29 PM
What about Yoda and Ben? They just faded away. Maybe the same thing happened to Ani's hand.

The Overlord Returns
01-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Leading GL to add "ani's floating spirit arm" into the ghost shot at the end of ROTJ: archival edition ;)

Patient Zero
01-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Oh yeah, forgot about shmi......

Look at this: Bunch a geeks sitting around talking about a completely useless topic which they will never have an answer to. Now this is what the internet is all about ;)

Well, this is all about a simple movie after all. :p

Jargo
01-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah but they were advanced class Jedi whereas Anakin's arm was just a beginner. I think we're supposed to believe that they just left it there. Anakins arm was cauterised by the saber so they wouldn't be able to re-attach it. The cybernetic arm would be the only way they could go so why bother to save a redundant severed arm? Probably came in handy as a tasty treat for some Geonosian scavenger.

Darth Trymybestus
01-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Maybe they gave it to Leia, I mean Luke got the Lightsaber! :)

Jerjerrod
01-28-2003, 05:23 PM
I think maybe the Jedi prefer to be cremated, but peasants like Shmi prefer to be buried.

Oh, and Anakin's arm, I think those darn Mynocks feasted on it. :D

Beast
01-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Maybe Dooku force pulled it into the ship, and gave it to Darth Sidious sometimes after the events of E2. That way in the EU, Luke can face his clone father, Anakiin. Owww, don't hit. I know Luuke was lame. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fulit
01-28-2003, 06:25 PM
Ok, then, what do you think became of Zam's arm? Did some nightclub patron pick it up as a souvenir? Did the arm turn back into a Clawdite arm? Was it still gripping the gun? Did GL have a preference for above-the-elbow arm detachments in E2? What severance location will prove to be in fashion for E3? Am I thinking too much about severed limbs?

Jargo
01-28-2003, 06:47 PM
No Lucas is obsessed with death and dismemberment. I keep trying to tally up the deaths in star wars but once I hit the millions I kinda lose count. I keep forgetting to count the beasts that die too. kinda creepy when you think about, there's this guy who gets off on showing images of death and destruction while salivating over semi naked chicks with head deformities. I'm glad he aint my dad. Don't care how rich he is he's just plain weird.

mtriv73
01-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Yeah but they were advanced class Jedi whereas Anakin's arm was just a beginner.

What about Qui Gon? He was a Jedi Master and they roasted him like a Ugnaught at a Luau. Nobody is taking this thread seriously, right? I know I'm not.

JEDIpartner
01-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Aside from this having been posted in the wrong section (as mentioned earlier)...

Perhaps they gave it to a Massiff to play with. :eek:

Fulit
01-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by mtriv73
Nobody is taking this thread seriously, right? I know I'm not.

I'm dead serious. I only make serious threads. How dare you all mock my thread this way? :( Vengeance will be mine! :mad:

Sidiously Darth
01-28-2003, 09:20 PM
If you look closely at the Star Wars movies, you'll notice that bodies seem to disappear after they die. For example, when Wicket & Leia beat the crap out of the biker scout, they go to a wide shot. Where's the body?

I think the same goes for Anakins arm. It just vanished.

If you've played any of the SW first person shoot'em ups, the dead guys disappear after a while.:D

Jargo
01-28-2003, 09:41 PM
They burned Qui-Gon because they all fancied baked potato for tea and they neede a bonfire to shove the taties into. Or because it would look pretty at just the right moment. besides which Qui-Gon was a baddun and didnt follow the Jedi code as strictly as he should so they never told him the secret to the disappearing thing just to teach him a lesson. Same with Anakin which is why the had a tatie bonfire with him. Goodie two shoes Jedi or the coolest Jedi get to do the David copperfield disappearing act. Notice how many dead jedi bodies litter the arena floor after the battle there. Why didn't they disappear? Because they weren't part of the cool set in the temple that's why. Yoda set up the disappearing club just so he could be popular and get taken seriously. "First rule of the disappearing club is, there is no dsappearing club."

Actually it's ging to be interesting in EPIII to see which ones disappear and which ones are just not cool enough to make the grade. :D

Chiesa
01-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Are people really gonna debate abt what happens to body parts? :P

Maybe Lucas should take a hint and give us some answers in EP III!! :D

Jayspawn
02-01-2003, 11:34 PM
To be logical, Anakin's arm was probably too dead to be salvaged. He's probably happy enough w/ his mechanical hand as it is.

Darkross
02-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
To be logical, Anakin's arm was probably too dead to be salvaged. He's probably happy enough w/ his mechanical hand as it is.

Yes considering he did get the girl in the end!

stillakid
02-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn

Originally posted by Darkross
Yes considering he did get the girl in the end!

The question is, was she happy with his mechanical arm... :sur:

JON9000
02-03-2003, 10:35 PM
THE KAMINOANS HAVE IT!!!!

Watch out in EU next year for Anakin to be cloned by agroup of fanatics determined to reinvigorate the Empire with a new Darth Vader! (doesn't that sound like some lame-o eu plot?)

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2003, 07:03 PM
You don't need a whole body for a Clone ARMy, do ya...? :p
It's a giant group of Things from the Addams Family, attacking the Separatists! Wait, Separatists... separating from the Republic... arms... separating from bodies. Hey! :rolleyes:

Tonysmo
03-03-2003, 06:24 AM
so....... if Ani loses his arm in AOTC, and he dies in ROTJ, and his spirit shows up at the end of the movie.. how is it he has his arm? To think about it, Ben loses his head, but comes back in spirit pretty much immediatly... so there really is no time span where his spirit forgets where his head is... but if Ani loses his arm when he is um, 16-18? then doesnt actually die until much much later, shouldnt his spirit have a gimpy arm or something? Thats quite along time to pass for a spirit to think, cool, Ive finally got my original arm back.. I dunno.. early morning thoughts...

Fulit
03-03-2003, 02:04 PM
The spirit was him as he would've been, had he not been a naughty Jedi. His spirit also didn't have the scarred head, remember? It's freaky enough to see a ghost of your dad, worse when the ghost is all mangled. "Hey, it's Yoda, Ben, and, Dad! What the hell happened to you? Oh, right....."

scruffziller
03-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo
so....... if Ani loses his arm in AOTC, and he dies in ROTJ, and his spirit shows up at the end of the movie.. how is it he has his arm? To think about it, Ben loses his head, but comes back in spirit pretty much immediatly... so there really is no time span where his spirit forgets where his head is... but if Ani loses his arm when he is um, 16-18? then doesnt actually die until much much later, shouldnt his spirit have a gimpy arm or something? Thats quite along time to pass for a spirit to think, cool, Ive finally got my original arm back.. I dunno.. early morning thoughts...

Or the rest of his body for that matter.

keith koth
03-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Let us not forget the cremation of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. :cry:

Does it still count if they were alive during their cremation? :eek: