PDA

View Full Version : Just Got 12" Plo Koon

Raiden
01-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Hey all........I have been putting off buying the Plo Koon exclusive fig. With all the disarray with the official website, it doesn't seem to be going there anytime soon. I have seen quite a few sites offer the figure at decent prices.
Now my question is, for those of you who bought it, where'd you get it? How was the service, price after shipping and the time to get to you? Any advice on which company to buy from? Thanks......

DarthWitko
01-30-2003, 10:33 AM
I recieved my 12" Plo Koon yesterday from Entertainment Earth. Let me tell you this figure is awsome!!! It has some great detail and the face looks incredible. You can easily tell that he is wearing a mask to protect him from the oxygen enviornment on Courasant. It seems that Hasbro is getting better on making these figures. I was really impressed with the Bounty hunter figures and with Ki Mundi and this one seems to even be better. I still do have two complaints with these figures. First the Head seems really loose. I don't know if it is because it is so big or if they just did not attatch it properly but it seems like it could fall off at any moment. the second complaint I have is the hands. They do not really grip anything. They look great but I have a hard time getting the lightsaber to stay in his grip. I mean the lightsaber is his life and he would never want to lose it so why does he not hold it tighter. I really wish they would have used a grip that could be closed on the saber. Well that is about it. I just wanted to put in my two cents on this figure. I do have it open and it looks great with the other Jedi in my collection.

Patient Zero
01-30-2003, 11:41 AM
I didn't even know that they were in stock yet. Just ordered mine. :D

bobafrett
01-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Looks like I'll have to shop at Entertainment Earth. Are'nt the Plo Kloon's Fan Club exclusives?

DarthWitko
01-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Yeah. I think they were supposed to be fan club exclusives but they are ending up everywhere. I think something has happened with the fan club since the take over of new ownership. I think we might just need to shop elsewhere for the exclusives to find them.

mini-rock
01-30-2003, 04:53 PM
I agree DarthWitco on everything you said about this figure. :D

DarthWitko
01-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Mini-rock. Was the head really loose on your Plo Koon also? I am just curious if it was just mine.

Jayspawn
01-31-2003, 09:25 AM
I passed on Ki-Adi Mundi, but I'll definatly be getting Koon.

mini-rock
01-31-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by DarthWitko
Mini-rock. Was the head really loose on your Plo Koon also? I am just curious if it was just mine.

Yes, the head on my Plo Koon seems loose too. Like it's too big or something. I don't like the way it's attahced also, but I just pull his shirt high on the neck to cover it up. Other than that this is really an awesome figure and looks cool as hell on my shelf.:D

jedibear
02-05-2003, 03:30 AM
I wanted to complain about this figure....about the hand-me-down EpOne Mace belt n' boots...about the open-gripped hands...about the almost bobble-head......but once I placed him on my shelf next to the other jedi figures....he looks great! I really like the head sculpt alot, and the re-used stuff from EpOne Mace is accented differently enough to work well with Koon's darker jedi garb.
One niggle I can't let pass....I wish Hasbro would go back to the "clip" style lightsaber hilts (like on the EpOne Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan)...they stay on the belts much better than these new "peg" style ones do.
We're getting quite the collection of Jedi here....I hope they continue. Is it just a rumor that Saesee Tinn is next?

mini-rock
02-05-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by jedibear
Is it just a rumor that Saesee Tinn is next?

As far as I know.:D

DarthWitko
02-05-2003, 09:55 AM
Sweet. I can't wait for anouther Jedi for my 12 inch collection.

