PDA

View Full Version : New 12'' Han Solo Wave Boxed

SirSteve
01-30-2003, 06:15 PM
Check the home page news!

sicqnus
02-01-2003, 07:33 AM
What a bad sculpt !!!
The Han Solo looks cheap like an Action Man.
Who could buy these ugly figures....

Old Fossil
02-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Pass on these.:frus:

Turbowars
02-01-2003, 03:50 PM
I totally agree with you guys, but Lando might look good with his helmet on.

Jayspawn
02-02-2003, 12:29 AM
I'll have to see these in person. If the Han has a good Harrison Ford likeness, then I'll probably pick it up. I'll probably passs on Skiff Lando because I have the regular 12", plus I'd rather have Lando in the smuggler's (Han's) outfit.

JediCole
02-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
I totally agree with you guys, but Lando might look good with his helmet on.

Lando would have to have his helmet on to look good in my opinion! The sad thing is that I loved the "Bounty Hunter" wave. But these guys look thrown together and poorly realized. Even the costumes look lacklustre from the pictures presented. If this is the new trend in 12" scale figures, I am glad that none of these were ones I was looking forward to buying.

I am however remaining hopeful about the Gamorrean Guard.

12inch Lando
02-02-2003, 12:30 PM
BIG RUBBER HEAD! BIG RUBBER HEAD!! BIG RUBBER HEAD!!!

That's all I have to say.

Turbowars
02-02-2003, 02:10 PM
When where these posted to come out, I mean I never read about these on any lists. I agree with you JediCole, they do look like that someone at Hasbro said, "Hey we need to throw a 12" set together before lunch today, ummmmm Lets put a crappy Han, crappy AT-ST Driver (with no use what so ever) and a Lando, Oh make sure Lando only will look good with his Helmet on. OK Guy Let go, We need to send the plans to China in a half hour." LOL It's really sad because I told myself that I would only collect OT 12" figures and now I don't tink I can do that. I just hope they Get back to basics with theLeia w/ Speeder and the GaM Guard, he better be nice and FAT!!!

derek
02-02-2003, 05:51 PM
maybe you guys are seeing different photos than i've seen, but that skiff guard lando looks really good, with or without his helmet. i'll be getting two of those, one to swap the head on my bespin lando.

the AT-ST driver also looks pretty good. i'll probably get at least 2, maybe three of these guys. one to keep as is, and two others to use as kit bash fodder for other figures. mix the imperial officer uniform, the snowtrooper chest plate painted grey, and add a different head and you have a cool gereral veers custom. the gloves are also really well done. i'll add those extra gloves to my x-wing pilots. luke has needed some decent gloves forever. the jumpsuit is going to replace one of the lime-grey-green suits boba fett has, as his jumpsuit were a different shade in each film. :)

now, i will agree the han solo looks pretty bad. possibly the worst harrison ford sculpt hasbro has ever done. it looks like alfred e. newman from mad magazine!!!:crazed:

Jaff
02-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Why on earth was another Han Solo 12" made? It's like R2-D2 for the 3 3/4 line