PDA

View Full Version : 'Fess up! Who's watching American Idol?

Pages : [1] 2

El Chuxter
01-30-2003, 10:58 PM
Okay, I'll admit it. My fianc&eacutee got me hooked on this series later on during the first run, and I've been following the new series religiously. :rolleyes: (Yeah, I'm kinda ashamed, but at least it's not Joe Millionaire. :D) Given the ratings, I can't be alone. Who else here is giving up too many hours a week to watch this prepackaged pop?

Okay, wasn't there an embarrassed smiley here before?

Bobajames
01-30-2003, 11:06 PM
ya..... :sur: my girlfriend makes me watch it with her. In a way, it is kind of disturbingly fun to watch those hopeful pop singers get their life dreams shot to a bloody pulp.... :crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
01-31-2003, 10:33 AM
I watched it on Wednesday night I think it was because I wanted to see what was great about it, and there was this thing going on about these guys going out drinking and it made Simon mad since they weren't taking the competition seriously. Yeah, that right there was really enough of me, but I do admit to having watched it that one time. I fessed up.

Fulit
01-31-2003, 11:41 AM
guilty. I have a thing for self-torture apparently, I loved watching the first show with all the really bad singers but it ended up literally giving me a headache. I tried to watch a new one the other day, but, while the singing was bad, it was not headache-inducing. What is up with the caterwauling "soul" music everyone sings? Except that one rocker guy that was doing "Hard to Handle", that was funny. Nice spiked wrist bands, I bet he makes it. :rolleyes:

bobafett07728
01-31-2003, 11:42 AM
I have seen it once or twice. I usually just leave it on, and go about doing something else. I think some of the contestants are just hillarious. Where do they get these clowns? It seems to me that all these 'reality' shows are chock full of clowns.

Patient Zero
01-31-2003, 11:44 AM
Uummmm...No! :dead:

Rogue II
01-31-2003, 12:05 PM
I refuse to watch this or any other reality show. In fact, my wife has to go upstairs to watch them.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Now that they are done showing all the reject singers the show has lived past its usefulness. All I care about seeing are all those wannabees who can't sing worth squat getting shot down by the Wank-meister General Simon.

Jek Porky 2002
02-01-2003, 02:56 PM
Did they actually show the bit where the two presenters of the English version, (Pop Idol), Ant and Dec auditioned as N*SYNC wannabes, just to wind up Simon Cowell?

scruffziller
02-02-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
Uummmm...No! :dead:

No,....... that you refuse to admit it..........?:D

Kidhuman
02-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Yeah I watch it. I think it is somewhat interesting. When people are actually competing for a prize that is something other than money or love it makes it just a little better. I do not vote or anything because I just don't care. Plus it kills time in between some good shows that I like. Personally I do not understand how that blonde girl did not get voted in. She was the best singer out of the three anyways.

El Chuxter
02-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Personally I do not understand how that blonde girl did not get voted in. She was the best singer out of the three anyways.

She annoyed me. Her rendition was pathetic when compared to the original, and she should've kept that in mind. In fact, I think everyone this week was only above average at best. Maybe they put their "second stringers" first? Or is Simon right, and everyone needs to just shape up?

icatch9
02-06-2003, 01:30 PM
I watch it out of lack of something else on. It's a time slot hit. I find it mildly entertaining, but we all know why we watch it. It's for Simon. Everyone loves it when people get made fun of. He's the only reason the show is so popular. Without him, it would be Star Search.

Kidhuman
02-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Yeah she did a horrible rendition of the song. Everyone does need to get better, but I thought she had a better voice than the other two last night. All I know is she will be picked for a wild card slot and remember you heard it here first.

El Chuxter
02-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
All I know is she will be picked for a wild card slot and remember you heard it here first.

I figure as much, between the judges raving on and on about her and the fact that, she got more screen time on the results show.

Eternal Padawan
02-06-2003, 08:50 PM
Unfortunately, it was on before 24 on Tuesday night and I caught about 15 minutes of it. Let me summarize the (presumably) entire season for all of you.
1. Somebody sings off key.
2. Paula Abdul says she loves it.
3. The other guy says it was O.K.
4. Simon tells the person they suck.
5. The next person comes out and sings off key.

I'm glad I don't watch reality shows. ( :eek: Unless 24 is a reality show! In which case, I'm screwed...:( )

Kidhuman
02-09-2003, 02:05 PM
NAh 24 isn't a reality show. Just the best darn drama out there.

El Chuxter
04-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Give me the feather duster; this thread's getting dusted off!! :D

Who's watching the current season and what are your thoughts? Personally, I'm glad Constantine got the boot. He's just a pretty boy acting like he's got cred. And an ugly pretty boy at that. :)

Who the hell is voting for Scott, though?

The only contestant I can honestly say I like is Bo. Although my wife has CD's by Clay and Kelly, Bo's probably the only contestant I've seen on the show who could record something I'd want to buy. His rendition of "Whipping Post" several weeks back actually matched the original by the Allmans, and that is really tough to do.

OC47150
04-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Trying to figure out what the heck happened last night. Constantine was one of those who was supposed to go to the final four. Simon was right; Scott should've gone.

Who will mug for the camera like Constantine did now?

I've only cast votes twice, for Kelly and Diana (yes, I liked her better than Fantasia.) I might have to start calling next week. I like Carrie; she's easy on the eyes.

evenflow
04-28-2005, 08:36 PM
My girlfriend is really into it. I used to only watch it during the try outs becuase it is usually pretty funny, but this year i have been watching it becuase of a combination of things:
1. my girlfriend
2. Bo is pretty good in the classic rock department, and i enjoy it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-02-2005, 07:20 PM
My sister seriously cried when Constantine got out (and she's 20!). He was okay; a million times better than Scott. I guess all the rednecks in this country must be voting for their poster boy. :rolleyes: If he wins then I'll be mad. I think either Bo or Carrie should win.

megaprime33
05-02-2005, 07:30 PM
This is actually my first time watching this show(fiancee made me watch it.....and I was too lazy to get off the couch to do anything)and I actually like it. I think Carrie is definitely going to win, although I totally despise country music. I was shocked to see Anwar leave but yet Federoff(sp) is still on. Top 3 will be Carrie, Vonzel, and Bo.

Monstermile
05-02-2005, 08:06 PM
I got hooked watching last season and am doing the same this season. How the heck Scott is still on is beyond me. Kinda like last season with that red head John Stevens. This season I have had Carrie pegged as the winner since her audition. She has the looks and the voice.

CaptainSolo1138
05-02-2005, 08:58 PM
This is actually my first time watching this show(fiancee made me watch it.....and I was too lazy to get off the couch to do anything)
My story as well. I think Bo will win based solely on the new votes he'll get now that Chad Kroeger he ain't (and that's BAD) is gone. I wish someone would let Scott know that he's white. Then we'd all be winners. And as for Anthony, his "hole-in-the-neck" story was (dare I say) inspirational at first, but the novelty has worn off and he's really showing what he is: a lounge act with a penchant for Muzak. And while Vonzell is good, her voice is no different from any other R&B diva.

I want Bo or Carrie to win. I really like Bo, but either would represent an area of music lost on most of this shows viewers. Not that I'm defending country music or anything....... :p

El Chuxter
05-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Carrie is so incredibly generic, like most of the swill that passes for country music. And her covering a Tiffany song is unforgiveably stupid. I want her gone, but she is better than Federov and Scott.

El Chuxter
05-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Did anyone else enjoy watching Scott acting pompous and being taken totally aback by being voted off last night? :D

OC47150
05-05-2005, 03:20 PM
It was nice to see that wanna-be gangsta sent packin'!

I can see where he'd have a temper. He looks like he can barely contain himself when one of the judges' criticizes him.

Monstermile
05-05-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm glad that a55hole was finally voted off. It was a long time coming. Unfortunantly he is probably going to take his anger out on someone and end up getting arrested for domestic violence again. Just hope it isn't his kid.

CaptainSolo1138
05-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Now for Anthony.....

megaprime33
05-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Anthony better be voted off next week. He's an annoying little clone who really REALLY can't sing at all. It's shocking to believe that he even has a following.

CaptainSolo1138
05-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Now for Anthony.....
Do I get a prize? :D Thank God this kids run is finally over!

Monstermile
05-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Well now it is going to be difficult. It was pretty obvious for a while who the top three were going to be.

CaptainSolo1138
05-12-2005, 07:34 AM
Well now it is going to be difficult. It was pretty obvious for a while who the top three were going to be.
I figured Constantine would make the top 3 based on looks alone, but I was wrong. :p

Now is when it gets difficult. I don't think anyone left deserves to go home. If I had to pick I'd say Vonzell, but only because I like Bo and Carrie better. And out of them two I really want Bo to win.

OC47150
05-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Carrie, Bo, or Vonzell won't have any problem getting a contract in their genre of music. Whether it will be successful or not, that's another matter.

megaprime33
05-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Is it me, or did it look like Carrie and Tony had some sort of thing going on? I mean what's with her saying I love you to him last night?

CaptainSolo1138
05-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Is it me, or did it look like Carrie and Tony had some sort of thing going on? I mean what's with her saying I love you to him last night?
I thought that was weird also. Can you imagine how blonde their kids hair would be?!?! :D

megaprime33
05-12-2005, 07:57 AM
I thought that was weird also. Can you imagine how blonde their kids hair would be?!?! :D
I'm really hoping that it was like a brother/sister relationship because she's just way too hot to be going out with him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-12-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm very glad that both Scott and Anthony are gone now, because they sucked. I'm hoping that Bo will win, but all three of the remaining contestants are good.

El Chuxter
05-12-2005, 01:03 PM
On Tuesday, I truly hope Natalie Maines wasn't watching Carrie destroy "Sin Wagon."

evenflow
05-12-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm very glad that both Scott and Anthony are gone now, because they sucked. I'm hoping that Bo will win, but all three of the remaining contestants are good.

I agree, I hope it comes down to Bo and Carrie.

OC47150
05-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Got thru and voted multiple times last night.

The songs written for the winner were awful! The songs were written for a rocker-type like Bo in mind.

Bo and Carrie are both going to end up with record contracts.

El Chuxter
05-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Did ya happen to notice Clive Davis essentially offered Bo a contract last week? It's just down to tonight's results to see how lucrative the contract will be for Mr Bice.

I thought Carrie showed her true colors when working with previously unheard songs. She's nothing more than a mimick, and screwed up both songs.

OC47150
05-25-2005, 03:18 PM
If they were both smart, they'd get a good lawyer to get them out of their iron-clad contracts with the AI management company. That's what Clay did.

El Chuxter
05-25-2005, 03:35 PM
If they were both smart, they'd get a good lawyer to get them out of their iron-clad contracts with the AI management company. That's what Clay did.

And just look at Clay's runaway success now!! Wasn't that Christmas special he did with Barry Manilow the most awesomest? :rolleyes:

OC47150
05-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Point taken, but he and Kelly (who's out of her contract and distanced herself from AI) are the two you hear the most about.

El Chuxter
05-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Aside from his horrible career choices, he and Kelly are the two most talented of all the top two winners from the previous seasons.

Diana and Ruben were just a little bit bland.

Justin was outright horrific.

Fantasia. . . well, let's just say I don't want to be her when she dies and Billie Holliday and Janis Joplin take turns kicking her arse for her nauseating version of "Summertime."

OC47150
05-26-2005, 07:45 AM
Last night's finale: 95 percent fluff, 5 percent substance.

I was a little surprised at the ending. I voted for Carrie, but expected Bo to win.

It got interesting during the all-star singing segment in the last hour.

Did anyone notice that Mikalah, the Fran Drescher wannabe from Vegas, was trying to be the star of the show?

I'd like to be there when Janis and Billie get their hands on Fantasia, El Chuxter.

CaptainSolo1138
05-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Unbelievable. I know they'll both be offered lucrative contracts and such, but I really do believe that Bo is 20x better than Carrie. At the very least, he doesn't look like he's about to s**t himself in fear everytime he takes the stage, unlike Carrie. Whatever......

El Chuxter
05-26-2005, 01:12 PM
You can vote as many times as you want, but you'll only buy one copy of the CD. We'll see what the real numbers are in a few months. :)

kool-aid killer
05-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Aside from his horrible career choices, he and Kelly are the two most talented of all the top two winners from the previous seasons.

Diana and Ruben were just a little bit bland.

Justin was outright horrific.

Fantasia. . . well, let's just say I don't want to be her when she dies and Billie Holliday and Janis Joplin take turns kicking her arse for her nauseating version of "Summertime."

Justin was/is a loser.

Ruben is more of an R&B/Gospel singer so he didnt have a difficult time gaining credibility like Kelly did.

Fantasia is an R&B singer, she put out a song for babys mommas: "B-A-B-Y M-A-M-A this goes out to all my babys mommas ive got love for all my babys mommas" or something like that. I dont care too much for her.

So who won? I dont watch the show but know the ending was coming. I was glad to see the rocker type dude still in the competition, its a nice change from the past R&B winners and helps give the show some credibility.

CaptainSolo1138
01-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Bumped, only because I won't give the new season credit enough to warrant a new thread.

What a pice of carp its turning out to be. The screw ups used to be entertaining, but it seems now that "Idol" has gotten too big for its own good and people are turning out in droves to be "the bad singer" just to get on TV. Like the hot Jewish chick from last night. "I can't sing. You guys can teach me." Shut up, stupid. I can't play football, but it stands to reason that I deserve a Super Bowl championship, right?:rolleyes:

2-1B
01-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Ian Benardo is my hero.

El Chuxter
01-25-2007, 07:02 PM
The first few weeks always suck. It's because stupid people don't realize that 99% or more of the "bad singers" are total frauds, be it an individual trying to get on TV or actual plants from 19 Entertainment.

It's not until the first week of voting that the show is worth watching. You must learn patience.

In the meantime, I'm sure you can listen to your Kelly Clarkson CDs.

2-1B
01-25-2007, 07:45 PM
I actually prefer the earlier weeks when we get to see all the whack jobs...once the "good" ones get the spotlight, I lose interest. lol

UKWildcat
01-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I actually prefer the earlier weeks when we get to see all the whack jobs...once the "good" ones get the spotlight, I lose interest. lol

Same here brother... :D

OC47150
01-26-2007, 08:16 AM
My name is Tim, and I watch AI.

Boy, this season is weird. Whereas in the past, this part of each season is my favorite, it's just plain painful to watch. The judges are just downright mean.

There are only 5 - 6 people who stand out, so far.

I did some math on the Minneapolis tryout. 17 people out of 10,000 were sent to Hollywood. That's 1 for every 566.

During the NYC audition, they said 35 made it to Hollywood but never did mention (unless I missed it) how many turned out to audition.

I'll continue to watch but I'm hoping the talent greatly improves once they get to LA.

DarkArtist
01-26-2007, 09:45 AM
i watch it just because I think it is too funny. the looks on Simon's face, the wackiness of Paula and just the contestants themselves when they hear the no at the end. the emotional breakdowns it's all good.
it's amazing that after William Hung got his break on Idol that all these other wannabe's think they have what it takes to be the next American Idol.
I would love to see a guest Judge be Little Richard. can you imagine the craziness with some of the rejects and Little Richard. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DarkArtist
01-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Ian Benardo is my hero.

that guy was just too funny. I mean did this guy actually believe he really was as great as he thought. I think he knew that he was bad and was hoping for his two minutes of fame on TV.

OC47150
01-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Larry King had previous Idol losers on his show last night. Ian was there, too.
And William Hung sang! Achy-Breaky Heart!! Just saw a bit of that on Headline News this morning.

JimJamBonds
01-27-2007, 01:04 AM
I sadly watched the last 15 or so minutes the other day. There are three people that I need to interogate inorder to find out whom I need to kill. If you never read another post from Caesar you now know the reason.

CaptainSolo1138
01-27-2007, 09:12 AM
It's not until the first week of voting that the show is worth watching. You must learn patience.I've always found the first two weeks the best in years past. Its just too damn weird this time around.

In the meantime, I'm sure you can listen to your Kelly Clarkson CDs.Shhhhhhhh....the others might hear you.

Boy, this season is weird. Whereas in the past, this part of each season is my favorite, it's just plain painful to watch. The judges are just downright mean.All the media outlets have been pointing out how mean the judges have been but have neglected to mention how carppy the talent has been. The only real standouts for me were the Indian siblings (they had matching mustaches, but they sang really well), the hot friends and the incredibly gorgeous Jewish chick.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2007, 10:15 PM
On Best Week Ever they have a segment about the bushbaby guy and his Randy-Jackson's-pants-wearing friend. Seems like they're getting quite the William Hung treatment, wherein everyone's in on the joke but them. Kinda sad, really; it's one thing for the judges to do it but everyone else is being a-holes about it.

JEDIpartner
02-02-2007, 02:05 PM
I just can't wait for the cuts to be made so the real competition can start.

2-1B
02-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Every one of these males tonight have been terrible so far. What is this clown garbage ? :D

UKWildcat
02-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow. That 2 hrs. was painful.

2-1B
02-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Honest to God, I wouldn't have blamed Simon for Rancor-Trap-Dooring every one of those tools.

The Chris Richardson hopping guy was the worst but they were all painful.

Also it was predictable that Simon would crack on that shaggy haired kid for the use of the lyric "I don't want to bore you" but I can't blame Cowell for pointing out the obvious.

What a train wreck.

UKWildcat
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm kinda hoping that Chris Richardson does well throughout the rest of the competition, mainly because he is from my area. I actually thought he was one of the better performances compared to the rest of them, but geez, they were awful.

Hopefully the girls will do much better.

And Simon was 100% correct, all night. He always is too. I find myself siding with Simon much more than with Jackson and the intoxicated one.

CaptainSolo1138
02-20-2007, 11:01 PM
I liked the beat boxing fella, whatever his name is Blake. I thought it was pretty classy to not beat box but rather sing a decent song really good.

El Chuxter
02-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Every year, there's a standout. It's not always the winner (though two have been winners, and one was a runner-up), but s/he always makes himself or herself known early on.

I think it's safe to say this season's standout will not be a male type person.

CaptainSolo1138
02-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Every year, there's a standout. It's not always the winner (though two have been winners, and one was a runner-up), but s/he always makes himself or herself known early on.

I think it's safe to say this season's standout will not be a male type person.
Though it is too early to say that there won't be a stand-out, I'm not sure any of the girls are impressive enough (or hot enough for that matter) to make a name for themselves like Kat McPhee did:lipsrsealed:. Especially since the one "best friend" already has pics of her using the toilet posted online. Classy.

El Chuxter
02-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Lakisha (sp?) was damned impressive in earlier rounds. Of course, there's always a "reincarnation of Aretha (even though Ms Franklin's still alive and well)"; they tend to not make it to the end. Kelly Clarkson being the exception, since she was a cutie on top of having probably the single best voice in the history of the show.

I won't argue that Kat is adorable, but as a singer, she's boring as hell. I'd rather listen to Constantine and Daughtry do a duet, and I'd rather have Bruce Lee reincarnated to kick me in the goods for 24 hours straight than listen to even one of those phoneys.

And I think Carrie Underwood should be dragged out into the streets and shot. Kelly Pickler would be the same, but I don't believe she deserves that sort of credit.

DarkArtist
02-21-2007, 12:55 PM
I actually want to see Blake win the whole thing. I think it's cool that he can do the whole be-bop thing and sing as well.

CaptainSolo1138
02-21-2007, 01:07 PM
I actually want to see Blake win the whole thing. I think it's cool that he can do the whole be-bop thing and sing as well.Not only can he do it and do it well, he's got a very "If you don't like me, eat it!" persona to him which I, for some reason, appreciate.

JEDIpartner
02-21-2007, 03:42 PM
I like Blake as well. He comes off as a natural and he's not a bad-looking guy either! I was stunned that Sundance performed as badly as he did. I think I would send him and Sanjaya back home this week. There were a couple other surprises as well. Chris Richardson underwhelmed me as did Chris Sligh. AJ really shocked me as I thought he pretty much sucked from the initial televised audition through Hollywood week.

I'll have to see how the girls do via DVR as I've got a full evening ahead of me. I think, if anything gets watched when I get home tonight, it will be LOST.

DarkArtist
02-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Not only can he do it and do it well, he's got a very "If you don't like me, eat it!" persona to him which I, for some reason, appreciate.

that's another reason why I like him. I really think he will go far in the competition but I don't think he will win. It's sad to say but Idol is fixed afterall.

El Chuxter
02-21-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't think it's exactly fixed, but I think the judges use a lot of influence on the audience. It's pretty subtle, but watch for it.

UKWildcat
02-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I think it is safe to say that the women did much, much better than the men.

El Chuxter
02-22-2007, 01:07 AM
No diggity, no doubt.

Frontrunners in my mind:

Jordin: Thought the arrangement was too frantic for a blues number like that, but her voice is amazing.

Gina: Seemed weird to hear "All By Myself" coming from a girl who looks like she should be singing something by Hole, but she pulled it off. There's something unique about her voice.

Lakisha and Melinda: I don't know which is fuglier. Or which is better. One of them should win, based on what we've seen.

BTW, my wife learned today that Alaina (who raped "Brass in Pocket") tonight is related somehow to a co-worker. After hearing her sing, I politely asked her not to repeat any of my comments about how bad she sucked at work tomorrow.

OC47150
02-22-2007, 08:43 AM
I think it's safe to say a woman is going to win this year's competition, UK.

JEDIpartner
02-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones and (surprise) Sabrina Sloan were the forerunners last night. Gina Glocksen did exceptionally well but lagged behind the other three for me.

DarkArtist
02-22-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't think it's safe to say that a woman will win the pot. Afterall look at the way Idol winners have been, a woman, a man, 2 women, a man. I think the guys are going to come alive and take the prise.

Last night the women di blow the men away but I think that either Blake or Chris Singh are going to be in the running for the top spot.

JEDIpartner
02-22-2007, 11:22 AM
I think that either Blake or Chris Singh are going to be in the running for the top spot.

If Chris aims to win, he needs to emote a little more. His voice was fine but he was about as exciting as a wet lump of white bread.

UKWildcat
02-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Very nice simile JEDIp! lol

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2007, 12:27 PM
The one half of the "best friends" sucked a huge nut, which made me happy.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-22-2007, 02:31 PM
I've been watching this show more lately... because I forget the weeks that House not on and get a quick glimpse of Idle Worship before I change channels. :(

JEDIpartner
02-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Very nice simile JEDIp! lol

I channeled Simon Cowell for that one. ;)

The one half of the "best friends" sucked a huge nut, which made me happy.

But she was still surprisingly much better than I had expected, which doesn't matter since I still hate her.

2-1B
02-22-2007, 08:19 PM
that guy still isn't wearing shoes.

UKWildcat
02-22-2007, 10:03 PM
I guess I agree with the people who got kicked off. I wasn't expecting the no shoes guy, but I didn't expect him to make it to the end either. :neutral:

2-1B
02-22-2007, 10:27 PM
who were the 2nd two to get booted ? I changed to The Office at 7:30 :grin:

UKWildcat
02-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Rudy Cardenas and Nicole Tranquillo, I believe it was.

You really need to invest in a DVR Caesar. It's the best! :)

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 10:01 AM
I just cannot believe that Sanjaya was one of the top 4 guys in the voting this week. He was frakking horrid!!!!!

It's obvious that Paul Kim and Rudy Cardenas weren't going to make it to the top 5, but to be kicked out before "Sundance" and Sanjaya was a crime. Both of the girls who were kicked out were so unremarkable that I couldn't even remember their performances.

CaptainSolo1138
02-23-2007, 10:08 AM
God am I glad Rudy got sent home. He gave me the creeps, what with his thrusting, wiggling hips and whatnot. Just weird, that guy.

OC47150
02-23-2007, 10:14 AM
I just cannot believe that Sanjaya was one of the top 4 guys in the voting this week. He was frakking horrid!!!!!

It's obvious that Paul Kim and Rudy Cardenas weren't going to make it to the top 5, but to be kicked out before "Sundance" and Sanjaya was a crime. Both of the girls who were kicked out were so unremarkable that I couldn't even remember their performances.

I'm willing to bet it's the elementary and junior high/middle school girls voting for Sanjaya that's keeping him there, JEDIpartner.

For the last couple of years, vote for the worst has urged the public to keep the worst sinners on the show for as long as possible. Guess who's selected this year? I won't spoil it for you.

http://www.votefortheworst.com/

This web site is fun to check out as the season progresses.

CaptainSolo1138
02-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Guess who's selected this year? I won't spoil it for you.Gee, that's the shocker of the century!:p

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 10:23 AM
The picture of Taylor holding up the Vote For the Worst shirt is somehow just priceless.

(I mean, if enough people had done that, he would've lost, right?)

UKWildcat
02-23-2007, 11:06 AM
God am I glad Rudy got sent home. He gave me the creeps, what with his thrusting, wiggling hips and whatnot. Just weird, that guy.

Ditto. I couldn't stand him.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Well... yeah-- but Sanjaya was even grosser with his asexual looks and horrid performance!!

UKWildcat
02-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Not gonna argue with you there JEDIp.

I can't stand Sanjaya either, and I was shocked to learn that he was in the top 4 as well. His performance was wretched. Well, everything about him is wretched.

DarkArtist
02-23-2007, 12:41 PM
I really wanted to see Antonella Barba get the axe last night. She murdered that song and deserved the boot. I guess they are keeping her because of the pics on the web.

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 12:46 PM
And his sister sang better, though that's not saying a lot.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 02:04 PM
At least she was exotically cute!!!!

CaptainSolo1138
02-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Cute except for the fact that her and her brother had matching eyebrows.

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Eyebrows can be plucked.

Talent cannot be faked.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Which is why neither of them should be on the show. :o

2-1B
02-25-2007, 03:12 PM
I like Sundance Head...

a) because his name is Sundance Head
and
b) because he has some balls to sing Knights in White Satin (poorly, I might add) on a trendy (and stupid) show like this one.

Go Head !

JEDIpartner
02-25-2007, 06:20 PM
It's just that he didn't do it well. :(

2-1B
02-25-2007, 06:44 PM
like I said...he sang it poorly. :D

I can't believe they waste an entire hour of programming to cut down 4 people. They really need to stop padding the show in this way.

JEDIpartner
02-26-2007, 09:45 AM
I didn't even bother to watch that full hour. I watched the previous night's LOST during that time, tuned into the last 10 minutes to find out who got dumped and then watched The Office and 30 Rock. It worked out beautifully!

Oh, and big congrats to my girl Jennifer Hudson! WOOOOOOO!!! I loved this girl when she was on Idol and was sore that she got the boot so early. In retrospect, that was the best thing that could've happened for her. She would've never been allowed the opportunity to star in Dreamgirls and she would've never collected the SAG, Golden Globe, Oscar, ShoWest and the multitude of other awards for her performance of Effie White! YOU GO!!!!

JON9000
02-26-2007, 04:31 PM
I really wanted to see Antonella Barba get the axe last night. She murdered that song and deserved the boot. I guess they are keeping her because of the pics on the web.

Antonella Barba should win--- there's little in this world as cool as "catholic school girls in trouble".

DarkArtist
02-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Antonella Barba should win--- there's little in this world as cool as "catholic school girls in trouble".

don't get me wrong the whole Catholic School Girl in Trouble thing is great but she has 0 talent. if the pics are the only things that are keeping her there then it's clear that Idol is fixed.

DarkArtist
02-27-2007, 08:51 AM
I like Sundance Head...

a) because his name is Sundance Head
and
b) because he has some balls to sing Knights in White Satin (poorly, I might add) on a trendy (and stupid) show like this one.

Go Head !

Plus his name alone sounds like a band. "Ladies and Gentlemen......... I give you Sundance Head !!!!"

El Chuxter
02-27-2007, 09:36 AM

A Fistful of Yen....

UKWildcat
02-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Sanjaya's performace was absolutely horrid again and he better get kicked off. I can't take any more of him...

DarkArtist
02-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Sanjaya's performace was absolutely horrid again and he better get kicked off. I can't take any more of him...

I totally agree. and what was with the whole 90's Wacko Jacko look ? all he needed was the glove.

JEDIpartner
02-28-2007, 08:52 AM
The guys this year are almost as uninteresting as they were in season one. I don't think anything could top the boy-band brand of blandness that permeated that group!

Sanjaya SHOULD'VE gone home last week. Remarkably, he was in the top 4 males for that week. Simon was right- his performance was a whisper, He looked like Michael Jackson from the "Smooth Criminal" video and his mannerisms were weak and fey.

Brandon did NOTHING right with his rendition of "Time after Time" and should be sent home this week as well. I didn't understand his explanation of why his performance was so flat- "I dedicated it to my grandmother and I was feeling it inside so I didn't think I had to show it." I know I'm sorta paraphrasing but that was the gist of it. What the heck was that supposed to mean??

While I think Chris Richardson is a doll, I don't think his performance was note perfect. Still, I'd rather see some life and committment to the song than someone snoring their way through a pop classic.

Blake had some pitch problems with his performance of "Virtual Insanity" but, again, at least he brought something interesting to it. I usually agree with Simon but I don't think he "copied" the performance as he proclaimed during his assessment of Blake.

I really do think the girls have the upper hand this year.

OC47150
02-28-2007, 09:02 AM
I've only watched about half of the show (had a church meeting and had to tape it) but based on what I've seen so far, Sanjaya was the worst.

And you're right, JEDIpartner: the ladies have the upperhand. Or at least a few of them do.

It was a nice touch that Idol acknowledged Jennifer Hudson's Oscar win.

Now, will they address the Antonella controversy tonight? Hmmmmmmm....

JEDIpartner
02-28-2007, 09:36 AM
"...always in motion the future is!"

El Chuxter
02-28-2007, 10:41 AM
The local Fox affiliate interviewed Randy, Simon, and Ryan about Antonella. They all were p***ed that a "friend" (Simon actually said something about an obnoxious ex-boyfriend) would leak "private property" in an attempt to derail her aspirations of stardom.

Funny, I thought her crap voice was doing that rather well. :rolleyes:

They showed the pictures (with some black bars). Some looked like they were snapped by an amateur, but a couple definitely looked professional.

Bottom line: If you pose for porn pictures and want to go on American Idol, be sure you're white first.

And check out this article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070227/ap_en_tv/american_idol_nj;_ylt=ArGTrPZw8Z1DSskdpZ8ALtNpMhkF ). The comments about everyone having pictures of everyone else on the toilet are just priceless.

CaptainSolo1138
02-28-2007, 01:24 PM
It turns out the ones of her on the knob were fake. But the ones of her in a wet t-shirt are kinda hot until you realize where she is: The WWII Memorial in Washington, DC. Yes, A fine "American" idol she'd make.:rolleyes:

2-1B
02-28-2007, 08:44 PM
J-Hud was on Idol ?

JEDIpartner
02-28-2007, 09:42 PM
J-Hud was on Idol ?

Um-- yeah. I loved her!!! She got booted off at number 7. She was on the same year as Fantasia.

Okay-- so, Antonella and Alaina need to go this week. They were, by far, the weakest vocalists. Melinda Doolittle was flawless and is in a class of her own. Lakisha was nicely restrained. Beautiful!!!

UKWildcat
02-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Okay-- so, Antonella and Alaina need to go this week. They were, by far, the weakest vocalists. Melinda Doolittle was flawless and is in a class of her own. Lakisha was nicely restrained. Beautiful!!!

I agree with Antonella, her performance was terrible. I didn't get to see Alaina, but I take it she did pretty bad?

JEDIpartner
02-28-2007, 09:59 PM
It was average. She did "Not Ready to Make Nice" and got a little lost in the arrangement. Her voice didn't have the conviction it needed to sell the song and she kept vascillating between trying to sound like Mooriah Carey and trying to singing the song like Natalie Maines, which she couldn't do either.

2-1B
02-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Doolittle won't win, she is too odd looking.

I'm not saying that to be mean, just that for this popularity contest I don't see an unattractive woman as possibly winning. Same goes for fat women like Lakisha. A fat guy can win it but not a fat woman, no way. Sad.

JEDIpartner
02-28-2007, 10:10 PM
She won't need to... My girl Jenni Hudson didn't... :D

2-1B
02-28-2007, 10:30 PM
and good for her ! :)

I think Hudson is awesome.

UKWildcat
02-28-2007, 11:24 PM
It was average. She did "Not Ready to Make Nice" and got a little lost in the arrangement. Her voice didn't have the conviction it needed to sell the song and she kept vascillating between trying to sound like Mooriah Carey and trying to singing the song like Natalie Maines, which she couldn't do either.

Ahh, okay. Thanks for filling me in Jp. :)

...I don't see an unattractive woman as possibly winning.

I don't know, Fantasia is pretty nasty.

El Chuxter
03-01-2007, 01:13 AM
I still don't see the appeal of Fantasia. Sure, she has a good voice. But she overemotes, and she's fake, and--worst of all--it's damned obvious.

2-1B
03-01-2007, 07:03 AM
I've never seen her, I'd like to take a look at this woman.

OC47150
03-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Will someone take Antonella out back and put her out of her freakin' misery?!?!? And ours?????????

SHE CAN'T SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she makes it pass tonight, I will be on the phones next week voting for someone other than her. That's not a threat, but a promise. :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
03-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Seriously...!!!!

JEDIpartner
03-01-2007, 09:35 AM
I've never seen her, I'd like to take a look at this woman.

http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=72827991&partner=Yahoo&epmid=3

UKWildcat
03-01-2007, 11:07 AM
http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=72827991&partner=Yahoo&epmid=3

(((:eek:)))

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

JEDIpartner
03-01-2007, 11:21 AM
LOL!!!! I know what you mean. That was one of the first images that came up when I did a search for Fantasia Barrino!! :D

DarkArtist
03-01-2007, 01:32 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHH ! you should put a warning label on that link, scary images ahead. I think I saw that pic in an issue of Fangora Magazine or something.

DarkArtist
03-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Simon , Randy and Paula, please spare us and give Antonella Barba the boot tonight. I can't take it anymore, my ears are tired of bleeding.:whip: :whip: :whip:

JEDIpartner
03-01-2007, 04:42 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHH ! you should put a warning label on that link, scary images ahead. I think I saw that pic in an issue of Fangora Magazine or something.

Well, that's pretty much how I responded to seeing it myself. I don't want to ruin the impact for everyone else!

2-1B
03-01-2007, 07:22 PM
I take back what I said because that was evidence to the contrary.

It's good though, because I didn't want to be right about my theory on this. I stand corrected. Good for Fantasia. :)

2-1B
03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Okay, I turned this on tonight and just saw the recaps from this week...can I say again how annoyed I am by Chris Richardson and his whole act ?

And that Blake guy with the "beat box"ing...enough already.

UKWildcat
03-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Sanjaya, Antonella? Safe?!?!??!?

There are some things I just don't understand... :confused:

2-1B
03-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Something else I don't get about this show is that the "losers" get to sing again...the same song that they got booted for in the first place. :confused:

JEDIpartner
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
I can't believe they picked the wrong guys again this week!! It stinks that Salmonella is still on the show.

OC47150
03-02-2007, 08:23 AM
That's it!!! I'm calling in next week for Gina!! This madness has to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked Leslie's voice: smoky, husky. Kinda a throwback to the 20s and 30s.

I noticed this week in particular there were a lot of camera shots of Sundance and Antonella. Guess the producers follow Vote for the Worst, too.

JEDIpartner
03-02-2007, 09:46 AM
*sigh* Probably true, innit.

UKWildcat
03-02-2007, 10:19 AM
That's it!!! I'm calling in next week for Gina!! This madness has to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is Gina your favorite OC? My brother's favorite is Gina too, he is in love with her.

I don't think I have a favorite now that I think about it. And the few people that are actually good singers, I don't really care for. Hmmmm..... :Ponder:

I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Richardson do well (b/c he is from my area), but when he sings he is like a bobblehead on crack, or something.

OC47150
03-02-2007, 10:42 AM
I like Gina. She has a good voice, and I'd like to see her make it to the top 10.

Will Gina win? Probably not, but she's just as deserving as Lakisha and some of the other ladies.

And I will say, I'd like to see Gina go further than someone like Antonella, too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Kellie Pickler is still annoying as hell, but DAMN, she looked fine last night.

CaptainSolo1138
03-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Her hooters looked fine, but her face is still kinda fug. Plus, her haircut made her look old as hell. Not "all grown up" old, just plain old. And I've had enough of her little "I'm semi-retarded, y'all!" schtick.

DarkArtist
03-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Sanjaya, Antonella? Safe?!?!??!?

There are some things I just don't understand... :confused:

That's because it is Fixed. Idol is trying to capitalize on the the controversy with Antonella and the cuteness factor with Sanjaya. I mean the both of them thought they should have been voted off.

DarkArtist
03-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Her hooters looked fine, but her face is still kinda fug. Plus, her haircut made her look old as hell. Not "all grown up" old, just plain old. And I've had enough of her little "I'm semi-retarded, y'all!" schtick.

The blue light on her hair didn't help either. the haircut gave her a sort of Dolly Parton look. I actually like her singing though and thought it was a decent song. Really like her song Red High Heels though.

I just hope Idol doesn't kill Daughtry's song I'm going Home like they did with the song "Bad Day" by Daniel Powder.

2-1B
03-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Richardson do well (b/c he is from my area), but when he sings he is like a bobblehead on crack, or something.

Thank you for posting that because first, it is hilarious lol and second, it is the PERFECT description that I have been looking for. :D

JEDIpartner
03-04-2007, 07:27 PM
I think he's adorable as long as he doesn't sing or move around. LOL

I saw a recap with her on the Soup. She looked HORRIBLE!!!!! Nice baps, though.

UKWildcat
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Thank you for posting that because first, it is hilarious lol and second, it is the PERFECT description that I have been looking for. :D

My pleasure! lol
It was actually odd to see him not sing like a cracked out bobblehead tonight. :confused:

Alright, if Sanjaya doesn't get kicked off this week, then I refuse to watch this show any further. Mark my words.

2-1B
03-06-2007, 09:39 PM
I only caught the last guy but from the recaps I saw, it looked like more of the same from this mostly feminine sounding group of guys. Not my style.

I'm still rooting for Sundance. :D But if they want to "Vote for the Worst" it would have to be Sanjaya, Chris Bobblehead, or Beat Box Boy. :dead:

Slicker
03-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I was just about to come in here and do my 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon with Paula Abdul but Uke beat me to it.

I've actually EATEN at the Hooters that he works at!! OMG, I almost know a false celebrity!!!

UKWildcat
03-07-2007, 12:50 AM
I was just about to come in here and do my 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon with Paula Abdul but Uke beat me to it.

My bad. lol

I've actually EATEN at the Hooters that he works at!! OMG, I almost know a false celebrity!!!

Well I can't say that! :frus:

lol :thumbsup:

OC47150
03-07-2007, 08:25 AM
A national TV critic summed up this season with one word: blah. I have to agree.

It hit me this morning: Sanjaya is channeling an early 70s Donnie Osmond with his look!

The kid can't sing. Send him home. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
03-07-2007, 10:33 AM
I voted for Sanjaya and Sundance. That way, they'll be the final two, which will annoy everyone so they don't watch the finale, which in some strange, roundabout way, will leave the treasures of the Gotham Natural History Museum ripe for the plundering!

THIS I COMMAND!!

OC47150
03-07-2007, 10:42 AM
And remember to vote for any of the ladies other than Antonella tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whip:

JEDIpartner
03-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Chris Richardson sounded bad but was really cute as always.

Blake was pretty good but seemed bored.

Chrith Thligh did a great job but his lisp bothers me. He also seemed to keep getting tired.

Sundance wasn't very good and he's too old and stocky to have hair like that.

Sanjaya has to go. He's creepy gross and barely sings.

Brandon... what's going on? I thought you were a seasoned backup singer??!!

Jared was fine but uninteresting.

Phil really has issues with his lower register and I'm glad that they pointed it out. His face creeps me out big time.

For me...

It's Blake, Jared, Chris R, Chris S. and Brandon.

UKWildcat
03-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Chris Richardson sounded bad but was really cute as always.

Blake was pretty good but seemed bored.

Chrith Thligh did a great job but his lisp bothers me. He also seemed to keep getting tired.

Sundance wasn't very good and he's too old and stocky to have hair like that.

Sanjaya has to go. He's creepy gross and barely sings.

Brandon... what's going on? I thought you were a seasoned backup singer??!!

Jared was fine but uninteresting.

Phil really has issues with his lower register and I'm glad that they pointed it out. His face creeps me out big time.

For me...

It's Blake, Jared, Chris R, Chris S. and Brandon.

Wow. I totally agree with your post and your assestment of each contestant JP. Well, except for the Chris Richardson cute thing. :p

Did anyone else do a double take when Sundance dropped the "F" bomb towards the beginning of Jeremy? :eek: I guess he could have said something else, but it sounded like f**k to me.

El Chuxter
03-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Meh. Your ears deceive you, as they do in people not trained in the ancient Japanese art of purple-fu! He changed the word to "punk."

Everything is proceeding according to plan.

THIS I COMMAND!!

JEDIpartner
03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Wow. I totally agree with your post and your assestment of each contestant JP. Well, except for the Chris Richardson cute thing. :p

Did anyone else do a double take when Sundance dropped the "F" bomb towards the beginning of Jeremy? :eek: I guess he could have said something else, but it sounded like f**k to me.

I'm really excited about Melinda and LaKisha's performances tonight. I hope they rule the stage! :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
03-07-2007, 05:40 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH Someone needs to tell Sanjaya that he can't sing. I really hope he gets the cut on Thrusday. I can't believe that he said he's not surprised that he made it last week. You could see from the look on his face last week that he was expecting to get the boot.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2007, 08:58 PM
MELINDA FRAKKIN' DOOLITTLE, kids!!!!!
:thumbsup::love::thumbsup::love::thumbsup:

OC47150
03-08-2007, 08:18 AM
I did my fair share of voting last night.

And several were for rocker Gina. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
03-08-2007, 09:47 AM

I really want to see Gina go all the way, she's sort of the like the femael version of Chris Daughtry.

Hopefully Thrusday the will finally give the axe to Antonella Barba. Even though her performance last night was alright, still she needs to go, she is just not that great of a singer.

As for Melinda Doolittle, while she has a great voice I just can't get past her name, to me it sounds like a kids cartoon, like she shouold be a guest on the Doodlebops or something.

CaptainSolo1138
03-08-2007, 09:56 AM
I missed it last night and I'm not too sad about it. Once it gets whittled down to the final 16 I'll be more apt to watch, but with people like Antonella and Sanjaya still singing I'll pass every time.