InsaneJediGirl
02-06-2003, 04:55 AM
Didn't pick up Ki-Adi,but this one is a must,even if the head is a little loose and the boots/belt.I don't think Mace will notice Plo stole them;)

TheDarthVader
02-07-2003, 12:17 PM
I will wait until this one hopefully shows up at the Fan Club so I can use my gift certificate and get my $10 off. I have been waiting to get this one! He is one of my favorite characters from the prequels!

derek
02-14-2003, 08:48 PM
i just got PLO today, and i'm rather suprised at how good this figure is. hasbro is making a big mistake making this figure an exclusive. he would sell a lot better than the imperial officer and others.

as for his head, that's not what is loose, it's actually his neck, but that's fine with me since hasbro is using their newer GI Joe body on plo koon. that just made my day. now i don't have to swap out his body.

and as for his hands...my plo koon holds his saber very well, with one or two hands! plo is a really good figure. he almost makes up for the bad anakin, padme and leia. :cry:

mini-rock
02-14-2003, 09:01 PM
UNTIE ME!! LOL! Great pic derek.:D

humsup
02-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Derek, does Plo Koon comes with the latest GI-Joe bods or is it those like the older 21C bod type? Really curious as how far has Hasbro gone since the HOF bodies... suckies.

Tonysmo
02-17-2003, 01:34 AM
grrr... entertianment earth is all sold out... sniff...

derek
02-17-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by humsup
Derek, does Plo Koon comes with the latest GI-Joe bods or is it those like the older 21C bod type? Really curious as how far has Hasbro gone since the HOF bodies... suckies.

he dosen't have the super joe body......it's the joe muscle arms body, like dooku has......not perfect but way better than the HOF bodies.:)

TheDarthVader
02-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Will this ever show up at the Fan club? That is where I want to get mine from! ($10 off w/ paid subscription to SI)

mini-rock
02-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
Will this ever show up at the Fan club? That is where I want to get mine from! ($10 off w/ paid subscription to SI)

Who knows. If that $10 off deal doesn't expire you could always save it for a future figure, and get Plo somewhere else.:)

Mace Windex
02-25-2003, 12:48 AM
What did you guys pay for your Plo Koons?

Mace

mini-rock
02-25-2003, 01:38 AM
My brother got me mine, but believe he paid $24.99 for it.:)

Exhaust Port
02-25-2003, 09:18 AM
I too got mine for $24.99.

DarthWitko
02-25-2003, 02:01 PM
I paid $24.99 from entertainment earth

Tonysmo
03-02-2003, 02:22 AM
I broke down... I bought into the hype.. I bought one from EE. They are gonna get some more in, but they had a few discounted for less than desirable packaging... so I picked up one for $22.

ahhhhh ( sigh ) when will I learn to save my money..

NEVER!!

sokay... now to track down the Ki...

mini-rock
03-02-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo
I broke down... I bought into the hype.. I bought one from EE. They are gonna get some more in, but they had a few discounted for less than desirable packaging... so I picked up one for $22.

ahhhhh ( sigh ) when will I learn to save my money..

NEVER!!

sokay... now to track down the Ki...

That shouldn't be a problem. I've seen them go on eBay for as low as $10 bucks.:)

Mace Windex
03-02-2003, 10:19 PM
$10?? Is there no interest in him? I actually wondered why Hasbro would make him anyway. We could use some other more prominent Jedi figures instead. Or even a Yoda with saber, and a soft goods cloak. I too broke down and bought Plo for $24 at Disney. Haven't opened him yet!

MAce

mini-rock
03-02-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Mace Windex
$10?? Is there no interest in him?

Dunno. I thought there would be since he's the first alien Jedi to be released in the 12" line, but the fan club sold them at 4 bucks at one time. Personally would have like to see a female Jedi, but I was happy that we didn't get another human Jedi.:)

Vortex
03-20-2003, 11:07 PM
I just got the strangest E-mail from Entertainment Earth. I pre-ordred ploo after they sold out the 1st time a few months back.

Well I was just informed that the second way of ploo's was cancelled so EE just cancelled my backorder.

Anyone else hear anything or get anything like this.

I'm disapointed, but then again, I should know better to buy star wars toys when I see them, since there's no guarentee that I'll get another chance.

bobafrett
03-21-2003, 01:03 AM
tjovonovich, I got that same e-mail tonight from EE. How disappointing, I was really looking forward to getting this figure. I hope they don't pull that same trick with my Marmit Sandtrooper I have ordered.

jpak001
03-21-2003, 02:08 AM
I spoke to a dude at EE today. He said he just found out that they would be getting anymore because Hasbro upped the order requirement and they didn't want to commit to such a large amount of them.

