PDA

View Full Version : opinions on Ali?

Porcelina
01-30-2003, 12:25 PM
Just wondering if any of you have seen Ali with Will Smith....

I rented it a couple of nights ago, and wasn't too impressed...

thought it droned on and on.. the pace was ridiculously slow... and it was shot like a music video with him running all the time to "inspirational" sounding music, like freakin Rocky, and... well, I could go on but I'll spare yas ;)

I thought I remembered it being well-received by critics... not that you should rely on their opinions much... but I thought I'd ask if anyone else here has seen it.... what did you think?

The Overlord Returns
01-30-2003, 05:54 PM
It stinks!!!!!!!

:kiss:

kadamontaga
01-31-2003, 03:49 AM
I saw it at the cinema months ago and I really enjoyed it. I felt that a lot of the political/religious stuff was lost on me though.

I don't really know anything about the real Ali, and I've never seen the Rocky movies, so you could say I enjoyed it as a naive viewer.

Pendo
01-31-2003, 08:54 AM
I thought it was alright, but I prefer Rocky :).

The story did drag a bit, i think the movie should have been a little shorter.

PENDO!

Porcelina
01-31-2003, 09:39 AM
Rocky rocks!!!!!!! :)

(the height of eloquence) :P

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-31-2003, 11:48 PM
Porcelina!!! She waits for me there, with seashell hissing lullabyes, whispers fathomed deep inside my own, hidden thoughts and ablibies, secrets thoughts, come aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive! :D

I hated Ali with a passion. Worst 8 bucks i ever spent along with 3 hours i'll never get back. I haven't been that irked with a movie since "Batman & Robin." Cheers!! :D

Porcelina
02-01-2003, 12:25 AM
guyute: I'm impressed.... ;) there are clearly a lot of other pumpkins fans out here... judging by the zwan posting, as well...

and, of course, it gladdens my heart to know i'm not insane in my dislike of ali (not the person, just the movie)

cheers :D

Eternal Padawan
02-01-2003, 09:02 AM
I've been a fan of Ali ever since she wore that whipcream bikini for Dawson in that football movie...

...oh...

...Different Ali.

Sorry.