OC47150
03-08-2007, 10:19 AM
You know, Antonella is from Jersey. Daddy probably has contacts with Tony Soprano and friends and may unleash the hounds on those of us who voted his little girl off the show.

I say, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEDIpartner
03-08-2007, 10:55 AM

She was a little shaky but I totally believed her permormance was representative of who she is. I loved it. Still-- no one was as sassy and sure-footed as ol' "Big Head" Doolittle! WOOOOOOOO!!!!

UKWildcat
03-08-2007, 01:18 PM
You know, Antonella is from Jersey. Daddy probably has contacts with Tony Soprano and friends and may unleash the hounds on those of us who voted his little girl off the show.

I say, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

As for Melinda Doolittle, while she has a great voice I just can't get past her name, to me it sounds like a kids cartoon, like she shouold be a guest on the Doodlebops or something.

Amen. Awesome singer, awful name. Even though she's one of the better/best singers out of the group, I still have a feeling she won't make it very far in the final 12.

El Chuxter
03-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Melinda is the best, easily.

If you don't like her, come and smell of my mind-controlling lilac buttonierre, won't you?

THIS I COMMAND!!

JEDIpartner
03-08-2007, 02:10 PM
I still have a feeling she won't make it very far in the final 12.

Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, anyone? :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
03-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Is anyone else familiar with the site "DialIdol"? It is a website that, according to WWTDD.com, “measures the busy signal to determine which Idols are getting the most votes … DialIdol assumes that because one Idols phone line is busier than another's that they are getting more votes. As a result we predict who will be voted off every week.” It's 87% accurate.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Antonella was fourth place overall for the girls this week, making her safe once again. W...T...F!!!!!

JEDIpartner
03-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Antonella was fourth place overall for the girls this week, making her safe once again. W...T...F!!!!!

Really? She just got kicked off!!

The REAL "WTF" is that Sabrina got kicked off!!

CaptainSolo1138
03-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Really? She just got kicked off!!
I've never been so glad to be wrong in my life. See ya!

Now as for Sanjaya...:rolleyes:

Sundance sucked, but not as consistently as Sanjaya.

UKWildcat
03-08-2007, 09:27 PM
What a crock of sh*t. I'm done watching this show until that piece of crap Sanjaya gets kicked off.

OC47150
03-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I had to do my happy dance around the house last night. :pleased:

I just read about DialIdol in the last day, Captain Solo. When I read the part where their results were 87 percent accurate most of the time, I thought, nuts! What do we have to do to get rid of this girl?!?

Sanjaya, you're next.

DarkArtist
03-09-2007, 09:20 AM
What a crock of sh*t. I'm done watching this show until that piece of crap Sanjaya gets kicked off.

I agree. Who's voting for him anyway ? The kid is horrible and should get the boot already. Sundance Head Rocked Jeremey the other night and deserved to stay in the top 12.

OC47150
03-09-2007, 09:29 AM
I agree. Who's voting for him anyway ? The kid is horrible and should get the boot already. Sundance Head Rocked Jeremey the other night and deserved to stay in the top 12.

I can give you a couple of hints: it's the elementary and junior high/middle school-aged girls and probably a few older ladies who think Sanjaya's cute and keep voting for him. There's one like him every season: Kevin, John Stevens, the list goes on.

JEDIpartner
03-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Someone on another forum asked us to give Sanjaya a break because he had a nice smile that "lights up the world". My response to that munter was "Since when did American Idol become a 'smiling twink' contest???"

OC47150
03-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Too funny!!

El Chuxter
03-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I voted for Sanjaya!

When he wins, I will create a Milli-Vanilli styled duo called The Purple Nurples, comprised of Sanjaya and the far more straight-laced Justin Guarini. They will be the frontmen, but the music will be hypnotic mind control impulses created by a rare telepathic orchid from Zimbabwe. Young girls everywhere will fall under my flower power, and someday some of those girls will be bank tellers working at the Gotham National Bank! The riches of the Gotham National Bank will be mine!!

THIS I COMMAND!!

OC47150
03-09-2007, 10:43 AM
I voted for Sanjaya!

When he wins, I will create a Milli-Vanilli styled duo called The Purple Nurples, comprised of Sanjaya and the far more straight-laced Justin Guarini. They will be the frontmen, but the music will be hypnotic mind control impulses created by a rare telepathic orchid from Zimbabwe. Young girls everywhere will fall under my flower power, and someday some of those girls will be bank tellers working at the Gotham National Bank! The riches of the Gotham National Bank will be mine!!

THIS I COMMAND!!

I've been having a real crappy morning at work, and this, THIS, made me laugh out loud.

Thank you!!!!!:thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
03-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Too funny!!

:)

I mean, look, I think Chris Richardson is a handsome kid but I don't think he's got what it takes at this stage of the game. I'm not going to vote for him just 'cos I think he's attractive. I'd rather vote for someone like LaKisha or Melinda 'cos the voices will sound great coming out of my speakers despite how they look on the CD jackets.

CaptainSolo1138
03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Young girls everywhere will fall under my flower powerIt will still be no match for my glower power.

El Chuxter
03-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Sundance needed to go. He was overdue. Tuesday night, I was praying that I'd wake up to headlines that Eddie Vedder had kicked his punk butt for what he did to Jeremy.

Sanjaya needs to be next.

I have a feeling that at least four of the first six people voted out of the top twelve will be guys.

Melinda needs to win, as she really pulled ahead LaKisha this past week.

By the way, Cappy, what's with the weird fake quote about flower power?

CaptainSolo1138
03-12-2007, 07:46 AM
By the way, Cappy, what's with the weird fake quote about flower power?How is it that I'm one of the only people in the world who doesn't care about The Simpson's yet can get away with a Mr. Burns quote?

OC47150
03-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Boy, I'm glad I taped this show and didn't waste two hours actually watching it.

It was awful!!!:shocked:

I think it was a combination of things: the songs and the kids trying to make the songs their own. I'm not a Diana Ross fan (wouldn't walk across the street to see her for free) but she was an odd choice to celebrate. Some of the kids sang some of her more obscure/not top 10 songs.

And while I'll commend the kids for trying to make the songs their own (Blake in particular) it didn't work.

And Sanjaya. What can I say? I think I'll take the high road and keep my comments to myself.

And was Miss Ross too good to be a judge last night? Just one more reason why not to like her.

DarkArtist
03-14-2007, 08:56 AM
I voted for Sanjaya!

THIS I COMMAND!!

You mean this hasn't happened already ? I thought Sanjaya was the winner.

I mean afterall, he is one of the few that say he always deserves to in the competition the following week. Oh please, let the world come to it's senses and vote this no talent kid off, he just can't sing.

El Chuxter
03-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Sanjaya was horrible last night.

Haley was boring, and she obviously thinks she's Kat McPhee (who was boring, too). Cute, though. From what Simon says, he thinks he can market her, though.

LaKisha was a little off her top performance for the second week.

Jack Osbourne looked goofy, and sang poorly.

The crazy bald guy was the best of the dudes, which isn't saying much.

Jordin was back at the top of her game. Still totally outclassed by Melinda and LaKisha, though. I suppose she's the best of the mere mortals.

Gina needs to realize that she's only good when she sings in a way that matches her crazy style. If she'd get it through her head that her voice actually matches the dyed hair and tattoos, she could be great, but that seems to be a big if.

Melinda tore it up, as always.

OC47150
03-14-2007, 10:35 AM
The show in general, IMO, is showing favoritism to Melinda. She's talented but she got more one-on-one camera time than some of the other contestants.

Haley was channeling a little Kat McPhee last night, at least in the dress department.

2-1B
03-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Whew, I was worried Sanjaya was going to leave tonight. Good thing they voted off the former background singer who can actually sing.

JEDIpartner
03-15-2007, 04:04 PM
GAH! just GAH!!!!

LaKisha was a little off her top performance for the second week.

Jordin was back at the top of her game. Still totally outclassed by Melinda and LaKisha, though. I suppose she's the best of the mere mortals.

Melinda tore it up, as always.

Honestly, the show is about these three to me. There's little else that needs to be discussed.

UKWildcat
03-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Whew, I was worried Sanjaya was going to leave tonight. Good thing they voted off the former background singer who can actually sing.

You mean to tell me that douche bag is still on the show?

El Chuxter
03-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I rather like Phil. His egg-zistential vocals remind me of my own when I was but a scrambled young man.

2-1B
03-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Phil is creepy.

Yuke, yes Sanjaya is still on the show. He was in the Bottom Three with the above freak as well as Brandon, the guy who worked professionally as a backing singer. I thought Brandon was the best of the men but like he says, "America Voted. Seacreast Out."

OC47150
03-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Miss Ross graced us with her presence!!! I was impressed...NOT!!!

Sometimes I think the producers throw a top-vote getter into the bottom three just for the shock value.

UKWildcat
03-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Phil is creepy.

Yuke, yes Sanjaya is still on the show. He was in the Bottom Three with the above freak as well as Brandon, the guy who worked professionally as a backing singer. I thought Brandon was the best of the men but like he says, "America Voted. Seacreast Out."

lol

Sanjaya, well theres not point in going there since everyone seems to feel the same about him. Phil is kinda creepy. I actually thought Brandon was one of the better male vocalists too, although he did start to do worse and didn't improve there for a while. Either way, I think one of the girls are a lock to win it anyways.

Miss Ross graced us with her presence!!! I was impressed...NOT!!!

Not sure if you were going for the whole Borat thing there, but that was freakin' hilarious!!! lol

OC47150
03-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Is there a theme tonight? I haven't heard if there is.

El Chuxter
03-20-2007, 03:10 PM
They will be singing songs about poultry.

UKWildcat
03-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Sweet!!! I may have to actually tune in if thats true Chux.

OC47150
03-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Pictures of that little girl sitting in the audience, crying, is the reason why Sanjaya is still in the competition.

Honestly, I think Lakisha is vulnerable after last night's performance. It was nice to hear a James Bond theme sung but just an odd choice. And Simon was right: she acted like she was 50 when she performed it.

I can't hear that Peter Noone song without thinking of the Naked Gun (the first one.) :pleased:

DarkArtist
03-21-2007, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=OC47150;538921]Pictures of that little girl sitting in the audience, crying, is the reason why Sanjaya is still in the competition. [QUOTE]

sadly it is true that this is the audience that is voting for him. She most likely downloads any pics of him she can find and puts them up in her room. Seeing her cry was like watching the vintage footage of the Beatles first concert here in the U.S. with all the girls crying and fainting.

on a sad note, I actually thought that Sanjaya gave his best performance of the entire competition. even more sad is the fact that yet again he will be safe tonight.

OC47150
03-21-2007, 08:41 AM
And dirty, middle-aged men will vote to keep Haley in, just to see what she'll wear the next week! :razz:

El Chuxter
03-21-2007, 10:15 AM
It was all Melinda and Jordin this week. Lakisha was weak, and this is two weeks in a row that Melinda really outshined her.

