PDA

View Full Version : Sweden’s review of 4478 Geonosian Fighter

Sweden
01-29-2003, 09:51 PM
The Phantom Menace and later The Attack of the Clones spawned a whole bunch of new more or less interesting designs of vehicles and spaceships very much unlike the ones in the first trilogy but Star Wars Episode II had the best designs and creations of the two prequels.

Upon first seeing Episode I wasn’t actually thrilled with the new designs as they were as far away from the designs in the original trilogy but as time has passed by and Episode II came along I’ve started to accept them more and more and the Geonosian Fighter is such vehicle.

Review-oh-rama-banana-time.

The box:

See my review of 4480 Jabba’s Palace.

The instruction booklet:

See my review of 4480 Jabba’s Palace.

The building of the set:

Not much at all to say here, as it’s very easy to build.

The set itself:

With this set you get four (4) mini figures in the shape of two sand red Battle Droids and two Geonosians that are quite nice and welcome for the mini figure fans and collectors especially the later two even if they look somewhat “beefed” up on steroids with mini figure bodies.

However you only get one set of wings and that’s for the gunner station Geonosian handling that mother of a gun while the pilot Geonosian had his ones cut off (joking) but then again he wouldn’t fit in the cockpit of the fighter so I guess that’s why they were left out in this set.

Just like Mr. JediTricks said himself the Geonosian Fighter itself builds up in rather funny way but it all makes sense when you finished off building it and it’s kind of looking like a Twin-Pod Cloud Car flying on the side and it’s from there I guess they got the design.

As far as accuracy goes I really can’t comment on that one as they swooshed past the screen when I saw it a while back and then again I haven’t checked up any reference as well as having the prepaid Episode II shipped to me from Canada but it looks the fighters in the film.

To sum things up:

A nice little set indeed even if it isn’t one of my favorite designs from the two new movies in the Star Wars saga but still a interesting vehicle in my collection due its un-usual design but still a set I’d recommend for the fans and fan-atics of the LEGO system line and Star Wars.

So therefore I’ll give the Geonosian Fighter a score of 4 out 5.

There you have it people. Hope you enjoyed my little review and contribution.

Kindest regards,

Lars “Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

JediTricks
01-30-2003, 09:45 PM
What did you think of the cannon set piece?

Sweden
01-30-2003, 10:27 PM
Well… To answer your question I could first say that it’s big and thank God it doesn’t look like a “marital aid” device at least but it’s a neat little addition to a otherwise rather cool and good set and of course it adds a certain amount of play value especially for the younger fans.

Kindest regards,

JediTricks
01-30-2003, 10:42 PM
I believe it's also in the film, so it's not just some gizmo Lego made up to beef up the price a la the B-wing's communications center.

Sweden
01-30-2003, 10:58 PM
I went and saw Episode II with my girlfriend Eva Marie but as the movie was so very fast paced I failed to see that mother of a gun and I haven’t got the DVD of it yet as it’s just prepaid and hasn’t been shipped to me yet so I can’t confirm it at the moment unfortunately.

If it were in the movie as you believe it was then it was a good thing of The LEGO Group to include it in the set for added playability and not just adding a gizmo to beef up the price a la the B-Wing Fighter as you say as it’s a rather cheap trick to do so to make a few dollars more.

Kindest regards,

JediTricks
01-31-2003, 03:21 AM
I am pretty sure it's the sonic cannon that the Geonosians shoot at the Jedi and clones that rips the ground apart and throws like 10 people in various directions. I'll try to check that out on my DVD tomorrow.

LTBasker
01-31-2003, 08:41 AM
Yeah it's the same cannons, although I think it's a little off in accuracy. I think the cannon had bubbley curved pieces instead of one round side and then a flat side, but I don't know for sure, it wasn't shown that many times, probably about twice.