PDA

View Full Version : What is the worse ACTION FEATURE for you?

Chiesa
01-30-2003, 02:48 PM
I used to keep most of my Saga figs carded until recently due to a lack of space, I decided to actually rip most of them out and free them from their plastic prison. I must say that the action features of the figures just doesn't really work and are terrible. I guess most of you would say all the ACTION FEATURES suck. But I wonder what do you think is the WORSE!!??

The Anakin Tatooine was horrible for me. Kick? I don't think a kick is just a slight shift in your LEGs. :)

bobafrett
01-30-2003, 03:00 PM
I think the slashing action on the 2 figure set where EP I Obi Wan attempts to cut Darth Maul in half. Darth Maul top half is held to the bottom half with a magnet. The two figures are attached to a platform with pegs that go into the feet. You are supposed to be able to get Obi Wan to cut DM in half with the slashing lightsaber action, and instead are left with him just beating on the Sith lord with his lightsaber.

Darth Sidious
01-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Jedi Power Epilleptic Seizure...err...kick.

Lman316
01-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Any and all of them, my friends :D.

But if I had to give a specific one, I'd say the Jedi Power Kick. That was absolutely the worst, most pointless gimmick they could have given us so far.
However, to reiterate: I don't like any "action features" and I wish they'd scrap them. I know that some people like them, but would they really be upset if they just disappeared?

End...:D

LTBasker
01-30-2003, 04:17 PM
All of the ones that interrupt a figure's scalp and primary function. Best example of one not interrupting is KE Jango's "action" feature, his feature is just there, you could easily cut it off and still have a good figure. It's too long of a list for all the bad gimmicks so I'll just say that around 98% of the Saga gimmicks are terrible. I know alot of lines have the features and such, but the difference is that Hasbro doesn't know how to do them, so they should stop trying and stick to what DOES sell. (How many Ephant Mons have you seen on the shelf compared to supposedly fun Anakin Peasent?)

Actually the only reason why alot of the gimmickized figures sell is because they're mostly main characters that you can't get either way.

Beast
01-30-2003, 06:00 PM
I like most of them. I guess if I disliked one, it would be the Tatooine Attack Anakin's kick. It was a nice try, but it doesn't work at all. Atleast it's not the only Anakin figure Hasbro made.

The only other one I really dislike would be Padme: Arena's arm. She wouldn't be quite so bad, if the quick draw arm was like Padme: Pilot or Zam's. I guess the first Anakin's lightsaber arm, as now I need a non-combat ready Peasent Anakin. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
01-30-2003, 06:16 PM
I think it's definitely Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine Attack because the action feature kinda botches up the legs. It's still an awesome figure though, I accept the action features because I can't do anything about them. :)

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I guess the first Anakin's lightsaber arm, as now I need a non-combat ready Peasent Anakin. :)

I would love a neutral Anakin Skywalker - Outland Peasant figure:

- It could be in a similar pose to Anakin Skywalker - Secret Ceremony.
- It could have a magnet in the waist of the figure under the poncho where you could attach his lightsaber hilt.
- The Accessories it would have would be a Blue Lightsaber (the one that came with Tatooine Attack), Padme's suitcases, Anakin could be posed so that he'd be walking carrying one in each arm.
- Removable poncho, good acticulation.

Who agrees with that? :)

Beast
01-30-2003, 06:36 PM
How about a Screen Scene? Since they wouldn't really be figures kids would be intrested in anyway. Padme: Outland Peasent Disguise, Anakin: Outland Peasent Disguise, and R2-D2 w/ soup bowl and grasper arm. They can always throw in Padme's luggage as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarkArtist
01-30-2003, 06:41 PM
I Would have to say the new Obi Wan Acklay Battle Figure. I mean maybe it's me but it kinda looks very:eek: :eek: :eek: . It makes for the pervert Jedi look.

Jargo
01-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Well obviously all of them. The lightsaber slashing thing is particularly annoying since it just wafts up and down and then the saber fals out of the hand of the figure. So button actiavated anything is annoyingly annoying. Quickfire is equally as bad because it screws up a complete arm or both which makes a figure absolutely useless for play. throwing features are useless because the figure just drops whatever it's supposed to be throwin a couple of nano inches from it's feet. Magnets don't work because they aren't big enough to be powerful enough to attract anything over a distance of quarter of an inch away to themselves.
Generally speaking if it isn't articulation and it isn't well hidden articulation then I don't like it so this new Anakin with his girly ankles is a no-no and Boba fett with his weird not in the right place knee joint is a no-no. Although boba fetts ankle is just about right. I hate gimmicky hand sculpts like this new Anakins force push hand which just looks like a half finished blob of wax resin, all the fingers mushed up into a blobby mess. I hate the gimmicky finish on a lot of the figures where the sculpt looks unfinished and all scraped and scored, they say it's a 'stylistic' thing, i say it's messy and sloppy and I'd rather they finished the sculpting and smoothed a few things out before rushing it through the production process. In fact that's just it, these newer figures look half finished most of the time. semi-professionally sculpted. Hobbyist sculpted. Tacky to be honest.

Gimmicks are just crap in general. Trash them.

Kidhuman
01-30-2003, 10:30 PM
All, it puts them into ridiculous poses. I don't open them but some of the poses are hidious. The Han and Padme Arena look exactly the same(posewise) The just need to stop the magnet and pose junk IMO. My 5 year old lost Jango's head in all of 3 seconds. I remember the removable limbs 3P0. They should just make the figures like the days of yore.