@#(@&*$&, I had just decided on getting one too....

Though I imagine since Hasbro is trying to unload them, they must exist in some pretty good quantities. Keep those eyes peeled, they may just show up on clearance somewhere else (like Ki did). At least I hope so!

edit: oops made a typo, meant to say they "wouln't be getting anymore" Doh!

duckhunter
03-21-2003, 04:57 AM
Just had my order cancelled at entertainement earth for plo kloon, they said they were not getting anymore in. does anyone know who might have these and where i can get one?

derek
03-21-2003, 07:27 AM
you can probably get one off E-bay.:)

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=%2212%22+Plo+Koon%22&categoryid=&ht=1&category2=2477&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&BasicSearch=&from=R2&catref=C3

mm74md
03-21-2003, 10:01 AM
I'm so glad I got mine when I did. He is really nice. Got it from Kebco when they had the free shipping. Mine is still in the package. I'm usually an opener, but if these things don't show up maybe I'll keep him in there!

duckhunter
03-22-2003, 08:12 PM
I read at rebelscum.com that plo kloon was available at "other sellers". does anyone know who might be carying it? i tried ebay and bid on the only one there, but who knows how hight that one will go for. I looked at all the sights I know of, but none of them have it.

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 08:24 PM
I sent a note to Rebelscum about Plo. He's available @ the STAR TOURS rides and ONCE UPON A TOY in Orlando, FL. Someone on here probably has the 800 # for Disney. I usually just drive down there since it's 20 minutes away, or else I'd post the #.

mm74md
03-27-2003, 09:48 AM
I've kept this puppy locked in his cardboard prison for a few months now. I really want to liberate him. I rarely keep any stuff in the box. What's the point? They are toys after all!

However, it seems he is quite rare at the moment. Any thoughts on him showing up in large quantities in the future?

mini-rock
03-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Maybe and maybe not, but eventually everyone else with a boxed Plo Koon will proly try to sell theirs on eBay. This figure will always be available one way or another, so go ahead and open him. I'm an opener too, and remember when I had gotten Han & Luke in Stormtrooper disguise with the KB sticker on the box, I didn't open that up for a few weeks. It drove me nuts seeing those figs in their cardboard prison everyday.

mm74md
03-27-2003, 10:23 AM
True mini-rock. I most likely will open him down the road. Once I finish my basement & have room to display all my, as my wife says "star wars crap" :D

I open my stuff mainly cause...I never plan to sell them. But I must say, if I had a silver Vader that I paid $10, I would be selling him right now on eBay :greedy:

Doc Brown
03-27-2003, 04:22 PM
ask yourself if your collecting it only to sell it eventually. (as far as I'm concerned , you would have better luck at the stock market than building your riches by the fluctuating stars wars toys prices .) If you collect like I do- because you enjoy them, not just looking at them through a plastic window unable to be touched ; OPEN HIM! FREE HIM! LET HIM BREATH!!! LOL He will thank you and so will the whole jedi council.

Exhaust Port
03-27-2003, 09:48 PM
I too open all my figures but this figure is still in the cardboard jail for now. I just think this one looks pretty good in the box. Perhaps over time I'll tire of that and break him out to join my other standing figures. For now, I'm happy where he is. You can always take figures out but you can't necessarily put them back.

bobafrett
03-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Look at his "dustability" factor, does he look like he would come clean with a simple weekly dusting? If not, leave him in his box, or go buy a figure case.

:D Come on now, I was just kidding! I'm having Plo Kloon envy, as I didn't get mine.

DarthChuckMc
03-28-2003, 01:38 AM
There is a guy on evilBay selling (12) 12" Plo Koon for $35 buy it now if anyone is interested. I think he's a Disney employee. Meaning, he paid around $16 each and is more than doubling his $$$. But if you want one bad enough have at it.