But, really... HOW THE HELL COULD PETER NOONE BE ON THERE, AND NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THE DAMNED FINALISTS SANG "MRS BROWN, YOU'VE GOT A LOVELY DAUGHTER"? That is one of the greatest and most underrated songs of the rock era.

JEDIpartner
03-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I'd post my own commentary but the chick from TVGuide.com said exactly what I would say here...

American Idol
by Paula Paige

Read March 20, 2007: "Who's Your Daddy?"

Wow, this show turned out to be very interesting. This week we revisited 40-year-old songs with Peter Noone and Lulu. Peter, former lead singer of Herman's Hermits, and Lulu, who sang one of my favorite songs ever, “To Sir with Love,” helped coach the contestants since neither Mick Jagger (not in a million years) nor Shirley Bassey (busy being a Dame) were available. I was expecting to hear “She Loves You,” “I Only Want to Be with You” or at least “Wild Thing,” to no avail. Perhaps there were licensing issues. Oh well, we did get The Rolling Stones, two songs by the Zombies and two Shirley Bassey tunes. Not bad for a Tuesday night.

Haley went first, and all I could think was, “Got legs?” This is a smart girl because she knows she hasn’t got the singing chops of several of the others, but she does probably have the best legs and she knows how to use them. I am surprised no one rushed the stage. Did you see her catwalk? Even I could appreciate it. Thank god her top was taped on, because it was very open in the back and I feared for a wardrobe malfunction. Her performance wasn’t as bad as any of her other ones. She even remembered all of her lyrics. She sang “Tell Him,” and although I didn’t care for it, Simon called her a “naughty little thing.” I swear if he didn’t have a well-known girlfriend he would be on Haley like white on rice. (Did anyone watch Simon being interviewed on 60 Minutes Sunday night? A completely different side of him emerged, don’t you think?)

My boy, Chris R — no more JT-alike, he earned his own identity tonight — said he wanted to finally nail a song, and as far as I am concerned he did just that. Chris sang “Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying,” a Gerry and the Pacemakers song. Simon thought it was Chris’ best performance and congratulated him for not making the song sound old-fashioned. It was a good song because Chris is my boyfriend. He’s my boyfriend. He’s my boyfriend.

Stephanie sang “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me,” and I don’t tonight. Lulu said Stephanie is a better singer than Beyoncé, which is not much of a compliment, if you ask me. It was absolutely not a good song for her; she couldn’t showcase that great big voice she has that’s more Mary J. than Beyoncé. The judges agreed she had lost “her edge.” Not a good sign for Steph.

Our Beat Boy Blake sang “Time of the Season” by the Zombies and managed to Blake-ize it in just the right way. He kept the melody while making the song contemporary, and the judges all agreed it was (one of) his best performances so far. Randy said, “1,000 times yo.” Ryan’s impromptu attempt at dance and beat boxing was hysterical.

LaKisha has a great voice and made a very bad choice of song. Her perfomance of “Diamonds Are Forever,” the theme song of the James Bond movie of the same name, was unfortunate. Her $1,000,000 bling got in the way of her million-dollar singing. What’s worse was that she decided to get hair advice from Sanjaya. Simon didn’t like it or her performance. Ryan asked what she thought of the judges’ comments, and she answered, “You take the good with the bad and the ugly.” Well said, but not well sung.

Phil, Phil, Phil, again with the pinky. Put the pinky away. Phil sang “Tobacco Road,” and I could swear I’ve heard it from either Johnny Cash or Bruce Springsteen, and I don’t know which, but either would have been better. Phil’s problem is that he opens every song without much confidence and then builds up to a great crescendo of power. He has a great voice when he gets to that place. His shirt looked like it was stained. Simon placed him on the bottom rung, and you could tell Phil was pretty upset by that.

I find that I don’t want to write about anything but Jordin’s performance. She looked gorgeous in that black dress with her hair slinking down her shoulders. She admitted to loving the phrase, “I’m so excited,” and I found I was too as soon as she opened her mouth to sing, “I (Who Have Nothing).” I was completely floored by her performance. It was the perfect song and she sang it perfectly. Lulu predicted she would make it to the finals, and I believe she is right. Jordin moved into second place tonight and not even LaKisha could touch her performance. I think she’s in it to win it.

Simon said it made him want to jump off a bridge (we can only hope), but it’s just a testament to the fact that she sang it well because that was the nature of the song.

Sanjaya showed us his wild side, and I think I liked him better before. He was all right, but I am just so over him. He chose to sing “You Really Got Me,” after admitting he knows he’s not the best singer in the competition. A gracious man would bow out and let the ones with actual talent battle it out, but not Sanjaya. Most of you are not old enough to remember the raw sexuality of the Kinks — needless to say, Sanjaya hasn’t got an ounce of it. Ray Davies sang this song with a growly sexiness that Sanjaya couldn’t find if it were sitting in front of him with an arrow pointing to it and a note reading, “This way to the growly sexiness.” Randy said we were seeing “the new Sanjaya,” while Simon restrained himself gracefully by saying Ashley’s hysteria said it all.

OK, a note about the crying child-fan named Ashley: I couldn’t get a ticket to see the show so that this kid could sit there and cry? Look, for a seat, I’ll cry. Lord knows I do every time America votes to keep Sanjaya another week.

Was it just me, or did Lulu look a little like Olivia Newton-John? That Lulu is quite a singer. Wonder what she’s doing now? (Colorful spiral into a “Where Are They Now” show about Lulu.)

Oh yeah, Gina’s gonna sing the Stones with her new haircut. She said she tries not to read the “critiques on all the blogs!” Hope you’re all reading mine!! Pay attention — I love you, Gina!!! However, Gina’s unfortunate choice of the Stones’ “Paint It Black” was not my favorite Gina moment. I think it was too low for her. But I liked it more than Simon, who ranted that she was “so off melody” and went for “style over content.” All I can say in response to that was her hair looked fantastic.

Following in Blake’s footsteps, Chris Sligh also sang a song by the Zombies. His Christian fans are saying he needs to reclaim his Christian-ness. He’s strayed from his flock and they’re mad as heck. Will they forsake him this week? He tells Peter Noone his father used to sing to him, “Henry the eighth I am, I am.” Then he said something about Peter winning something like the sexiest person ever award? Not sure I get that, but maybe people even older than me were voting. Chris sang “She’s Not There" — I love that song. I love to listen to Chris sing. He stuck very close to the original melody after last week’s experimental failure. And he kept saying, “Fro Patrol,” which I have to assume is some kind of spin-off on “Soul Patrol,” which was Taylor’s fans' motto. I think he remains in the middle ground this week, but he’s going to have to step it up to get near the finals.

Melinda got a haircut, too! She admitted being terrified of having to pick a song from the '60s British Invasion, praying, “Oh, sweet Lord Jesus.” I was on the floor laughing. Melinda sang, “As Long As He Needs Me” from the musical Oliver. Once again she picked a song no one knows that is so boring that only she can make us love it. Ashley’s crying, again. Melinda is just fantastic as far as I am concerned. She puts her whole body into it. I would have liked to hear a different song, but agreed with Randy when he said we had saved the “best vocal for last.” Paula said Melinda, “tells a story with her song,” and Simon summed it up with, “impeccable vocal.”

Lulu is the ultimate firecracker. Peter Noone is the sexiest guy in the universe. And where are they now?

Sadly, I think we could lose Stephanie based on performance, but Phil is my pick to go. I think Jordin moved into second place tonight after Melinda, and Blake hangs in third.

El Chuxter
03-21-2007, 02:19 PM
My thoughts:

Haley: She's boring. She can't sing particularly well, and she can't pull off "sexy." Which is really odd, because she's a cute girl. She just looked stupid in that getup.

Chris: I can't remember him from week to week. He's that forgettable. The only thing I recall from last night, aside from a mild feeling of nausea, is being absolutely floored when Simon, an English record producer, said he didn't know the song "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying." What, do they not play English music in England?

Stephanie: Just as forgettable week-to-week as Chris. Time to pack up your bags, missy.

Blake: Every week, I hope the show will open with Seacrest saying, "Tonight, on a special American Idol, Blake is beaten by gorillas for two hours." I hate him. His beatboxing was clever once. Once. He totally raped "Time of the Season," and he needs to go to jail for it.

LaKisha: Second week in a row she's really taken a backseat to Melinda. This isn't even a close race between the two. In fact, as of this week, she is officially behind Jordin.

Phil: I can remember him because he looks like a troll. That's it. He wasn't impressive, and this was the only song I didn't know of the evening. Which is odd, since Seacrest said it had been a hit, and I love the British Invasion, but didn't know the song or the band. (I'm relatively certain neither Springsteen nor Cash ever sang it, despite what the reviewer you quoted said.)

Jordin: She gets better every week. If not for Melinda, she'd be the forerunner at the moment.

Sanjaya: I'll come back to him.

Gina: The best song by one of the best groups in history. An incredible arrangement and performance by the band. And she still blew it. Look, lady, the gig is up. You're not fooling anyone anymore. You're not a rocker. You're yet another generic, forgettable white girl who lucked into the finals and is going home soon to return to being a waitress or cashier or whatever. Hillary Duff somehow found Joan Jett's wardrobe, and the lady's going to want it back.

Chris: I cannot, no matter how I try, get over a smart-aleck clone of the son of the Prince of Darkness himself... who attended Bob Jones University? WTF? Aside from that, the performance was way too frantic. Another Zombies song ruined. Sadly, he's still the best of the guys.

Melinda: Not much to say, except, "America has voted, and Melinda is your newest American Idol!" If not, well, there are some really tasteless folks in America.

Back to Sanjaya.

WHY IS HE STILL HERE?

Remember what I said about wanting to see Blake beaten by gorillas? I'd like to see the Kinks take turns beating him for what he did to their song tonight. We don't even need to look at the votes. Sanjaya will be a bloody pulp and unable to sing after the Davies brothers get done with him, so we'll be down to ten, anyway.

Why didn't his sister make it instead? She's about as "talented" a singer, but she's much easier on the eyes. The show's stylists could've shaven her down.

As for the kid... Well, she's seated at the front, in front of producer Simon Fuller, in fact. As soon as he comes out, she's bawling, and the camera picks up on it immediately. But her crying is inconsistent. Sometimes she is, sometimes she ain't. It's like she's acting for the camera, and doesn't realize that sometimes it's aimed at her.

Can you say "plant"? I knew you could. (If not, well, you probably voted for Sanjaya.)

Sanjaya, please give Justin Guarini his gimmick back.

2-1B
03-21-2007, 07:20 PM
That chick from TVGuide is a nutjob if she's that moist over Bobblehead and Beatbox. :rolleyes:

OC47150
03-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Not shocked that Stephanie was cut. Started out strong but had slipped a bit while others improved.

I kinda missed the musical number at the beginning.