TheDarthVader
01-30-2003, 11:55 PM
I think the Padme: Arena and the anakin: tatooine both really suck. They did not get it right at all! They should have just not put these features on these figures!!!

bobafrett
01-31-2003, 01:49 AM
Do you remeber the movie "Big" with Tom Hanks? He plays this character named Josh who is a kid in a mans body, after he makes a wish to be "Big". He ends up working in a toy company and complains about toys, like this building that's supposed to turn into a robot. He says "What fun is that?" and this thread makes me wish Hasbro had some Josh's working in their company to say "What fun is all this gimmicky crap, give us a basic figure!".

187-Maul
01-31-2003, 06:39 AM
worst one is definitly Anakin's kick, but thankfully it doesn't ruin the overall figure IMO since there's no obvious huge joint or something like that, it just doesn't work and/or make sense
runner up would be Arena Obi-Wan I think since first, I think it won't even work and second, he looks so rediculous with that huge joint/gap in the arm

Lman316
01-31-2003, 04:00 PM
I take it back. If I had to pick a specific example, I'd have to say the 2003 Obi-Wan with "Spear-throwing" "action".

*shudders*

Worst....gimmick....ever.

End...

Oh, wait, excuse me: "spear-stabbing" "action".

Chiesa
01-31-2003, 04:11 PM
How does the Obi-Wan spear gimmick work?

:D

Basically I think all are pretty gross. The first Padme was terrible for me too! Argghhhh how did i leave her out?

My Maul sith training obviously failed in his training. He just can't spin his lightsabre and look cool. Master Sidous won't be happy! The Magnet just doesn't hold it! Hasbro... PLEASE! Stop these gimmicks.

Lman316
01-31-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Chiesa
How does the Obi-Wan spear gimmick work?

Um...it doesn't. :D.

End...

dark jedi 8
01-31-2003, 09:34 PM
all of the gimmicks hasbro has produced have down right sucked!:mad:

clone commander
02-01-2003, 04:28 AM
the worst action feature is Arena Escape padme one it would of been a cool figure i it didnt have that quick draw-action feature

Lewis
02-01-2003, 05:08 AM
I think the Count Dooku action was pathetic, squeezing his legs together to swing his arms, Shame :p

187-Maul
02-01-2003, 06:12 AM
I agree that Dooku's action was not very original but at least it doesn't hurt the sculpt, just a bit the poseability but not much since I still can put him in a cool pose (and same goes for TA Anakin)

kool-aid killer
02-01-2003, 11:41 AM
I think the worst action feature is the magnet that supposedly holds the lightsaber. It doesnt work too well and i would prefer that hasbro go back to making the lightsabers without a removable hilt. Maybe they could give the jedi one lightsaber and a hilt without a blade that could be attached to the jedi's hip.

SuperBattleDroid88
02-01-2003, 09:37 PM
I just have to point out the two most worst gimmicks ever!!!!
And they are....
(Drum Role)

Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine Attack) and Padme Amidala (Arena Escape)

Anakin because the gimmick doesn't even work and takes away from the articulation he could of had in his legs... :frus:

Padme simply because her arm doesn't lock down and she has to have her arm up without ever resting it. Imagine always having you arm extended out the rest of your life and the only way to pull it down is for some one to pull it down. Not a good life at all... :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

dr_evazan22
02-01-2003, 10:46 PM
All so-called "Action Features" are inherently evil and should never be made. It is my firm, strong opinion that the President should put the people from Hasbro's design team who came up with these ideas on the "Axis Of Evil" along w/ Iraq, N. korea and Iran.

Jargo
02-01-2003, 11:31 PM
I now have a mental image of the guys at hasbro standing with AK-47's pointed at their sculptors and swearing in thick foreign accents as the sculptors reluctantly add in feature after feature and the sweat drips from their brows. :D The guy that was sculpting Aayla that tycho spoke to at C2 said that it was a higher power that expressed that all the figures have room left in them for gimicks and inaction features. It has to be some tinpot despot who's secretly trying to undermine the western world via our children and the adults who never quite grew up totally. Has to be. See - it's subversive consumer based terrorism that brings the inaction features and gimmicks to our toys. :crazed:

Jaff
02-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Lman hit the topic right on the nail. Every action feature has been a dud to date in the Saga line. However the worst picture in my mind is the nobs sticking out of the backs. Padme (Corcuscant) - big nob. Darth (Bespin) - shameful nob. Luke (Bespin) - What a nob. I think Kenner thinks they can get away with pulling our nobs!!!! Forgive me editors

Jerjerrod
02-02-2003, 11:21 PM
Bespin Chewbacca I don't mind because the feature (light up C-3PO) is not part of Chewie. All the other ones, the ones that are part of the figure :D , all suck. Please, No more action features. Thanks for listening to us, Hasbro. We are very happy with the new Anakin, btw.

carnifexold1eye
02-03-2003, 12:14 PM
TA Anakin is the worst for me. At least all the others somewhat work.

dark jedi 8
02-03-2003, 08:15 PM
I don't like the new lightsabers, i think they should package a hilt and a non-seperable lightsaber with every jedi. They break way to easily and its too expensive to buy doubles of figures just for lightsabers.:frus:

Droidlover
02-05-2003, 02:04 AM
The worst one to me has to be R5D4. It made the figure the joke of the POTF2 line and it had nothing to do with the movie at all.

OC47150
02-05-2003, 09:08 AM
My vote is for constipated Mace and his flopping arm.