His ID is postal3002

There is another: fferniee is selling his/hers for $33.50 buy it now.

bobafrett
03-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks DarthChuckMc, I will have to check that out.

TheDarthVader
03-31-2003, 11:46 AM
Where else (besides ebay) is everyone finding this Plo Koon? I really want one.

mm74md
04-01-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
Where else (besides ebay) is everyone finding this Plo Koon? I really want one.

I got mine in January from Kebcotoys.com for $24.99 w/free shipping! I lucked out on that deal!

Hard to come by unless you know someone in Orlando who can pick one up at Disney for you. Otherwise, try scalpers-r-us, I mean eBay.

Jayspawn
04-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Open that Koon up!

jedibear
04-09-2003, 02:39 AM
Let him out!
He looks really great posed with the other AOTC jedi.....

mm74md
04-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Well, I broke down last night & opened him. Very nice sculpt & cool lightsaber. The only downside is what everyone else has said - the loose head!!!

Otherwise, overall great purchase of $24.99!

Tycho
07-02-2003, 02:27 AM
Plo Koon's a thorn in my collection right now.

Generally I buy all I need of a figure at initial release.

Thinking they were surely going to make all 12 (to 14) Jedi Council Members, I figured I'd get multiples of the ones I really liked.

I bought 2 Ki-Adi Mundis, since his figure rocked.

I don't think Plo Koon turned out as good. I bought 1, but was hoping that I'd get the chance to buy 2 or more of some future sculpt (Eeth Koth or SaeSee Tiin?) that I'd like more.

I do simple scenes (10 figures or less in each group) so I want to set up:

1) 12" Jedi Council (ok, so 12 figures here)
2) Super Battle Droids fighting a couple Jedi - Ki Adi Mundi & Friend (???)
3) Saved 12" Jedi for E3 scenes, especially if somebody fights Vader!!!

Well, now maybe I should buy a 3rd Ki Adi Mundi, but I think, "Nah...he's not THAT important - I don't need to highlight him in my collection that way, the way I have like 4 Removeable Helmet Vaders for different scenes."

But I only bought 1 Plo Koon I thought his face was too long, the mask too light in color instead of a more threatening black, and he looks bigger and badder with a Jedi robe on (I might have loners from some of my E1 12", but they'd be better put to use on my Obi-Wan E2 figure or someone else than Plo Koon).

Anyway, now I'm looking for a 2nd Plo Koon figure. Funds for him are not exactly available considering there's new stuff that I don't even have 1 of coming out for Star Wars, so I may just have to wait on Plo and pay a higher price later. The Fan Club could always surprise us though.

Exhaust Port
07-02-2003, 09:15 AM
Ebay is great for stuff like this. Everytime there is something that I like but don't mind waiting for I've bid with a lot more patience. I don't mind losing out on 10 bids in order to get a figure for a lower price. I did the same thing for the original 12" Maul. Everyone was asking for $70 or something and I ended up getting it for exactly what I would have paid for it in the store.

I think we're going to see a couple of highs and lows in prices before Ep. III. The big low will probably be soon before the first trailer hits the web/theater. Wait until then and you'll get a good deal.

TheDarthVader
07-02-2003, 10:45 PM
I am looking for Plo Koon too. I wish the fan club would take him. I am a little nervous about not getting this figure. I need one in the box. I will be getting yoda, so that makes 12" council that I have:
1. yoda
2. ki adi
3. mace windu
4. hopefully plo koon

Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price? I think I will wait, as exhaustport stated.

The True Maul
07-04-2003, 08:28 PM
I found one on ebay for a good price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3137600639&category=2476

there ya go hope it helps I'll keep an eye out for you guys if I see anything. :)

TheDarthVader
08-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Has there been any news from the conventions about this 12" figure? Any help is, well, helpful. :)

Turbowars
10-15-2003, 11:24 PM
This is from either RS or GH, I can't remember, but Hasbro says Koon is still on the production list. That doesn't mean their are cranking them out right now, but they will in the future. Either way, it's better to have him on the back burner than the canceled list.