Poor Brad Garrett. :cry: Got pimped out by Seacrest.

JEDIpartner
03-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Hmmm... I kinda liked Blake's performance. I don't hink he raped it. I even like the original. I thought he was fine. I though Chris R was fine for the first time ever. Stephanie deserved to go... but still not before Sanjaya. He's just gross from A to beyond the alphabet.

I'm still on the Melinda, Jordin and LaKisha Bandwagon. All the way...

El Chuxter
03-22-2007, 12:31 PM
I hate anything that comes out of Blake's mouth, which is mostly spit he sprays while beatboxing like a third grader.

He also is good at moonwalking.

This isn't 1982, buddy!

2-1B
03-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Or 1999, so he should lose the polo and hair gel.

JEDIpartner
03-23-2007, 12:21 PM
You know... just because you don't like a certain genre of music dooesn't mean that they aren't good at what they do. You need to be a little more objective about it. Apparently, people connect with that "retro" aspect of his performance. BTW, the whole breakdance/pop-lock/beatboxing thing is actually kinda back in vogue the way disco was several years ago.

I'm not a huge Blake fan but you do have to be a little more objective about it and just say "I don't like Blake" and not pick apart pieces of his performance just because you don't like that sort of thing. I don't like death metal or stuff like that but I'm not going to say it's "horrible" or not "well done" because I think it's noisy or "pointless".

El Chuxter
03-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Okay.

I don't like him because he's a weak singer with a gimmick, and, aside from said gimmick, he's hopelessly generic.

OC47150
03-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Good points, JEDIPartner.

Blake may not be the most talented/skilled singer in the competition but he's a standout because of his beatboxing and dance moves. Just as much as Chris S. stand outs because of his curly hair and Sanjaya because of his lousy singing.

2-1B
03-24-2007, 01:11 PM
You know... just because you don't like a certain genre of music dooesn't mean that they aren't good at what they do. You need to be a little more objective about it. Apparently, people connect with that "retro" aspect of his performance. BTW, the whole breakdance/pop-lock/beatboxing thing is actually kinda back in vogue the way disco was several years ago.

I'm not a huge Blake fan but you do have to be a little more objective about it and just say "I don't like Blake" and not pick apart pieces of his performance just because you don't like that sort of thing. I don't like death metal or stuff like that but I'm not going to say it's "horrible" or not "well done" because I think it's noisy or "pointless".

Why not say that about death metal if you think that way? :grin:

Blake may be talented at beatboxing but I think beatboxing is pointless. Therefore, Blake's talent = pointless. :crazed:

I will give Blake credit for being talented at pulling off the Abercrombie and Fitch lifestyle. And here I thought LFO was a thing of the past. lol

JEDIpartner
03-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Shut up Tony. You're not funny, informative or right.

Strangeaya's hair and he both need to leave the show immediately.

Quote of the evening goes to Simon: "Let's face it. You're in your own universe and those who like you... goooood luck!"

It was a largely boring show. Gwen was less than helpful to the contestants and she added nothing to the show.

2-1B
03-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Shut up Tony. You're not funny, informative or right.

Oh. Okay then.

You're not right about Sanjaya, he's fantastic. So is his hair.

OC47150
03-28-2007, 08:31 AM
The #1 to vote Sanjaya off: not his singing (which was bad as usual) but that freakin' hair-do!

Who in the he*$ advised that kid he looked good?

And if you noticed, Sanjaya got the most air time last night, with the one-on-one interview with Seacrest.

JEDIpartner
03-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Oh. Okay then.

You're not right about Sanjaya, he's fantastic. So is his hair.

You know... my mum had a slight stroke over the weekend and I'm just not in the mood for your b*tchy, smart-a**, uneducated comments this week. Obviously, if what he was doing was so dated sounding, then the judges would have pointed that out as they so love to do ever week.

The #1 to vote Sanjaya off: not his singing (which was bad as usual) but that freakin' hair-do!

Who in the he*$ advised that kid he looked good?

And if you noticed, Sanjaya got the most air time last night, with the one-on-one interview with Seacrest.

I can't stand that they are giving someone with clearly so little talent (and not someone whose talent doesn't appeal to me) so much airtime.

I was really happy that Gina finally seemed at ease and really brought a good performance to the stage.

Blake was boring this week. I liked the arrangement of the song but I think kids who don't know the original won't understand that it was changed and they will think it was lacklustre.

Melinda was great again... and LaKisha was good. I was a little disappointed that Jordin didn't seem to have it together this week. Maybe it was the arrangement of the song. It just didn't work for me.

Chris Sligh is starting to have some issues as his delivery is getting sloppier each week and he sounds more and more like he has a cold. Conversely, I was impressed by Phil who really surprised me this week. I don't think it was one of those 100% performances but he really did well and "fixed" the things the plagued him over the past several weeks.

Chris Richardson kinda mangled his performance at the end by forgetting the words and making up one line. Good cover, mister. LOL He wasn't amazing but it was passable.

Haley? Forget it, kid. You're there now 'cos you're cute.

OC47150
03-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your mother, JEDIpartner. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

JEDIpartner
03-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your mother, JEDIpartner. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

Thank you... :(

It really sucks to be the only child of divorced parents during times like this. All of my mum's relatives are still in Japan so I have no one who can really help.

2-1B
03-28-2007, 10:51 PM
You know... my mum had a slight stroke over the weekend and I'm just not in the mood for your b*tchy, smart-a**, uneducated comments this week.

No Dale,
I didn't know that
and I am sorry for your mother's health. That is sad to hear and I hope she is able to make a recovery. :cry:

Still, I don't think that's an excuse to take my goofy comments on the internet about a meaningless TV show and take a personal shot over it. :rolleyes:

You don't seem to find me "uneducated" when we are discussing legitimate issues of a serious nature (stupid TV shows excluded, of course :D ) or at least, you didn't used to....but whatever, suit yourself. :confused:

OC47150
03-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Not surprised that Chris S. is gone. He didn't bring his A game Tuesday night. Just a tad off tempo and maybe even the wrong song.

Haley is starting to use her sex appeal to get her further along.

I guess Phil will be this season's bottom 3 regular.

I have an observation based on an article/comment I read somewhere. Most of the contestants would have a good career as an entertainer on a cruise line. I agree. There are only 3 - 4 who could have a record career.

JEDIpartner
03-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Firstly, 3000 apologies to Tony during my "panic" mood during my mum's illness.

Secondly, back to the issue:
I guess a lot of you are sorta missing my point about this. Your attitudes and critcisms towards Blake's performances seem to be more a preference issue than an actual technical issue. Yes, beatboxing did emerge during the 1980s, that doesn't mean it has no place in today's music. Vocal embellishments such as beatboxing, scatting, singing in falsetto and so forth came from different eras in modern music but are still commonplace in today's music market. So, what I guess I'm trying to hammer home is that your issues stem beyond Blake's performance and the show. These issues bleed into music appreciation and understanding as a whole.

You have to give the kid a little credit. He knows how to play keyboards and compose music and he tinkers with the arrangements himself each week. I give him props for being able to do that and bring it to the final arrangers for the show. Strangeaya doesn't do any of this and, whether little girls like him or not, the general public agrees that he lacks charisma and musical finesse. Again, I'm not a champion of Blake's as he doesn't really appeal to me most weeks BUT I'm not going to say he isn't any good.

Not surprised that Chris S. is gone. He didn't bring his A game Tuesday night. Just a tad off tempo and maybe even the wrong song.I really used to like him but his technique and charisma have really fallen off in the last couple weeks. His delivery has been throwaway and almost lazy sounding... as if he didn't even care. He's sounded like his got a noseful of snot and nothing to blow it into before he goes out on stage. I'm just glad that he didn't get a haircut or have his 'do relaxed 'cos that would have been awful to take that aspect of "him" away. I really wish he would have seemed a little more interested in his own performance and success on the show. I think that would have helped him considerably.

2-1B
03-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Firstly, 3000 apologies to Tony during my "panic" mood during my mum's illness.

Not necessary...but likewise, my apologies for getting under JP's skin. :D
Nothing to see here. Move along, move along. lol

No, I do not care for Blake's style of music, that is my honest opinion. I was, however, kidding about Sanjaya (I don't actually like his singing).

I heard at work today that Howard Stern (the radio shock jock, not the anna nicole enabler) is rousing people to vote for Sanjaya just to stick it to Seacrest? Anybody else hear something like that? :confused:

UKWildcat
03-29-2007, 11:26 PM
I heard at work today that Howard Stern (the radio shock jock, not the anna nicole enabler) is rousing people to vote for Sanjaya just to stick it to Seacrest? Anybody else hear something like that? :confused:

Yeah, I heard he is getting people to vote for Sanjaya, but I didn't know the reason.

Sorry to hear about your mother Dale. :cry:

OC47150
03-30-2007, 08:07 AM
I've heard that too, but no specific reason why. Figured it was Howard being Howard.

JEDIpartner
03-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Honestly, Howard just annoys the crap out of me. Sometimes he's funny and sometimes he has a point. This time, I think he's completely lost the plot.

Sorry to hear about your mother Dale. :cry:

Thanks, mister.

Not necessary...

No... it's completely necessary. When you do something that's not proper, you need to own it and apologise. So... there you go. :)

DarkArtist
03-30-2007, 04:59 PM
as much as I am not a Sanjaya fan i really want to see if he makes it to the top 5. only because of the hair from the Gwen Stafani night. plus I also made a bet at work that he would be in the top 5.

El Chuxter
04-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Wow, JP, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she's doing better. :(

And on topic: Buh-bye, Jack Osbourne Chris.

OC47150
04-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Open letter to the producers:

Chances are, you'll never see or read this letter but I wanted you to know that I'm losing interest in your show. I really don't care who wins at this point. There's not a single person left performing who'd I'd spend my hard-earned money on buying his or her record.

The talent this season is below par, compared to past seasons. The only people you can blame for that are the three judges. More talented singers were cut early on. You have your favorites, it's pretty obvious.

Haley is right: there's only one judge whose opinion matters, and that's Simon's.

Tim

UKWildcat
04-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Well put OC! :thumbsup:

I just saw where Gina got kicked off last night?!?!? I thought she was one of the better singers?!?!?!? I guess that doesn't really matter eh? :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
04-05-2007, 01:39 PM
I still think Gina got further this time (this is apparently the fifth time she auditioned, and the second time she got to Hollywood Week) because she was pretending to be something she's not, namely a punky rocker. Week to week, she couldn't keep up the charade.

She was one of the better singers, but not one of the best. Still, she should've outlasted Chris II, Haley, Blake, and Sanjaya.

Sanjaya bugs me more and more each week. Still, I have to feel sorry for the guy. He can't not know how much some fans hate him, and how others are voting for him merely because he's clearly the worst.

