PDA

View Full Version : Trouble viewing the trailer online?

Hitman
11-09-2001, 08:38 PM
Two things:

FIRST, if you have the DVD, this tip was posted on alt.binaries.starwars:

"A helpful hint to those who are having trouble accessing the DVD site... You don't necessarily have to use the InterActual player. This is what I did... First, load your TPM DVD and then just get to the starwars.com on the menu screen. Okay, now let it sit at that and start up Internet Explorer and load the DVD site from there. The thing is that if you want to view the site using IE, you have to have InterActual loading and running too because IE seems to be dependent on some web display property that only InterActual has built in. I know, sounds stupid. InterActual
wouldn't load the page correctly so using IE was a better choice..."

I couldn't view the trailer with IE until I started up InterActual in the background. Once I did, no problemo.

SECOND, if you don't have the DVD (or can't get it to work), head on over to what I guess is a German fanclub site. Some dude actually videotaped the trailer playing on his computer screen!!!! It's 7.3 megs zipped, 8.5 megs expanded into an avi, and small, but if you really can't wait, give it a try. (first couple seconds are some kind of cartoon drawing - dont worry, the trailer is there)

Here's the link, just click on "Downloaden": http://jedi-alliance.k-babes.de/ep2teaser_b.php

(Thanks to BenAlon and mMathab in the newsgroup)

Hitman

bigbarada
11-09-2001, 09:27 PM
I tried downloading the trailer from your link and it says I don't have the required compressor to view it. All I get is warbled sound but no picture.:cry:

Jedi Clint
11-09-2001, 10:33 PM
BigB,

www.divx.com

bigbarada
11-09-2001, 10:46 PM
Thanks, Jedi Clint!! :happy:

GNT
11-09-2001, 10:55 PM
Yep I saw those pictures from that site and I'm pretty impressed :)

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 10:37 AM
With my netscape using the mac page, the large-size trailer downloaded into my system's cache even though the screen said I needed the DVD in the drive. I would suspect that you could simply copy the working 12.8meg file from the Netscape cache and paste it into another folder and play that, but I didn't do it because I don't have a fast connection. However, the file size is identical to other versions of the large version out there, so I think it'll work.