My rankings as of now:

1) Melinda
2 (tie)) Jordin
2 (tie)) LaKisha

(Yeah, it's cheating, but those two are really evenly matched. They're both excellent, and they've both screwed up, albeit minorly, a few times. Jordin seems to be improving more, so I suppose she has a very slight edge right now.)

4) Phil (if you don't look at the TV)
5) Blake
6) Haley
7) Chris II
97) Sanjaya

JEDIpartner
04-09-2007, 12:17 PM
I just saw where Gina got kicked off last night?!?!? I thought she was one of the better singers?!?!?!? I guess that doesn't really matter eh? :rolleyes:

I thought she had the potential to be one of the better singers but her performances have been really uneven, which is a shame. I think she is, for her type, a pretty girl and has a nice personality. When she was good, she was amazing. When she sucked, one's ears could bleed.

On an interesting note, there was an online "rank the finalists" thing on MSN last week. It basically went down like this when I had a go at it:
1. Melinda
2. Jordin
3. LaKisha
4. Blake
5. Chris R.
6. Gina
7. Phil
8. Haley
9. Sanjaya (88%)

Okay... currently, this is what we have (and it appears to now be based on the highest/lowest vote getters):

1. 'Idol' winner Melinda Doolittle ( 56% )/Blake Lewis ( 8% )/LaKisha Jones ( 8% )
2. 'Idol' runnerup Melinda Doolittle ( 27% )/LaKisha Jones ( 26% )/Blake Lewis ( 14% )
3. Third best Melinda Doolittle ( 10% )/LaKisha Jones ( 33% )/Blake Lewis ( 21% )
4. Fourth best Melinda Doolittle ( 3% )/Blake Lewis ( 38% )/LaKisha Jones ( 21% )
5. Fifth best Melinda Doolittle ( 1% )/Chris Richardson ( 52% )/Blake Lewis ( 12% )
6. Sixth best Melinda Doolittle ( 1% )/Haley Scarnato ( 23% )/Chris Richardson ( 17% )
7. Seventh best Melinda Doolittle ( 1% )/Haley Scarnato ( 49% )/Sanjaya Malakar ( 7% )
8. Eighth best Melinda Doolittle ( 1% )/Sanjaya Malakar ( 72% )/Haley Scarnato ( 14% )

OC47150
04-09-2007, 03:23 PM
I was reading an Associated Press article about Gina's departure. Nothing that exciting until the last couple of paragraphs.

For the fourth straight week, ratings have been down, with 28.2 million viewers tuning into last Tuesday's show (down 3.5 million from the same show last year) and 26.9 million watching Wednesday's show (down 800,000 from last year).

You think it might have to do with the issues we fans have been harping on for weeks now? :yes:

El Chuxter
04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Does one of those issues wear a mohawk on occasion?

2-1B
04-09-2007, 06:18 PM
I liked Gina, thought she was pretty good. I didn't see her earlier auditions in past seasons though, so I have no frame of reference there.

El Chuxter
04-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I don't think they've shown them, or they glossed over them in prior seasons.

OC47150
04-10-2007, 08:15 AM
I liked Gina, thought she was pretty good. I didn't see her earlier auditions in past seasons though, so I have no frame of reference there.

I vaguely remember her from last season during the Hollywood portion. She stood out for her appearance/action more than anything.

JEDIpartner
04-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Oh, man... I like Latin music and most of the songs they are singing are barely Latin and they are barely exciting!!! What the heck is going on??? I should have loved this night but it was boring!!!!!!

Haley looked like a really young Kathie Lee Gifford tonight. Ugh.

El Chuxter
04-10-2007, 09:08 PM
It won't air here for two more hours, but I saw that J-Hoe was the musical advisor this week.

What. The. %^&*????

That woman hasn't got a bit of talent in her entire overrated body.

Tonysmo
04-11-2007, 03:39 AM
Ima disagree here. .. while it wasn’t the greatest show.. I do think it was a “guys” night .. Blake and Chris were the favs I believe. And… like Simon said.. as much as this hurts to say.. you really can see the improvement of Sanjaya…

His comment to Haley was deadly accurate – she seems to be whoring it up more and more each week. The lipstick did nothing for me.

I was actually waiting for someone to finally try a Miami sound machine song.. ( the chick that got booted early in the competition would have done great here.. ) and I wasn’t impressed with any of the ladies performances tonight. Jordin was prolly the best out of all of them.

My predictions for the tonight’s bottom 3..

Phil.
Haley
Lakisha / sanjaya..

Id like Phil to go.. cause Im sick of looking at him. However.. I’ll bet its Haley.

OC47150
04-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Lakisha was showing her lethal weapons, wasn't she? :laugh:

Haley is playing the sex appeal card more and more each week.

Did Sanjaya cut his hair or just curl it real tight?

JEDIpartner
04-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Chris' vocal was bad but his performance was good. Blake was probably the best of the whole group last night. *shudders* Conversely, LaKisha, Melinda and Jordin all turned in good vocals but their performances were dull. Oh, what a mess!!!

I am not a Jenny Pezhead fan by any means but she was a lot more helpful than Gwen Stefani. At least she took a little more initiative to try to help them with their vocal delivery and even some movements. I really was impressed by that. Beyond that, I still don't give a toss about her other than she's a pretty girl. *shrug*

El Chuxter
04-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Hopefully, the producers will notice that everyone sucked last night and not do a Latin theme again. The music is tougher to adapt, and how many frigging Santana songs can one hear butchered in an hour?

Besides, J-Lo? Seriously. What the hell? Will they have William Hung next week?

JEDIpartner
04-11-2007, 10:13 AM
The band was really good last night. Actually, I've enjoyed the band over the last couple years versus the pre-recorded backing tracks from the first couple of seasons... save for the Big Band night they did in season one.

JEDIpartner
04-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Only on “American Idol” could a musical legend like Tony Bennett be followed by an episode featuring Jennifer Lopez. But at this point, “Idol” is such a juggernaut that it stretches across the genre boundaries, and thus Standards Week was followed by Latin Week.

“I think the key to any Latin thing is passion,” J.Lo said. Sadly for the film star/singer/entrepreneur it was tough for the eight remaining finalists to show that passion, with most settling for something like “fun” or “not excruciating.”

Blake Lewis was the star of the night, with Phil Stacey and Haley Scarnato at the bottom. Besides that, it was a whole lot of blah, which is a shame considering the genre should have brought forth something more exciting.

Melinda Doolittle, 29, Brentwood, Tenn .: J.Lo said that she was hoping to see a little more sexiness from Doolittle this week. “That’s going to be my biggest challenge, because I am so not sexy,” Doolittle said. And yet, she pulled that off as well, “Sway”-ing to the beat and once again giving a premier performance. Even though the judges agreed it wasn’t her best, only Simon didn’t like it, and she got her first “lounge-cabaret” criticism from him.
Grade: A-
Stay or Go? “If he really wanted to say something bad, I’m glad he got the chance,” Melinda said of the Simon commentary, alluding to his comments last week that she wasn’t giving him anything to complain about. But it will take more than that to send Doolittle home. She should be safe.

LaKisha Jones, 27, Fort Meade, Md.:“Conga” didn’t seem like an obvious choice for Jones, as she's no threat to take over fronting Miami Sound Machine from Gloria Estefan. The result was fine, but not something that she’s likely to put on any future audition tapes. It’s tough for anyone to pull that song off without sounding like a wedding singer, and she didn’t quite succeed, although she moved around the stage very well. Neither Paula nor Simon liked it, but Randy was again impressed.
Grade: B
Stay or Go? Jones should be safe, but at this stage of the game anything is possible.

Chris Richardson, 22, Chesapeake, Va.: Having the drummer and the guitarist on stage with him helped Richardson with “Smooth,” but he’s sure no Rob Thomas, much less Santana. It sounded a lot better on stage than it did in the rehearsal with J.Lo — so he successfully created low expectations for himself and then exceeded them. Paula called it “a hot, hot performance,” and even Simon liked it. Still, it wasn’t anything extraordinary, and he’ll need to do better than that to catch up to the leaders.
Stay or Go? Richardson is probably OK, but it wouldn’t be shocking to see him in the bottom three even with this effort.

Haley Scarnato, 24, San Antonio, Texas: Rehearsals were tough for “Turn the Beat Around” even with Blake beatboxing the drum part, but Scarnato sexed things up for prime time and came through with a fun performance. “Fun” is all she can be at this point — she’s certainly not going to win this on her vocals. Randy called it karaoke, Paula said she had fun with it, and Simon said her tactic was to “wear the least amount of clothes as possible … the rest are all better singers, so all you can do is have fun.”
Grade: C+
Stay or Go? Scarnato could go at any time.

Phil Stacey, 29, Jacksonville, Fla.: J.Lo said that Stacey gave her goose pimples at the end of “Maria, Maria,” which will be a nice line for his “Idol” farewell video that may be coming up shortly. This was not one of Stacey’s better performances, and considering he’s spent enough time in the bottom three to pay taxes there, he’s in big trouble. The vocal cracks at the end won’t help either.
Grade: C
Stay or Go? Stacey shouldn’t buy any green bananas.

Jordin Sparks, 17, Glendale, Ariz.: Sparks said that if she could choose a theme for the show next week, they’d all be singing songs from the 1980s. Sparks did that this week anyway, with “The Rhythm is Gonna Get You,” and was disappointing. Her vocals were too slow to capture the rhythm of the song. Still, Randy and Paula loved it, with only Simon saying it was just OK.
Stay or Go? She’s probably safe.

Blake Lewis, 25, Bothell, Wash.: Lewis went with a song from Mr. J.Lo, singing “I Need to Know” by Marc Anthony. He wasn’t any threat to steal Lopez away from her husband, but Lewis continues to stake his claim as the favorite among the men by avoiding the disastrous performances that the other three occasionally offer. He took some risks with the vocals, and it paid off with the best effort of the night. All three judges loved it.
Grade: A
Stay or Go? If any guy is going to win this, it will be Lewis. He’s in no danger.

Sanjaya Malakar, 17, Federal Way, Wash.: Another night, another hairstyle for Malakar, who’s looking to bring back the mop-top this week. At least he may wind up earning a shampoo endorsement out of the deal. In other breaking news, Malakar wasn’t the worst of the eight finalists this week, killing the voters softly with his Spanish vocals on “Bésame Mucho.” Randy even called it “really good.” “I’m going to hate myself for this — it wasn’t horrible,” Simon added. That’s what passes for compliments for Malakar these days, but they were deserved.
Stay or Go? Malakar could go any week, but this is the rare occasion where his ouster would be undeserved.

I think the grades are a little high unless you are grading on a curve, which you would have to do this week since EVERYONE was snoozeworthy!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Frankly I'm a little tired of Melinda now; I mean, she's good, but she doesn't really bring anything new to the table anymore. Her earlier performances were better.

Sanjaya at least showed that, if he wanted to, he wouldn't have to suck so badly.